* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

G and se*---I think he was so angry with Lizzie that he chose women who looked like her and did all kinds of kinky stuff to them.  Hence all the se* toys Eva found in the f*ck pad.  It was never about getting off for him.  He did that for himself in the shower cause he saw it as dirty.  We all know why.  I can see him accepting oral se*, which I am certain he did, but I absolutely do not think he did a whole lot of giving in that department.  That's pretty intimate and he was not about intimacy at all.  It was about rough and punishment.  I think this all started after he broke up with Corrine.  I agree their life was pretty vanilla.  It was a relationship.  He didn't ever envision another relationship after her.  So, into the kink.  As for the book, I do not think Corrine has any kinky stuff that she would talk about.  She wants G back.. That sure would never happen if he was totally embarrassed by that book.  The purpose, according to her, was to get Eva out of G's life by reminding him about how great and calm and easy their life was together and contrast it with how chaotic G and E's life is now.

Release date--I am never going to speculate.  I was so sure CBY was going to be out by the summer and we see how wrong I was.  This time, I have no clue.  Timing it with the FSOG movie?  Not a bad idea since Sylvia is often said to be the next most popular author after EL James.  I just want it.  Now.  

I don't see LIzzie as a threat at all.  I hope that the theories about Graves are true cause I like her and I want to continue to like her.  It would be interesting if she and Eva shared the abuse survival.  Invited to the wedding has always surprised me.  Why would she be?  That sentence made me suspect of her.  It would be cool if these 2 became friends.  There is enough reasonable doubt with Nathan that I find it impossible for G to be indicted let alone convicted of anything unless Nathan had a camera in his room which I doubt.  Graves being an abuse surviver makes a whole lot of sense.  I hope that is the way it will go.

Deanna is sleezy.  I was so surprised in AFTERSHOCK when she was not like she was in Crossfire.  I want her handled and end of.

As for the redheads--could it be that Hugh was a red head?  I cannot remember.  

Chris Jr being a voyeur? He is so creepy on so many levels that it wouldn't surprise me.  I.do.not.like,or trust. him at all.

I still think Anne is the scariest person in this whole mess.

Here is something else that I wonder about.  Sylvia never said that the TV thing was on hold in the interview we saw.  It sounded to me like it was being worked on.  God, I hope so.  Anyone else?  She still mentioned Henry and Scarlett.  I think the chances of Henry are slim to none.  That man is busy.  He will always be G to me.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is something else that I wonder about. Sylvia never said that the TV thing was on hold in the interview we saw. It sounded to me like it was being worked on. God, I hope so. Anyone else? She still mentioned Henry and Scarlett. I think the chances of Henry are slim to none. That man is busy. He will always be G to me.

I'm afraid you're right about Cavill. I read that he's in the middle of Supermann vs Batman, estimated to be finished spring 2016. He's JUST as I pictured Gideon to be, with his intense blue eyes and huge HOT superman body *yummy*

G and se*---I think he was so angry with Lizzie that he chose women who looked like her and did all kinds of kinky stuff to them.  Hence all the se* toys Eva found in the f*ck pad.  It was never about getting off for him.  He did that for himself in the shower cause he saw it as dirty.  We all know why.  I can see him accepting oral se*, which I am certain he did, but I absolutely do not think he did a whole lot of giving in that department.  That's pretty intimate and he was not about intimacy at all.  It was about rough and punishment.  I think this all started after he broke up with Corrine.  I agree their life was pretty vanilla.  It was a relationship.  He didn't ever envision another relationship after her.  So, into the kink.  As for the book, I do not think Corrine has any kinky stuff that she would talk about.  She wants G back.. That sure would never happen if he was totally embarrassed by that book.  The purpose, according to her, was to get Eva out of G's life by reminding him about how great and calm and easy their life was together and contrast it with how chaotic G and E's life is now.

Release date--I am never going to speculate.  I was so sure CBY was going to be out by the summer and we see how wrong I was.  This time, I have no clue.  Timing it with the FSOG movie?  Not a bad idea since Sylvia is often said to be the next most popular author after EL James.  I just want it.  Now.  

I don't see LIzzie as a threat at all.  I hope that the theories about Graves are true cause I like her and I want to continue to like her.  It would be interesting if she and Eva shared the abuse survival.  Invited to the wedding has always surprised me.  Why would she be?  That sentence made me suspect of her.  It would be cool if these 2 became friends.  There is enough reasonable doubt with Nathan that I find it impossible for G to be indicted let alone convicted of anything unless Nathan had a camera in his room which I doubt.  Graves being an abuse surviver makes a whole lot of sense.  I hope that is the way it will go.

Deanna is sleezy.  I was so surprised in AFTERSHOCK when she was not like she was in Crossfire.  I want her handled and end of.

Chris Jr being a voyeur? He is so creepy on so many levels that it wouldn't surprise me.  I.do.not.like,or trust. him at all.

Here is something else that I wonder about.  Sylvia never said that the TV thing was on hold in the interview we saw.  It sounded to me like it was being worked on.  God, I hope so.  Anyone else?  She still mentioned Henry and Scarlett.  I think the chances of Henry are slim to none.  That man is busy.  He will always be G to me.

The main reason that Gideon and Eva's life is so chaotic is mainly because former sexual partners " i wont call them lovers" can not get on board and realize that Gideva are off the market...permanently. These people are so delusional that they concoct these schemes to extract revenge or simply want to hurt Gideva. Even Eva in Chapter 18 comments that this is not usual for an "engaged" couple. Usually people offer their best wishes or say nothing at all if they are not happy. The people in Gideva's life are over the top. Corinne did not have a REAL relationship with Gideon that is why it was calm. There was no emotion or passion. She could have had that with Giroux but she chose to ruin that all on her own. It was not in any way Gideon's fault. He fell in love with another woman . Corinne was married and had no business messing with Eva's man. Her story is old news now: SHE NEEDS TO GO!!

I also think in the elevator he was confused and thats why he needed to settle... He normally associates taking out his anger on brunette women that he doesnt care about but this nite he would be taking out his anger on the woman he loves more than life and she happens to be blonde so it must have been really messing with his head...

You got to keep in mind that when talking to Dr Peterson, Gideon has put it out that he is ALWAYS VERY AWARE of Eva's triggers and is respectful of not trampling on them....  That said, when he tied her in the elevator, he was at least partially drunk and concerned about her triggers so he had to move away for a while, settle down and think this through (STAY IN CONTROL).  I think with this in mind, the elevator and how he handled his anger make a lot more sense.

I think February is possible if the book as Sylvia said is already written and edited. I also think there has been some talk by indie authors about capitalizing on the FSOG release and maybe having more readers interested in the genre. The sooner the better on one hand, but then that will end their story and I'll miss them.

they said the 5th book would be released not far from  book 4. I would think 3 months should be  ok specially when most readers complained about book  4 very late release not that it affect book  4 sales. i dont one it to be finished as well.. it would be sad

3 months from book 4, will be around the premiere of FSOG. When is the premiere in US/UK? In Norway it's set to 13 th of Feburary.

Ambivalence is challenging, want the book badly, but not the end of the series.

Ours is Feb. 13th too. And I agree completely. It'll be bittersweet when the release date is out for OWY.

I don't want it to end either :'(

I hope we'll be satisfied with the answers in OWY or this "break-up" is going to be so hard. I can feel the grieve just thinking about the end....

I enjoyed FSOG, but Crossfire is far more better, without a doubt. If I could have decided there would be 6-8 books in this series. Then we have followed GidEva for a year. Keeping my fingers crossed so that I can see Crossfire on TV one day, that it will be send internationally.

Before CBY I wanted the Gid/Eva story to last longer but there is too many months between books.  If Sylvia or her publisher would give use two GidEva books a year I can see how she can make this into a longer series.  However, at this point, I just want the last book to have all the questions posed throughout the books thus far answered.  I'm nervous that isn't going to happen so I have resigned myself to a decent HEA.   wedding-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

I guess I read that statement differently from many of you.  I thought Graves was being sarcastic and didn't expect an invite at all.  She isn't a friend or business associate with either the bride or the groom.  I don't see Graves and Eva becoming friends.  Graves would be a constrant reminder of Nathan and Gideon is having enough problems dealing with killing a man.

I don't think the TV series is on hold.  It sounds like they are in the planning stages to me.

Hi GiGi,

I didn't say that Elizabeth was overwhelmed. All I was trying to say was that Elizabeth was unable to deal with that fact that Gideon was being abused and this abuse had taken place right under her nose. Is there any excuse for it? Of course not. I wasn't trying to justify Elizabeth's actions at all. She'd rather see her son continue to be abused by a therapist she's welcomed into her home than admit that things in her life are much less than perfect. It's disturbing.

Hi Kirsten,

Let me begin this posting by apologizing about the way I phrased my posting.  I did not mean to imply that you were in some way or in any trying to justify Elizabeth Vidal's actions.  You were simply relaying information that you were kind enough to share from another source.

What I was reacting to was Elizabeth Vidal's ongoing denials and justifications about her actions.  We as the readers have been given very little about what Elizabeth Vidal's life was prior to her husband's death and all we have had the opportunity to see is how she reacted when she was confronted with the fact that her child was being abused (which was beyond disgusting...enough said).

After reading about Gideon's account of his abuse I was horrified.  It also solidified my opinion of what kind of person/mother Elizabeth Vidal is.  I had a visceral reaction.  It is the mark of a truly great writer is someone who can evoke strong emotions with the swipe of a pen.  Sylvia did a brilliant job of and is to be commended in my books.  I am sorry that you got caught in the Crossfire (no pun intended).

Hi Kirsten,

Let me begin this posting by apologizing about the way I phrased my posting.  I did not mean to imply that you were in some way or in any trying to justify Elizabeth Vidal's actions.  You were simply relaying information that you were kind enough to share from another source.

What I was reacting to was Elizabeth Vidal's ongoing denials and justifications about her actions.  We as the readers have been given very little about what Elizabeth Vidal's life was prior to her husband's death and all we have had the opportunity to see is how she reacted when she was confronted with the fact that her child was being abused (which was beyond disgusting...enough said).

After reading about Gideon's account of his abuse I was horrified.  It also solidified my opinion of what kind of person/mother Elizabeth Vidal is.  I had a visceral reaction.  It is the mark of a truly great writer is someone who can evoke strong emotions with the swipe of a pen.  Sylvia did a brilliant job of and is to be commended in my books.  I am sorry that you got caught in the Crossfire (no pun intended).

You are certainly right about Sylvia's writing Gigi; the passage where we hear for the first time the details of Gideon's abuse in the bathroom is riveting. Even though you dont want to read anymore the reader is compelled to do so to seek resolution. Gideon's description of his dream to Eva in the last chapter of the book is also very poignant... Sylvia has certainly captivated her readers as she tells Gideon's story.

Before CBY I wanted the Gid/Eva story to last longer but there is too many months between books.  If Sylvia or her publisher would give use two GidEva books a year I can see how she can make this into a longer series.  However, at this point, I just want the last book to have all the questions posed throughout the books thus far answered.  I'm nervous that isn't going to happen so I have resigned myself to a decent HEA.   wedding-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hi Sharon,

I don't think that Sylvia will let us down. After all the heated debates and hair pulling, I can't see her letting down her readers.  If any two people deserve a happily ever after, it is certainly these two people.  Don't loose heart, Christmas and the New Year is on its way, and hopefully a HEA! :)

Hi Sharon,

I don't think that Sylvia will let us down. After all the heated debates and hair pulling, I can't see her letting down her readers. If any two people deserve a happily ever after, it is certainly these two people. Don't loose heart, Christmas and the New Year is on its way, and hopefully a HEA! :)

I hope you are right, there must be a happy ending! Sylvia writing skills are amazing, I've never been so caught up in any books before. I have certainly not even considered to join any forums to discuss the books afterwards. And I've never felt such empty feeling every time I've finished a book (and felt it for days) and just longing to read more. She deserves to be at the top of the saleslist *welldone*

I would't mind that the last book would be all Gideons POV, those were my favorite chapters in CBY.

I hope you are right, there must be a happy ending! Sylvia writing skills are amazing, I've never been so caught up in any books before. I have certainly not even considered to join any forums to discuss the books afterwards. And I've never felt such empty feeling every time I've finished a book (and felt it for days) and just longing to read more. She deserves to be at the top of the saleslist *welldone*

I would't mind that the last book would be all Gideons POV, those were my favorite chapters in CBY.

Gigi & Ann

I didn't mean to imply that we wouldn't get an HEA.  Sylvia said in a couple interviews that this is the journey to their happily ever after.  I just don't know how all the things I want to know are going to be included. 

sharon

Possibly reworking other comments here - apologies, but there are a lot.

*I love the last chapter of CBY. There is so much hope moving forward. Gideon is reaching out to Eva about issues he has hitherto kept bottled up. And they are declaring their love simply and without sex. Eva is finding her space with respect to working for Cross Industries - she shows great strength of character and ethos in declaring to Mark she will not work on the PhazeOne campaign. So I envisage great companionship and mutual and respective goals from Gideon and Eva in Book Five.

* I doubt the next book will be released anywhere near Valentine's Day because of the marketing for Fifty Shades Movie.

* I am disappointed that Cary has not made more progress with his love triangle. He went to see Dr Travis but we don't see that Cary made any resolutions. He is drifting - helping Tatiana out because she is needy, but not showing clear resolve or commitment towards Trey. Cary is more than happy to accept "charity" from Eva, Stanton, and Gideon. He is working as a model which I guess reflects his focus on image. Look at his personal life and the image is pretty ****ed up. Perhaps he will end up working for Crossroads and making worthwhile contributions to people's lives and that will stimulate change.

* I think the Brett dilemma is over. He is keen to change the Golden video clip (Gideon worries this shows his true feelings for Eva)

*Anne Lucas, Corinne, and maybe Deanna are threats moving forward. I bit like the ex-wives club revenge!

*I think Book 5 will focus on the Landon/Cross animosity and Gideon and Eva will tackle it together with positive resolution.

Possibly reworking other comments here - apologies, but there are a lot.

*I love the last chapter of CBY. There is so much hope moving forward. Gideon is reaching out to Eva about issues he has hitherto kept bottled up. And they are declaring their love simply and without sex. Eva is finding her space with respect to working for Cross Industries - she shows great strength of character and ethos in declaring to Mark she will not work on the PhazeOne campaign. So I envisage great companionship and mutual and respective goals from Gideon and Eva in Book Five.

* I doubt the next book will be released anywhere near Valentine's Day because of the marketing for Fifty Shades Movie.

* I am disappointed that Cary has not made more progress with his love triangle. He went to see Dr Travis but we don't see that Cary made any resolutions. He is drifting - helping Tatiana out because she is needy, but not showing clear resolve or commitment towards Trey. Cary is more than happy to accept "charity" from Eva, Stanton, and Gideon. He is working as a model which I guess reflects his focus on image. Look at his personal life and the image is pretty ****ed up. Perhaps he will end up working for Crossroads and making worthwhile contributions to people's lives and that will stimulate change.

* I think the Brett dilemma is over. He is keen to change the Golden video clip (Gideon worries this shows his true feelings for Eva)

*Anne Lucas, Corinne, and maybe Deanna are threats moving forward. I bit like the ex-wives club revenge!

*I think Book 5 will focus on the Landon/Cross animosity and Gideon and Eva will tackle it together with positive resolution.

Hi Georgette I enjoyed your comments; I too would like to see Cary move forward independently it would be the best thing for him. I really cant see Trey giving Cary the answer he wants to hear. Trey is right when he says he wants someone moving forward who will help him build his practice in the future and thus far Cary has always been juggling Tatiana and Trey and more so now because of the possible baby situation. It would be great to see Cary moving forward on his own independently of a relationship. I think working with Crossroads in the future would be just what he needs and this would give him his orivate time with Eva instead of living next door to each other. I just cant get on board with that living situation...

Hi Kirsten,

Let me begin this posting by apologizing about the way I phrased my posting. I did not mean to imply that you were in some way or in any trying to justify Elizabeth Vidal's actions. You were simply relaying information that you were kind enough to share from another source.

What I was reacting to was Elizabeth Vidal's ongoing denials and justifications about her actions. We as the readers have been given very little about what Elizabeth Vidal's life was prior to her husband's death and all we have had the opportunity to see is how she reacted when she was confronted with the fact that her child was being abused (which was beyond disgusting...enough said).

After reading about Gideon's account of his abuse I was horrified. It also solidified my opinion of what kind of person/mother Elizabeth Vidal is. I had a visceral reaction. It is the mark of a truly great writer is someone who can evoke strong emotions with the swipe of a pen. Sylvia did a brilliant job of and is to be commended in my books. I am sorry that you got caught in the Crossfire (no pun intended).

Hi GiGi,

Totally agree with you regarding Elizabeth. I'm hoping we get a clearer picture if her in OWY, but I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive the horrible way she's gone about dealing with Gideon and his abuse. The fact that she still has not apologized for not believing him has me so 😡. I have to give Gideon credit for even speaking to her at this point.

I also have to agree with you regarding Sylvia having us so invested in these characters. It speaks volumes about her writing ability.

I was looking at when she announced CBY release date.  She revealed the cover and announced on Sept 6th that it would release on Nov 18th. That is about 10 weeks time.  So if we are hoping for a release date around Valentines Day she better hurry up and do a cover reveal and announce a date ;)

Sscrph, I can't get on board with Cary's living arrangements either.

Hi Georgette, the fact is I dont think Cary is really happy about it either and thats just going to make things worse. I think he should just get a smaller apartment in the current building or somewhere else of HIS choice. He will receive a salary from Eva as part of being spokesperson for her foundation and that will be the financial stability he needs to get out on his own and stay there in addition to his current modeling career. Also Eva said he could always be a personal stylist with his talent. This would be a great way for him to go also because there are many opportunities in NYC for that type of career especially with Monica Stanton's connections...But it is also Eva's fault because I think that he thinks that Eva wants him nearby...

I was looking at when she announced CBY release date.  She revealed the cover and announced on Sept 6th that it would release on Nov 18th. That is about 10 weeks time.  So if we are hoping for a release date around Valentines Day she better hurry up and do a cover reveal and announce a date ;)

I agree with whoever said that February is out because there will be too much hoopla surrounding FSOG...

I think Cary and Eva came to NY together to support each other emotionally. This series doesn't cover a long span of time. Honestly, the way real estate is right now in that city, no one can live without a roommate unless they make a ton of money. Neither Eva or Cary could live alone without Stanton's help. Certainly not on the upper west side. (My brother lives right near where their apartment is supposed to be and a 2 bedroom rents for well over $7000 a month.). Cary living in the adjoining apartment isn't a problem for me. What is a problem is I see Cary sliding backwards emotionally. He needs a therapist in NY and fast.

I think Cary and Eva came to NY together to support each other emotionally. This series doesn't cover a long span of time. Honestly, the way real estate is right now in that city, no one can live without a roommate unless they make a ton of money. Neither Eva or Cary could live alone without Stanton's help. Certainly not on the upper west side. (My brother lives right near where their apartment is supposed to be and a 2 bedroom rents for well over $7000 a month.). Cary living in the adjoining apartment isn't a problem for me. What is a problem is I see Cary sliding backwards emotionally. He needs a therapist in NY and fast.

Let's just hope Anne Lucas doesnt become his therapist. :(. :(

I remember reading somewhere this summer or early fall that the plan was to release books 4 and 5 within around six months of one another -- and that she has already delivered the final manuscripts for both to her publisher. If that is still the plan, then it's possible One With You would come out in the late spring in order to be on the best-seller lists for summer reading. I'd be psyched if we got it earlier than that, but I'll wait for however long it takes.

It's important to remember that Sylvia herself does NOT control release dates. It's the publisher, and ONLY the publisher, who controls that. She used to remind her fans about this again and again on social media, especially her Facebook page. Still, she faced some awful and unfair backlash by people who just didn't get it, who were blaming her that the book wasn't out yet, and who were swearing they were going to give up on the series. Fortunately, other fans who understood the publisher made the rules kept jumping to her defense and continued to profess loyalty, and at times told off the people giving her a hard time.

I'm sure that just like with Captivated By You, the instant she gets the firm date from her publisher about One With You, she will announce it to the fandom.