* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

I agree with whoever said that February is out because there will be too much hoopla surrounding FSOG...

The film likely will rocket the FSOG books back up onto top positions on the best-seller lists. Would Sylvia's publisher want to ride the wave of interest in erotic fiction or shy away from going head-to-head competing for new readers of FSOG? Hard to say. The marketing executives at her publisher have the final say on what happens. I'm just thrilled that as-of this week, Captivated By You is number one on the New York Times best seller list for paperback and for combined e-book/paperback sales. Yes!

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a new question that I hope will stimulate some discussion LOL ....

Eva thinks Gideon has used the sex swing before since he seemed so familiar with the harnesses....

What does everyone think about this and who do you think he may have used it with??

If he did use one it would have been at the hotel because before Eva that is the only place he had sex with women. Maybe he had a separate room for it? Had it built years ago when he sank tons of money into refurbishing the property. Arash complained about the fact he was just breaking even after all that investment when he decided to sell the property. He didn't use one with Deanna. In Ch. 7 of ETW Deanna complained to Eva about how he treated her during their one-night-stand. About how he took a phone call before he was done, looked at her just laying there waiting for him, and told her she could leave. I can't see him using it with Anne because with her he was depraved and for him the swing was a positive fantasy not darkness. I think Corrine is out too. He didn't own the hotel way back then.

Eva thinks Gideon has used the sex swing before since he seemed so familiar with the harnesses....

What does everyone think about this and who do you think he may have used it with??

I dont think he has done it before .. was it in EWY where they talking about fantasies and Gideon mentioned the sex swing and Eva asked  if he has done it before .. Gideon replied (not exact word) she shouldn't be asking questioned like that .

I dont think he has done it before .. was it in EWY where they talking about fantasies and Gideon mentioned the sex swing and Eva asked  if he has done it before .. Gideon replied (not exact word) she shouldn't be asking questioned like that .

Perhaps he didn't want to answer yes ;) haha

I am not sure if Cary will manage so well on his own. I agree that he absolutely should have a place of his own, and possibly further away from G & E. I don't think he will get his independence living right next door. Besides Eva needs space too, so that she won't run to Cary (away from Gideon) every other fight they have. In this short amount of time when Eva has been focusing on G and their relationship, it's been going downhill with Cary (f.ex the cutting), so I'm afraid that he's not ready to be on his own.... Not that he is Eva and Gideons responsibility. I also agree that he needs a therapist real fast, and it would be a total disaster if that therapist were Anne....

Sscrph, I can't get on board with Cary's living arrangements either.

I'm not sure why Cary's living arrangement is a problem.  He moved from California to New York for Eva and they are trying to start new careers.  It would be totally inconsiderate of Eva to leave Cary stranded at this point. 

Cary is just starting out in the modeling business and only has one major campaign so he isn't making a lot of money.  Gideon is offering him an apartment.  He isn't actually living with them.  They can both come and go as they please but they can also visit and support each other if necessary.  There is no way Cary or even Cary and Eva together, can afford an apartment in the building that Stanton is paying for.  Eva said they would have to move out of Manhattan if they didn't have Stanton footing the bill.

I remember reading somewhere this summer or early fall that the plan was to release books 4 and 5 within around six months of one another -- and that she has already delivered the final manuscripts for both to her publisher. If that is still the plan, then it's possible One With You would come out in the late spring in order to be on the best-seller lists for summer reading. I'd be psyched if we got it earlier than that, but I'll wait for however long it takes.

It's important to remember that Sylvia herself does NOT control release dates. It's the publisher, and ONLY the publisher, who controls that. She used to remind her fans about this again and again on social media, especially her Facebook page. Still, she faced some awful and unfair backlash by people who just didn't get it, who were blaming her that the book wasn't out yet, and who were swearing they were going to give up on the series. Fortunately, other fans who understood the publisher made the rules kept jumping to her defense and continued to profess loyalty, and at times told off the people giving her a hard time.

I'm sure that just like with Captivated By You, the instant she gets the firm date from her publisher about One With You, she will announce it to the fandom.

I don't think anyone in this group questions whether Sylvia has control over release dates.  However, she is a major author and many authors with her clout have release schedules that can go out many months up to a full year.  I think that is the frustration that some people feel because she and/or her publisher are so secretive with the information about her books. 

If he did use one it would have been at the hotel because before Eva that is the only place he had sex with women. Maybe he had a separate room for it? Had it built years ago when he sank tons of money into refurbishing the property. Arash complained about the fact he was just breaking even after all that investment when he decided to sell the property. He didn't use one with Deanna. In Ch. 7 of ETW Deanna complained to Eva about how he treated her during their one-night-stand. About how he took a phone call before he was done, looked at her just laying there waiting for him, and told her she could leave. I can't see him using it with Anne because with her he was depraved and for him the swing was a positive fantasy not darkness. I think Corrine is out too. He didn't own the hotel way back then.

Maybe it was always just a long term fantasy, but one he had researched ready for when the right time came?

I'm not sure why Cary's living arrangement is a problem.  He moved from California to New York for Eva and they are trying to start new careers.  It would be totally inconsiderate of Eva to leave Cary stranded at this point. 

Cary is just starting out in the modeling business and only has one major campaign so he isn't making a lot of money.  Gideon is offering him an apartment.  He isn't actually living with them.  They can both come and go as they please but they can also visit and support each other if necessary.  There is no way Cary or even Cary and Eva together, can afford an apartment in the building that Stanton is paying for.  Eva said they would have to move out of Manhattan if they didn't have Stanton footing the bill.

Yep. Totally agree.

God forbid Anne was his therapist. Assuming that was sarcasm. Ugh.

I have no idea if G used a swing before. Fantasies are usually what you haven't done and want to do. For G, se* with Eva is a whole new experience since he loves her. I want to think he's being creative. I can envision using the swing for kinky stuff involving toys. Don't think intercourse was involved based on what G has said.

yes I think he has.....can't remember which book, but when he dodged Eva's question about him using one before made me think that he has.

When are we going to start out chapter discussion of CBY? It has been over 2 weeks, I think we have waited long enough and probably have reread it too often.. Anyway it would get out minds off of wanting the release date of OWY !!

yes I think he has.....can't remember which book, but when he dodged Eva's question about him using one before made me think that he has.When are we going to start out chapter discussion of CBY? It has been over 2 weeks, I think we have waited long enough and probably have reread it too often.. Anyway it would get out minds off of wanting the release date of OWY !!

Great the sooner the better!!

yes I think he has.....can't remember which book, but when he dodged Eva's question about him using one before made me think that he has.

When are we going to start out chapter discussion of CBY? It has been over 2 weeks, I think we have waited long enough and probably have reread it too often.. Anyway it would get out minds off of wanting the release date of OWY !!

I agree! I always thought Gideon dodging that question was basically him saying yes. If he hadn't used a swing before he wouldn't have felt the need to evade answering the question!!

Also totally agree that we should start the chapter discussion soon! This thread jumps about too much to really delve into the book!! I'll be all over that chapter discussion like Gideon on Eva lol 😳

I agree! I always thought Gideon dodging that question was basically him saying yes. If he hadn't used a swing before he wouldn't have felt the need to evade answering the question!!

Also totally agree that we should start the chapter discussion soon! This thread jumps about too much to really delve into the book!! I'll be all over that chapter discussion like Gideon on Eva lol

Ok jm hope start the thread...

Gigi & Ann

I didn't mean to imply that we wouldn't get an HEA.  Sylvia said in a couple interviews that this is the journey to their happily ever after.  I just don't know how all the things I want to know are going to be included. 

sharon

Hi Sharon,

I hope that you get all of your questions answered.  I hope we all get our questions answered before the end of the series.  If all of your questions don't happen to be answered within the pages of the last book, then I hope that Sylvia has question and answer session or some sort of epilogue when fan's questions can be answered.  :)

I think Cary and Eva came to NY together to support each other emotionally. This series doesn't cover a long span of time. Honestly, the way real estate is right now in that city, no one can live without a roommate unless they make a ton of money. Neither Eva or Cary could live alone without Stanton's help. Certainly not on the upper west side. (My brother lives right near where their apartment is supposed to be and a 2 bedroom rents for well over $7000 a month.). Cary living in the adjoining apartment isn't a problem for me. What is a problem is I see Cary sliding backwards emotionally. He needs a therapist in NY and fast.

Hi GLH,

You are right about the cost of rent NY City.  Let's hope Cary is able to find a really good therapist as well.  Quick question; in the US, does a person have to pay to see a psychiatrist or is it covered by health insurance?  A person in Canada would not have to pay to see a psychiatrist/a psychologist yes but not a psychiatrist.

Also totally agree that we should start the chapter discussion soon! This thread jumps about too much to really delve into the book!! I'll be all over that chapter discussion like Gideon on Eva lol

Hi Rogue & Ladies,

Has anyone ever noticed that when Gideon is asked questions, he is never forthcoming with his answers.  If Eva asks him questions, he usually evades or dodges answers until they wind up in some kind of heated discussion, which is then followed by some very heated passionate....love making. ;)

Hi Jmhope,

I am on board for whom ever would like to lead on the Chapter a Day Discussion.  If everyone is up for the discussion, I am too.

If you don't mind me asking, can someone please explain how these chapter discussions works? Is it one chapter a day or?

Hi Rogue & Ladies,

Has anyone ever noticed that when Gideon is asked questions, he is never forthcoming with his answers.  If Eva asks him questions, he usually evades or dodges answers until they wind up in some kind of heated discussion, which is then followed by some very heated passionate....love making. ;)

Yes I have noticed that too. I thought that it could be one of his control issues, "I say how-I say when", Gideons is not a man who will let you push him into a corner (understandable with his life experience in mind). He can answers questions, but on his own terms. Sometimes I think he dodges because he needs to buy time to answer, and esspesially in situations where he's in a protection modus.

I'm game to dive in to the chapter by chapter discussion. Idea, maybe start today with Chapter 1? Even though we all got that chapter before the book's various release dates around the world, there is stuff in there that makes sense when it ties into events that happen later. One more idea, maybe not confine ourselves to one chapter per day. Instead, someone starts with a particular chapter and we all hash out our various ideas. Then when someone feels ready, she starts the ball rolling on the next chapter.

So, in Chapter 1, anyone interested in talking about Elizabeth showing up unannounced first thing in the workday at Gideon's office instead of having the gumption to approach him the night before, as soon as she saw that ring on Eva's hand and/or right after the argument the two women had? Did Elizabeth wait because she was afraid of causing a scene? Was afraid of Eva? Of Gideon?

Hi GLH,

You are right about the cost of rent NY City.  Let's hope Cary is able to find a really good therapist as well.  Quick question; in the US, does a person have to pay to see a psychiatrist or is it covered by health insurance?  A person in Canada would not have to pay to see a psychiatrist/a psychologist yes but not a psychiatrist.

Hi Gigi--

To answer your question. In the United States there are options. Most psychiatrists do not take health insurance. There are some that do but most who are known to be at the top of their profession, do not. My husband goes to a top psychiatrist and he made it clear that he does not take insurance. The reason is that insurance companies pay very little to the doctors. Something like $50 an hour. Top psychiatrists charge at least $150-$400 an hour. My daughter is a licensed marriage and family therapist. She charges $80 an hour which is really not bad. Insurance companies only want to pay her $40 an hour. That is not worth her time.I hope this answers your question.