* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

Re timing of affair with Anne - if he used Deanna to escape from Anne, could that particular night be more recent - otherwise Deanna has held a grudge for quite a long time (I'm assuming the night was at the end of his dealings with Anne and not her pursuing him some years later which may not be correct). Is it only the fact that he seemed to have thawed with Eva that made her start her crusade against him or is it not that long since the night he spent with her?

(just seen the post from Lighthouse - sorry, mine is similar - I get e-mails when posts are made so visit to reply, but that particular post didn't appear, weird as the others have).

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re timing of affair with Anne - if he used Deanna to escape from Anne, could that particular night be more recent - otherwise Deanna has held a grudge for quite a long time (I'm assuming the night was at the end of his dealings with Anne and not her pursuing him some years later which may not be correct). Is it only the fact that he seemed to have thawed with Eva that made her start her crusade against him or is it not that long since the night he spent with her?

(just seen the post from Lighthouse - sorry, mine is similar - I get e-mails when posts are made so visit to reply, but that particular post didn't appear, weird as the others have).

The last time he saw Anne which I assume is the night he picked up Deanna was she wearing her hair longer by then, grew it out maybe because she thought Gideon had a thing for longer hair? Or wore a wig? Or maybe the redhead who messed with Eva's head wasn't Anne after all, because Raul proved she still has short hair? Was this some other woman like maybe the redheaded woman who approached Eva at the first society function Gideon took her to? Deanna said something to Eva about being able to see Gideon was different with her, had "thawed." So maybe it has been years but those recent pictures triggered something in Deanna. The pictures made Corrine go crazy and go after Gideon. How many other crazy ladies are going to crawl out from under rocks. Gideon has had a lot of women before he met Eva. Yikes.

Here is a crazy theory: the redhead who messed with Eva is an older sister or some other close relative of the receptionist at Gideon's office who doesn't like Eva and who has seen Gideon's other women visiting him at the Crossfire recently. I suppose it is possible he met with Deanna at his office because he has been talking to her by cell phone (Eva snooped his phone when he was asleep). Definitely Maggie has been there at least two times and Corrine at least once because he left the building with her after that time Eva gave him the finger. Kooky theory that's probably going to embarrass me  by the time I finish the book but that is the only other redhead in Gideon's life I can think of who knows a lot about his comings and goings and has an axe to grind with Eva.

I just love hearing all he theories being thrown out there.  I believe Gideon said that Ann's family were all in the mental health field.  How about the red head at the party was another sibling of Ann's.  The red hair being a family trait and all.  They could blame Gideon for the death of the brother and try to back at him thru Eva. 

One thing that wasn't mentioned was press pictures and the event the night before - Gideon surely could have looked at all the photo's to see if Ann was there...or anyone with long red hair.  Or at the very least have one of his henchmen look.

The last time he saw Anne which I assume is the night he picked up Deanna was she wearing her hair longer by then, grew it out maybe because she thought Gideon had a thing for longer hair? Or wore a wig? Or maybe the redhead who messed with Eva's head wasn't Anne after all, because Raul proved she still has short hair? Was this some other woman like maybe the redheaded woman who approached Eva at the first society function Gideon took her to? Deanna said something to Eva about being able to see Gideon was different with her, had "thawed." So maybe it has been years but those recent pictures triggered something in Deanna. The pictures made Corrine go crazy and go after Gideon. How many other crazy ladies are going to crawl out from under rocks. Gideon has had a lot of women before he met Eva. Yikes.

Yes I hope the timeline of the Gideon/Anne/Deanna affair is revealed as I have always had questions about it...

OK.. lets go back to the first date dinner.. Eva had a run in with a red head then as well.

Syl said flat out back then it was NOT anne.. Im thinking this is the same women??

The Anne thing had to be AFTER Corinne because she was his first consensual sex remember?

But that doesn't mean Anne didn't try again after the fact to hit on Gideon..RIGHT?  he had said she was making him uncomfortable

Wouldn't Eva have recognised her if she was the same person? I quite like the theory she is something to do with the redhead at Gideon's office, although we have no idea why that woman seems to dislike Eva.

After the engagement to Corrine ended I'd expect Gideon to have put it about a bit and gained experience before meeting up with Anne??? Although it sounds like his experience of sex outside of the hotel room seems to have been non-existent, and he had to be in control, he obviously learnt quite a bit about how to ensure he gave those who merited it a good time.

I just love hearing all he theories being thrown out there.  I believe Gideon said that Ann's family were all in the mental health field.  How about the red head at the party was another sibling of Ann's.  The red hair being a family trait and all.  They could blame Gideon for the death of the brother and try to back at him thru Eva. 

One thing that wasn't mentioned was press pictures and the event the night before - Gideon surely could have looked at all the photo's to see if Ann was there...or anyone with long red hair.  Or at the very least have one of his henchmen look.

Hopefully we will get more specifics on Gideon's abuse but based on what we 'sorta' know now ...  

Dr Terry knows it was Anne's brother - but did she?  remember G once told E he could understand now why he lied if he loved Anne as much as G loved her.

Other than Dr Terry, Anne and Gideon (& now Eva) who else knows about the affair ??  and unless she is REALLY a sicko would she have lusted after G if she knew her brother abused him as a child ??  

In the new Chap E describes his previous women as 'agressive' so who knows how many are POd that he is now engaged and would like to sabatoge his relationship by gossip to Eva

Come on Tuesday :) 

eva was his ONLY none hotel sex. But Deanna told Eva he had a dark side .. so im sure he has hooked up with some winners.

and Im going to say No. about recognizing the red at the dinner.her mind was filled with rejection and pity. For Syl to say no about it being Anne makes me want to think she is someone else that will be back

I really like Arash and am looking forward to reading more about him. Something I hope gets answered is how much if anything he knows about Nathan. Was he with Gideon that Saturday morning at the police station when Eva dumped him over the phone? Was he involved since then keeping the cops off Gideon's back or did Gideon hide that mess from Arash and quietly hire criminal defense lawyers instead? Arash seems to be a civil lawyer specializing in corporate/finance. And Arnoldo seems to know nothing about what really changed and had Gideon miserable in the days after the Six Ninths concert. Was Arash in the dark too? I like Manuel too. Another Latino character, adding to Raul and Victor and Maggie and of course Eva who is half Latina. Laughed at the part when Manuel said "Latinas rule, my friend. Sexy, curvy. More than a handful in bed and out." and said Eva is a good choice. I noticed he didn't mention anything about bed and the other Latina in Gideon's world so I take it his friends all know for certain he and Maggie were never anything more than friends.

Agh! I'm telling myself "It's Sunday and tomorrow is Monday and the day after that is Captivated. I'm thinking of calling in sick to work Tuesday.

eva was his ONLY none hotel sex. But Deanna told Eva he had a dark side .. so im sure he has hooked up with some winners.

and Im going to say No. about recognizing the red at the dinner.her mind was filled with rejection and pity. For Syl to say no about it being Anne makes me want to think she is someone else that will be back

Totally agree. Eva spent much of that dinner confused and miserable and probably would have trouble later remembering anyone there who was a stranger to her. If Deanna was there Eva never noticed.

That hotel room -- I wonder how freaky Gideon got in his eph pad. Eva didn't open all the drawers when she snooped, she stopped at the drawer with the sex toys in it. But it sounds like all Deanna got was wham, bam, thank you mam, so unless he left out parts of what he told Eva it sounded pretty vanilla. But then again Gideon leaves stuff out a lot when he talks to Eva. Well, now we know we get Gideon's POV so we readers finally will get to know some secrets.

I really like Arash and am looking forward to reading more about him. Something I hope gets answered is how much if anything he knows about Nathan. 

I agree, I really like Arash also he seems like a good friend and trusted "employee" to Gideon.  I just naturally assumed since he took care of the Pre-nup and wedding filing that he knows about Nathan.  I like Arnaldo too, but I hope he doesn't keep pressing Gideon about Ava.  I would hate for there to be an issue there.  I feel like both men know a lot about Gideon and/or his relationship with Ava, but know completely different things.

I am still listening to all three books again and realized that I can't think of a time when Gideon met Trey.  I know he met Tatiana (GROSS) but don't remember him meeting Trey.

Also, I am trying for the life of me to figure out what is going on with Megumi and am totally stumped.  I have read everyone's thoughts and tried to figure out my own, but I am coming up blank.

Today is slow, tomorrow will be even slower and then midnight and I will be very irritable if at one minute past the book is not on my kindle although I've pre-ordered the ibooks version as well just in case (Jodi Ellen Malpas book was delayed downloading on Amazon last week until lunch time and a couple of other authors have experienced late publication even dragging to the following day).

Arash - just searched the e-book of Entwined and Gideon twice mentions his lawyers, although there are comments in the new chapters that Arash is aware Gideon is married so it seems possible he handled the preparation of the pre-nup and other details of the marriage. Gideon may well only have involved the one lawyer in anything involving Eva, thus Arash may have been involved in the legal side of getting the sex tape held back. If so then he may well have been critical of Eva's past and already had a discussion with Gideon and understood how he feels about her and is happy that his friend is happy??

my random thoughts.

When Deanna mentioned Gideon's dark side, then Gideon explained his sexual relations to Eva, (by not always using his d**k), maybe he went the oral route and used toys, then when the phone rang, he lost interest and said "you can go now"!!

Yes, we need a better timeline of Gideon's life. Like when the abuse started and when and how it stopped. How he got his start (at what age). He said he gambled and counted cards, you have to be 21 to gamble (legally) If he met Corrine in college and dated for about 2 yrs, what age did he leave college. Age stated for Gideon is 28, so he has been a busy boy!!!

Just throwing this out, while driving I saw a car made by Chrylser named 'CROSSFIRE'. That would be a good birthday gift for Eva, if we knew when her birthday, and Gideon's for that matter, was.

Why is Elizabeth so bent out of shape over the ring, other than the fact Eva now has it. Did she loose it during the debt collection from the ponzi scheme? Just glad he never gave it to Corrine.

Tuesday can't get here soon enough. Wonder if we will get a Tuesday/teaser, 18 chapters is too short for me!!

my random thoughts.

Yes, we need a better timeline of Gideon's life. Like when the abuse started and when and how it stopped. How he got his start (at what age). He said he gambled and counted cards, you have to be 21 to gamble (legally) If he met Corrine in college and dated for about 2 yrs, what age did he leave college. Age stated for Gideon is 28, so he has been a busy boy!!!

Just throwing this out, while driving I saw a car made by Chrylser named 'CROSSFIRE'. That would be a good birthday gift for Eva, if we knew when her birthday, and Gideon's for that matter, was.

Why is Elizabeth so bent out of shape over the ring, other than the fact Eva now has it. Did she loose it during the debt collection from the ponzi scheme? Just glad he never gave it to Corrine.

Tuesday can't get here soon enough. Wonder if we will get a Tuesday/teaser, 18 chapters is too short for me!!

I want a better Gideon timeline too.  He had to be twenty-one to win a lot alf money in Vegas.  They would have checked before they paid.

Elizabeth does not like Eva because: she knows about Eva's past and recent relationship with Brett Kline: she fears Eva will use Gideon's abuse to hurt him; and because Eva was "vicious" to her at the charity dinner, she feels Eva has an "ugly side" that Gideon does not know about.

I just keep seeing myself at a club in NYC (many years ago when I was young and single) turning around to see the Gideon Gang walking in, lead by the man himself, followed by Arnoldo, Arash and Manuel.... all over six feet and each "dark and dangerous in his own way.  I can not get that image out of my head.   Thank you Sylvia!!!!!

I keep wondering where things will go with Corrine. Like what if she writes a tell-all book about Gideon to get his attention? Like from when they dated, stories about sexcapades in the hotel room. Including his "dark side".

And with Megumi, her absence most likely has to do with the guy she was seeing who was so sketch. Sounded a little foreboding to me.

I keep wondering where things will go with Corrine. Like what if she writes a tell-all book about Gideon to get his attention? Like from when they dated, stories about sexcapades in the hotel room. Including his "dark side".

And with Megumi, her absence most likely has to do with the guy she was seeing who was so sketch. Sounded a little foreboding to me.

Im wondering where things will go with Corinne too although I hope she doesn't play a big part in this book... Although it sounds like Brett does because according to the clues he's still doing a concert later in the book. I just hope Eva attending that concert isnt a way she is getting back at Gideon for continuing to concern himself with Corinne and her problems...problems of her own making ...

I guess I'll find out tomorrow night. :). :)

Elizabeth does not like Eva because: she knows about Eva's past and recent relationship with Brett Kline: she fears Eva will use Gideon's abuse to hurt him; and because Eva was "vicious" to her at the charity dinner, she feels Eva has an "ugly side" that Gideon does not know about.

Betty Y37. I think Elizabeth doesn't like Eva because she first found out about her through the press. Then she invited her to the Garden Party...Gideon made it clear that Eva (and Cary) are in his camp and not Elizabeth's. So, Elizabeth wanted to see a relationship develop that would bring Gideon back to fold. Instead she has a feisty daughter-in-law who blames Elizabeth for Gideon's tortured soul at every opportunity.

I have to do a little bit of research, but I think the gambling age in Vegas wasn't 21 until  2003. Considering 'Bared to You' was first released in 2012 I think it's possible Gideon could have won that money when he was only 18ish.

Angus told Eva he had worked for Gideon for 8 years 'he hired me away from Mr Vidal when the time came' so Gideon was either 20 or just 21 when he was established enough to hire staff of his own. That doesn't discount that he could have begun collating funds before that age.

it isn't helping that Christopher is probably filling mummys head with crap.

as far as Deanna in the hotel.. She flat out told Eva he took a phone call and was just laying there and he told her to go before he was even finished, Im betting he never got started but she got a gander of what was in his pants ;)

I also think Gideon asked mummy for his ring and Lizzy thought he was going to give it to Corinne, at that point he was using her..So of course she would call him to go to the hosp.