One with You

Gaia

Ok I just read the new excerpt and I have to agree that Eva use Corinne as a distraction for her to slip away and get ready for work. This gives her a chance to leave and something for Monica to think about. We know from the Valentine's Day excerpts that they will see each other a Gideon's office but we do not know what advice Monica gave Eva over lunch so maybe what we will see is Eva beginning to put their plan into motion. I'm just guessing here but who knows, I'm just happy and excited to get the chance to speculate and I love reading these little tidbits!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone on Twitter said that Gideon and Eva breakup!! Please tell me this isn't true? I know I have asked this before and was told no that Sylvia Day has them having a happily ever after. But I really need to know they stay together because it will truly crush my heart!!  :(I know Sylvia tweeted that "Soon we'll see the last kiss in #OneWithYou. Do you remember their first one?" But I'm hoping that she's referring to it being the end of the series.

Someone on Twitter said that Gideon and Eva breakup!! Please tell me this isn't true? I know I have asked this before and was told no that Sylvia Day has them having a happily ever after. But I really need to know they stay together because it will truly crush my heart!!  :(I know Sylvia tweeted that "Soon we'll see the last kiss in #OneWithYou. Do you remember their first one?" But I'm hoping that she's referring to it being the end of the series.

Hopefully Sylvia wouldn't do that to us, she did promise a HEA.  Their first kiss was in his office, after she had lunch with Stanton and found out they were tracking her cell phone.  She was really P**sed .  That kiss was something else, it ended up with them on the couch!!!  Then Scott over the intercom said his next meeting was waiting.

Edited by jmhope

Was it this tweet "Cynthia Nieves ‏@cnieves099 16h16 hours ago

@SylDay Please tell me Gideon and Eva will breakup in the end. I just couldn't handle it."

If so I think the lady posting has missed out the word 'not' between will and break up.

Every book in this series ends on a reasonably happy note, no real cliffhanger, the couple are always together so how would the fifth book be any different?  The worst scenario Eva goes with Brett (who she has already decided has no comparison to Gideon) and Gideon with Corinne (who he has repeatedly rejected). 

Gideon and Eva are married, certainly in his eyes the marriage is for ever.

At the moment no-one other than the author, her editors and proof readers know what will happen in the final book but I'm pretty sure the last kiss referred to will be the end scene of the book with Gideon and Eva kissing as they start the rest of their life together (possibly an epilogue a few years later with children).

Don't believe any rumours you read between now and the release date.  Last year some copies of the paperback of CBY were sent out earlier than they should and one person reached the scene where Gideon thought he saw Eva with Brett and immediately posted that Eva cheated on Gideon.  Sadly they never came back to apologise and tell people that by reading further in the chapter the truth would be revealed so a lot of people thought they broke up then.  Even when Eva runs from Gideon (despite her promises not to!!) she is still in love with him and in that last leaving at the end of CBY part of her intent was, I believe, to force his hand and let go of his past to Dr Peterson so he could finally begin to heal.  She knew that talking to a counsellor had helped her learn to live with what happened and she knows from his nightmares that Gideon needs to talk to someone properly about what happened.  It was bad enough that his father had committed suicide, then his mother re-marries and has more children, events which can also be traumatic for an already traumatised child hence the anger he showed.  Then the treatment for his anger turns into yet another trauma for him and his mother seemingly rejects him by disbelieving him.  He's buried all of that and shown considerable strength in getting on with life and being successful in business, but that is not enough.

I cannot see Sylvia Day splitting this couple up after all she has written about them, from the outset they were meant to be together but had to work towards the full happy ever after and this fifth book is going to take us to that.

Hopefully Sylvia wouldn't do that to us, she did promise a HEA.  Their first kiss was in his office, after she had lunch with Stanton and found out they were tracking her cell phone.  She was really P**sed .  That kiss was something else, it ended up with them on the couch!!!  Then Scott over the intercom said his next meeting was waiting.

Thank you, I remember that scene very well.  One of several of my favorite parts!!

This is my first time to post on here, and if this topic has been talked about before I apologizes. Do you think Christopher Jr was also abused by Hugh? Their mother said he was there and said nothing happened. Christopher was so young 5/6 years old. Just something I thought about after re-reading the books again a few weeks ago.  

Was it this tweet "Cynthia Nieves ‏@cnieves099 16h16 hours ago

@SylDay Please tell me Gideon and Eva will breakup in the end. I just couldn't handle it."

If so I think the lady posting has missed out the word 'not' between will and break up.

Every book in this series ends on a reasonably happy note, no real cliffhanger, the couple are always together so how would the fifth book be any different?  The worst scenario Eva goes with Brett (who she has already decided has no comparison to Gideon) and Gideon with Corinne (who he has repeatedly rejected). 

Gideon and Eva are married, certainly in his eyes the marriage is for ever.

At the moment no-one other than the author, her editors and proof readers know what will happen in the final book but I'm pretty sure the last kiss referred to will be the end scene of the book with Gideon and Eva kissing as they start the rest of their life together (possibly an epilogue a few years later with children).

Don't believe any rumours you read between now and the release date.  Last year some copies of the paperback of CBY were sent out earlier than they should and one person reached the scene where Gideon thought he saw Eva with Brett and immediately posted that Eva cheated on Gideon.  Sadly they never came back to apologise and tell people that by reading further in the chapter the truth would be revealed so a lot of people thought they broke up then.  Even when Eva runs from Gideon (despite her promises not to!!) she is still in love with him and in that last leaving at the end of CBY part of her intent was, I believe, to force his hand and let go of his past to Dr Peterson so he could finally begin to heal.  She knew that talking to a counsellor had helped her learn to live with what happened and she knows from his nightmares that Gideon needs to talk to someone properly about what happened.  It was bad enough that his father had committed suicide, then his mother re-marries and has more children, events which can also be traumatic for an already traumatised child hence the anger he showed.  Then the treatment for his anger turns into yet another trauma for him and his mother seemingly rejects him by disbelieving him.  He's buried all of that and shown considerable strength in getting on with life and being successful in business, but that is not enough.

I cannot see Sylvia Day splitting this couple up after all she has written about them, from the outset they were meant to be together but had to work towards the full happy ever after and this fifth book is going to take us to that.

Thank you, yes that was the tweet.  Sorry for the delay I did respond early this morning however my computer froze and it did not go through.  I thought that the person left out the word "not" but I just wanted another opinion.  I appreciate you responding to me.  I have read this series 7-8 times since February and absolutely love it!! Gideon and Eva keep me going, it's a great way to escape. My daughter told me to read the series and since I did I have become an avid reader.  I have read all of the post since February and enjoy everyone's pov. I know life is not always happy ever after, but they need one. The love they have for one another is absolutely wonderful.  I know I'll be reading it a couple of more times before OWY is released and then will continue to reread them again and again.  

This is my first time to post on here, and if this topic has been talked about before I apologizes. Do you think Christopher Jr was also abused by Hugh? Their mother said he was there and said nothing happened. Christopher was so young 5/6 years old. Just something I thought about after re-reading the books again a few weeks ago.  

Welcome to the group!!   To the best of my knowledge, we don't know for sure if Christopher was abused.  We do know that Christopher thinks that Gideon hates him and would love to really hurt him.  I just think that Christopher is just jealous, but he could have been abused  ( we just don't know).  I am still waiting to find out when and how Gideon's abuse stopped.  Maybe when we do we can get an idea about Christopher.

In the last chapter of CBY Gideon tells Eva don't leave me and Eva replies I don't know how to leave you.  This is so true... Both of them over the few short months they have been together have formed an unbreakable bond...with their shared histories and of course the Nathan secret; there is no doubt their marriage is forever and as Gideon states they will grow old together and not live another day without each other... They have certainly earned it so I think there is no doubt about a happy ending.  As for Christopher I think that Sylvia likes to rehabilitate her characters so to speak so I think we may get Christopher's backstory and learn what drives him and perhaps like him a little more lol.  As for Corinne even though she is a mighty jealous ex lol she is not evil so I think Eva and Monica will take care of her and the readers will like that conclusion.  My only problem in the next book is Anne Lucas.  She is diabolical and evil and I could see her possibly trying to push Eva out in the throngs of Manhattan traffic so I hope Eva watches her back because of course Gideon, Raul and Angus will be too. I dont think there is any way to rehabilitate Anne Lucas though; she is bad to the bone...hopefully she will be put away in a psychiatric hospital which would be quite  poetic justice for her.  Btw welcome to all new members and old...hope we can fire up this blog again!!

I was trying to figure out how I would like the Monica / Richard  / Victor story line to end.   So would you like Monica to end up with Stanton or Victor?

if Monica is so concerned about money, she should stay with Richard Stanton.  I think she would only make Victor miserable by not being able to attend functions like she has in the past.

Edited by jmhope

My gut feeling is she should stay with Stanton.  She surely has some feelings for him, it can't just be the money that she is there for.  She may still after Victor but he seems to have had a successful life on his own and I suspect would be better off remaining that way. 

My gut feeling is she should stay with Stanton.  She surely has some feelings for him, it can't just be the money that she is there for.  She may still after Victor but he seems to have had a successful life on his own and I suspect would be better off remaining that way. 

I agree with you. I hope Victor can find love again.  On a different topic and I believe this may have been mentioned before but I don't remember there being an answer, maybe you will know or if anybody else may know, but in OWY when Eva leaves the hotel after finding all of his "toys" and she's sitting in the restaurant when Gideon finds her he says that he can't be seen there do we know why? I'm thinking it's because of the mogul that he is but I'm not sure.  Any thoughts?

I agree with you. I hope Victor can find love again.  On a different topic and I believe this may have been mentioned before but I don't remember there being an answer, maybe you will know or if anybody else may know, but in OWY when Eva leaves the hotel after finding all of his "toys" and she's sitting in the restaurant when Gideon finds her he says that he can't be seen there do we know why? I'm thinking it's because of the mogul that he is but I'm not sure.  Any thoughts?

I think it was because he was upset with himself because Eva found that stuff and he was so relieved when he found her that he couldn't handle all of his feelings and he just wanted to be alone with her and make things right. 

I think it was because he was upset with himself because Eva found that stuff and he was so relieved when he found her that he couldn't handle all of his feelings and he just wanted to be alone with her and make things right. 

They were also in an area where Gideon would be recognised, remember that he has just experienced good s*x for probably the first time at the f**kpad with someone he already knows he cares for and she has seen the tools he has resorted to using with other women.  He's upset, wants to make things right, he's making the decision to actually take her to his apartment which must have been a huge thing for him to do, and doesn't want the paparazzi to see him in that state. 

(PC Problems, had to re-boot so following on to my last comment)

I'm wondering if we are going to be given more information about how Gideon treated his previous women, we've already had a glimpse of what he got up to with Anne and I suspect that was the worst, but am I right to think that a lot of his involvement with other women was 'tasting' them and using toys rather than a full sexual relationship???  Not Corinne as I suspect he had the full works there but always in the f**kpad.

Having discovered Eva he's pretty much catching up on the last few years :)

I've never got into a book series in the way I have with this one, once that final book is out and we've dissected it and discussed every aspect I shall be at a bit of a loss :)

Ok thank you I understand what you are saying. 

They were also in an area where Gideon would be recognised, remember that he has just experienced good s*x for probably the first time at the f**kpad with someone he already knows he cares for and she has seen the tools he has resorted to using with other women.  He's upset, wants to make things right, he's making the decision to actually take her to his apartment which must have been a huge thing for him to do, and doesn't want the paparazzi to see him in that state. 

(PC Problems, had to re-boot so following on to my last comment)

I'm wondering if we are going to be given more information about how Gideon treated his previous women, we've already had a glimpse of what he got up to with Anne and I suspect that was the worst, but am I right to think that a lot of his involvement with other women was 'tasting' them and using toys rather than a full sexual relationship???  Not Corinne as I suspect he had the full works there but always in the f**kpad.

Having discovered Eva he's pretty much catching up on the last few years :)

I've never got into a book series in the way I have with this one, once that final book is out and we've dissected it and discussed every aspect I shall be at a bit of a loss :)

I am in the same boat as you, I've never been into a series like this one either. I will be at a loss also but I'll just continue to reread all of them over and over again. I'm at 9 times (maybe 10) since reading for the first time in March of this year. I agree with what you state about him being upset especially because he never showed his true feelings before Eva.

Does any one remember when Sylvia said that Eva and Gideon were "born".  Thought I remember reading somewhere that Gideon was a Virgo which is 8-23 through 9-22 (hopefully there will be a little party for Gideon in OWY) and that Eva was an Aries which is 3-21 through 4-19.  If so, maybe the release date of  April 5 is Eva's "birthdate"...Just thinking, just like the release of Grey was 6-18 Christian's b'day. (I know different author)

So far enjoying the 12 days of GidEva !!!

Does any one remember when Sylvia said that Eva and Gideon were "born".  Thought I remember reading somewhere that Gideon was a Virgo which is 8-23 through 9-22 (hopefully there will be a little party for Gideon in OWY) and that Eva was an Aries which is 3-21 through 4-19.  If so, maybe the release date of  April 5 is Eva's "birthdate"...Just thinking, just like the release of Grey was 6-18 Christian's b'day. (I know different author)

So far enjoying the 12 days of GidEva !!!

I'm sorry I don't remember. If I do find it I'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would try a new topic:   Who do you think will be in the wedding party?  For Eva's side, I think of course Cary, and Ireland.  Probably maybe Megumi and Shawna.  For Gideon's side, Angus as best man, Arnoldo, Arash and maybe Manual.  But I can't figure out how the walk out would go?  What with Cary being male; I personally don't know how those things work out when a guy is on the bride's side.  This may make the wedding party too large for a just friends and family wedding.  Hopefully Gideon's family will show up (maybe not Christopher) and we know Eva has her mom and her father.  Victor will be walking her down the aisle!!

Any ideas?  We have to think of something to keep us occupied until April 5, 2016.

On 1/1/2016 at 0:55 AM, patricia-ann said:

Thank you Sylvia Happy New Year!! ????????????

I, too, enjoyed the New Year's excerpt, but I am greedy, wish we had the rest of Chapter one!!  Thanks again Sylvia, a little is better than nothing.