Kirsten

* * CAPTIVATED BY YOU ++ SPOILER ++ CHAT * *

Before CBY I wanted the Gid/Eva story to last longer but there is too many months between books.  If Sylvia or her publisher would give use two GidEva books a year I can see how she can make this into a longer series.  However, at this point, I just want the last book to have all the questions posed throughout the books thus far answered.  I'm nervous that isn't going to happen so I have resigned myself to a decent HEA.   wedding-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hi Sharon,

I don't think that Sylvia will let us down. After all the heated debates and hair pulling, I can't see her letting down her readers.  If any two people deserve a happily ever after, it is certainly these two people.  Don't loose heart, Christmas and the New Year is on its way, and hopefully a HEA! :)

Hi Sharon,

I don't think that Sylvia will let us down. After all the heated debates and hair pulling, I can't see her letting down her readers. If any two people deserve a happily ever after, it is certainly these two people. Don't loose heart, Christmas and the New Year is on its way, and hopefully a HEA! :)

I hope you are right, there must be a happy ending! Sylvia writing skills are amazing, I've never been so caught up in any books before. I have certainly not even considered to join any forums to discuss the books afterwards. And I've never felt such empty feeling every time I've finished a book (and felt it for days) and just longing to read more. She deserves to be at the top of the saleslist *welldone*

I would't mind that the last book would be all Gideons POV, those were my favorite chapters in CBY.

I hope you are right, there must be a happy ending! Sylvia writing skills are amazing, I've never been so caught up in any books before. I have certainly not even considered to join any forums to discuss the books afterwards. And I've never felt such empty feeling every time I've finished a book (and felt it for days) and just longing to read more. She deserves to be at the top of the saleslist *welldone*

I would't mind that the last book would be all Gideons POV, those were my favorite chapters in CBY.

Gigi & Ann

I didn't mean to imply that we wouldn't get an HEA.  Sylvia said in a couple interviews that this is the journey to their happily ever after.  I just don't know how all the things I want to know are going to be included. 

sharon

Possibly reworking other comments here - apologies, but there are a lot.

*I love the last chapter of CBY. There is so much hope moving forward. Gideon is reaching out to Eva about issues he has hitherto kept bottled up. And they are declaring their love simply and without sex. Eva is finding her space with respect to working for Cross Industries - she shows great strength of character and ethos in declaring to Mark she will not work on the PhazeOne campaign. So I envisage great companionship and mutual and respective goals from Gideon and Eva in Book Five.

* I doubt the next book will be released anywhere near Valentine's Day because of the marketing for Fifty Shades Movie.

* I am disappointed that Cary has not made more progress with his love triangle. He went to see Dr Travis but we don't see that Cary made any resolutions. He is drifting - helping Tatiana out because she is needy, but not showing clear resolve or commitment towards Trey. Cary is more than happy to accept "charity" from Eva, Stanton, and Gideon. He is working as a model which I guess reflects his focus on image. Look at his personal life and the image is pretty ****ed up. Perhaps he will end up working for Crossroads and making worthwhile contributions to people's lives and that will stimulate change.

* I think the Brett dilemma is over. He is keen to change the Golden video clip (Gideon worries this shows his true feelings for Eva)

*Anne Lucas, Corinne, and maybe Deanna are threats moving forward. I bit like the ex-wives club revenge!

*I think Book 5 will focus on the Landon/Cross animosity and Gideon and Eva will tackle it together with positive resolution.

Possibly reworking other comments here - apologies, but there are a lot.

*I love the last chapter of CBY. There is so much hope moving forward. Gideon is reaching out to Eva about issues he has hitherto kept bottled up. And they are declaring their love simply and without sex. Eva is finding her space with respect to working for Cross Industries - she shows great strength of character and ethos in declaring to Mark she will not work on the PhazeOne campaign. So I envisage great companionship and mutual and respective goals from Gideon and Eva in Book Five.

* I doubt the next book will be released anywhere near Valentine's Day because of the marketing for Fifty Shades Movie.

* I am disappointed that Cary has not made more progress with his love triangle. He went to see Dr Travis but we don't see that Cary made any resolutions. He is drifting - helping Tatiana out because she is needy, but not showing clear resolve or commitment towards Trey. Cary is more than happy to accept "charity" from Eva, Stanton, and Gideon. He is working as a model which I guess reflects his focus on image. Look at his personal life and the image is pretty ****ed up. Perhaps he will end up working for Crossroads and making worthwhile contributions to people's lives and that will stimulate change.

* I think the Brett dilemma is over. He is keen to change the Golden video clip (Gideon worries this shows his true feelings for Eva)

*Anne Lucas, Corinne, and maybe Deanna are threats moving forward. I bit like the ex-wives club revenge!

*I think Book 5 will focus on the Landon/Cross animosity and Gideon and Eva will tackle it together with positive resolution.

Hi Georgette I enjoyed your comments; I too would like to see Cary move forward independently it would be the best thing for him. I really cant see Trey giving Cary the answer he wants to hear. Trey is right when he says he wants someone moving forward who will help him build his practice in the future and thus far Cary has always been juggling Tatiana and Trey and more so now because of the possible baby situation. It would be great to see Cary moving forward on his own independently of a relationship. I think working with Crossroads in the future would be just what he needs and this would give him his orivate time with Eva instead of living next door to each other. I just cant get on board with that living situation...

Hi Kirsten,

Let me begin this posting by apologizing about the way I phrased my posting. I did not mean to imply that you were in some way or in any trying to justify Elizabeth Vidal's actions. You were simply relaying information that you were kind enough to share from another source.

What I was reacting to was Elizabeth Vidal's ongoing denials and justifications about her actions. We as the readers have been given very little about what Elizabeth Vidal's life was prior to her husband's death and all we have had the opportunity to see is how she reacted when she was confronted with the fact that her child was being abused (which was beyond disgusting...enough said).

After reading about Gideon's account of his abuse I was horrified. It also solidified my opinion of what kind of person/mother Elizabeth Vidal is. I had a visceral reaction. It is the mark of a truly great writer is someone who can evoke strong emotions with the swipe of a pen. Sylvia did a brilliant job of and is to be commended in my books. I am sorry that you got caught in the Crossfire (no pun intended).

Hi GiGi,

Totally agree with you regarding Elizabeth. I'm hoping we get a clearer picture if her in OWY, but I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive the horrible way she's gone about dealing with Gideon and his abuse. The fact that she still has not apologized for not believing him has me so 😡. I have to give Gideon credit for even speaking to her at this point.

I also have to agree with you regarding Sylvia having us so invested in these characters. It speaks volumes about her writing ability.

I was looking at when she announced CBY release date.  She revealed the cover and announced on Sept 6th that it would release on Nov 18th. That is about 10 weeks time.  So if we are hoping for a release date around Valentines Day she better hurry up and do a cover reveal and announce a date ;)

Sscrph, I can't get on board with Cary's living arrangements either.

Hi Georgette, the fact is I dont think Cary is really happy about it either and thats just going to make things worse. I think he should just get a smaller apartment in the current building or somewhere else of HIS choice. He will receive a salary from Eva as part of being spokesperson for her foundation and that will be the financial stability he needs to get out on his own and stay there in addition to his current modeling career. Also Eva said he could always be a personal stylist with his talent. This would be a great way for him to go also because there are many opportunities in NYC for that type of career especially with Monica Stanton's connections...But it is also Eva's fault because I think that he thinks that Eva wants him nearby...

I was looking at when she announced CBY release date.  She revealed the cover and announced on Sept 6th that it would release on Nov 18th. That is about 10 weeks time.  So if we are hoping for a release date around Valentines Day she better hurry up and do a cover reveal and announce a date ;)

I agree with whoever said that February is out because there will be too much hoopla surrounding FSOG...

I think Cary and Eva came to NY together to support each other emotionally. This series doesn't cover a long span of time. Honestly, the way real estate is right now in that city, no one can live without a roommate unless they make a ton of money. Neither Eva or Cary could live alone without Stanton's help. Certainly not on the upper west side. (My brother lives right near where their apartment is supposed to be and a 2 bedroom rents for well over $7000 a month.). Cary living in the adjoining apartment isn't a problem for me. What is a problem is I see Cary sliding backwards emotionally. He needs a therapist in NY and fast.

I think Cary and Eva came to NY together to support each other emotionally. This series doesn't cover a long span of time. Honestly, the way real estate is right now in that city, no one can live without a roommate unless they make a ton of money. Neither Eva or Cary could live alone without Stanton's help. Certainly not on the upper west side. (My brother lives right near where their apartment is supposed to be and a 2 bedroom rents for well over $7000 a month.). Cary living in the adjoining apartment isn't a problem for me. What is a problem is I see Cary sliding backwards emotionally. He needs a therapist in NY and fast.

Let's just hope Anne Lucas doesnt become his therapist. :(. :(

I have a new question that I hope will stimulate some discussion LOL ....

Eva thinks Gideon has used the sex swing before since he seemed so familiar with the harnesses....

What does everyone think about this and who do you think he may have used it with??

I remember reading somewhere this summer or early fall that the plan was to release books 4 and 5 within around six months of one another -- and that she has already delivered the final manuscripts for both to her publisher. If that is still the plan, then it's possible One With You would come out in the late spring in order to be on the best-seller lists for summer reading. I'd be psyched if we got it earlier than that, but I'll wait for however long it takes.

It's important to remember that Sylvia herself does NOT control release dates. It's the publisher, and ONLY the publisher, who controls that. She used to remind her fans about this again and again on social media, especially her Facebook page. Still, she faced some awful and unfair backlash by people who just didn't get it, who were blaming her that the book wasn't out yet, and who were swearing they were going to give up on the series. Fortunately, other fans who understood the publisher made the rules kept jumping to her defense and continued to profess loyalty, and at times told off the people giving her a hard time.

I'm sure that just like with Captivated By You, the instant she gets the firm date from her publisher about One With You, she will announce it to the fandom.

I agree with whoever said that February is out because there will be too much hoopla surrounding FSOG...

The film likely will rocket the FSOG books back up onto top positions on the best-seller lists. Would Sylvia's publisher want to ride the wave of interest in erotic fiction or shy away from going head-to-head competing for new readers of FSOG? Hard to say. The marketing executives at her publisher have the final say on what happens. I'm just thrilled that as-of this week, Captivated By You is number one on the New York Times best seller list for paperback and for combined e-book/paperback sales. Yes!

Eva thinks Gideon has used the sex swing before since he seemed so familiar with the harnesses....

What does everyone think about this and who do you think he may have used it with??

If he did use one it would have been at the hotel because before Eva that is the only place he had sex with women. Maybe he had a separate room for it? Had it built years ago when he sank tons of money into refurbishing the property. Arash complained about the fact he was just breaking even after all that investment when he decided to sell the property. He didn't use one with Deanna. In Ch. 7 of ETW Deanna complained to Eva about how he treated her during their one-night-stand. About how he took a phone call before he was done, looked at her just laying there waiting for him, and told her she could leave. I can't see him using it with Anne because with her he was depraved and for him the swing was a positive fantasy not darkness. I think Corrine is out too. He didn't own the hotel way back then.

I dont think he has done it before .. was it in EWY where they talking about fantasies and Gideon mentioned the sex swing and Eva asked  if he has done it before .. Gideon replied (not exact word) she shouldn't be asking questioned like that .

I dont think he has done it before .. was it in EWY where they talking about fantasies and Gideon mentioned the sex swing and Eva asked  if he has done it before .. Gideon replied (not exact word) she shouldn't be asking questioned like that .

Perhaps he didn't want to answer yes ;) haha

Cary is getting  on my nerves ..  he loves to give advice and criticize but hard headed to listen or to take one. He is becoming ungrateful . He created the problem himself so I would really love for him to have his  own book -  a spin off or something .. 

I am not sure if Cary will manage so well on his own. I agree that he absolutely should have a place of his own, and possibly further away from G & E. I don't think he will get his independence living right next door. Besides Eva needs space too, so that she won't run to Cary (away from Gideon) every other fight they have. In this short amount of time when Eva has been focusing on G and their relationship, it's been going downhill with Cary (f.ex the cutting), so I'm afraid that he's not ready to be on his own.... Not that he is Eva and Gideons responsibility. I also agree that he needs a therapist real fast, and it would be a total disaster if that therapist were Anne....

Sscrph, I can't get on board with Cary's living arrangements either.

I'm not sure why Cary's living arrangement is a problem.  He moved from California to New York for Eva and they are trying to start new careers.  It would be totally inconsiderate of Eva to leave Cary stranded at this point. 

Cary is just starting out in the modeling business and only has one major campaign so he isn't making a lot of money.  Gideon is offering him an apartment.  He isn't actually living with them.  They can both come and go as they please but they can also visit and support each other if necessary.  There is no way Cary or even Cary and Eva together, can afford an apartment in the building that Stanton is paying for.  Eva said they would have to move out of Manhattan if they didn't have Stanton footing the bill.

I remember reading somewhere this summer or early fall that the plan was to release books 4 and 5 within around six months of one another -- and that she has already delivered the final manuscripts for both to her publisher. If that is still the plan, then it's possible One With You would come out in the late spring in order to be on the best-seller lists for summer reading. I'd be psyched if we got it earlier than that, but I'll wait for however long it takes.

It's important to remember that Sylvia herself does NOT control release dates. It's the publisher, and ONLY the publisher, who controls that. She used to remind her fans about this again and again on social media, especially her Facebook page. Still, she faced some awful and unfair backlash by people who just didn't get it, who were blaming her that the book wasn't out yet, and who were swearing they were going to give up on the series. Fortunately, other fans who understood the publisher made the rules kept jumping to her defense and continued to profess loyalty, and at times told off the people giving her a hard time.

I'm sure that just like with Captivated By You, the instant she gets the firm date from her publisher about One With You, she will announce it to the fandom.

I don't think anyone in this group questions whether Sylvia has control over release dates.  However, she is a major author and many authors with her clout have release schedules that can go out many months up to a full year.  I think that is the frustration that some people feel because she and/or her publisher are so secretive with the information about her books. 

If he did use one it would have been at the hotel because before Eva that is the only place he had sex with women. Maybe he had a separate room for it? Had it built years ago when he sank tons of money into refurbishing the property. Arash complained about the fact he was just breaking even after all that investment when he decided to sell the property. He didn't use one with Deanna. In Ch. 7 of ETW Deanna complained to Eva about how he treated her during their one-night-stand. About how he took a phone call before he was done, looked at her just laying there waiting for him, and told her she could leave. I can't see him using it with Anne because with her he was depraved and for him the swing was a positive fantasy not darkness. I think Corrine is out too. He didn't own the hotel way back then.

Maybe it was always just a long term fantasy, but one he had researched ready for when the right time came?

I'm not sure why Cary's living arrangement is a problem.  He moved from California to New York for Eva and they are trying to start new careers.  It would be totally inconsiderate of Eva to leave Cary stranded at this point. 

Cary is just starting out in the modeling business and only has one major campaign so he isn't making a lot of money.  Gideon is offering him an apartment.  He isn't actually living with them.  They can both come and go as they please but they can also visit and support each other if necessary.  There is no way Cary or even Cary and Eva together, can afford an apartment in the building that Stanton is paying for.  Eva said they would have to move out of Manhattan if they didn't have Stanton footing the bill.

Yep. Totally agree.

God forbid Anne was his therapist. Assuming that was sarcasm. Ugh.

I have no idea if G used a swing before. Fantasies are usually what you haven't done and want to do. For G, se* with Eva is a whole new experience since he loves her. I want to think he's being creative. I can envision using the swing for kinky stuff involving toys. Don't think intercourse was involved based on what G has said.