One with You

Gaia

I'm kinda Eva quit her job and her reply for doing so was "I have a wedding to plan". What happened to all the "gotta stay busy" and "I love work rush/highs"? She was such a determined character and then she just quits?? I know Mark is leaving, but helllllooooo she still has a job. What kind of 24 y/o wanting to make it in NYC (NYC for crying out loud!!!*cough cough* cutthroat world) quits their job just like that? That looks so, so bad on resumes! Her excuse of working for Gideon's competitors is out the window because she told Mark she couldn't work on the tech gaming stuff. I just don't get it. Now, if her job became heading up the Cross Industries charity stuff, that would make sense, but she is a 24 y/o straight out of college. What does she know about heading up charities? Since Sylvia says she doesn't write the characters, the characters tell her what to write, I don't feel mad getting so annoyed and ranting about this. If Eva were my friend I would fly up to NYC and tell her this myself, then steal her man, hehe.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eva quitting her job?!?!?! OMG! What was all the arguing about then? Give me a break, she frustrates me so much, I just want to tell her to grow up! If I'm this frustrated, what must Gideon be? I'm glad she is still planning the wedding, at least they are still figuring things out.

Damned that Corinne, still throwing herself at Gideon at any possible moment (where is her self-respect?). I think that a part of Gideon still is praying she's not going to publish that book, and by being a bit acommodating there is still hope. If he rejects her everytime, she'll be even more desperate and the book will be published for sure (she is desperate for his attention).

The frosted glass surprised me as well, but D500 theory calmed me, and I think she is quite right.

About the read-head my immediately thought is that she is just another jealous bitter woman who never gotten any way with Gideon, but I'm open for the idea that she could be a secret daughter of Hugh or another relative.

I do think that there is more people who knows about the abuse (or at least heard that Gideon has accused Hugh for se*ual abuse), and want revenge of his suicide.

I liked the excerpt, but I think it is time for knowing more about the release date!!!!

I'm kinda ###### Eva quit her job and her reply for doing so was "I have a wedding to plan". What happened to all the "gotta stay busy" and "I love work rush/highs"? She was such a determined character and then she just quits?? I know Mark is leaving, but helllllooooo she still has a job. What kind of 24 y/o wanting to make it in NYC (NYC for crying out loud!!!*cough cough* cutthroat world) quits their job just like that? That looks so, so bad on resumes! Her excuse of working for Gideon's competitors is out the window because she told Mark she couldn't work on the tech gaming stuff. I just don't get it. Now, if her job became heading up the Cross Industries charity stuff, that would make sense, but she is a 24 y/o straight out of college. What does she know about heading up charities? Since Sylvia says she doesn't write the characters, the characters tell her what to write, I don't feel mad getting so annoyed and ranting about this. If Eva were my friend I would fly up to NYC and tell her this myself, then steal her man, hehe.

I don't think Eva is in a position at her job that she is able to pick and choose the projects she wants to work on. She was just hired and is really in actuality an apprentice. I think she really had no choice and this was what she was coming to terms with in the days apart from Gideon. Sylvia is right when she said that the marriage was like a ball and chain for Eva. If they would have waited a couple of years to marry, Eva would have been able to establish herself in the advertising world or at least begin to build that reputation she clearly wants. Besides planning the wedding, i don't know what Sylvia has in mind for Eva but I hope it is something substantial because Eva can't spend her days waiting for Gideon to come home and f@&$ her or dealing with all of those crazy exes... What do you all think?

no choice

I don't think Eva is in a position at her job that she is able to pick and choose the projects she wants to work on. She was just hired and is really in actuality an apprentice. I think she really had no choice and this was what she was coming to terms with in the days apart from Gideon. Sylvia is right when she said that the marriage was like a ball and chain for Eva. If they would have waited a couple of years to marry, Eva would have been able to establish herself in the advertising world or at least begin to build that reputation she clearly wants. Besides planning the wedding, i don't know what Sylvia has in mind for Eva but I hope it is something substantial because Eva can't spend her days waiting for Gideon to come home and f@&$ her or dealing with all of those crazy exes... What do you all think?

no choice

PREACH IT! 

One of the things I loved about Crossfire versus other books was the difference between Eva and the other girls. Eva was smart, sassy, and independent. I hate that she has to change so much of her life but I don't feel like Eva in the first book would have quit for Gideon but I guess she has to change with the times. 

Damned that Corinne, still throwing herself at Gideon at any possible moment (where is her self-respect?). I think that a part of Gideon still is praying she's not going to publish that book, and by being a bit acommodating there is still hope. If he rejects her everytime, she'll be even more desperate and the book will be published for sure (she is desperate for his attention).

The frosted glass surprised me as well, but D500 theory calmed me, and I think she is quite right.

I hope that's it because Eva handled that 100x better than I would have. I don't care how much I trust that Gideon wouldn't do something but enough it enough. Show her the door once and for all. 

Scott is being a good secretary, he will know Corrine is an ex and that it would not be diplomatic to let Eva just go straight in without warning Gideon, whatever the reason Gideon let Corrine in to his office. In what we see he is making it clear to her he does not want to look at the photos (for all we know she hasn't been there long and he's only had that one photo in his hand - I hope). He would have made the glass frosted as he would have no idea what action she'd take and he wouldn't want the staff seeing anything untoward (he did the same with his mother in one of the other books).

Gideon opened the door immediately which indicates he had nothing to hide from Eva. He's holding the photo but it doesn't say he is looking at it (looking at them is in Eva's thoughts but not in what we see of Gideon's actions), and he didn't try to hide the fact that Corrine was standing pretty close to him, he could have drawn away but he was honest and let Eva see exactly how close Corrine was to him. Eva even says that 'she wasn't a threat'. At least Corrine knows she is not wanted once Eva arrives, with Eva around Corrine knows she doesn't stand a chance of trying to get back into Gideon's good books (but he definitely needs to do something to get through to her that he is NOT, NOT, NOT interested in her any more.) Her comments to Gideon regarding him keeping the photos is probably just to goad Eva and make her think he was interested in looking at them.

I did wonder if perhaps in his days with Corrine his anger/s*x issues were beginning hence her ability to soothe him; if they had a 'normal' relationship what did she need to soothe him for?

Scott announced over Gideon's intercom, "Miss Tramell is here for you, Mr. Cross" and Gideon hit the button to open the door -- so Corrine knew Eva was about to walk in. So it's possible Corrine suddenly moved close to Gideon and shoved the picture into his hand. Hoping to give Eva the wrong impression Gideon was having an intimate conversation with her (Corrine) and Eva would "catch them redhanded" together, so to speak. A Corrine stunt like that would be along the same lines as the incident in EWY-- Corrine with Gideon in the downstairs lobby of the Crossfire, Corrine sees Eva standing there looking at the pair of them, Corrine tries to kiss Gideon right in front of Eva.

Didn't work in CBY and didn't work in this latest incident. Gideon wordlessly walked away from Corrine and straight up to Eva.

"She wore a red strapless dress, showing off skin that was like rich pale cream," is something that jumped out at me in the excerpt. RED dress. Corrine also wore a red dress to Tableau One when Gideon met with her about the book. CBY describes " ... plunging neckline of her red dress." So I wonder -- did Corrine wear a lot of red years ago when she was with Gideon, and many of these pictures she has of them as a couple shows it? Is she trying to remind Gideon of that by wearing sexy red dresses now?

The first time Corrine "saw" Eva almost certainly would have been in photos on tabloid websites of the first time Gideon and Eva appeared in public as a couple. Which was walking into the Advocacy Center event. Eva was wearing a sexy red gown.

The color red has very special meaning for Gideon and Eva. What if Corrine succeeds in making Eva paranoid that Gideon's preference for red is just like Gideon's preference for brunettes? Tries to ruin for Eva the specialness of red. Eva thinks Gideon's past pattern of attraction to brunettes is because of Corrine. Before Eva, the only non-brunette she knows for certain Gideon slept with had red hair.

Eva doesn't know the true, dark secret that Hugh calculatedly instilled into Gideon a sexual fetish involving women with the same coloring as his (Gideon's) mother. And a twisted reason Gideon managed to get it up for Anne was because of her physical resemblance to Hugh, that Gideon was punishing Hugh symbolically by being depraved, not respectful, with Anne.

Of course it's possible that red dresses have nothing to do with Corrine and Gideon's past. Corrine has started wearing them when she plans to see Gideon as part of another deluded attempt to try to make herself attractive to Gideon. Her more sedate/refined dressing had not worked. It's only since this book thing has come up that twice now we readers have seen Corrine in red dresses.

I guess we have another question to answer in OWY - they mystery of the red haired receptionist.  Spy, Hugh's family, secretly in love () with Gideon?  My thought of the box was just photo's or other things that Corrine had that from her relationship with Gideon and she was giving them back. 

So here's my list of topics to be solved for the last book:

Red haired  receptionist

Video  - all gone?  Why is Gideon keeping a copy if he isn't going to watch it?

Relationship with Brett - he needs to go away

Corrine's book - looks like she's going ahead with it

Is the killing of Nathen a dead end and gone away

Relationship between Eva's parents

Is Cary the father's to Tat's  baby

Wedding - reception - honeymoon

Gideon's nightmares  - will they stop 

I'm sure there are a bunch more - it could be a long book!

"She wore a red strapless dress, showing off skin that was like rich pale cream," is something that jumped out at me in the excerpt. RED dress. Corrine also wore a red dress to Tableau One when Gideon met with her about the book. CBY describes " ... plunging neckline of her red dress." So I wonder -- did Corrine wear a lot of red years ago when she was with Gideon, and many of these pictures she has of them as a couple shows it? Is she trying to remind Gideon of that by wearing sexy red dresses now?

The first time Corrine "saw" Eva almost certainly would have been in photos on tabloid websites of the first time Gideon and Eva appeared in public as a couple. Which was walking into the Advocacy Center event. Eva was wearing a sexy red gown.

The color red has very special meaning for Gideon and Eva. What if Corrine succeeds in making Eva paranoid that Gideon's preference for red is just like Gideon's preference for brunettes? Tries to ruin for Eva the specialness of red. Eva thinks Gideon's past pattern of attraction to brunettes is because of Corrine. Before Eva, the only non-brunette she knows for certain Gideon slept with had red hair.

Eva doesn't know the true, dark secret that Hugh calculatedly instilled into Gideon a sexual fetish involving women with the same coloring as his (Gideon's) mother. And a twisted reason Gideon managed to get it up for Anne was because of her physical resemblance to Hugh, that Gideon was punishing Hugh symbolically by being depraved, not respectful, with Anne.

Of course it's possible that red dresses have nothing to do with Corrine and Gideon's past. Corrine has started wearing them when she plans to see Gideon as part of another deluded attempt to try to make herself attractive to Gideon. Her more sedate/refined dressing had not worked. It's only since this book thing has come up that twice now we readers have seen Corrine in red dresses.

All of this definitely made me think. I would hate for Corrine to take away something Eva considers special to her and Gideon. Then again, it could be that red was a color Corrine/Gideon liked in the past. 

I guess we have another question to answer in OWY - they mystery of the red haired receptionist.  Spy, Hugh's family, secretly in love (######) with Gideon?  My thought of the box was just photo's or other things that Corrine had that from her relationship with Gideon and she was giving them back. 

So here's my list of topics to be solved for the last book:

Red haired  receptionist

Video  - all gone?  Why is Gideon keeping a copy if he isn't going to watch it?

Relationship with Brett - he needs to go away

Corrine's book - looks like she's going ahead with it

Is the killing of Nathen a dead end and gone away

Relationship between Eva's parents

Is Cary the father's to Tat's  baby

Wedding - reception - honeymoon

Gideon's nightmares  - will they stop 

I'm sure there are a bunch more - it could be a long book!

Great list Seattle! This could be great fun! Some to add:

Relationship between Gideon and Christopher Jr.?

Relationship between Elizabeth and Chris Sr.?

Has Christopher been Deanna's source (existence of sex tape, accurate account of the Gideon/Brett brawl)?

Relationship between Gideon and Angus - how was it that Angus earned Gideon's utter trust?

Is Corrine a patient of Anne Lucas?

Is Anne going to go after Eva?

Nice addition!!!

One more came to my mind - will Eva's Krav Maga training be used?

There need to be a Krav Maga situation!!! (Preferably Chris Jr, Anne Lucas and a slap over Corinne cheek!) or else she has been training in 4-5 books for nothing, except that one night when she fought of Gideon (when he had a nightmare).

Gideon needs a confrontation with his mother too..... She needs to accept a few things, and humbly ask him for her forgiveness (IMO she doesn't deserve it!)

as for Eva giving her notice at work....she and Mark have both said that she would lose her job if Mark left. Thought Mark decided to stay with Waters Field and Leaman and that is why Eva said that even if he stayed that she couldn't work on the LanCorp project. Maybe LanCorp is making a stink about Eva not working on the project and that is why she is really leaving. Hopfully she will be working on the CrossRoads Foundation and maybe Crisis Management and PR with Cross Industries!!

Wish we had an inkling about when OWY will be coming out....

I don't think Corinne's choice of red dresses is that hard to figure out... She is taking a page out of Magdalene's playbook and trying to imitate Eva's persona. You are right; Corinne certainly did see those photos of Gideon and Eva the night she wore the red dress and the passionate encounter in Bryant Park . That's what had her hightailing it back to NY...It was very apparent in those few encounters how Gideon burned for Eva as he himself says ; so why not imitate her competition. Gideon said himself that Corinne resembled his mother especially in her wardrobe choices. Why not up her game and dress a little more provocatively as she really believes that Eva and Gideon are not solid. She's pulling out all the stops practically throwing herself at Gideon and it is getting tiresome. Corinne needs to get a life and a new man that is not Gideon...

I don't think Corinne's choice of red dresses is that hard to figure out... She is taking a page out of Magdalene's playbook and trying to imitate Eva's persona. You are right; Corinne certainly did see those photos of Gideon and Eva the night she wore the red dress and the passionate encounter in Bryant Park . That's what had her hightailing it back to NY...It was very apparent in those few encounters how Gideon burned for Eva as he himself says ; so why not imitate her competition. Gideon said himself that Corinne resembled his mother especially in her wardrobe choices. Why not up her game and dress a little more provocatively as she really believes that Eva and Gideon are not solid. She's pulling out all the stops practically throwing herself at Gideon and it is getting tiresome. Corinne needs to get a life and a new man that is not Gideon...

That makes total sense! Magdalene used to imitate Corrine, hoping that doing so would make her more attractive to Gideon. Now Corrine's trying the same pathetic thing.

If Corrine cuts off her waist-length black hair, dyes it blonde and gets a boob job, it'll prove once and for all to the entire world she's nuts.

Seriously, though, the first time I read the excerpt I wanted to scream at Gideon. W - T - F was he even doing meeting with Corrine yet again!!! Then I thought it through some more, and I realized why he did it. That scheming bee-yotch finally has got his attention, because she is trying to hurt Eva. We readers saw the lengths Gideon went through to stop that sex tape from getting out and hurting Eva. I think he's just as determined to fight nasty to stop Corrine from publishing the book. 

Add to my fantasies of Eva going all Krav Maga on Corrine a fantasy of Gideon going after Corrine with Arash alongside him. A no-holds-barred legal showdown. And afterward, Arash kicking back with Arnoldo and telling him about the real Corrine behind the mask. Of course, there's a lot Arash could not say (client-attorney privilege). But what he could say to Arnoldo and the other guys is bad enough.

I think there's one sure-fire way to stop Corrine, and I hope it happens in OWY. Gideon tells Corrine he's already married Eva. Shows Corrine pictures of the wedding on the beach. Has the exact same sort of showdown with her that he did with Brett. Corrine wants to end the GidEva engagement. Well, Gideon can tell her the engagement is already over - because he's married.

That makes total sense! Magdalene used to imitate Corrine, hoping that doing so would make her more attractive to Gideon. Now Corrine's trying the same pathetic thing.

If Corrine cuts off her waist-length black hair, dyes it blonde and gets a boob job, it'll prove once and for all to the entire world she's nuts.

Seriously, though, the first time I read the excerpt I wanted to scream at Gideon. W - T - F was he even doing meeting with Corrine yet again!!! Then I thought it through some more, and I realized why he did it. That scheming bee-yotch finally has got his attention, because she is trying to hurt Eva. We readers saw the lengths Gideon went through to stop that sex tape from getting out and hurting Eva. I think he's just as determined to fight nasty to stop Corrine from publishing the book. 

Add to my fantasies of Eva going all Krav Maga on Corrine a fantasy of Gideon going after Corrine with Arash alongside him. A no-holds-barred legal showdown. And afterward, Arash kicking back with Arnoldo and telling him about the real Corrine behind the mask. Of course, there's a lot Arash could not say (client-attorney privilege). But what he could say to Arnoldo and the other guys is bad enough.

I think there's one sure-fire way to stop Corrine, and I hope it happens in OWY. Gideon tells Corrine he's already married Eva. Shows Corrine pictures of the wedding on the beach. Has the exact same sort of showdown with her that he did with Brett. Corrine wants to end the GidEva engagement. Well, Gideon can tell her the engagement is already over - because he's married.

Totally agree with this Lighthouse; I sincerely hope Gideon is playing Corinne...she deserves the full on global magnate Gideon Cross at his scheming best... Yes that is a big mistake on Corinne's part ; trying to hurt Eva; so that makes me feel better that Gideon is civil to her. After all, Gideon did tell her at their last meeting at Tableau One that she would be sorry and I don't think Gideon makes idle threats. I would love Eva to be the one to tell that Bi@@@ that they are married then Corinne can try to strangle Eva and then Eva would have no choice but to give her a taste of the Krav Maga... Well deserved...after 4 books I've seen and heard enough about Corinne and I hope Eva sends her packing early in OWY. :). :)

Stuck on a train for a while today I had some time to think about various things, and at one point Crossfire entered my mind. Not sure where this idea comes from but here goes:

Hugh (calculatingly as someone else mentioned) instilled in Gideon an image of someone looking similar to his mother as a sexual fetish. Corrine fits that bill, as does Magdalene, although she has changed how she looks by having her hair cut. I'm assuming maybe Corrine's mother is similar in looks as well. We think Corrine may have something to do with Anne Lucas. What if, some time in the distant past, there was a ploy to interest Gideon in women of that type to trap him into being interested in Corrine (to attempt to get hands on, originally, any Vidal money that might have gone to him, but continued once he himself became successful and rich)???? This theory has to assume that Hugh's family are linked in some way to Corinne, either through friendship or being related, also has Gideon's father something to do with Hugh's family (were they clients of his who lost money) so could Hugh have been deliberately abusing Gideon because of who he was rather than just because he was a child requiring therapy? Probably totally wrong in my thinking but thought I'd write it down although as I write it, it seems far fetched :) (Train delay was over an hour - I was bored is my excuse).

Gideon does love his mother, no matter how distant he is to her when they meet, he has striven to ensure she has a comfortable life and that she and Chris Sr kept their heads above water financially. He witnessed the awfulness between his parents after his father had been found out about the Ponzi scheme, lived through his father's suicide, presumably saw his mother totally miserable until Chris Sr came on the scene and he doesn't want her ever to go through that again. Wonder if Elizabeth actually recognises just how much her son has done for her despite her past actions towards him?

Stuck on a train for a while today I had some time to think about various things, and at one point Crossfire entered my mind. Not sure where this idea comes from but here goes:

Hugh (calculatingly as someone else mentioned) instilled in Gideon an image of someone looking similar to his mother as a sexual fetish. Corrine fits that bill, as does Magdalene, although she has changed how she looks by having her hair cut. I'm assuming maybe Corrine's mother is similar in looks as well. We think Corrine may have something to do with Anne Lucas. What if, some time in the distant past, there was a ploy to interest Gideon in women of that type to trap him into being interested in Corrine (to attempt to get hands on, originally, any Vidal money that might have gone to him, but continued once he himself became successful and rich)???? This theory has to assume that Hugh's family are linked in some way to Corinne, either through friendship or being related, also has Gideon's father something to do with Hugh's family (were they clients of his who lost money) so could Hugh have been deliberately abusing Gideon because of who he was rather than just because he was a child requiring therapy? Probably totally wrong in my thinking but thought I'd write it down although as I write it, it seems far fetched :) (Train delay was over an hour - I was bored is my excuse).

Gideon does love his mother, no matter how distant he is to her when they meet, he has striven to ensure she has a comfortable life and that she and Chris Sr kept their heads above water financially. He witnessed the awfulness between his parents after his father had been found out about the Ponzi scheme, lived through his father's suicide, presumably saw his mother totally miserable until Chris Sr came on the scene and he doesn't want her ever to go through that again. Wonder if Elizabeth actually recognises just how much her son has done for her despite her past actions towards him?

Ooo, you've an interesting area to speculate about some Gideon family history -- some past connection between Gideon's parents and Hugh. We do know that Hugh (and his evil sister Anne) come from a family of shrinks. What if there was some sort of social-circle connection and/or some professional connection between the Crosses or the Vidals?

We don't know how it was that Elizabeth and Chris Sr. chose who to turn to for professional help for Gideon. I can picture Elizabeth quietly looking around people she knew in her society circles who happened to be doctors and therapists. I can see her discretely choosing a doctor for young Gideon. So it makes sense she might pick out people she already knew. That there could be the old link between Hugh's family and Gideon's family.

This also raises present-day social and/or professional connections between Terry and Anne Lucas and Gideon's mother. We know she had Terry examine Gideon as a child. Did Elizabeth ever meet Terry's wife, Anne? Do they know one another socially now? We also know Elizabeth is in some sort of cahoots with Corrine. When Corrine got to New York in crisis, did she turn to Elizabeth? And so did Elizabeth suggest she go see Anne for help with her depression?

Corrine bears a physical resemblance to Gideon's mother, especially in their coloring, but I don't think Magdalene does, because Maggie and Corrine are different races. Maggie is Latina, and Corrine is Caucasian (as is Gideon's mother). If anything, Maggie has more in common with Eva, who is half Latina and half Caucasian. Eva's physical appearance blends both races. The most striking thing about Corrine's looks is her beautiful hair, which she wears waist length flowing down her back. Maggie used to wear her dark hair waist length because she hoped Gideon would like it. Good for Maggie finally figuring out the hair style didn't work, and so she gave up the long hair when she gave up on Gideon. 

Lighthouse: I think the redheaded receptionist has been the person getting Corrine into Gideon's office. The excerpt solves (I hope) a mystery that's been bugging me since Captivated, which is how did Corrine get into the reception area of Gideon's office in the Crossfire soon after she got out of the hospital?

​I wouldn't read too much into this red-headed receptionist thing. There have been other receptionists in the books, even a male once. I think there is enough to manage and tie together without adding more side issues.

I was pleased to hear on one of the Sylvia interviews that Cary resolves his issues happily....whatever this means. It's got to be good for Gideon and Eva to have Cary independent and content.

I wonder if the scene in the excerpt is on Friday following Dr P and dinner. Perhaps they have resolved to have no sex for a period of time. He wet his lips with a slow swipe of his tongue and I nearly moaned aloud. Staying out of his bed was going to kill me, but it had to be done. Also Eva will have one week more of work and perhaps move onto wedding planning +/- Cross Charities work.

Corrine bears a physical resemblance to Gideon's mother, especially in their coloring, but I don't think Magdalene does, because Maggie and Corrine are different races. Maggie is Latina, and Corrine is Caucasian (as is Gideon's mother). If anything, Maggie has more in common with Eva, who is half Latina and half Caucasian. Eva's physical appearance blends both races. The most striking thing about Corrine's looks is her beautiful hair, which she wears waist length flowing down her back. Maggie used to wear her dark hair waist length because she hoped Gideon would like it. Good for Maggie finally figuring out the hair style didn't work, and so she gave up the long hair when she gave up on Gideon.

Yes many on the forum have wondered if Elizabeth was already seeing Anne professionally and recommended her therapist to Corinne;

This makes Elizabeth even more of a parhetic character...If this actually is true; what will she do if she ever finds out that her son's abuser was her therapist's brother...Padded cell here I come!!!

The more I think of it maybe Gideon is considering leaking some photos of Gideva's secret wedding. This would accomplish 2 things: giving Corinne a dose of reality AND showing the world and all his crazy exes that this is the REAL thing and he is really off the market. If Corinne would decide to go ahead with her book after that ; it really makes her look like a pathetic, desperate socialite and who would want to buy a book with photos of Corinne and Gideon when they have juicy wedding photos of Gideva. Even Eva mentions this in the excerpt so I think there is a real possibility of this happening.

I wonder if the scene in the excerpt is on Friday following Dr P and dinner. Perhaps they have resolved to have no sex for a period of time. He wet his lips with a slow swipe of his tongue and I nearly moaned aloud. Staying out of his bed was going to kill me, but it had to be done. Also Eva will have one week more of work and perhaps move onto wedding planning +/- Cross Charities work.

I thought the same thing, Georgette, that GidEva finally are taking the advice Dr. Petersen gave them way back in RIY during their first couples counseling session: some abstinence. When he first suggested it, the reason was all GidEva's interactions led to sex, including their fights, and they weren't resolving their fights. Since then, the good doctor has figured out there are some sex-related problems far deeper than them trying to settle fights by f ing.

"Staying out of his bed was going to kill me, but it had to be done." That's what's in Eva's mind in the excerpt. I think they're fighting to create a future where they can share a bed. Gideon has to reach a point where he's not terrified he'll mentally traumatize Eva during one of his violent nightmares. That means therapy has to work. And for couples therapy to work, they have to learn how to resolve their fights outside of bed.

I think he is finally no longer afraid he'll physically harm Eva. Thanks to Krav Maga, she's not physically helpless against someone violent: she's got the self-defense skills to fend someone off, even a strong man like Gideon.

I enjoy the recurring fan fantasy here about Eva finally going all Krav Maga on someone, with Corrine being top of the list. But I honestly don't see Eva using her fight skills offensively to beat someone up. She definitely can use them defensively. If she's under physical attack, then sure, kick the living you know what out of her assailant. Anne Lucas might be a candidate there. She comes across evil enough to resort to violence.

This is not to say I wouldn't immensely enjoy an Eva-Corrine cat fight. But what I'd relish would be Eva grabbing hold of that waist-length curtain of Corrine's hair, her crowning glory, and give it a hard pull.

I thought the same thing, Georgette, that GidEva finally are taking the advice Dr. Petersen gave them way back in RIY during their first couples counseling session: some abstinence. When he first suggested it, the reason was all GidEva's interactions led to sex, including their fights, and they weren't resolving their fights. Since then, the good doctor has figured out there are some sex-related problems far deeper than them trying to settle fights by f ing.

"Staying out of his bed was going to kill me, but it had to be done." That's what's in Eva's mind in the excerpt. I think they're fighting to create a future where they can share a bed. Gideon has to reach a point where he's not terrified he'll mentally traumatize Eva during one of his violent nightmares. That means therapy has to work. And for couples therapy to work, they have to learn how to resolve their fights outside of bed.

I think he is finally no longer afraid he'll physically harm Eva. Thanks to Krav Maga, she's not physically helpless against someone violent: she's got the self-defense skills to fend someone off, even a strong man like Gideon.

I enjoy the recurring fan fantasy here about Eva finally going all Krav Maga on someone, with Corrine being top of the list. But I honestly don't see Eva using her fight skills offensively to beat someone up. She definitely can use them defensively. If she's under physical attack, then sure, kick the living you know what out of her assailant. Anne Lucas might be a candidate there. She comes across evil enough to resort to violence.

This is not to say I wouldn't immensely enjoy an Eva-Corrine cat fight. But what I'd relish would be Eva grabbing hold of that waist-length curtain of Corrine's hair, her crowning glory, and give it a hard pull.

Maybe a hard pull of that "waist-length curtain would jerk that bi@@@ back to reality and on a plane back to France LOL!! :)