One with You

Gaia

Fortunately, Sylvia gets a lot more love than hassling on Facebook, and devoted fans always jump to her defense if complainers cross the line from whining to full-on b i t c h i n g.

She's really good to us fans. She gives us snippets and teasers, and she travels the world to meet fans in person at book signings, events and conferences.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was looking at the quote that someone tweeted about Gideon saying "My father destroyed countless lives, but he taught me how to ride a

bike and to sign my name with pride"

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't know of any four year that can sign his name (no matter how brillant he is). His father

may have "shown" him how he signs his name, but I can't see a child doing it. The bike riding is a stretch too, maybe he had training

wheels.

Had to do something....still just waiting patiently for a release date for OWY. Come on Penguin get with the program!

Hi JM Hope,
I read your comment and I could see Gideon signing his name simply.  I could see a four year old child printing his name letter by letter and taking great pride in that.  I could not see him signing using cursive script or the such, but a little boy printing out his name, yes absolutely.

I personally learned how to read and write when I was three years old.  I had a mom who made it her mission in life to make sure that I had every single opportunity to be exposed to books of all sorts, reading, writing, culture, literature.  My dad still has that ABC Chart up in the family kitchen, that my mom used to teach me how to read and write.

I could also see a little boy riding a bike; either with or without training wheels.  Gideon's ability to ride a bike would be dependent on his ability to maintain his centre of balance.  Each child is different and maybe Gideon was just one of those kids who had a good centre of balance and learned to read/write early on as well.

GiGi

I too was reading and writing at four thanks to my mum.

For Gideon it is obviously important to see some good in his dad, he accepts he was a criminal whose actions affected not only Gideon and Elizabeth's lives, but also the lives of many, many other people. So on top of everything else Gideon feels some guilt for those people, plus no matter what the problem is with his mother (assuming there is something other than her disbelieving his abuse), and despite the fact she re-married, he feels a duty to protect her and ensure she never has to go through the shame of losing her position in society again - hence his support of Vidal records to ensure his stepfather's business continues.

I too was reading and writing at four thanks to my mum.

For Gideon it is obviously important to see some good in his dad, he accepts he was a criminal whose actions affected not only Gideon and Elizabeth's lives, but also the lives of many, many other people. So on top of everything else Gideon feels some guilt for those people, plus no matter what the problem is with his mother (assuming there is something other than her disbelieving his abuse), and despite the fact she re-married, he feels a duty to protect her and ensure she never has to go through the shame of losing her position in society again - hence his support of Vidal records to ensure his stepfather's business continues.

That is why we love Gideon ( and of course Eva ).... he thinks more of other people than he does of himself!!

Twitter feed is back and I can log on via PC so I suspect we were viewing this during the upgrade of the forum.  Plus posting in here seems much easier, I wasn't able to use the formatting before without playing around with settings whilst posting, now it looks as if things may be simpler.  I'm going to add a totally irrelevant photo just to test if I can (well it will be David Gandy so slightly relevant :huh:

0a983cdf5a4be92ce51dbf4a56e9ffe7.jpg

well, the website is almost back to normal....hurray....still looks different, but at least the tweets show up..... the community section which used to be at the bottom of page is still missing.    .if her web people want to do anything, they should update her Sylviaday.com website...   hasn't been updated since 3/2/15   Her coming soon page should at least mention OWY

Edited by jmhope

well, the website is almost back to normal....hurray....still looks different, but at least the tweets show up..... the community section which used to be at the bottom of page is still missing.    .if her web people want to do anything, they should update her Sylviaday.com website...   hasn't been updated since 3/2/15   Her coming soon page should at least mention OWY

Perhaps Sylvia can ask Gideon to "get his people onto it" .........or is Gideon not talking to Sylvia this week!

And magically most things appear, including One With You now on the Coming Soon page - no cover yet, no details but at least it is now showing as coming soon rather than nothing whatsoever. 

​will wonders never cease!!!  I guess someone is monitoring this website and what we say or maybe Gideon's people did get on it (like it was mentioned in a previous post)

At least this is a step in the right direction!!

This site upgrade might be an early sign we're about to get the release date of One With You. The amount of activity by members and views by guests will go through the roof when we find out the date and keep going up to release date. Then the site will go absolutely crazy when we all read the book.

It's nearly May now. June is a popular month to release novels: in time for the summer vacation reading season. Well, summer reading in the northern hemisphere I should say. Lots of Aussie fans Down Under and in South America too.  South Africa as well. If the book is coming in June, some of us can sit on a summer beach with Gideon and others curl up by a winter fire.

I have not been to Sylvia's page in months and was surprised to see the excerpt and the One With You on the coming soon page. I'm so excited I can't wait hopefully it will not be too long but I don't care I Iove, love this series. Everyone on this forum is truly a fan and I enjoy reading your insights and theories. I haven't posted much but I will dive in on the last book. Its great knowing that I'm not the only one totally obsessed with these books.

I have not been to Sylvia's page in months and was surprised to see the excerpt and the One With You on the coming soon page. I'm so excited I can't wait hopefully it will not be too long but I don't care I Iove, love this series. Everyone on this forum is truly a fan and I enjoy reading your insights and theories. I haven't posted much but I will dive in on the last book. Its great knowing that I'm not the only one totally obsessed with these books.

I agree! I'm hoping we don't have to wait 8 months for One With You to be released! I'm going to reread them again.

I thought I would start a discussion on the different things that may be brought up or solved with One With You.  I was wondering how the Victor / Monica situation will be handled,  Do you think they will be together at the end or stay apart.   You have to feel for Richard  either way.

I agree Seattle. Let's chat about things we can control as opposed to talking about the lack of a release date which we can't control.  As for Victor and Monica, i hope Victor and Monica both get their heads on straight.  In the future they will be seeing alot of each other as Gideva marry and have a family.  I cant imagine Victor missing out on raising his grandchildren since he regrets missing out on so much of Eva's life.  I even predict a move to NYC for him at some point so the both of them will just have to put it all behind them and move forward for Eva's sake.

My suspicious mind has always thought Monica had some "unsavoury" dealings in the past - not of her own making - perhaps relating to the "whale" husband. This ties in with Gideon and his history of gambling for money and investing in the industry. And the murder cover-up.

For Monica,  Victor was not an option - committed to money not love. Husband #1 had a deviant son.....end of marriage. Husband #2 was the gambler....perhaps the reason this marriage ended. Husband #3 Richard is her safe house. He is smitten with her and indulges her. I don't think she will give that up.

I can't see Monica being an option for Victor, even though there is (probably always will be) strong chemistry there. On her watch, young Eva was repeatedly raped, and when the chips are down, Monica has always put money first. Her finest moment was walking away from her first marriage soon as she found out what happened to Eva, but still, she sued the pants off her first husband for millions of dollars Eva hasn't touched.

Monica doesn't deserve Victor.