Kirsten

* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

I wasn't sure where to put this. I thought Magdalene was a "friend" of GidEva now but this has me thinking she could be a threat in OWY

Sylvia posted this: 

Magdalene vs. Corrine: who’s the bigger threat? #HumpDayHottie

B21TebMIMAAiHs1.jpg

I am so thankful to have found this site. I love reading what everyone thinks. CBY definitely has me reeling. 

CBY gave me so many emotions.

I already mentioned that I kept noticing talk about a baby in the book. Could be nothing. Could be everything. Who knows.

CORR-FREAKING-IN, the poor girl cannot leave well enough alone. I'm tired of her. And if she releases the tell-all, Eva will read it and it is only going to strain her relationship with Gideon. I personally think it's worse than the sex tape. It's one thing to sleep with someone and have a little fling. It's another to be "in love" and engaged with them for years and then have to hear about how the man you love once thought he may have loved someone else. And the she talked about the suicide attempt and her miscarriage. There are no words for what I feel about her. 

I expected that out of Brett. I'm over that too. 

We didn't even see Tat but got a lot of Trey which I liked. I want him & Carey too work. 

I loved, loved, loved Gideons POV. I'm seeing him in a different light. Eva at sometimes killed me at points though which I didn't like.

I also loved him saying I love you and talking about his nightmares and abuse. He has come such a long way since EWY.

Hi,

I wanted to come in here really quickly and saw "Thank you" to those of you that have posted in HERE.  I am about half way through CBY (chapterwise) and logged onto this page yesterday.  I was frustrated, hurt and angry to see that some people have made posts and threads, regarding things in CBY outside of the spoiler thread.  I am a very slow reader because I like to enjoy what I am reading and absorb the material.  Just like everyone else, I am a huge fan of both Sylvia Day and this series and have waiting a long time (with all of you) to read this book.  I haven't looked in this specific thread since Monday night, knowing that many of Sylvia's fellow fans live outside of the states or on the eastcoast and were able to get this book before me.  I want to be able to enjoy this book and have everything be new to me as I read it, just as I am assuming you all wanted the same thing.

I cannot wait to finish the book and join in on your conversation and add my thoughts, but in the meantime, I am enjoying the book.  Since there are some people that cannot follow the "rules" and keep their posts and threads spoiler free, I will not be returning to this site for fear that more of this book will be spoiled for me.  Again thank you so much to those of you that are true fans and have kept your word to not ruin it for the rest of us.  

One thing that I can add to this thread, In chapter 1 when Gideon was talking about his Dad.  He said "My Father was a criminal who'd destroyed countless lives.  He was also the man that taught me to ride a bike and to sign my name with pride."  We all knew that Gideon loved his Dad, but this hit me hard, it shows the mature side of a little boy who loved, respected and misses his Dad.

If you would like to, please feel free to send me a private message, I would love to hear from you.

Oh! I was hoping to see Jax and Gia ....maybe Jax as one of Gideon's friends lol. Maybe w Gia doing something with Food Network and Arnoldo :) Hopefully in OWY.

I was also hoping to hear more about Victor and Gideon's past/present conversations .

Haven't started my second read... So, I'm going to take some notes lol.

I wasn't sure where to put this. I thought Magdalene was a "friend" of GidEva now but this has me thinking she could be a threat in OWY

Sylvia posted this: 

B21TebMIMAAiHs1.jpg

I am so thankful to have found this site. I love reading what everyone thinks. CBY definitely has me reeling. 

Magdalena is the friend.  I think this picture is directed to people who haven't read the book yet.  Gideon was happy to see her join them at the club.  Corinne is a major B evil-witch.gif and pot stirer.    I know the deal to write the tell all stinks but I think her worst move what threatening Gideon that she was going to attempt another suicide.  I happy that he told her you can't put that on me. 

I'm hoping that Maggie tries to talk some sense into Corrine. I do think that she is genuinely concerned about Gideon's happiness.

I do too but I'm not sure Corinne will listen.  Corinne is wicked. 

I have another crush and it's on Arash. He's killing me!

Me too!  Arash is great. 

I'm a little disappointed with Arnoldo.  I loved him in the previous books but he just won't be happy for Eva.  It irritated me that he ignored her and focused on Magdalena at The Starlight.  I thought he would at least be cordial. 

Me too!  Arash is great. 

I'm a little disappointed with Arnoldo.  I loved him in the previous books but he just won't be happy for Eva.  It irritated me that he ignored her and focused on Magdalena at The Starlight.  I thought he would at least be cordial. 

I actually understood why. I'm actually glad he's upfront about his feelings.

I love Arash and like I said, I'm shipping him and Megumi.

Hear that Syl! Megumi deserves him! I'd definitely buy a spin off

Hi Ladies,

Hats off to all of the ladies who managed to read the entire book in less than a day.  I am only on Chapter 6...I read like a turtle. Sigh! :)  I am looking forward to joining the discussion soon.  :)

The Lifehouae song. That's all I'm saying. I just died.

Hi Michele,

Is Lifehouse the group or the song?  If so, who wrote the song (the group).  I am sorry I have never heard the song and you ladies make it sound so wonderful.  Any information you or any of the other ladies could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  :)

Hi Michele,

Is Lifehouse the group or the song?  If so, who wrote the song (the group).  I am sorry I have never heard the song and you ladies make it sound so wonderful.  Any information you or any of the other ladies could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  :)

Gigi, Lifehouse is the band, and the song is called "Hanging by a Moment". The music video is posted on page 13 of this thread.

Gigi, Lifehouse is the band, and the song is called "Hanging by a Moment". The music video is posted on page 13 of this thread.

Hi Biarpcalb,

I saw that there was a video posted.  Unfortunately, my internet connection does not allow me to download and view high-speed videos or chats.  Thank you for the informaiton.  I can now look up the lyrics. It is appreciated.  :)

Hi Biarpcalb,

I saw that there was a video posted.  Unfortunately, my internet connection does not allow me to download and view high-speed videos or chats.  Thank you for the informaiton.  I can now look up the lyrics. It is appreciated.  :)

You're welcome. :)

After reading it a thousand times, I have one imediate question: How will all those issues be solved in only one book???

- Anne Lucas: In CBY, Anne directly threatened Eva. She hasn't done anything serious yet (except - maybe - show up at her building), but I believe in the next book she is going to "up" her game and try something more drastic. Problemas ahead. This is probably one of the main points of the next book, because it'll show Anne upping her game, and then our couple doing something to stop her.

- Elizabeth: Although I don't believe that Gideon's relationship with his mother will be completely healed after OWY (even if the book covers a couple of months instead of only a couple of weeks), I think OWY can show us a serious "hard" discussion between the two of them that will indicate that things are going to change for better.

-Corrine's book: Is it going to be published? If it is, that's going to hurt Eva a lot, and, to extension, Gideon. (some people were asking how she managed to write a book in so little time, but the "book" is actually her diary she kept from the time she dated Gideon, so it was already written. What I found hard to believe is how the book managed to be published in less than two weeks. Penguin needs to learn how do to that rs);

- Christopher Jr.: Not only he hates Gideon on a "personal" level, but now he's also plotting against him professionally (wanting to tell the board members that Gideon's decisions are wrong). That hatred is complicated, because it exists since they were kids (but apparently the reason is just jealousy, which is stupid), and I don't see it being solved in two or three weeks (time that the books usually cover).

- Cary: We don't know if Tatiana is really pregnant or if the baby is Cary's. That being said, I don't think Cary is going to abandon her even if it isn't his. So Trey needs to figure out if he can part of that situation, and Cary also needs to figure out if he'll let him be (because Cary's behavior is a lot of times selfdestructive, he may not even let Trey be with him).

- Monica and Victor: I'd like to know if there's an specific reason why Monica needs to be with a wealthy man. And I'd like to see how they are going to act around each other after having sex in EWY.

Those are only some situations, because there are many other smaller issues that could be covered by the fifth book, like the charitable work Eva wants to do, Arnoldo's dislike of her, ect. There's enough plot for more 1000 pages. 

Edit: and the wedding, and an epilogue, and and... 

My thoughts on Cary:

I become more and more indifferent to him with every book.

He's selfish and while everybody seems to be getting their head on and working through their problems, I see absolutely no growth in him.

He has absolutely no problems calling out Eva's mistakes (fine and dandy) and making her feel like the world is about to go to doo doo because of her choices. But when it comes to his problems, I feel like he shrugs it off under the crutch of "I'm a mess" instead of TRYING to fix the situation. That's just one of the ways he's a hypocrite.

I also don't like how he seems to encourage Eva's relationship with Brett (not in this book but in general) knowing that she's with Gideon, and knowing how hurt she's been by Brett in the past. Its like he want's Eva's love life to be as complicated as his to feel better about the mess he created for himself.

I wish Gideon and Eva had just decided to give him their apartment instead of having him so close to the penthouse. I feel like he'll never grow up as long as Eva is there to stroke his ego and be his beating stick.

I'm not so sure if Cary's the "bad guy", bc the moment Eva asked hin to stay with her at her mum's place, he went with her, and was there for her...would it be different, if HE had the troubles and asked Eva for help? I definitely think so..she would have stayed with Gideon...

I agree on all accounts Sharon. I really liked Arnoldo in the previous books, but he seems to be holding a grudge against Eva and Gideon has moved on so why the can't he. I really adored Arash.

Definitely more to come from Corrine, she's kind of got Arnoldo on her side at the moment, and as someone else has said, I think Anne is her therapist and using her to help get back at Gideon. I also wonder if Anne realises Gideon had connected her with Hugh and how she will take that news when, hopefully, he tells her.

In conversation with Cary Eva says "We can write a manual on How to Lose a Guy in 10 Weeks" so I assume that is the time period the four books have covered so far.

As to babies, Eva does say to herself (after hearing they have landed the PhazeOne campaign) 'between Mark's excitement, the imminent adjustment in my work situation, starting my period' so unless book 5 covers a bigger timescale than the previous books there's no baby in the near future (for which I am glad, this is a couple who need time on their own once their problems are resolved).

Raul and Angus are very dedicated to their jobs, both seem to be available at a moment's notice any time day or night.

Eva's reason for leaving him for me did seem a bit petty, particularly after the swing scene where she had coped well with being restrained because she trusted him, in his nightmares he is now more or less in the position Eva was when he 'left her' in Reflected, he thinks she can't take any more of his past even though she made it clear it was that he had not communicated with her.

The women we know he has been involved with in the past are all 'nutters' and although I can't recall what I read that made me think it, it came to mind that perhaps of the women who came on to him, he deliberately selected those who presented a challenge to fulfil the need to be in control. Has he perhaps had to pay one or two off to keep their mouths shut, hence the comments from Lucas and Deanna about throwing his money about?

Hi Gigi!

Here are the lyrics for the Lifehouse song if anyone else is interested. I was going to start a separate thread for it, but I don't know that there is enough music involved here to warrant it.

Sylvia posted this: 

B21TebMIMAAiHs1.jpg

Maggie has loved Gideon for years and understands him and genuinely wants him to be happy. She sees he found in Eva the happiness he looked for and she seems genuinely grateful for that. Maggie wants to keep being a friend to Gideon and accepts that means she has to get along with Eva. I think Maggie has actually come to like her and deeply regrets that one time she was a total b.itch.

Corrine loves Gideon but never understood him and all she wants now is him at all costs. She probably was thrilled those weeks she thought Eva was gone for good and she was getting him back. She could not even see the agony he was in and all she saw was he was spending time with her and making sure the world knew it. She has repeatedly deliberately messed with Eva's mind and tried to manipulate Gideon and as far as I can tell is still at it. I doubt she is going to drop her plan about that tell-all book even though Gideon said to her face it would hurt him too.

Magdalene vs Corrine is no contest. Corrine is the big loser here. Unfortunately she hasn't thrown in the towel.

Hello Ladies!! it's sooo good to be back.   :D

After a first read of CBY I have to say I'm on the fence,  I'm a little disappointed with it; I'll defo need a reread to make sense of the book as a whole and to figure out why it hasn't met my expectations to the full.

Perhaps "therein lies the rub". I''m going to "revisit and revise" in order to be able to take this New Gideon in.

What a marked difference there is in both register and rhythm from Chapt. 13 onward, and the second part of the book is way better than the first one.  

I'm not so sure if Cary's the "bad guy", bc the moment Eva asked hin to stay with her at her mum's place, he went with her, and was there for her...would it be different, if HE had the troubles and asked Eva for help? I definitely think so..she would have stayed with Gideon...

I should clarify, selfish in terms of not growing up and having everybody worry about him.

E.g cutting is personal and I've never done it so I have no idea what its like but Cary does things to mess his own life up to have everybody around him freaking out all the time. He could have picked up the phone and said "Eva I need you" instead of cutting himself because he THOUGHT she was out of reach. She has her own life to live and she can't read his mind.

The Tatiana/Trey scenario was an easy fix before he made it into the mess it currently is. He doesn't even like Tatiana so he sabotaged his own relationship with Trey for a woman he loathes leaving everybody around him worried about his happiness.

Cary acts like a child.