One with You

Gaia

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It probably won't come out this year since there hasn't been an announcement. If we don't hear anything before the second week in November then it definitely isn't. I wonder what the delay is? Maybe something with the publisher. I remember reading that there was a series called black list or something that was supposed to come out this year after crossfire was finished. I really hope the book isn't tied up in legal stuff and never ends up being published. I have faith in Sylvia though. I do think its funny that a year ago we were thinking the 5th book would be following the 4th shortly and now its about 3 weeks till a year since the 4th one came out and nothing....

Hi, long time since I've been here. Today I read an advertisement for an online bookstore (here in Norway), and they announced that the last book in the Crossfire series will be released November the 16th!!!!!! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed. 

now I've got a message that the book is currently delayed until Feb 15th :( 

Someone in Holland had contacted the publisher when they saw a date of 24 November for publication (I suspect not Penguin US themselves but the publisher in Holland) and was told that date was no longer relevant as the author was still busy writing and not yet given the manuscript to Penguin.  I got that information third hand.  So far the Netherlands is the only place with any publication date mentioned (although at one point a UK site had 29 September as the date but that was removed within 24 hours of it appearing). 

Currently a Dutch site has the release of the translated version as 1 March 2016.  That has been on their site now for a couple of months.  So 15 February could be true, people felt she might have gone for a Valentine's Day release this year but the 50 Shades movie was coming out then - 14 February 2016 is a Sunday so it would make sense to publish on the 15th. 

All of this is, of course, conjecture drawn from possibly incorrect information.  The lack of teasers though could indicate nothing this year - but Penguin may still plan to do a 'Grey' type release.  That worked well for them with the book publishing on the day (unlike Captivated where people were able to get the paperback days before release and start rumours about the story line).

In answer to a question about not replying to fans on Facebook today:

Hi, Angela Gunyan-Oberlin. I do reply, but responding to every comment on all of my social media channels would be a full-time job and I already have a couple of those (mom / writer). So I answer a few here and there when I can. Samara does reply daily, but I think the frustration is that the answer--we don't know anything solid yet--isn't what everyone wants to hear, but it's the truth. We don't have any information to share at this time, but we'll be sure to post once we've got information that is set in stone. Hope this helps!

So she replied to a fan on Twitter that it hasn't been a year since the last one came out (even though it's just 15 days shy) and mentioned some countries haven't received it yet. The website may say 2015 but imagine if she removed that! People would be really upset and really give up faith thinking it would never come out. I wonder if they are just going to drop the book on the shelves without promotion? I read that pre-sale numbers really only matter for first time authors to build revenue and she had a such a strong following that they may just release it without warning. Or we could still be talking about this in 2016 lol.

What about the fact that she hasn't released anything else except CWY in the last two years.  She has other books that have been on the same coming soon list that there are no dates or even year release dates for.  Are they holding everything she has up until OWY is released?  And if they are trying to keep with the 'at least one book a year' lets hope OWY does come out before the end of the year. 

Plus, I think we only had 6 week notice before CWY came out and she still hit number one on 5 different lists.  I think she could debut the cover and the release date the day before and would still be number one on all 5 of those lists again.  She replies to one person on Facebook and this forum knows about it the same day.  She has the reach she needs.  She doesn't need to give us advance notice for us all to panic and go straight online and order the book.

Isn't it just the Crossfire series where Penguin is the publisher?  The comment last year that all other books were on hold so Crossfire could be finished means other publishers have accepted delays for books they are expecting - including the new Blacklist series so Penguin must have a huge command over other publishers if they can demand this of an author.

The details on the 'Coming Soon' One With You page have been extended

"Gideon Cross. Falling in love with him was the easiest thing I've ever done. It happened instantly. Completely. Irrevocably.

Marrying him was a dream come true. Staying married to him is the fight of my life. Love transforms. Ours is both a refuge from the storm and the most violent of tempests. Two damaged souls entwined as one.

We have bared our deepest, ugliest secrets to one another. Gideon is the mirror that reflects all my flaws ... and all the beauty I couldn't see. He has given me everything. Now, I must prove I can be the rock, the shelter for him that he is for me. Together, we could stand against those who work so viciously to come between us.

But our greatest battle may lie within the very vows that give us strength. Committing to love was only the beginning. Fighting for it will either set us free ... or break us apart.

Heartbreakingly and seductively poignant, One with You is the breathlessly awaited finale to the Crossfire® saga, the searing love story that has captivated millions of readers worldwide"

A few things from Facebook:

Question was how we're in 2nd week of November and it has been over a year blah blah  Sylvia CBY released Nov 18 (or later, depending on the territory) so it hasn't been "over" a year quite yet. But it's close and I totally understand the frustration. Waiting sucks. But we've got some things happening, so sit tight and please try to stay positive.

And a post that has now been removed (or hidden) under a photo about an author needing to be fearless

Comment A fearless author doesn't leave readers hanging.  Response Aww come on xxxxxx.  You have to know I'm doing my best under the circumstances.  The waiting is hard for everyone, including me, but being positive makes it much easier to bear.

Edited by D500

‪#‎NewCover‬ ‪#‎ReleaseDate‬ ‪#‎PreOrder‬
THE GIDEON IS COMING BACK!!!! Yes, you heard it right. The final chapter in the Crossfire quintet by Sylvia Day is releasing on 5 April 2016 and we have the COVER and PRE-ORDER LINKS!!!!

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1MOWZvC
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1Ljb1R0
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1Od3N5y
Paperback: http://amzn.to/1MP1art

Crossfire Reading Order ➜ http://wp.me/p2YIUs-6vO
Marrying him was a dream come true. Staying married to him is the fight of my life. Love transforms. Ours is both a refuge from the storm and the most violent of tempests. Two damaged souls entwined as one.

We have bared our deepest, ugliest secrets to one another. Gideon is the mirror that reflects all my flaws ... and all the beauty I couldn't see. He has given me everything. Now, I must prove I can be the rock, the shelter for him that he is for me. Together, we could stand against those who work so viciously to come between us.

But our greatest battle may lie within the very vows that give us strength. Committing to love was only the beginning. Fighting for it will either set us free ... or break us apart.

‪#‎GideonOClock‬ ‪#‎Crossfire‬ ‪#‎AllTimeFaves‬

https://www.facebook.com/natashaisabookjunkie/photos/a.392977440759378.89990.392751420781980/967528733304243/?type=3

12239914_967528733304243_6375815833175106313_n.jpg

Interesting, one of the dates I discovered when the Netherlands publicised the book for a February release was 16 November 2015 (not a release date but an information date), I can't remember which site I found that on but they were pretty accurate.

Pity it is still a long way away, but at least we have the date and will hopefully get teasers.  And plenty of time to do a re-read of the other books a chapter a day.

Sadly I have also seen some people writing that giving this good news just after what happened in Paris was in poor taste.  Unfortunately almost any day there are bad things happening around the world so  in fact any day of the year could be a bad day.  Sadly there will always be those who look to find reason to complain and not be happy.