* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

Things about Deanna in Aftershock - Nico states to Gia "Vincent never liked her much either. He just put up with her because she was crazy in bed. Liked some kink and bondage."

Then goes on to say "She'd told him once that she started her career by sleeping with prominent married (that word in italics but I can't do that here) men, and then using pillow talk and extortion, if necessary, to get leads out of them."

The outcome of Gia's actions meant Deanna was fired so presumably this happens in a time after Gid/Eva?

All we know happened with Gideon was that he came on to Deanna to evade being stuck with Anne Lucas, Deanna had heard he had a dark reputation so was willing to hook up. He took Deanna to the hotel, proceeded to do something unspecified with her but probably not the s*x*al act itself and probably no bondage or kink included, took a phone call and told her she could go as whatever the call was about was more important than her (and in Gideon's mind some business would be more important than a quick shag with a woman he did not expect to see again in that way). So yes it is not nice to get down to the s*x act and end up unfulfilled and told to go, and presuming she knew his one night stand history to realise there would be no repeat - but is that really enough to cause someone to continue to hold a grudge?

Knowing we only have one book to go and lots of things to finalise, maybe we're on the wrong track with Deanna, thinking she may be dangerous still when in fact Gideon's apology could have calmed her down? So far as the women are concerned he's enough on his hands with Anne who is definitely dangerous, getting Corrine to realise publishing a book is not a great idea at all and is not going to solve anything, and then his mother - is he going to reconcile with her once she realises she was totally in the wrong, or will there remain some form of distance between them? The mystery of the other person who checked Gideon and said he had not been abused is still there plus I can't forget the comment Gideon made re Cary at the garden party "Just remember that he's Eva's friend, Mother. That makes him min as well."

In finding that last sentence I passed through the scene in the library - after Magdalene had seen Gideon and Eva we know she told Christopher that she saw Gideon eating Eva, did she rush straight to tell him, was that why Christopher appeared shortly after while they were f**king? Was he attempting to act as a voyeur, and had he done so in the past when Hugh was with Gideon?

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things about Deanna in Aftershock - Nico states to Gia "Vincent never liked her much either. He just put up with her because she was crazy in bed. Liked some kink and bondage."

Then goes on to say "She'd told him once that she started her career by sleeping with prominent married (that word in italics but I can't do that here) men, and then using pillow talk and extortion, if necessary, to get leads out of them."

The outcome of Gia's actions meant Deanna was fired so presumably this happens in a time after Gid/Eva?

All we know happened with Gideon was that he came on to Deanna to evade being stuck with Anne Lucas, Deanna had heard he had a dark reputation so was willing to hook up. He took Deanna to the hotel, proceeded to do something unspecified with her but probably not the s*x*al act itself and probably no bondage or kink included, took a phone call and told her she could go as whatever the call was about was more important than her (and in Gideon's mind some business would be more important than a quick shag with a woman he did not expect to see again in that way). So yes it is not nice to get down to the s*x act and end up unfulfilled and told to go, and presuming she knew his one night stand history to realise there would be no repeat - but is that really enough to cause someone to continue to hold a grudge?

Knowing we only have one book to go and lots of things to finalise, maybe we're on the wrong track with Deanna, thinking she may be dangerous still when in fact Gideon's apology could have calmed her down? So far as the women are concerned he's enough on his hands with Anne who is definitely dangerous, getting Corrine to realise publishing a book is not a great idea at all and is not going to solve anything, and then his mother - is he going to reconcile with her once she realises she was totally in the wrong, or will there remain some form of distance between them? The mystery of the other person who checked Gideon and said he had not been abused is still there plus I can't forget the comment Gideon made re Cary at the garden party "Just remember that he's Eva's friend, Mother. That makes him min as well."

In finding that last sentence I passed through the scene in the library - after Magdalene had seen Gideon and Eva we know she told Christopher that she saw Gideon eating Eva, did she rush straight to tell him, was that why Christopher appeared shortly after while they were f**king? Was he attempting to act as a voyeur, and had he done so in the past when Hugh was with Gideon?

I don't think Deanna can be fired at this point she is a freelance writer.  She was fired (my theory) before Gideon and hoped to use him for contacts.  That would explain why she was so hostile that he treated her the way he did.  Yes it was demeaning but like Eva said give him and move on.  (paraphrasing) 

I don't think Deanna is a big problem anymore but she does like to stir the pot a little, thus the drop by Gideon's office.  I think she is happy with the wedding story she is getting.  I also think she hopes to have Gideon as a reference for future stories. 

I agree there are enough questions unanswered to fill two books.  As I mentioned before I hope these questions aren't brushed over or answered off page and we only see a few sentences about the discussion.

Good question about Christopher being a little voyeuristic.  He said he came looking for Gideon at his mother's request but it could be his own curiosity.  He did ask Eva a couple times if she was OK. 

I feel like I'm always saying this about the Crossfire series but I want the next book now!

Well since we are getting down and dirty lol I do have a question about Gideon's sexual habits...Going down on a woman is a very intimate act and usually reserved for a woman a man really cares about even Gideon refers to it that way when talking to Magdalene about catching him in the library with Eva...He said he was not going to apologiize for making love to his girlfriend in a closed room...

So if he didnt use his dic$ to pleasure the women he must really have very skilled hands etc because I just cant see him "eating" for lack of a better term all those hundreds of women and then of course there would be the risk of HPV...

Also you make a good point about Christopher and voyeurism... Perhaps he did see what was going on between Gideon and Hugh and has repressed those memories...I wonder if Christopher has nightmares too???

What do you all think??? :). :)

Well since we are getting down and dirty lol I do have a question about Gideon's sexual habits...Going down on a woman is a very intimate act and usually reserved for a woman a man really cares about even Gideon refers to it that way when talking to Magdalene about catching him in the library with Eva...He said he was not going to apologiize for making love to his girlfriend in a closed room...

So if he didnt use his dic$ to pleasure the women he must really have very skilled hands etc because I just cant see him "eating" for lack of a better term all those hundreds of women and then of course there would be the risk of HPV...

Also you make a good point about Christopher and voyeurism... Perhaps he did see what was going on between Gideon and Hugh and has repressed those memories...I wonder if Christopher has nightmares too???

Hi Sscrph,
I read your comments and you raise a very proactive question.  What I find really interesting is that every time Gideon is confronted with a nightmare or a face to face discussion about his past abuse, he has a driving need to have very aggressive s*x.  I find it difficult to understand why he feels the need to have very rough, aggressive and nearly violent s*x?  Does anyone have any theories.

I understand his need to have control because of past abuse issues but I have difficulty in comprehending the magnitude of his aggression when having s*x.  How can this be related to past abuse issues?  When confronting past memories of abuse, their first instinct isn't to engage in very aggressive s*x.  Many individuals become very emotional and cannot perform s*xually, yet Gideon seems to be the complete antithesis.   

Does anyone have any insight or theories?  Off all of the plot twists in the story, this seems like the most difficult to comprehend for me.  What does everyone think?    

Didn't Anne metioned something about 'all the s*xtoys he loved to use'???

Hi Ann Cathrin,
As odd as Anne's comments may have been, in a way I can actually understand why Gideon would use a s*x toy.  He would not have to be "intimate" with the woman,  he could remain clinically detached (i.e. he would not have to have his p*nis exposed or where he wouldn't want it to be) and all of the women could be in a sense like a little s*xual lab experiment of sorts.  The use of toys could allow him to see what women like/dislike and enjoy the most.  He could gauge the physical reactions and responses of the women.  Once he figured out what a woman likes, if he decided to engage in more than one s*xual encounter, he could exert more control over said partner.  He could decide if he wanted to punish said partner; by denying an org*sm, inflicting some sort of pain, or send said partner through the roof with an over the top "0rg*sm".

I just wonder how he would justify his "interesting" s*xual preferences.  I understand the Gideon is extremely wealthy, and one of the most good looking men but his preference is odd.  I wonder how many women would sit back and question an arrangement like that.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

I think that Tat felt that she was losing Cary to Trey and what better way to keep a man than say I'm pregnant and it's yours Cary !!!

She didn't take control of protection and or birth control she doesn't strike me as faithful, she preens and flaunts herself at Gideon in front of Cary and Eva.

I'd like to see at Gideon and Eva's wedding Trey there with Cary and Tat found out as a liar and possibly not even pregnant . Her mood swings are just down to her general b**** ness

Chris jr gets a bit of bad press but justifiably so. We saw what he did to maggie at the garden party. He wants to promote six ninths at the expense of Eva. A pattern seems to develop he doesn't was to see Gideon happy is that guilt for not speaking up when Hugh was abusing Gideon . Had Hugh tried with him and then went to Gideon .?

Elizabeth Vidal her son tells her the terrible things Hugh did but yet she didn't believe him. But I'm thinking out of the box could it be that Hugh or Dr Lucas have info on Elizabeth that connected her to the financial fraud along with her husband. So they therefore blackmailed her to keep quiet or they'd expose her . Elizabeth unable to take her own life like Her husband had and unable to face the prospect of court cases her reputation splashed across the newspapers and media took the option of not believing her son in the hope that he would just forget it and move on with his life .

Just putting it out there !

Hi ShazScott,

I love your theory about Elizabeth Vidal!  At this point, after the mafia, etc. I wouldn't be surprised in the least.  Your theory is refreshing.

I really hope that Cary is not the father of Tatiana's baby.  Wait did Cary see Tatiana pee on one of those "pregnancy sticks"?  Did she have an ultrasound, or any documentation to prove that she is in fact pregnant?  Or is this going to be another situation of where Tatiana says she is pregnant and tries to entice Cary into an unprotected quickie?  Who needs birth control if she is already pregnant?

If Tat is pregnant I dont think its with Cary; remember Tat went back to Prague for a bit before Cary had his accident; I think when she was there she hooked up with someone and that's who the father is...

I hope so too Sscrph.  I think it was Sharon (hope I got it right about citing the correct post) who had stated that Cary was religious about protected s*x.  I would think that if the condom broke, Cary would have been aware of it, when they had finished. 

I just want to make a general comment about Elizabeth. I feel like her admitting that Gideon was abused would be tantamount to admitting that she on some level failed him, and in her mind that would have made her a bad parent. It's much easier to think your troubled son is lying than to think that you've been blind to something of this magnitude going on in your child's life. Do I agree that it was her fault he was being abused...no. But like Eva stated the minute Elizabeth found out and didn't believe him she became just as guilty.

Hi Kirsten,

I read your comments and I agree with you to a point.  I can understand Elizabeth Vidal being so stressed out that she couldn't handle anything more, what I can't understand is why she just didn't fire Hugh.  All she had to do was that ONE thing and even is she didn't do anything else, it would have at least limited the damage that Gideon suffered.

I am sorry, I simply do not buy that whole overwhelmed thing, so the way to solve the problem of a child acting out is to send them back to the person that the child had DIRECTLY made allegations against!! 

I can completely understand STRESS!! I can understand a woman being on the verge of completely being overwhelmed, what I don't understand is why this woman had NO mothering instincts toward her own child?!! What in the sam-hill could she have been thinking??? 

It may be a stretch but I have to wonder whether on some subconscious level, Elizabeth Vidal was punishing Gideon because he resembled/in some way represented a part of the husband who hurt so many people and destroyed her family and life.  I also have to wonder whether she may have been a little resentful of having to cart around a child from a previous marriage when she was trying to build "a new ideal life and family"?

I realize that I have advocated for waiting to hear about Elizabeth Vidal's past, but the more that woman opens her mouth, the less I like her even more!  She crucified one child while offering protection to her two other children.  If that's not disgusting then I don't know what is!!  The woman had the wherewithal, money, means and family support and SHE chose NOT to avail herself of that help.  SICK!!

I just wanted to add that yes, I know this story is fictional.  I think that the issues that have been raised in this book are unfortunately all-too-real and I find it weary some that there seem to be more excuses than action to end these types of scenarios.  Thank you for your posting Kirsten.

Hi Sscrph,

I read your comments and you raise a very proactive question.  What I find really interesting is that every time Gideon is confronted with a nightmare or a face to face discussion about his past abuse, he has a driving need to have very aggressive s*x.  I find it difficult to understand why he feels the need to have very rough, aggressive and nearly violent s*x?  Does anyone have any theories.

I understand his need to have control because of past abuse issues but I have difficulty in comprehending the magnitude of his aggression when having s*x.  How can this be related to past abuse issues?  When confronting past memories of abuse, their first instinct isn't to engage in very aggressive s*x.  Many individuals become very emotional and cannot perform s*xually, yet Gideon seems to be the complete antithesis.   

Does anyone have any insight or theories?  Off all of the plot twists in the story, this seems like the most difficult to comprehend for me.  What does everyone think?

My own suspicion over the anger is in a post I made a few days ago, along the lines of it could be learned behaviour. Hugh taught Gideon to control his anger via mas*****tion and Hugh then went on to penetrate Gideon, possibly violently (in his nightmares he is writhing in agony. I guess he now relates very rough s*s to his anger and uses that to dissipate the anger. In the elevator scene he knows he should stay away from Eva but she taunts him with the red teddy. I took his actions then to be tying her up to stop her from taunting him further, then going off to shower and drink lots of water to cool down some of the raging 'ardour' he was now feeling and the water would possibly be to try and dilute the alcohol already in his blood stream. He also needed Eva to be more relaxed hence giving her a small glass of spirits.

It was doubtless this anger that rose in him when he was with Anne due to her likeness to Hugh, which led him to be 'particularly depraved' with her and from the fact she came back for more and he allowed her to (because he felt he was punishing Hugh as well as Terence Lucas) she must have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. And I bet she hasn't found anyone quite as good at what he did to her to take his place which could be one of the reasons she is after him.

Noting he was 'particularly depraved' with Anne could mean there was some depravity with others, after all his early s*xual encounters were all forced on him, possibly the vanilla s*x we assume he had with Corrine was not enough for him, whereas with Eva he realised that it was and although he would like to have a little of the kink, he's actually quite happy with vanilla.

Quote Gigi It may be a stretch but I have to wonder whether on some subconscious level, Elizabeth Vidal was punishing Gideon because he resembled/in some way represented a part of the husband who hurt so many people and destroyed her family and life. I also have to wonder whether she may have been a little resentful of having to cart around a child from a previous marriage when she was trying to build "a new ideal life and family"?

I had wondered about Gideon resembling his father - we know he looks like his mother facially but was his father similar? Eva's comments on the photo of father and son were just that he had movie star looks and his body was how Gideon's is now.

I also wondered about the actual circumstances of Geoffrey's death - was the deed done at home and who discovered him, Elizabeth or Gideon?

If we don't get all our answers in OWY Sylvia is going to have to give us those via Facebook or Twitter!

Hi Kirsten,

I read your comments and I agree with you to a point. I can understand Elizabeth Vidal being so stressed out that she couldn't handle anything more, what I can't understand is why she just didn't fire Hugh. All she had to do was that ONE thing and even is she didn't do anything else, it would have at least limited the damage that Gideon suffered.

I am sorry, I simply do not buy that whole overwhelmed thing, so the way to solve the problem of a child acting out is to send them back to the person that the child had DIRECTLY made allegations against!!

I can completely understand STRESS!! I can understand a woman being on the verge of completely being overwhelmed, what I don't understand is why this woman had NO mothering instincts toward her own child?!! What in the sam-hill could she have been thinking???

It may be a stretch but I have to wonder whether on some subconscious level, Elizabeth Vidal was punishing Gideon because he resembled/in some way represented a part of the husband who hurt so many people and destroyed her family and life. I also have to wonder whether she may have been a little resentful of having to cart around a child from a previous marriage when she was trying to build "a new ideal life and family"?

I realize that I have advocated for waiting to hear about Elizabeth Vidal's past, but the more that woman opens her mouth, the less I like her even more! She crucified one child while offering protection to her two other children. If that's not disgusting then I don't know what is!! The woman had the wherewithal, money, means and family support and SHE chose NOT to avail herself of that help. SICK!!

I just wanted to add that yes, I know this story is fictional. I think that the issues that have been raised in this book are unfortunately all-too-real and I find it weary some that there seem to be more excuses than action to end these types of scenarios. Thank you for your posting Kirsten.

Hi GiGi,

I didn't say that Elizabeth was overwhelmed. All I was trying to say was that Elizabeth was unable to deal with that fact that Gideon was being abused and this abuse had taken place right under her nose. Is there any excuse for it? Of course not. I wasn't trying to justify Elizabeth's actions at all. She'd rather see her son continue to be abused by a therapist she's welcomed into her home than admit that things in her life are much less than perfect. It's disturbing.

Didn't Anne metioned something about 'all the s*xtoys he loved to use'???

Gideon and his "thousand ways" to make a woman come. Hands, mouth, toys, and very occasionally his tool (that four-letter word should get by the naughty filter.) Eva found a draw containing toys that one and only time she was in his hotel room.

My theory about the reason he didn't often engage in intercourse is he didn't want to feel compelled to have to come. His abuser forced him to do so every time as part of the mental/emotional manipulation. Fast forward to him as an adult desperately needing control: he controlled every aspect of sex, including whether or not there would be penetration and whether or not he would come with whatever one-night-stand he had with him in the hotel room. For example, he did have intercourse with Deanna but he took a phone call before he was through and then told her to leave instead of finishing.

Something else that struck me was how before Eva entered his life, he relieved the pressure of his high libido by stroking off in the shower. The symbolism of the water washing him clean. He once told Eva that after he'd been with Anne he would shower but couldn't feel clean no matter how long he stood under the water.

It was doubtless this anger that rose in him when he was with Anne due to her likeness to Hugh, which led him to be 'particularly depraved' with her and from the fact she came back for more and he allowed her to (because he felt he was punishing Hugh as well as Terence Lucas) she must have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. And I bet she hasn't found anyone quite as good at what he did to her to take his place which could be one of the reasons she is after him.

Noting he was 'particularly depraved' with Anne could mean there was some depravity with others, after all his early s*xual encounters were all forced on him, possibly the vanilla s*x we assume he had with Corrine was not enough for him, whereas with Eva he realised that it was and although he would like to have a little of the kink, he's actually quite happy with vanilla.

I think the sex with Corrine started out vanilla, but it's my theory that he started getting kinky after they got engaged. He felt panicked the whole year of the engagement. I can see him feeling like his rigid in-control started spinning out of control when she essentially backed him into an emotional corner. He responded by acting out in bed. I think it was that realization their sex life was not normal that was the real reason she broke off the engagement. Maybe even he unconsciously figured out scaring her was working. He was relieved she ended things.

This makes me wonder about the tell-all book, what will be in there about him sexually if she does publish it. Gideon's worried Eva is going to react to it the same way he reacted to the sex tape. So this makes me wonder what sexual secrets might be there. He's also figured out Corrine is no longer the woman he knew years ago. That she's willing to give up her privacy and violate his shows she's continuing to act crazy. How's this for a theory: She thinks his relationship with Eva is all about fighting and f...... The only hold Eva has on him is sexual because she's willing to do what he wants in bed. So Corrine has this crazy idea about reminding him their old relationship was all about comfort with hot f...... too. She is now willing to give him whatever he wants in bed so long as she can have him. So the book serves two purposes: driving Eva away in jealous rage and reminding Gideon the way he was with her in bed years ago.

Who knows whether I'm right or it's a crazy guess. We'll see when the last Crossfire book comes out: does she go through with the tell-all and if so what is in there. Or at least we readers get a look into Gideon's memories of Corrine in the hotel room like we did get a look into some of his memories of Anne in the hotel room.

I think the sex with Corrine started out vanilla, but it's my theory that he started getting kinky after they got engaged. He felt panicked the whole year of the engagement. I can see him feeling like his rigid in-control started spinning out of control when she essentially backed him into an emotional corner. He responded by acting out in bed. I think it was that realization their sex life was not normal that was the real reason she broke off the engagement. Maybe even he unconsciously figured out scaring her was working. He was relieved she ended things.

This makes me wonder about the tell-all book, what will be in there about him sexually if she does publish it. Gideon's worried Eva is going to react to it the same way he reacted to the sex tape. So this makes me wonder what sexual secrets might be there. He's also figured out Corrine is no longer the woman he knew years ago. That she's willing to give up her privacy and violate his shows she's continuing to act crazy. How's this for a theory: She thinks his relationship with Eva is all about fighting and f...... The only hold Eva has on him is sexual because she's willing to do what he wants in bed. So Corrine has this crazy idea about reminding him their old relationship was all about comfort with hot f...... too. She is now willing to give him whatever he wants in bed so long as she can have him. So the book serves two purposes: driving Eva away in jealous rage and reminding Gideon the way he was with her in bed years ago.

Who knows whether I'm right or it's a crazy guess. We'll see when the last Crossfire book comes out: does she go through with the tell-all and if so what is in there. Or at least we readers get a look into Gideon's memories of Corrine in the hotel room like we did get a look into some of his memories of Anne in the hotel room.

I dont think Gideon  got kinky with Corrine and as Gideon said he got panicked when they got engage because marrying Corrine is not an option  . He cant tell his secret, she broke the engagement thinking Gideon would finally come to his senses and actually marry her . I think GIdeon treated Corrine smooth and slow, He seems to have used his toys to his one night stand . But Corrine said he was possessive and it scared her. So what does it mean? if im going to be honest I would like to know what is the book . I want to know the young Gideon . I believe it would not be degrading because even if Corinne was  hurt  and crazy I dont think  she would intentionally hurt Gideon that way. all she want was to proved to him that he did  love her after all. I think it was Elizabeth and Corrine  who is tag team. How did Corrine knew about elizabeth ring given to eva.

I dont think Gideon  got kinky with Corrine and as Gideon said he got panicked when they got engage because marrying Corrine is not an option  . He cant tell his secret, she broke the engagement thinking Gideon would finally come to his senses and actually marry her . I think GIdeon treated Corrine smooth and slow, He seems to have used his toys to his one night stand . But Corrine said he was possessive and it scared her. So what does it mean? if im going to be honest I would like to know what is the book . I want to know the young Gideon . I believe it would not be degrading because even if Corinne was  hurt  and crazy I dont think  she would intentionally hurt Gideon that way. all she want was to proved to him that he did  love her after all. I think it was Elizabeth and Corrine  who is tag team. How did Corrine knew about elizabeth ring given to eva.

You could be right the kink came after she left him. I think it came near the end of the engagement and that is what scared her. Hopefully we'll both find out more in the final book.

Keep in mind the person she said the things about "possessive" and "scared" to was Eva the first time they met and she was subtly manipulating Eva by twisting things around. Like saying she and Gideon spoke on the phone nearly every day when that no longer was true and had not been true for weeks, since he met Eva. She tried to hide the fact the fact they used to be engaged: Magdalene made sure that came out. She acted like she had no clue he had someone with him the night he bailed out of the advocacy center dinner to rush off to take her phone call for help from France. She knew Eva has a bad jealousy problem and so she was feeding her half-truths and was lying by omission. Same deal as when they had their argument weeks later when Eva went to her apartment. But that first time they met, Corrine acted nervous too, and I think she let some things slip. Like the "scared"

P.S. Agree with you Corrine and Elizabeth are a tag team. Which proves just how little his mother and his ex really know about him.

I think she is capable of deliberately hurting him, because she's crazy and it is possible Anne is feeding the crazy, so she is now capable of anything. Proof: the suicide attempt, which hurt him terribly. I feel she is still off the deep end. Yet how is she out of the hospital so soon? Maybe her doctor signed her out? 

My own suspicion over the anger is in a post I made a few days ago, along the lines of it could be learned behaviour. Hugh taught Gideon to control his anger via mas*****tion and Hugh then went on to penetrate Gideon, possibly violently (in his nightmares he is writhing in agony. I guess he now relates very rough s*s to his anger and uses that to dissipate the anger. In the elevator scene he knows he should stay away from Eva but she taunts him with the red teddy. I took his actions then to be tying her up to stop her from taunting him further, then going off to shower and drink lots of water to cool down some of the raging 'ardour' he was now feeling and the water would possibly be to try and dilute the alcohol already in his blood stream. He also needed Eva to be more relaxed hence giving her a small glass of spirits.It was doubtless this anger that rose in him when he was with Anne due to her likeness to Hugh, which led him to be 'particularly depraved' with her and from the fact she came back for more and he allowed her to (because he felt he was punishing Hugh as well as Terence Lucas) she must have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. And I bet she hasn't found anyone quite as good at what he did to her to take his place which could be one of the reasons she is after him.Noting he was 'particularly depraved' with Anne could mean there was some depravity with others, after all his early s*xual encounters were all forced on him, possibly the vanilla s*x we assume he had with Corrine was not enough for him, whereas with Eva he realised that it was and although he would like to have a little of the kink, he's actually quite happy with vanilla.

I also think in the elevator he was confused and thats why he needed to settle... He normally associates taking out his anger on brunette women that he doesnt care about but this nite he would be taking out his anger on the woman he loves more than life and she happens to be blonde so it must have been really messing with his head...

My own suspicion over the anger is in a post I made a few days ago, along the lines of it could be learned behaviour. Hugh taught Gideon to control his anger via mas*****tion and Hugh then went on to penetrate Gideon, possibly violently (in his nightmares he is writhing in agony. I guess he now relates very rough s*s to his anger and uses that to dissipate the anger. In the elevator scene he knows he should stay away from Eva but she taunts him with the red teddy. I took his actions then to be tying her up to stop her from taunting him further, then going off to shower and drink lots of water to cool down some of the raging 'ardour' he was now feeling and the water would possibly be to try and dilute the alcohol already in his blood stream. He also needed Eva to be more relaxed hence giving her a small glass of spirits.It was doubtless this anger that rose in him when he was with Anne due to her likeness to Hugh, which led him to be 'particularly depraved' with her and from the fact she came back for more and he allowed her to (because he felt he was punishing Hugh as well as Terence Lucas) she must have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. And I bet she hasn't found anyone quite as good at what he did to her to take his place which could be one of the reasons she is after him.Noting he was 'particularly depraved' with Anne could mean there was some depravity with others, after all his early s*xual encounters were all forced on him, possibly the vanilla s*x we assume he had with Corrine was not enough for him, whereas with Eva he realised that it was and although he would like to have a little of the kink, he's actually quite happy with vanilla.

Gideon is happy with the vanilla because for the first time in his life he is happy and it shows to everyone who sees him... He is definitely wearing his heart on his sleeve as Arnoldo pointed out... He finally has a deep, passionate emotional connection with a woman he is fuc$ing and it is the greatest sexual experience of his life...ENUF SAID...I agree with you that Corinne thinks that all Gideva have is the fuc$ing and no substance that is why she thinks she still has a chance with him...If she only knew...It is a good theory that maybe Gideon wanted more kink and Corinne didnt want to participate but hopefully we will get to the bottom of it in OWY.

As for Corinne's possessive comment at the gala; I always though she was lying/exaggerating then and I still do.

I think February is possible if the book as Sylvia said is already written and edited. I also think there has been some talk by indie authors about capitalizing on the FSOG release and maybe having more readers interested in the genre. The sooner the better on one hand, but then that will end their story and I'll miss them.

Hi Sscrph,

My theory is also based on taught behaviour. Like I've mentioned before, I believe that Gideon never learned how to handle his emotions. So many feeling is put in the "angry" box. Hugh showed him how to manage negative emotions while abusing him, and that is why he has trouble to handle it otherwise/ without the aggressive s*x. He might not know any other way (without being physical violent), because there weren't anbody around to show him. I think that the more he get pushed to his limits, the bigger possibility for him to loose control. Eva is da*n good at pushing him to the breaking point, but fortunately with love and caring instead of hate &anger. So when he gets upset his body responds automatically in the only way he knows how to cope with. for instance every time he's reminded that he can not control Eva (presumably a stress faktor), or when he is in situations which reminds him of the abuse. By acting out the way he was taught he will find some security and gain control.

An example from'real life' is that Sadly some victims of abuse turn into predators as adults. Their intention isn't necessarily to harm, because they can remember how it was like for them when they were a victim. But the closeness they got, is what they miss, and they never learned how to get it without assaulting someone. This is of course no excuse for their behaviour, but an attempt to explain (which is far more easy in my own language lol) What we learned growing up is such a huge part of us, and it is so hard to get rid of or change our bad patterns.

I realize that I have advocated for waiting to hear about Elizabeth Vidal's past, but the more that woman opens her mouth, the less I like her even more!

I just wanted to add that yes, I know this story is fictional.  I think that the issues that have been raised in this book are unfortunately all-too-real and I find it weary some that there seem to be more excuses than action to end these types of scenarios.

You spoke my mind. I just want Elizabeth to vanish. I don't think Gideon will be able to forgive her, and she certainly doesn't deserve it. I'm putting her on the Krav Maga list!!

I agree with you, it's fictional, but still a reality for so many people. Sylvia has absolutely not overdone the plot..... Maybe that's why we get so dedicated to the story.

I think February is possible if the book as Sylvia said is already written and edited. I also think there has been some talk by indie authors about capitalizing on the FSOG release and maybe having more readers interested in the genre. The sooner the better on one hand, but then that will end their story and I'll miss them.

I don't want it to end either :'(

I hope we'll be satisfied with the answers in OWY or this "break-up" is going to be so hard. I can feel the grieve just thinking about the end....

I enjoyed FSOG, but Crossfire is far more better, without a doubt. If I could have decided there would be 6-8 books in this series. Then we have followed GidEva for a year. Keeping my fingers crossed so that I can see Crossfire on TV one day, that it will be send internationally.