One with You

Gaia

She's tagged Penguin in her tweet, and there is now a video on her Facebook page which mentions Penguin.

Excerpt - first part of Chapter 1, seems there will be more to follow so its not the full chapter.

http://www.sylviaday.com/books/one-with-you/#excerpt

Edited by D500

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw on Facebook-Penguin for UK, NZ, and about 5 more countries. Can't remember what they were now.

Hurry up April 5th!!!!  :wacko:

When I first looked UK had the other publisher but yes, it is now Penguin.  The book is currently number 10 in  Books contemporary fiction and 15 in Kindle on Amazon.co.uk.

on Amazon.com the paperback is 265 in books overall and 108 in Romance/Contemporary.  But if I click the link to Amazon.com Kindle edition on Sylvia's web site, the book is number 2 in both books and kindle!!!!!

Number 12 in Australia's Amazon Kindle store.

really excited that we finally got a release date.  4/5/2016.  (what happened to having the books coming out one after the other with little time in between?  oh well). 

Really love the cover with their wedding rings.  Eva is one lucky girl to get the band that diamonds go all around..  Gideon's ring is nice too!!.

Loved the first scene in chapter one, can't wait to find out how Eva gives her notice to WF&L.

Now the count down, hope we get lots of snippets and maybe more chapters.  I am really going to be sad when there is no more Crossfire  :(

Just read that new book availed for pre-order so went straight on to kobo site as having been waiting a while for this last instalment. Only to be disappointed as kobo uk does not have it yet. Fingers crossed they will soon

Just read that new book availed for pre-order so went straight on to kobo site as having been waiting a while for this last instalment. Only to be disappointed as kobo uk does not have it yet. Fingers crossed they will soon

It may have been added since you wrote - https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/one-with-you

I am new to comment and am thankful that now I finally can.  I have been wondering myself about "Heartbreakingly and seductively poignant," I have cried, laughed and gasped reading this wonderful series. (Of course I've read them 8 times this year!!) When I read the words from the book description I was nervous that they wouldn't be together forever thank god my friend told me I was overreacting. At least I hope I was overreacting!!

I am new to comment and am thankful that now I finally can.  I have been wondering myself about "Heartbreakingly and seductively poignant," I have cried, laughed and gasped reading this wonderful series. (Of course I've read them 8 times this year!!) When I read the words from the book description I was nervous that they wouldn't be together forever thank god my friend told me I was overreacting. At least I hope I was overreacting!!

No need for you to worry. Sylvia has assured us multiple times about their happily ever after  :)  https://www.instagram.com/p/2tnwyEiEd3/

12241492_10153243169823457_673858920936602415_n eva cross.jpg

12278784_10153243170228457_2345982314571960620_n eva cross mk,l.-.jpg

No need for you to worry. Sylvia has assured us multiple times about their happily ever after  :)  https://www.instagram.com/p/2tnwyEiEd3/

12241492_10153243169823457_673858920936602415_n eva cross.jpg

12278784_10153243170228457_2345982314571960620_n eva cross mk,l.-.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You made my day!!

I am new to comment and am thankful that now I finally can.  I have been wondering myself about

I was a little confused with the ending of the second scene of OWY.   What did Eva mean by saying Corrine's name....she can't be going to confront her now, since she is late for work.  Wonder what kind of advice Monica can give Eva on being the wife that Gideon needs?  I am sure Sylvia will explain everything in time, I was thrilled to receive the second scene, but as I said, I was confused....   Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

I was a little confused with the ending of the second scene of OWY.   What did Eva mean by saying Corrine's name....she can't be going to confront her now, since she is late for work.  Wonder what kind of advice Monica can give Eva on being the wife that Gideon needs?  I am sure Sylvia will explain everything in time, I was thrilled to receive the second scene, but as I said, I was confused....   Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Yes that confused me also. Does that mean when Eva discovers Corinne in Gideon's office it is actually their second run-in of the day? Did Corinne go to see Gideon because of an earlier conversation with Eva? 

Yes that confused me also. Does that mean when Eva discovers Corinne in Gideon's office it is actually their second run-in of the day? Did Corinne go to see Gideon because of an earlier conversation with Eva? 

I understood that Eva wants Monica's advice on how to deal with Corrine. 

Corrine is a problem, and Eva wants to "solve" it. So, during lunch, Eva will have the chance to ask Monica how to deal with a woman who is trying to meddle into her marriage (throwing herself at her husband). I'm sure Monica has some experience with that, considering that she has married rich/handsome men, and will be able to help her.

I don't think Eva will go to see Corrine before work, but later in the book she's going to do something to ged rid of her once and for all.

If the Eva version of the Valentines Day issued scene is the one used then she has not yet spoken to Corinne, after Gideon threw away the photos she thinks about how she fights the urge to see those photos, their exes remaining in the past, but she also thinks 'Which didn't mean that I wasn't going to have a few words with Corinne.'  Gideon is still being fairly nice to Corinne, although seemingly firm.  But (I think) she still thinks she has some 'hold' over him from the past.  Maybe a few even firmer words from Eva might make her finally realise that the past is over and done with and cannot be revived.

Corrine is a problem, and Eva wants to "solve" it. So, during lunch, Eva will have the chance to ask Monica how to deal with a woman who is trying to meddle into her marriage (throwing herself at her husband). I'm sure Monica has some experience with that, considering that she has married rich/handsome men, and will be able to help her.

I don't think Eva will go to see Corrine before work, but later in the book she's going to do something to ged rid of her once and for all.

That makes sense, but the segue does not.  First Eva says to her mom she needs her advice on how to be a better wife to Gideon.  Then on to her Mom asking if either one is having an affair.  Then Eva tells her mom that they eloped several weeks ago.  I chuckled when Monica asks if they got married without a pre-nup, then is upset when no one has gone over it.  Loved Eva's reply "a six year could have understood that pre-nup"  which is true....she got 10 million up front just for saying "I do"  then it only got better.Then Eva says they could meet for lunch, she has to hurry to get ready for work, and then Eva says Corrine's name.  Just saying, the segue is off.

Edited by jmhope

That makes sense, but the segue does not.  First Eva says to her mom she needs her advice on how to be a better wife to Gideon.  Then on to her Mom asking if either one is having an affair.  Then Eva tells her mom that they eloped several weeks ago.  I chuckled when Monica asks if they got married without a pre-nup, then is upset when no one has gone over it.  Loved Eva's reply "a six year could have understood that pre-nup"  which is true....she got 10 million up front just for saying "I do"  then it only got better.Then Eva says they could meet for lunch, she has to hurry to get ready for work, and then Eva says Corrine's name.  Just saying, the segue is off.

I just re-read it again and it's quite ambiguous.  My first thought this time though was saying Corinne's name was enough to deflect Monica's attention away from the fact that Eva & Gideon eloped. This distraction allowed her to escape the room & delay the rest of the conversation. What do you think? 

If the Eva version of the Valentines Day issued scene is the one used then she has not yet spoken to Corinne, after Gideon threw away the photos she thinks about how she fights the urge to see those photos, their exes remaining in the past, but she also thinks 'Which didn't mean that I wasn't going to have a few words with Corinne.'  Gideon is still being fairly nice to Corinne, although seemingly firm.  But (I think) she still thinks she has some 'hold' over him from the past.  Maybe a few even firmer words from Eva might make her finally realise that the past is over and done with and cannot be revived.

That is a very good point D500. Which version did you prefer? Personally I hope she uses Gideon's version! I have been looking forward to the time when Corinne finds out Gideon is married, and while we didn't quite get the dramatic reaction (yet) that I've been hoping for, I really enjoyed reading it! I think there are probably many people out there who read the books but do not necessarily check the website for excerpts or release info. I think they would appreciate this version most also. 

Which did you prefer? 

I just re-read it again and it's quite ambiguous.  My first thought this time though was saying Corinne's name was enough to deflect Monica's attention away from the fact that Eva & Gideon eloped. This distraction allowed her to escape the room & delay the rest of the conversation. What do you think? 

That is a very good point D500. Which version did you prefer? Personally I hope she uses Gideon's version! I have been looking forward to the time when Corinne finds out Gideon is married, and while we didn't quite get the dramatic reaction (yet) that I've been hoping for, I really enjoyed reading it! I think there are probably many people out there who read the books but do not necessarily check the website for excerpts or release info. I think they would appreciate this version most also. 

Which did you prefer? 

I think she should print both versions as it was good seeing the same scene from both points of view.  I'd choose Gideon's POV as I think it was important we saw how he dealt with Corinne, rather than we read Eva's interpretation of what she saw.  We're moving forwards with Gideon's story now, just feel we need to hear more about his recovery from him.  I am looking forward to reading how Eva deals with Corinne and Anne Lucas - wonder if Anne will ever find out what Hugh did and just why Gideon treated her as he did, and her husband needs dealing with (I know Gideon's step-father visited him but surely there has to be some closure for Gideon and Eva over Lucas' lies about a child.

I, too, liked both versions, but I really enjoyed Gideon's POV.  I love the interaction he has with Arash, and we get more insight of Gideon's life before Eva.  Like when Arash, said that during Cinco de Mayo Gideon tagged two women and then a few weeks later, he is having Arash draw up an insane pre-nup.  During CBY it was nice "meeting" Gideon's friends.  I am still wondering if the Cinco de Mayo blowout was at his "f**kpad" hotel, cause that is the only place that he had consensual sex.

Edited by jmhope

Yes the name "CORINNE GIROUX" was definitely a successful distraction technique...brilliant on Eva's part lol... Monica latched onto that immediately and the wheels started turning!! I cant wait to read about MONICA AND EVA'S lunch.  I hope they have a very private booth in a quiet restaurant because Im sure Monica already has a plan for how to deal with clueless exes!!