One with You

Gaia

I had to do a little research on the "man of honor" but it doesn't seem like a problem so I agree that it will be Cary.  Gideon on the other hand is something else.   I've  wondered about this before and I thought  it would be between Arash and Arnoldo - Angus never even entered my mind.  There's also Chris and Christopher to think about.    I assume that they will both be there but not in the wedding.   Considering how Arnoldo feels about Eva I'll put my dime on Arash as best man.  Angus has already been a witness at one wedding!!

So this is my guess

Eva's man of honor will be Cary; attendant Ireland

Gideon's best man Arash, then Arnoldo

Remember that the wedding is going to be small and on the beach.  So they won't have a huge attendance or members of the wedding party.   So I assumed that the reception will be back in NY?

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully Gideon's relationship with his mother will have defrosted a little by the time the wedding takes place.

I'm wondering if he is going to be able to forgive her for not supporting him in the past, somehow I don't think Eva will be able to completely solve that problem, nor his relationship with Christopher - that's one part of the storyline I'd rather not see resolved by a quick forgive and forget scenario which would just be too 'cute' - I can see from other sites that readers want the usual HEA of kids and although that should definitely be something for this couple's future, some readers want Eva to be pregnant now - they've only been together for something like three months, they need a chance to be a couple before children come along.

I think Arash as best man because of the Arnoldo situation.

jmhope: Thank you for starting a new topic.  I enjoy reading these. I Think it will be Cary as the man-of-honor and Ireland, I think Megumi and Shawna will not be in the wedding party but will be attending the wedding and reception.  As for Gideon's best man I really think it will be Angus (even though he stood up for him already) and and the groomsman Arash.  Arnoldo does not like Eva but I think will attend both the wedding and reception as well as Manual.  I hope if Christopher and Elizabeth go to the wedding neither one of them cause a scene. Eva would kick them out haha.  It is way too soon for them to have children, maybe in the Epilogue she could become pregnant and have children.  I can not wait for more from Chapter One. Hurry up April!!

I don't remember who it was who suggested this but I agree that Ireland's mysterious boyfriend is the son of Ryan Landon, Gideon's business competitor.  Landon's father's name was Eric and Ireland referred to her boyfriend as Rick.  Rick can be a nickname for Eric as well as Richard.  Hope the kid really cares for her and isn't using her to get to Gideon.

14 minutes ago, carolc1001 said:

I don't remember who it was who suggested this but I agree that Ireland's mysterious boyfriend is the son of Ryan Landon, Gideon's business competitor.  Landon's father's name was Eric and Ireland referred to her boyfriend as Rick.  Rick can be a nickname for Eric as well as Richard.  Hope the kid really cares for her and isn't using her to get to Gideon.

Maybe that will be the solution  to that story line - the Cross family and the Landon family bury the hatchet for the sake of the children?

1 hour ago, patricia-ann said:

jmhope: Thank you for starting a new topic.  I enjoy reading these. I Think it will be Cary as the man-of-honor and Ireland, I think Megumi and Shawna will not be in the wedding party but will be attending the wedding and reception.  As for Gideon's best man I really think it will be Angus (even though he stood up for him already) and and the groomsman Arash.  Arnoldo does not like Eva but I think will attend both the wedding and reception as well as Manual.  I hope if Christopher and Elizabeth go to the wedding neither one of them cause a scene. Eva would kick them out haha.  It is way too soon for them to have children, maybe in the Epilogue she could become pregnant and have children.  I can not wait for more from Chapter One. Hurry up April!!

Patricia-Ann, like you I hope there aren't any pat reconciliations with Gideon's mother and brother.  They've both shown that they are completely self-involved and fundamentally untrustworthy.  I hope there is some thaw there for Gideon's sake, but complete forgiveness is, IMO, unwarranted and unrealistic.    I'm glad Ireland and Chris are decent people.

One thing I DO hope we hear more about is what Monica is keeping from Eva. It'd be nice to shed some light on her lost years between Eva's birth and her marriage to Nathan's father and how she got by after her family disowned her.  I wonder if Barker was a bad guy.  It's hard to believe Nathan could've been so disturbed and twisted at 12 if he'd had normal, loving parents.

Edited by carolc1001
Error

19 hours ago, carolc1001 said:

I agree plus they never said his last name.  I wonder as well about Monica's secrets and Nathan's background. There are a few unanswered problems, I can't wait until April. I'll be rereading all of them again so when OWY comes out I can flow right into it.

I'm not sure if there will be a second wedding. They are telling people so I'm not sure if there needs to be another wedding. I'm  just thinking there is a lot of stuff to clear up and this will be the shortest of all the books. Also the other book consist of about 3 to 4 weeks in time. I'm really curious how she's squeezing in so much.  I just thing there is a lot of ground to cover other than the wedding.

4 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

I'm not sure if there will be a second wedding. They are telling people so I'm not sure if there needs to be another wedding. I'm  just thinking there is a lot of stuff to clear up and this will be the shortest of all the books. Also the other book consist of about 3 to 4 weeks in time. I'm really curious how she's squeezing in so much.  I just thing there is a lot of ground to cover other than the wedding.

I'd been thinking along those lines, now the fact they got married is known there doesn't seem much point.  But have you seen the teaser Sylvia tweeted/Facebooked yesterday where Gideon is telling Eva that the wedding should be what she wants, so presumably someone (Monica?) is wanting things her way and not Eva's?  (I'm assuming the comment is about the wedding, I could be wrong of course).

1 hour ago, Lou1974 said:

relying on the last teaser, it seems that "her day" should be the wedding.  Remember it is for friends and family only, so it won't be too large.  The reception should be another story.

Just interested, what make you think that this will be the shortest of all the books?  Are you meaning in time frame or how many pages?  RIY covered about 5 weeks, and the others have been about 4 weeks.

Print versions of the books have the following pages (US print version):

Bared to You     334

Reflected in You  338

Entwined with You 356

Captivated By You 356

One With You Amazon.com says the print version is 352 pages.

e-books will vary as to how many pages, depending on what font size you choose so I usually discount what they say.

I  recall people felt  Captivated By You was shorter than the other books and Sylvia responded it was actually the longest.

Some of the storylines will probably be finished quickly in the way we found out about Nathan's bracelet.

4 hours ago, sscrph said:

When I first read the teaser I thought maybe it was Eva's birthday  they were referring to and not the wedding...

Ages ago Sylvia advised that Eva is Aquarius (20 Jan to 18 Feb) and Gideon Virgo (23 August to 23 September) so either Gideon's birthday was completely ignored and took place during Captivated By You or there will be some mention in One With You.  I would think it odd to have specified birthdates with one being during the timeline of the books and not to actually celebrate it.

Maybe it's a bridal shower?  But surely a bride does enjoy her wedding day, even though there is stress involved (I can't speak from experience, as although I'm not anti-marriage I didn't want to marry my significant other, never had that feeling of wanting to marry him).

22 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

In the teaser Gideon could still be talking about the wedding maybe she had met with Monica and when Eva got home she was discussing Monica's plans for the wedding with Gideon and he was giving his opinion to ease her mind.

I agree with you, Patricia-Ann, on this theory.  Gideon just wants Eva to be happy and not stressed out with what Monica wants.  He could probably care less, he has had the wedding he wanted:  On a beach with just the two of them and of course Angus.

16 hours ago, jmhope said:

I agree with you, Patricia-Ann, on this theory.  Gideon just wants Eva to be happy and not stressed out with what Monica wants.  He could probably care less, he has had the wedding he wanted:  On a beach with just the two of them and of course Angus.

And what a beautiful wedding it was!! Perfect for them!!

People must not have read Sylvia Day's  Crossfire series.  because under her latest tweet with the scavenger hunt showing the all night coffee place at the end of CBY, someone wrote/tweeted....I am intrigued to know the significance of the rings on the cover.  If they had read the books, they would have known that the ruby and diamond ring was Gideon's wedding ring, and I believe the all diamond one will be Eva's;  Eva technically hasn't received a wedding ring other than the engagement ring she got.  (I could be wrong, but the only rings they have discussed is the one with the X's she got in BTY and her engagement ring).  Go figure.  Can't wait for April or the next installment of chapter one!!

On 1/20/2016 at 11:50 PM, jmhope said:

People must not have read Sylvia Day's  Crossfire series.  because under her latest tweet with the scavenger hunt showing the all night coffee place at the end of CBY, someone wrote/tweeted....I am intrigued to know the significance of the rings on the cover.  If they had read the books, they would have known that the ruby and diamond ring was Gideon's wedding ring, and I believe the all diamond one will be Eva's;  Eva technically hasn't received a wedding ring other than the engagement ring she got.  (I could be wrong, but the only rings they have discussed is the one with the X's she got in BTY and her engagement ring).  Go figure.  Can't wait for April or the next installment of chapter one!!

I think Eva's engagement ring is a set because in EWY after she shopped for Gideon's ring (the one with the rubies) and she went to his office to give it to him she stopped outside his office and she said she unzipped the small pocket and drew out the "rings" inside it. I could be wrong but that's how I'm thinking of it.