One with You

Gaia

Does everyone think Corrine will actually release her book? 

I for one do not think Corinne will release her book... If her actions are in fact due to improper meds prescribed by Anne Lucas.  I think Eva will get to the bottom of the conspiracy and Corinne will eventually come to her senses and retreat to France and try to make a go of it with Giroux.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does everyone think Corrine will actually release her book? 

I for one do not think Corinne will release her book... If her actions are in fact due to improper meds prescribed by Anne Lucas.  I think Eva will get to the bottom of the conspiracy and Corinne will eventually come to her senses and retreat to France and try to make a go of it with Giroux.

I don't think Corrine will end up publishing it. I do think, however, might try to mess with Eva's mind one last time by showing her old pictures of Gideon supposedly in love with her (Corrine).

I think back to the chapter in Bared To You, the night Corrine met Eva. I think about that night from Corrine's point of view, including who else was present (Terry Lucas, Anne's husband.)

Corrine managed to monopolize Gideon during dinner, playing "remember when" right in front of a miserable Eva. Then Terry Lucas butted in and Eva stormed off, ditching Gideon. OK, so Gideon ran right after Eva. But the damage was done: Gideon had revealed Eva's insecurities, and Corrine managed to hurt her.

After Eva and then Gideon ran off, Corrine was left with Terry Lucas. Who'd already tried to buy Eva a drink and have a supposed honest talk with Eva about the 'real' Gideon Cross being a monster. What if Terry spoke with Corrine that night, catching her in an upset/vulnerable state? Recommend that she speak with his wife, Anne? That's how Corrine became Anne's patient, and from the first session, Anne planted the notion that Eva's insecurity/jealousy is the weapon Corrine can use to destroy the GidEva relationship? 

Corrine making noise about writing a book and showing Gideon those pictures is still playing out the original dynamic we saw in Bared to You. In Corrine's twisted thinking: convince Gideon still fondly remembers their old relationship, he never stopped loving her (or at least caring for her) and Eva can be driven off?

Well, as One With You opens, it's been a couple of weeks since Corrine got out of the hospital, and presumably the effects of the crazy meds are fading. She might not be completely in her right mind again, but she's no longer bonkers. In the snippet, she found out Gideon married Eva. It might (I hope) be enough to make Corrine throw in the towel. Drop the idea of the book. The other option is she'll now get desperate. Sell the pictures and her story to tabloids to make sure Eva sees those pictures sooner than later?

I still think Deanna is playing both sides. Gideon thinks he's got her managed. But greed and/or revenge is driving Deanna to use Corrine. One way or another, Deanna is going to try an expose of Gideon and make as much money as possible selling the stories.

I look for Gideon to buy the publishing company that will be publishing Corrine's book.  Hopefully problem solved.

Also I believe Eva never really talked to Terry Lucas until RIY while Cary was in the hospital and Eva was writing  that letter to Gideon.  and Sylvia has said that the red head in BTY was NOT Anne Lucas.

I too don't trust Deanna.....she has something up her sleeve.  Gideon beware.

I was wondering from the snippett from OWY . what made Eva finally decided to leave her job.  Wonder if the Langdon Executives put pressure on her to work on their product.

Definitely not Anne at that event, how could it be - she would have been seated with her husband who had joined the table Gideon and Eva were at.  As Sylvia has said she does not really plan the story line ahead but the characters speak to her, it may have been later she decided on the Anne Lucas storyline would evolve and she be a redhead.

I hope once release date is set we again get at least the first chapter to read.  She has promised more snippets.

And who knows, we may have contributed to the delay in publishing - on this site we've publicised which parts of the storyline we would like to see an end to and she may well be adding to her original draft to ensure all that is covered??

I saw Henry Cavill today on LIVE!  I'm getting anxious for the release of OWY and I am sure she will announce its release after Labor Day.  But man!!!  Henry is Gideon!!

Hi jnmclain... I saw that too!!! I was listening to him talking about his movie but all I could think of was Gideon LOL Cant wait to see Man from Uncle so I can drool over him for a couple of hours uninterrupted.    :) :)

I saw Henry Cavill today on LIVE!  I'm getting anxious for the release of OWY and I am sure she will announce its release after Labor Day.  But man!!!  Henry is Gideon!!

Hi jnmclain... I saw that too!!! I was listening to him talking about his movie but all I could think of was Gideon LOL Cant wait to see Man from Uncle so I can drool over him for a couple of hours uninterrupted.    :) :)

And tomorrow on Live! Armie is on there and he is nice look at too. That will be a nice long diversion to watch this weekend LOL!!;)

Edited by jnmclain2
name spelt wrong

How about we talk about another story line!   What job do you think Eva will have at Cross Industries?  Or do you think she will work at Crossroads maybe with Mark and or Cary?

I think the job of being a "fixer" that Gideon proposed to Eva  in EWY sounded like something she would consider and enjoy.  But it seems right now she has discovered Crossroads  and since it seems largely ignored Eva can really make it her own and probably be her own boss with Gideon's guidance of course.

It's hard to imagine all of these story lines will be tied up in this last book. I hope it's like 600 pages. I think the Corrine one will end up being just smoke and her not going through with the actual book. Or she does and nothing comes of it except press. Monica will be planning the wedding so it's not like that will take up many pages since Monica can never get ahold of Eva. The wedding will probably be a rundown like the elopement was, without any minor play by plays. The big focus of this book is Gideon's healing so it seems that would take precedent for face time over the fake wedding they are putting on for the families. I hope the book comes out in November! 

We gotta get Eva and Gideon back to living together.  I assume that will happen petty quickly.  In order for Gideon to heal and get rid of his nightmares he's going to have to face his mother and she's going to have to apologize and explain what happened and why she didn't believe him.  I don't think he can heal and move on without that happening.

Just seen on Twitter that a fan asked if the book would be out this year and Sylvia's reply was "I haven't heard yet, but I'm hoping so!'.  Could that mean it's all in the hands of the publisher?  And if so why the heck are they holding back release, all her other books are on hold till this series is finished with so it's not just fans of Crossfire that are becoming agitated.

We gotta get Eva and Gideon back to living together.  I assume that will happen petty quickly.  In order for Gideon to heal and get rid of his nightmares he's going to have to face his mother and she's going to have to apologize and explain what happened and why she didn't believe him.  I don't think he can heal and move on without that happening.

The relationship with his mother and his half-brother does need resolving.  I've always wondered if there is more to their rift than Gideon has revealed so far, we all know he is sparing with giving out facts.  Why does Christopher accuse Gideon of wanting him dead since the day he was born?  Did something happen early on?  Gideon was obviously traumatised by his father's suicide.  His mother re-marries and it seems his step-father has always liked him so he must have accepted Chris Vidal, but then Christopher is born - was Gideon already having nightmares and did he do something to Christopher - with Christopher then getting some revenge by telling his mom that the therapist had not abused Gideon. 

The fact Elizabeth asked Christopher about the abuse indicates Christopher would have been with Gideon at least some of the time when the therapist was present and we know from Captivated by You that the abuse went on for a year so, as with Eva's abuse, there must have been a fair amount of turning a blind eye to what was happening to him.  I hope we get to learn Angus part in that, nothing is said but the way he speaks to Eva in some scenes indicates he has some knowledge of why Gideon acts as he does.

I agree....as much as I want this book to be perfect and wrap everything up...I'm starting to get crazy antsy to hear when it will release!!  Sitting here today listening to the playlist Sylvia posted from CBY and dying to know how Gideon and Eva's story ends up. 

I just have this sneaking suspicion there is something amiss about the red headed receptionist that works for Gideon...she just seems to be mentioned so many times and it keeps hitting on her being a redhead....I think there must be something to it. 

I definitely wonder as well if Gideon hurt Chris Jr. in one of his nightmares and that is why Chris Jr. told their mom that nothing ever happened with the therapist.  SOOO many things to tie up....and months are ticking by.  I'm trying so hard to be patient...but ack!!!

I also have an odd feeling about the redhead. I think something just isn't right with it.   Why even have a character with red hair in the shadows unless there is some story  lurking around her!   I was thinking that Christopher lied to his mother when she asked him about the abuse to Gideon.  I don't recall witch book it was mentioned in but I remember Elizabeth saying that she asked Christopher if the abuse happened.   We only have a few months left - time will tell!! 

Hopefully this teaser is the start of a regular series prior to an announcement of release date

CNR5TmpUwAA9MAW.jpg

So does this mean Eva's got a hit list? 

Going to pay Corrine another visit because of the book? (I hope so, and I hope there will be pulling of hair)

Another visit to Terry Lucas? (or maybe not - Chris Sr. cleaned the guy's clock).

Visit Anne Lucas at her office? (Scary thought. Don't do it Eva).

March into Vidal Records for a talk with Christopher Jr.? (She let him off too easy before)

Show up at the Vidal estate for another run-in with Elizabeth? (Maybe between Eva and Chris Sr., Elizabeth will finally drop the denial)

Wouldn't it be cool if Eva aligned herself with Arash, working alongside him to protect Gideon's business interests?

Wouldn't it be interesting but scary if Eva approached Deana, started to work with her investigating people in Gideon's dark past, the ones with personal grudges?

• 2 weeks later...

I live in hope she will do an E L James and the book will be announced and released at short notice.  I thought we had a lot more teasers of CBY before release announcement, than we have had for this book (I don't count the cast speculation as teasers for the book as they are for the tv series).  It can't be easy knowing so many people are waiting for this book and not getting it out to them, and having to put up with the comments on Facebook and Good Reads.  Guess we al feel 'entitled' to have this last book asap but in the real world that doesn't always happen. 

Hopefully whatever the reason for the delay means we will get an amazing end to their story.

Another site there has it for 24 November - well we can live in hope but this may just be them putting a fictitious date to enable them to feature the book on their site.

Een met jou | Sylvia Day

Nederlands | Paperback | 2015

Nog niet verschenen - reserveer een exemplaar Beschikbaar op 24-11-2015

Reserveer nu

Zet op verlanglijstje