* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

Totally agree Michele I love to read about their daily lives because it makes them so much more real... I do have to say after I read the book the first time it certainly wasnt my favorite but now after rereading many times I realize it is very deep and it does require more than one read. I love Sylvia's writing of any scene ; sexual or otherwise but in this book Gideon describes being inside Eva as a surrender and a conquest... I think a line like that is what makes us come back to these books...Sylvia is an amazing writer!! Btw the This Man books are very good but also try the Fixed Trilogy by Laurelin Page it is an excellent read while you wait for Book 5...

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking up Fixed Trilogy for after This Man.  Sylvia once said her favorite book is The Fifth Favor.  I ordered it on Amazon because it can't be downloaded.  The author wrote another about a character in the book and it is good too, but the names escapes me.  Anyway, I have read the Fifth Favor several times.  It breaks your heart and also a great read.

Hi all...it's been a while for me too.

I thought this book was great, mainly because of Gideon's POV. But Eva just really annoyed me through out the whole book. She was great when she was standing up for Gideon and defending him, but she was always fighting with him. What was the point of the argument in the car after dropping Ireland off? Because he didn't tell her that he spoke to his mother? And the fight over the phone at work? All that arguing and she could've just told him the when he first answered what she needed. I agree that the timeline for them is short, but they know they belong together....so as Gideon asked ,'why delay the inevitable?'. Gideon shouldn't have offered Mark the job w/o discussing it with Eva first, but she shouldn't have left him w/ out any communication for 4 days and stay by her mother's no less! Very childish. She didn't mention the add campaign to Gideon, which she should have b/c she knew it would be  a problem. And then thinking about getting another job elsewhere out of spite? Gideon does SO MUCH for her! So much! Plus, don't get me started on Cary...

I liked the ending, that they were together...I wonder how the rest of the day is going to go. All of Gideon's crazy ex-whatevers - need to go someplace...fast...I mean, who has that much crazy in their lives?

I hope we get a lot of answers in book 5..yes...some were  answered here, but I think there could have been more.

P.S....just have to mention that I could not stand This Man series! I thought the female was just so irritating and immature...I could barely finish book 2. Just goes to show how people can have similar taste in one thing -The Crossfire Series- and not like other things.

I did just finish Sylvia's Pride and Pleasure last night...it was pretty good. Strong female and handsome male-of course :)

I'm looking up Fixed Trilogy for after This Man.  Sylvia once said her favorite book is The Fifth Favor.  I ordered it on Amazon because it can't be downloaded.  The author wrote another about a character in the book and it is good too, but the names escapes me.  Anyway, I have read the Fifth Favor several times.  It breaks your heart and also a great read.

Yes I have read that one too.

I  am  going to read the  book again  but never captivated me as  the other  3  books  had. But some points  posted her are  good so  I will take those into account  when reading again.

In my mind  I see the book  on par with the daily  life of a  soap  show.  And  isn't that is what Sylvia is  doing with the series?

The  time between the books  publication and  the actual  time of the story line is too far in between.IMO

As  said   I rated this  one of my favourites,  but  after reading "This Man"  that is  my favourite.

I loved  Burn series.  For  a short  story  we  found out a lot  regarding  the characters.   Love  Jax.   I look forward to the next one and hope it isn't  a  year  before it is released.

To the best of my knowledge, Afterburn and Aftershock are going to be the only two stories about Jax and Gia :(

Yep, Sylvia has said no more Jax and Gia - and says Crossfire stops at 5 books. There are people rumouring there could be 6 but that is probably because there still seem to be a lot of threads to tie and events to take place, I'd like to find out that Tatiana is either not pregnant or it is not Cary's baby and that he gets together with Trey, not bothered if we don't get Mark's wedding as it's not really relevant to Gideon and Eva's story. Maybe find out who Ireland's boyfriend is, and who it was who Megumi was involved with. We definitely need to know more about Elizabeth and Christopher with regards to Gideon, and why Anne has it in for Gideon. She seemed to have got what she wanted which was rough, unusual se*x - although she did not manage to retain any relationship with him when she supposedly fell in love with him. She did retain her husband though and any revenge she takes could rebound on that relationship. As someone else said I would love to know just what it is she feels Gideon's billions are not enough to pay for. I doubt she knows about Hugh's abuse of Gideon (I feel she would have brought that up in her chat to him and he only refers to his relationship with her having annoyed her husband) so I don't think she would be aware Hugh committed suicide some time after Gideon confronted him about the abuse.

Of course it may be that we are reading more into some of the lines in the book than Sylvia intended so we may not get answers to some of our queries :(

I doubt she knows about Hugh's abuse of Gideon (I feel she would have brought that up in her chat to him and he only refers to his relationship with her having annoyed her husband) so I don't think she would be aware Hugh committed suicide some time after Gideon confronted him about the abuse.Of course it may be that we are reading more into some of the lines in the book than Sylvia intended so we may not get answers to some of our queries :(

Hmmm, I just mentioned that as a theory in the chapter discussion.... I find Anne unpredictable and disturbed, and would not be surprised if she tried to take revenge of her brothers suicide. If G (who is less disturbed) could exploit Anne to get to her husband and partially punish Hugh by using Anne, why couldn't she do the opposite? Their se*ual relationship was based on SMBD, or have I misunderstood something? In that way G could have punished Hugh by using Anne, since he saw Hugh in her?!?

Hmmm, I just mentioned that as a theory in the chapter discussion.... I find Anne unpredictable and disturbed, and would not be surprised if she tried to take revenge of her brothers suicide. If G (who is less disturbed) could exploit Anne to get to her husband and partially punish Hugh by using Anne, why couldn't she do the opposite? Their se*ual relationship was based on SMBD, or have I misunderstood something? In that way G could have punished Hugh by using Anne, since he saw Hugh in her?!?

Unfortunately we really don't know the time line of when the abuse started/stopped or even HOW it stopped. We don't know how old Gideon was when he threatened Hugh...he must have had some $$$ if he said he would put an unlimited fund towards the prosecution of Hugh if he molested another child... We also don't know how long ago he had the "sorta" affair with Anne. Doubt seriously that Anne knows about the abuse or the threat that Gideon made to Hugh or even if Hugh was even alive when G was with Anne...but what do I know. Only Sylvia.

Read the Fixed Trilogy also. It was ok. Liked the follow-up Hudson. Book from the man's POV. Thought it was better written.

Ava in This Man is very annoying in the beginning of book 1. She is also very funny. Laugh out loud funny. She and Jesse are. The writing is so good. The subject different. Again, a 24 year old.

As I said about Eva, we have to remember what it's like to be that young. Reacting on emotion instead of sense. I find a lot of the female lead characters in romance novels are like that. Honestly, the only time I felt Eva was acting ridiculous was running out on G at the end of CBY. Losing her temper is part of who Eva is.

I think Gideon got rough with Anne because she looked so much like her brother. He was seeking control where he had none when abused. Not because of her husband but because of Hugh. She wanted Gideon so bad that she was right there with him. Then he dropped her. A woman scorned...

And Eva did run from Gideon saying she never left him. But we know in his mind, it's the same thing. He. Has. No one. She has Cary to lean on. I feel bad for him. Sounds like she was understanding why he played his hand and forced hers. Timing was bad.