One with You

Gaia

I am a bit confused, so please accept my apology, however it seems like some people on here seem upset that we are just hearing about Grey and that it is being released really soon.  I was THRILLED when I heard about this, I personally, really hate when we hear about an upcoming book that is months and months away.  I would rather hear about it when it is only a couple weeks or even a month away.  The waiting game is hard, but it's even harder when we do get a date and it is in the far future.  

Please explain why the quick release is such a bad thing.

Also, I think that Erica (E.L. James) and Sylvia have a good relationship and that Sylvia would want her own spotlight and allow Erica her's as well.  I wouldn't see it as a competition. 

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

excited about the quick release date too!!  Thoroughly enjoyed his POV at the end of Fifty Shades Freed.....  Saw that CBY was released in Finland on her website, so I guess the hold up for OWY is that CBY hasn't been released "world wide" yet. 

"I just called Barnes & Noble and was told there is no record of a 5th book registered in the next year! ! There is another book of hers scheduled for April 2016. Definitely irritated now!"  ---> someone just posted this on FB. Is it true that authors have to put a record out far in advance of a book?

Well I wonder if any of the booksellers knew the E L James book was to be released?  Although I suspect companies as big as Penguin do give dates out well in advance, the release dates for Sylvia Day's Crossfire books have pretty much always been dogged with delays.  She made it clear with Captivated By You that no date would be given unless it was THE date of release.  Some sites did the book to their sites with an incorrect release date, lots of people commented on her Facebook about that and SD arranged for those sites to remove the incorrect data.

As to One with You, Good Reads had it down as being out in July but that was removed once pointed out on Facebook.  One thing that worries me is that the once CBY was released she began a 'chapter a day' read of the previous books, if that is to be done again this time there's a heck of a lot of days to wait.

SD has a lot of books due to be written/released plus she's recently done quite a lot of travelling to signings and conventions so the time to actually sit down and write must be limited for her at the moment. 

She's posted pictures on social media of her laptop open on airline flights. This tells me she makes excellent use of her time on planes and waiting in airports, taking the time to write. I'd guess taking the time to read as well, because all good novelists are bookworms.

• 2 weeks later...

The second OWY excerpt is available. Go and read it if you haven't! 

http://www.sylviaday.com/2015/06/15/one-with-you-excerpt-2/

image.jpg

​There's a small discussion of this on the One With You Teasers thread. 

Here's another idea about why Gideon let Corrine into his office and frosted the glass ... Corrine was there to show him old pictures of the two of them together. Was Gideon about to bring out the pictures of him and Eva marrying? Show Corrine the marriage certificate? He showed that stuff to Brett in his office. Does Gideon keep those copies in his desk? Maybe he was ready to hit Corrine with proof of the marriage, but by chance Eva's arrival interrupted him. Eva was there, so he instantly dropped everything to greet her, touch her, had eyes for only her and all but forgot there was anyone else present.

The first time I read the excerpt, I practically wanted to smack Gideon, like Eva did that day when she barged into his office thinking he'd just finished a nooner with Corrine. But reading it again and thinking about it, I recalled Gideon has a reason for everything he does. Corrine's trying to hurt Eva. He'll do anything to stop anyone from hurting Eva. So he had a reason for admitting his ex to the inner sanctum of his office, and whatever he planned to do, he was going to do without witnesses being able to see through the glass. He kicked Nathan's you know what in his office the day that monster showed up unannounced planning to hurt Eva with pictures.

Turns out your idea was some what correct. Reading the scene from Gideon's POV is almost exactly what you predicted (kudos).

With all the garbage that Sylvia is getting on the release dates of her books I can 100% see how Erika would want to keep Gray under wraps until it was ready to go.   Why subject herself to the name calling and all the other stuff Sylvia has had to tolerate.

With all the garbage that Sylvia is getting on the release dates of her books I can 100% see how Erika would want to keep Gray under wraps until it was ready to go.   Why subject herself to the name calling and all the other stuff Sylvia has had to tolerate.

​I can't believe some of the vitriol I have read pointed at this author, never seen it aimed at any other author whose books are delayed for whatever reason.  I know everyone is anxious to finish reading the Crossfire story but there is little excuse for the level of rudeness coming from some readers.  I even read on one site that any reader who actually liked Captivated By You and supports the author is basically an idiot.  Seems that, despite the fact that each person has their own opinion of the book, it's only the opinion of some who disliked it that counts.  Plus they think the author is messing around with her audience - no idea why any author would do that or why any reader would assume an author was messing up. 

I guess whatever has been said in the past by any author is subject to change for reasons which are beyond their or the publishers control.  It may be that Penguin wanted to hold back this book until after the E L James was published, that was obviously planned some time in advance as everything was in place for the e-book, physical book and audio book all to release on the same day, and that takes more than the time we had between the announcement and publication. 

Some still cannot get over the fact there will be 5 books rather than the 3 that seem to have been originally planned.   I didn't get Bared to You until a couple of months after publication and only ever saw it advertised as part of the Crossfire Series.  Oddly the Amazon description of the third book (which was published after the announcement there would be 5 books as mentioned at the end of the book) says "The sizzling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling Crossfire Trilogy following Bared to You and Reflected in You!"  Bared to You and Reflected in You both only refer to the Crossfire Series.  Whatever the case, being someone who has enjoyed reading all four books so far, I am more than happy that there are 5 books in the series, and wouldn't mind an occasional novella appearing perhaps focussing on Cary but telling us more about Gideon and Eva's future life together.

Turns out your idea was some what correct. Reading the scene from Gideon's POV is almost exactly what you predicted (kudos).

​Thanks, Beans! My lucky/educated guess that Gideon had a specific reason for admitting Corrine into his office for privacy stemmed from what Sylvia has said repeatedly: Gideon does everything for a reason. Still, the snippet stunned me that Gideon actually told Corrine he was married.

What I did not see coming, however, was Corrine's too-calm reaction to seeing a wedding photo. As always, Sylvia makes us wonder why and worry about what's coming next. Did Corrine not believe Gideon? After all, Brett thought the whole wedding was bulls*** and not legally binding. Too, when Eva showed up, ending Corrine's meeting with Gideon, Scott introduced her over the intercom as "Ms. Trammell." So maybe Corrine took that as "proof" she's not really Eva Cross.

I hope Corrine doesn't turn vindictive and start publicly discussing those couple of weeks Gideon mislead her about his feelings for her. Those weeks that included the crucial days he used her as a cover while planning and carrying out Nathan's killing. If she raises questions about Gideon's whereabouts any time the night of the Kingsman Vodka event, that could be big trouble.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait for the next book!!! But I'll patiently wait as long as it takes. I'm sure that had Sylvia had her way, we'd already have it. And anyone who gives her heat because the publisher hasn't announced the release date yet loses the right to call themselves a fan. Real fans don't trash favorite authors.

​Thanks, Beans! My lucky/educated guess that Gideon had a specific reason for admitting Corrine into his office for privacy stemmed from what Sylvia has said repeatedly: Gideon does everything for a reason. Still, the snippet stunned me that Gideon actually told Corrine he was married.

What I did not see coming, however, was Corrine's too-calm reaction to seeing a wedding photo. As always, Sylvia makes us wonder why and worry about what's coming next. Did Corrine not believe Gideon? After all, Brett thought the whole wedding was bulls*** and not legally binding. Too, when Eva showed up, ending Corrine's meeting with Gideon, Scott introduced her over the intercom as "Ms. Trammell." So maybe Corrine took that as "proof" she's not really Eva Cross.

I hope Corrine doesn't turn vindictive and start publicly discussing those couple of weeks Gideon mislead her about his feelings for her. Those weeks that included the crucial days he used her as a cover while planning and carrying out Nathan's killing. If she raises questions about Gideon's whereabouts any time the night of the Kingsman Vodka event, that could be big trouble.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait for the next book!!! But I'll patiently wait as long as it takes. I'm sure that had Sylvia had her way, we'd already have it. And anyone who gives her heat because the publisher hasn't announced the release date yet loses the right to call themselves a fan. Real fans don't trash favorite authors.

Well said Lighthouse! I totally agree with everything you said. Now you've got me thinking about Corrine and what she might do with that information. Although only a handful of people know about the marrage & if the news leaks Gideva knws who to look at. She already has him P O'ed about the book and hurting Eva with it, I would think she wouldn't want to throw anymore gasoline to that fire but hey she is a woman on a mission so look out!

Edited by Beans01

So with the SCOTUS ruling today, I wonder if Trey and Carry would be celebrating if they make it together to 2015. I mean, they are still in 2013....

​I can see them getting married in 2013 (by then, same sex marriage was legal in New York State), having shared custody of Cary's child, and today celebrating a big day in civil rights. Or something along those lines would be nice.

I don't remember who it was who suggested this but I agree that Ireland's mysterious boyfriend is the son of Ryan Landon, Gideon's business competitor.  Landon's father's name was Eric and Ireland referred to her boyfriend as Rick.  Rick can be a nickname for Eric as well as Richard.  Hope the kid really cares for her and isn't using her to get to Gideon.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been here in ages.  I think I have said all I can say about CBY.  so, I see we still have no release date for OWY.  Annoying.

But I loved that we knew nothing about GREY  and it appeared out of nowhere and fast.  Loved it and read it.But I was annoyed that it really was just book 1.  Problem here is that we know a book is coming.  I really had no idea GREY was really coming out.  Sigh.  I really thought the release was soon when SD started putting dream castings on fb.  Oh well.

I haven't been here in ages.  I think I have said all I can say about CBY.  so, I see we still have no release date for OWY.  Annoying.

But I loved that we knew nothing about GREY  and it appeared out of nowhere and fast.  Loved it and read it.But I was annoyed that it really was just book 1.  Problem here is that we know a book is coming.  I really had no idea GREY was really coming out.  Sigh.  I really thought the release was soon when SD started putting dream castings on fb.  Oh well.

What do you think about the 'Dream Castings?' I really don't like the Julianne Hough option! Amber Heard is a much better choice, IMO. I like Benjamin Bratt for Victor! I pictured him while reading! Henry Cavil is till my Gideon though lol.

All I've got to say, Corrine better go away quick in this book. I really can't read any more about her. It's really ruining it for me. Who acts like that? I understand this is a book, but really? And Anne Lucas too. I was just saying on another thread that I like Gideon's stepdad and Ireland. I want to know what's going to happen w/ him and Gideon's mom.

• 2 weeks later...

Sylvia was involved in a Facebook Q&A session today.  Obviously still no release date news but definitely more of Gideon's  POV in One With You and although that is the last book in the Crossfire series she indicates we may learn more about Gideon and Eva in other books (wonder if that means Blacklist as it is set in the same area but the two books will span far more time than Crossfire).  (She says she has a lot of book hopping characters and Gideon did briefly get mentioned in one book, with Deanna in another.

We will also get another snippet from the book (hope that is soon).

Edited by D500