* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Kirsten

I'm coming to the same conclusion, highlighted a sentence during my re-read from the Monday morning after they had taken Ireland back to the Vidal place and before Eva told Mark they were to meet with LanCorp. She mentions how much they had on their plate that weekend, Gideon hadn't slept Saturday night* and how he did not see in himself what she saw. She goes on "He'd saved me, in so many ways. I was going to do whatever needed to be done to save him, too."*And how does Gideon do it, he functions on very little sleep, when he is in bed not sleeping he is mostly extremely active, he's running a massive company. Most guys who didn't sleep would probably keep 'it' up for 5 minutes and then collapse exhausted and certainly not be able to think clearly enough to run a company.I'm also not convinced we have seen the last of Brett - when Chris snr speaks to Gideon in the penthouse about the re-make of the video Gideon thinks to himself "Apparently, Brett Kline had some serious feelings for Eve after all, I wasn't okay with that. Not even close" Does this signify the possibility of more action with Kline in OWY?

Absolutely D500 Brett is not gone from the book . Eva seems to have gotten over him big time especially after their meeting in the park so I wonder how desperate he will become. I think he will write another song about her just to tick Gideon off. In any event, he may also be a recipient of Eva's Krav Maga if he loses the plot and comes on to her. He's in denial too. LOL

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eva did not tell Gideon about Landon placing a job at their agency but she weighted  her loyalty to Gideon  which was a good sign. I think she has to leave  because she was really mad and we need reason to kick Gideon Arse hard. Him fearing to death that Eva would not come back and forgive him forced him to open up to Dr. Petersen. What I dont like was Eva feeling like she cant forgive Gideon over that. She said Gideon took away that freedom .. errm did she forget Gideon gave her freedom back  when he killed Nathan . There was a part of me that I understand about Gideon , Him controlling everything means controlling the outcome. Time was an essence and things were moving fats one after the other. However , I think it was Evas' fault too. Her telling him she wasn't pushing  and we'll wait for him to be ready but deep down she was resenting him already so at the end of the day Eva was a ticking time bomb too. So I guess when she said about being honest, she should push Gideon even if they fight  because its the only way she can help him . Gideon would do everything for her  , hasn't she know it by now so she might as well used it . 

I noticed yesterday (after listening to CBY) Eva was under Gideon's desk giving him a BJ when he was meeting with his technical team.  Gideon was angry because Lancorp stole his top tech.  Eva heard the whole conversation and said "Uh oh" when Gideon reprimanded the group.  How is it she didn't say anything to Gideon later when her boss was "requested" to head the LanCorp project.  Up to this point we hear that Eva is a good researcher for Mark.  How is it she didn't put together how big a competitor LanCorp is to Crossfire?  I get that the fight was the trigger that moved Gideon forward with his therapy but this is the first time Eva really p1sses me off. 

Re Eva not telling Gideon about the Landon project - she had no reason to until he told her that Landon was 'out to get him' - up to then it was just another client. He has told her that he can be a target but looks like that really has not sunk in - but can you blame her, so much has happened for her in so little time. Her mind is on helping Cary, putting her mother in her place and sorting out a wedding, and her biggest hurdle is getting Gideon to talk about his past. Gideon was always convinced she would leave when he finally told all which is now showing in his nightmares. I too believe when he told her in the past he did not remember what he had dreamt, that was truly the case, a lot of dreams/nightmares are not recalled once we wake and I'm pretty sure one of the longer term members of this forum had looked into Gideon's nightmare problem and read that things are not recalled. They are very mixed up nightmares, some truth, some imaginary events but scary as ###### when you wake and remember what you dreamt.

Hopefully book 5 has GidEva forming a strong bond from the outset, and assuming it will only cover a short time period again, that all those women crawl right out of the woodwork and fail in their attempts to hurt the two of them. I know we're also wondering about Cary/Tatiana/Trey, Victor and Monica, Chris and Liz, but those situations will hopefully dealt with as quickly as the bracelet/Nathan and Megumi scenarios and that the detail is given over to Anne, Corrine, Christopher and Gideon's mother.

Hi,  Read Eva's BJ during Gideon's meeting again.  Eva knew Lancorp was a competitor before they received the job. 

snapback.png

It doesn't help matters that up to now, Gideon keeps breaking down to see Corrine and all that does is send a mixed message that if she cries out for his attention she'll get it. Think about it. When he ended the charade of dating her he told her they could still have some sort of long distance contact but no more spending time together. When he quit taking her phone calls she showed up at the Crossfire and got him to come to down to the lobby. Then more crazy stalking got him to go see her at her apartment to talk about her depression meds. She took the overdose and he went to the hospital. Then after she got out and went to the Crossfire again he brought her into his office because he felt bad for her because of the miscarriage. But he told her he was engaged so no more contact. The tell-all book is her latest stunt and look what he did. He called her to arrange to meet at the same restaurant he took her to weeks earlier when he started spending time with her.

Know what I think he should have done? Sent Arash to the restaurant instead. Send a clear message and quit sending the mixed message that if only she tries hard enough she can get Gideon to see her.

Totally agree Lighthouse.

I agree too.  Gideon doesn't know how to cut these ties.

I noticed yesterday (after listening to CBY) Eva was under Gideon's desk giving him a BJ when he was meeting with his technical team.  Gideon was angry because Lancorp stole his top tech.  Eva heard the whole conversation and said "Uh oh" when Gideon reprimanded the group.  How is it she didn't say anything to Gideon later when her boss was "requested" to head the LanCorp project.  Up to this point we hear that Eva is a good researcher for Mark.  How is it she didn't put together how big a competitor LanCorp is to Crossfire?  I get that the fight was the trigger that moved Gideon forward with his therapy but this is the first time Eva really p1sses me off.

Thanks ladies, spotted this in my re-read, shows that with a series of books as complex as this we need to read more than once. My first read was rather fast, I took a lot in but not all of it.

My only thought is even though the heard that conversation, with so much going on afterwards (Gideon continued with the s*x and then off to San Diego and a busy weekend there) this may have slipped her mind - we heard that scene from Gideon rather than Eva. I'm trying my best not to dislike Eva over how she treats Gideon in chapter 19 and how long it takes her to respond to him in chapter 20 - let's hope when OWY opens they are pretty much together and spend the rest of the book as a team fighting Brett and the mass of Gideon's enemies.

Apart from the Jax and Gia books I've not read any series by Sylvia, does she usually write an Epilogue so we learn about the future?

Hi Sharon,

I read your comments and I agree with your assessment with Cary.  I also just wanted to add that the time that Cary had found out about Tatiana being pregnant and such has been only a short time.  So his freak out is understandable from my view point.  I think about all of my friends and colleagues who have had children and how; from the moment they found out up until the birth and even post birth; that is all they thought about or talked about. 

Tatiana's pregnancy may also be forcing Cary to face many childhood issues and traumas that they he may have thought were dealt with enough.  Now Cary has to actively face and deal with what his "mother" did to him and how she never protected him, used him and wh*red him out.  Those are some horrific traumas to deal with.  Although I don't agree with how Cary is behaving(self-harming etc.), I understand his actions.

The issues that Cary is facing in his life right now (and for a long time to come) aren't going to be dealt with, with a one trip to visit to see Dr. Travis. Cary needs life coping skills and parenting skills (if the child is his with Tatiana).  My only hope is that someone will have his back when it comes to sorting out the mess of whether the child is his or not.  It is obvious that he is not in a place in his life where he is able to care for another person, let alone himself.  Right now he acting out from an emotional space and cannot see the "forrest from the trees". 

With regards to Gideon, I had a quick question; does Cary know that Gideon was abused as a child?  Or does he only know that Gideon has violent nightmares of an unknown origin?  I don't remember Eva having a conversation with Cary about that. 

I think Cary suspects because he saw him having one of his nightmares.  Cary also had nightmares before Dr. Travis helped him.  I don't think Eva would betray Gideon by sharing his actual experience.  In fact there are several times that she laments not being able to talk to her best friend about Gideon.

Thanks ladies, spotted this in my re-read, shows that with a series of books as complex as this we need to read more than once. My first read was rather fast, I took a lot in but not all of it.

My only thought is even though the heard that conversation, with so much going on afterwards (Gideon continued with the s*x and then off to San Diego and a busy weekend there) this may have slipped her mind - we heard that scene from Gideon rather than Eva. I'm trying my best not to dislike Eva over how she treats Gideon in chapter 19 and how long it takes her to respond to him in chapter 20 - let's hope when OWY opens they are pretty much together and spend the rest of the book as a team fighting Brett and the mass of Gideon's enemies.

Apart from the Jax and Gia books I've not read any series by Sylvia, does she usually write an Epilogue so we learn about the future?

D500

Normally I would agree with you since this was Gideon's POV but we know how much work Eva did for Gideon after Deanna showed up.  If you remember she completely dazzled Gideon with her ability and he changed his website presence immediately.  Eva did a lot of research in a few hours.  This little project is what made Gideon offer her a job at Crossfire.  They even talked about her going to CrossTrainer instead of her gym because she didn't like to support his competitors.  It doesn't make sense that once she started researching LanCorp it wouldn't click that this was a major competitor for Crossfire.  Eva missed an opportunity to pay Gideon back a little for all he has done for her.  She continually says she wants Gideon to share with her.  If she took the time to mention her new client to Gideon he would have shared Landon's relationship before offering Mark the job.   I can still see Eva giving Gideon an ultimatum at the end but it would be more realistic (to me anyway) if she said I can't stay with you if you can't help yourself and talk to Dr. Peterson.  (I know SD would be more creative than that.)

Hi Gcrossfire,

I read your comments about Eva and her conflict between work and her marriage and I saw it differently.  Once Eva decided to get married her alliance should be with her husband.  I am not saying that a woman/man should automatically sacrifice him/herself for the sake of their marriage, but when two people get married, it is no longer a situation of me/he/she, it automatically becomes we.

I have to wonder whether Eva's lack of a decision about the Landon Corp deal, was in response to the fact that she got married too soon.  Gideon chased Eva hard, exposed and overwhelmed her (as well as loved her deeply and unconditionally to the best of his ability) all the way to the alter.  Could it be that on some level Eva was rebelling to the fact that she chose a life and a partner that she will largely have no control over?

What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I think Eva was resisting to be under Gideon Cross shadow this was her main issue from the beginning. And Dr. Petersesn pointed out that she was resisting -- because she doesn't want to become a trophy wife or like her mother. But there was a gradual change in her  .. like working in Crossroad foundation and she was excited to be working with Gideon.  and she was coming into that terms  .. so Gideon did think that he made a tactical error by offering Mark a job w/o consulting Eva . I dont think she was rebelling .. i guess it more that she was so slow dealing with all the changes and adapting .. 

The main issue wasn't really the Lancorp  or Gideon offering Mark a  job .  It was the fact Gideon made a tactical decision to offer a job to Mark w/o telling Eva  and  would cost Eva her job .. the one that she proudly work so hard and love. She values herself as a career woman which in any case  Gideon was really supportive of her she just need to be  on her side fully in Cross industries . I think  It doesn't matter who didn't mentioned it first but its the principle of sharing and communicating the problems that would arise and the need for an equal opinion to solve it. Eva just want to know whats happening before  Gideon make the decision and she want Gideon to share things with her. In as much as Eva me off sometimes  , when Gideon explained things to her she can easily give in.  She doesn't want to be sheltered all the time  .   I could't blame Gideon though because Eva was so slow adapting her new role as his wife..  and when Eva doubts her feelings for Gideon just because of this I just want to scream at her - I wonder why did he marry her again?  ..  God I just want Gideon to be happy  -- seriously his character has been battered, bruise, so many downs , too much on his plate and Eva was his little piece of heaven with too much trouble as  a side dish and Eva sometimes is still being selfish by thinking about her self preservation.

I hope that in OWY their communication skills would improved. 

Hi Gcrossfire,

I read your comments about Eva and her conflict between work and her marriage and I saw it differently. Once Eva decided to get married her alliance should be with her husband. I am not saying that a woman/man should automatically sacrifice him/herself for the sake of their marriage, but when two people get married, it is no longer a situation of me/he/she, it automatically becomes we.

I have to wonder whether Eva's lack of a decision about the Landon Corp deal, was in response to the fact that she got married too soon. Gideon chased Eva hard, exposed and overwhelmed her (as well as loved her deeply and unconditionally to the best of his ability) all the way to the alter. Could it be that on some level Eva was rebelling to the fact that she chose a life and a partner that she will largely have no control over?

What do you think? What does everyone think?

Hi GiGi. I agree with what you've said about the no longer *I* but *we*. I will also admit that with such a short dating period it might have been a concept Eva didn't fully appreciate. I think you could be onto something with Eva subconsciously rebelling because of the lack of control. Having said that I'm not sure that Gideon telling her prior to doing it that the outcome with Mark would have been different. She would have felt boxed in regardless. Maybe if she'd know all the bulls*it Gideon was dealing with on her behalf she would have reacted a little differently, but he's trying to keep things from her so she doesn't get hurt. Eva has to realize that she is Gideon's weakness. If anyone can get to the "Ice Man" it's going to be through her. For her to think that LanCorp account just happened to land on Mark's desk is foolish. I understand that Eva doesn't want to lose who she is in their marriage, but at the same time she needs to find a balance. She's smart, and wealthy in her own right. She could very easily start her foundation and thrive on her own doing that. Again I know the end result of the fight justifies the means so to speak BUT as much as Eva wants Gideon to deal with his issues, she needs to realize she has some pretty unrealistic expectations about her independence now that she is Mrs. Cross.

I think Cary suspects because he saw him having one of his nightmares.  Cary also had nightmares before Dr. Travis helped him.  I don't think Eva would betray Gideon by sharing his actual experience.  In fact there are several times that she laments not being able to talk to her best friend about Gideon.

Hi, Cary doesn't know the extent of his abuse  but he know he was abused. I was reading Reflected in You and I cant help but get mad at Cary  after all the goodwill Gideon extended to him.   IN RIY after the second nightmare of Gideon in Evas apartment he left .. The next day Gideon went to Evas' aparment not knowing   Eva was in his apartment. So when Cary called and tell Eva  , he told her he told Cross to "Go to " .. seriously, shouldn't he felt a little sympathy for Gideon as he also had nightmares before and should he offer a  support to Gideon on that basis and at the same time telling Eva to be cautious.  

I mentioned  this because I know some of us here  were having different feelings toward Cary and he is fast becoming ungrateful to me . Cary has no problem  accepting  generosity from Cross - and when he got beaten to death it was Gideon who sort out his care at home .. but then it was easy for him to dish Cross , Gideon has always consider Cary well being too since he was Evas 'plus one..  Is it just me that noticed this?  

snapback.png

I agree too.  Gideon doesn't know how to cut these ties.

I think he knew how to cut the ties  but he cared for Corrine too so he makes it as respectable and easy and hurtless as possible to make Corrine accept that they are not happening anymore.  They were not parting as enemies .. yet!  

Im pretty sure Gideon is done with Corinne now.

Cary made a comment to Eva when Gideon was cowering on the floor the night he shoved him into the wall. " and I thought I was F@cked up baby girl " and also the comment about sleeping with a ticking time bomb.. He knows he was abused in some way.

My biggest I have no idea... is what Anne meant by payback and its gona cost you millions. Good Ol Doc L said he never told her about what her brother had done, so Im thinking that will come out and she will soften to all of it, what do you think?

and as far as Eva knowing about the phone call about Landon.. she was sucking his @ock. the only reason she hummed o oh was because of his tone of voice I honestly don't think she had a clue about what he was talking about

Im pretty sure Gideon is done with Corinne now.

Cary made a comment to Eva when Gideon was cowering on the floor the night he shoved him into the wall. " and I thought I was F@cked up baby girl " and also the comment about sleeping with a ticking time bomb.. He knows he was abused in some way.

My biggest I have no idea... is what Anne meant by payback and its gona cost you millions. Good Ol Doc L said he never told her about what her brother had done, so Im thinking that will come out and she will soften to all of it, what do you think?

and as far as Eva knowing about the phone call about Landon.. she was sucking his @ock. the only reason she hummed o oh was because of his tone of voice I honestly don't think she had a clue about what he was talking about

I think Eva said uh oh because Gideon said " if you thought I'd give you my money and be a silent partner you didnt do your homework"

Eva knew whoever Gideon was talking to was going to get bulldozed!! As for Anne, I totally disagree with you about her softening. She is already way over the edge...crazy and diabolical...but worst of all dangerous. What she said was that Gideon's billions couldnt cover the cost of what he did to her ...that spells DANGER to me...Danger to Eva. :(. :(

Hi, Cary doesn't know the extent of his abuse  but he know he was abused. I was reading Reflected in You and I cant help but get mad at Cary  after all the goodwill Gideon extended to him.   IN RIY after the second nightmare of Gideon in Evas apartment he left .. The next day Gideon went to Evas' aparment not knowing   Eva was in his apartment. So when Cary called and tell Eva  , he told her he told Cross to "Go to ######" .. seriously, shouldn't he felt a little sympathy for Gideon as he also had nightmares before and should he offer a  support to Gideon on that basis and at the same time telling Eva to be cautious.  

I mentioned  this because I know some of us here  were having different feelings toward Cary and he is fast becoming ungrateful to me . Cary has no problem  accepting  generosity from Cross - and when he got beaten to death it was Gideon who sort out his care at home .. but then it was easy for him to dish Cross , Gideon has always consider Cary well being too since he was Evas 'plus one..  Is it just me that noticed this?

Eva will always come first with Cary I just hope she doesn't become collateral damage by some of the bad choices Cary makes...Eva would certainly forgive him anything but Gideon never would and that would just be another heartbreaking situation for Gideva to endure.

Anne is never going to soften. She's nuts. I don't know how Sylvia is gonna get rid of her but she is scary.

Kristen-- agree 100%. Eva has tons of options, but independence is not one of them. It would be like Kate thinking she could get a regular job instead of being a princess. Yeah, right. G is described as one of the richest men in the world with his wealth only growing. She has to get it together or she will constantly be a target. Enough already.

I am not gonna pick on Cary. He has enough on his plate. I think he is doing the best he can.

We have not seen the end of Corrine. Although the sooner Sylvia disposes of her the better. Sick of her. Groveling is not attractive.

I don't know how G keeps all this stuff straight in his head and runs a huge business. I can't seem to remember all the stuff I need to run my life. Lol

I'm coming to the same conclusion, highlighted a sentence during my re-read from the Monday morning after they had taken Ireland back to the Vidal place and before Eva told Mark they were to meet with LanCorp. She mentions how much they had on their plate that weekend, Gideon hadn't slept Saturday night* and how he did not see in himself what she saw. She goes on "He'd saved me, in so many ways. I was going to do whatever needed to be done to save him, too."

*And how does Gideon do it, he functions on very little sleep, when he is in bed not sleeping he is mostly extremely active, he's running a massive company. Most guys who didn't sleep would probably keep 'it' up for 5 minutes and then collapse exhausted and certainly not be able to think clearly enough to run a company.

I'm also not convinced we have seen the last of Brett - when Chris snr speaks to Gideon in the penthouse about the re-make of the video Gideon thinks to himself "Apparently, Brett Kline had some serious feelings for Eve after all, I wasn't okay with that. Not even close" Does this signify the possibility of more action with Kline in OWY?

Absolutely D500 Brett is not gone from the book . Eva seems to have gotten over him big time especially after their meeting in the park so I wonder how desperate he will become. I think he will write another song about her just to tick Gideon off. In any event, he may also be a recipient of Eva's Krav Maga if he loses the plot and comes on to her. He's in denial too. LOL

Hi D500 & Sscrph,

I read your comments and the thought that came to mind is; how self-destructive will Brett be?  This isn't simply an issue of a man wanting another man's woman.  Brett's band is signed with Vidal Records (as we all know).  So how far will Brett go to push the issue before his record deal gets tanked? 

Sincerely, I think Brett's time is up and if he's got half a brain, he will tuck his tail between his legs, turn around and go (quietly into the night).  Or I hope that his band mates knock some sense into him.  Either way, his time is up...

Good point Sharon. 

Just to touch upon Cary. I don't hold it against Cary that he tried to get rid of Gideon. He's Eva's friend. Walking into her room and seeing her being attacked by her boyfriend, dreaming or not would certainly take a toll on someone. His only concern is Eva, and I don't blame him for that. Just like I don't blame Arnoldo for not liking Eva after the Brett kissing incident.

Hi D500,

Thank you for mentioning the Jax and Gia story.  In  a strange way, I found those two books incredibly helpful in that it gave me some much needed information about Deanna's character.  Of all the characters in the Crossfire series, I find her to be among one of the most dangerous women.  She may not be up at the top; Anne Lucas takes those honours, but she is up there from my perspective.

Just to touch upon Cary. I don't hold it against Cary that he tried to get rid of Gideon. He's Eva's friend. Walking into her room and seeing her being attacked by her boyfriend, dreaming or not would certainly take a toll on someone. His only concern is Eva, and I don't blame him for that. Just like I don't blame Arnoldo for not liking Eva after the Brett kissing incident.

Hi Kirsten,

I agree with your comments wholeheartedly.  I can see Cary's concerns as being valid and I can also see why Arnoldo may dislike Eva.  I actually think that he dealt with his concerns by going to Gideon directly, as appropriate.  I don't think that it would be appropriate for a man to go up against a woman to tell her how much he dislikes her etc.  It never winds up being a good situation.

My only concern as far as Arnoldo was concerned was the fact that he wanted someone simple/or easy/or uncomplicated (I am paraphrasing here).  I would have thought that having seen how Gideon acted with all of his previous girlfriends, Arnoldo would have wanted someone for his friend that he loved and was loved unconditionally.

Hi GLH,

I agree with you about Anne.  I thought about how Gideon described his sexual interactions with Anne and I was sickened by his descriptions.  It painted a picture of a woman who was so pathetically desperate and single-mindedly driven to have the sexual experience. 

I would think that most women would give a man a pass if he was not able to sustain an erecti*n.  Kind words might be exchanged (between the two parties) and the encounter would end, but that's not what was decribed.  The entire scenario was just Sick.

Hi Everyone,
I was thinking about what everyone has said about Eva not wanting to be like her mother or a Trophy wife and I guess my question would be; what constitutes being a trophy wife?  If we look at the facts; Eva is employed-Monica is not.  Eva is a University graduate-is Monica?  Eva married for love; Monica married (or has married in the past) for money?  Eva puts up a fight and has no problem expressing her opinions like/dislike-does Monica do the same?

I am not sure that Eva has given herself enough credit to realize that she is far from being a trophy wife.  What does everyone else think? 

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking about what everyone has said about Eva not wanting to be like her mother or a Trophy wife and I guess my question would be; what constitutes being a trophy wife? If we look at the facts; Eva is employed-Monica is not. Eva is a University graduate-is Monica? Eva married for love; Monica married (or has married in the past) for money? Eva puts up a fight and has no problem expressing her opinions like/dislike-does Monica do the same?

I am not sure that Eva has given herself enough credit to realize that she is far from being a trophy wife. What does everyone else think?

I totally agree on all counts GiGi. I also think that Gideon values having someone who challenges him. Who has an opinion for lack of a better word. If he wanted a trophy he could have easily married Corrine or even Magdalena.

Hi D500,

Thank you for mentioning the Jax and Gia story.  In  a strange way, I found those two books incredibly helpful in that it gave me some much needed information about Deanna's character.  Of all the characters in the Crossfire series, I find her to be among one of the most dangerous women.  She may not be up at the top; Anne Lucas takes those honours, but she is up there from my perspective.

Yes Gigi I'm not sure I trust Deanna even at this point. She's not a danger to Eva physically like I think Anne Lucas is but she is more of an emotional threat . A leopard can't change it's spots overnight and I dont think Deanna did either.