One with You

Gaia

I remembered reading a chapter a day before the release of Captivated By You and thought it a good idea to do the same for One With You.  It gives me the target of having finished reading just in time for the new book as well as continuing with my tbr list.  But also I find I concentrate a little more on what is happening in the chapter I am reading - I've certainly read Bared to You at least three times, possibly four, and am still finding bits that I don't recall reading before (obviously I have but the phrases have not stuck in my mind).

What would be good in the future is, if we feel we have unanswered questions, we were able to pose these to Sylvia and maybe she would give some outtakes or short scenes on her website to answer them?

I guess though that she is going to be busy catching up on her other series and new novels, the Blacklist books are the ones I will wait for, I'm not much into historical or paranormal fiction.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, xoxolaurenashley said:

In RIY towards the end of the book  (Ch 17) when Eva confronts Gideons mother at that private club with the big band. Elizabeth says "I'm Christopher's mother, too, and he was there. He swears nothing happened. Who was I supposed to believe with no proof." 

That means Christopher Jr knows what Gideon says happened and either lied to parents, really didn't know, or was scared to say anything. 

I don't know, I find it hard to believe that Elizabeth didn't believe Gideon.  I know Dr. T. Lucas didn't help matters by lying about the evidence of abuse, but to believe a 5/6 year old over a 10/11 year old is astonishing.  Hopefully she removed Hugh from the therapy.  I would still like to know who the psychiatrist was.  Remember Hugh was the grad student studying under a psychiatrist (who was mainly treating Elizabeth).  Was that person even questioned?  So many unanswered questions.

20 hours ago, xoxolaurenashley said:

In RIY towards the end of the book  (Ch 17) when Eva confronts Gideons mother at that private club with the big band. Elizabeth says "I'm Christopher's mother, too, and he was there. He swears nothing happened. Who was I supposed to believe with no proof." 

That means Christopher Jr knows what Gideon says happened and either lied to parents, really didn't know, or was scared to say anything. 

We also know that at least some of the abuse happen in a bathroom, so Christopher Jr might not have witnessed it. Who know, I hope we find out.

4 hours ago, D500 said:

I remembered reading a chapter a day before the release of Captivated By You and thought it a good idea to do the same for One With You.  It gives me the target of having finished reading just in time for the new book as well as continuing with my tbr list.  But also I find I concentrate a little more on what is happening in the chapter I am reading - I've certainly read Bared to You at least three times, possibly four, and am still finding bits that I don't recall reading before (obviously I have but the phrases have not stuck in my mind).

What would be good in the future is, if we feel we have unanswered questions, we were able to pose these to Sylvia and maybe she would give some outtakes or short scenes on her website to answer them?

I guess though that she is going to be busy catching up on her other series and new novels, the Blacklist books are the ones I will wait for, I'm not much into historical or paranormal fiction.

I will be rereading all of them again before OWY is released, I actually finished BTY today.  However when I read RIY my emotions are all over the place and I get very anxious even though I know what happens because I have read them all at least 4-5 times already.  I don't know the anything about the Blacklist books maybe I'll research them.  I believe in OWY Corrine will be the first stressor that will be dealt with then I hope it is the abuse that we finally get answers to.

Bared to You Chapter 20 - just after Gideon tells Eva about showing Magdalene the video of herself with Christopher he says "Seeing Christopher's face on the video - seeing what he really thought of her - that hurt her.  It's hard to see yourself being used that way.  Especially by someone you think you know, someone who's supposed to care about you."

Followed by Eva's thoughts 'To hide my reaction, I busied myself with refilling both my glass and his.  He spoke as if from experience.  What exactly had been done to him?'

The next comment from Gideon is about Christopher and how Gideon tried throwing money at him, threatening him and still shown no inclination to change and that Gideon had realised long ago he could only do damage control.  I'm presuming the 'someone who's supposed to care about you' means Christopher but I could be wrong????

D500, you do have a lot of willpower only reading a chapter a day. I've read all the books numerous time over the last year. I feel for those that read them from the very first release of BTU. I only started reading them last November. It dove me nuts, when I realized the series wasn't complete. If I had to wait all these years for the ending, I'd be crazy by now. I try not to read incomplete series now. 

I was one who bought the e-book when it first appeared so it has been a long journey.  By the time I reached E L James books all three were available but I find Sylvia's books better written, the characters more believable.  I never really got how Ana was so immediately 'under Christian's spell' considering her innocence when they meet, whereas with Gideon and Eva it all seemed right.  (I also appreciated there was no bdsm as that is not my thing - although I suspect there may be something in Gideon's past). 

I am tending now to wait for a series to be complete before reading although there are some authors I will read as the parts are published.

I'd have liked to have finished reading the Crossfire series months ago but I do understand that for the right ending to the story we've had to wait for it to be written and despite the many moans on Facebook etc. about delays, I doubt any author 'writes to order' but needs to have the inspiration.  There's no set rules for writing books or how long there should be between parts of a series and I did find some people were pretty rude 'stamping their feet' demanding the book be published.

1 hour ago, D500 said:

I was one who bought the e-book when it first appeared so it has been a long journey.  By the time I reached E L James books all three were available but I find Sylvia's books better written, the characters more believable.  I never really got how Ana was so immediately 'under Christian's spell' considering her innocence when they meet, whereas with Gideon and Eva it all seemed right.  (I also appreciated there was no bdsm as that is not my thing - although I suspect there may be something in Gideon's past). 

I am tending now to wait for a series to be complete before reading although there are some authors I will read as the parts are published.

I'd have liked to have finished reading the Crossfire series months ago but I do understand that for the right ending to the story we've had to wait for it to be written and despite the many moans on Facebook etc. about delays, I doubt any author 'writes to order' but needs to have the inspiration.  There's no set rules for writing books or how long there should be between parts of a series and I did find some people were pretty rude 'stamping their feet' demanding the book be published.

I agree, The Crossfire books are much better than FSG.  I think Christian brainwashed Ana, and he only "loved" her every time  she left him, or he thought she was leaving him. Gideon loved Eva from the beginning. There relationship isn't perfect, but they fight for what that want and that is each other. 

I think there is a little BDSM, (no hitting), but  he wants her to submit and when he grabs her wrists and she "calms" down.  Also on the plane ride (before they got married) he had red restraints, but i think they weren't "tied" to anything, just were on her wrists, he wanted her frame of mind to be restrained?  (if that makes sense).  Yes, I agree I enjoyed Gideon and Eva's relationship much better than Christian and Ana's (they were really BDSM)

Christian seemed to not really care about Ana other than sexually and he always puts himself first. I love how Gideon really loves Eva inside and out and has her on his mind with his decisions. I also hate that Ana was always letting Christian railroad her. She never spoke up for herself. 

2 hours ago, jmhope said:

I think there is a little BDSM, (no hitting), but  he wants her to submit and when he grabs her wrists and she "calms" down.  Also on the plane ride (before they got married) he had red restraints, but i think they weren't "tied" to anything, just were on her wrists, he wanted her frame of mind to be restrained?  (if that makes sense).  Yes, I agree I enjoyed Gideon and Eva's relationship much better than Christian and Ana's (they were really BDSM)

On the plane ride he told her being bound helps you surrender, but it doesn't have to be literal. It just has to be enough to get you in the right head space. They were on her wrists not tied to anything and he had her reach and grab the sides of the pillow and had her close her eyes he didn't cover them with anything like in FSOG. I think what you said does makes sense.

23 hours ago, xoxolaurenashley said:

Christian seemed to not really care about Ana other than sexually and he always puts himself first. I love how Gideon really loves Eva inside and out and has her on his mind with his decisions. I also hate that Ana was always letting Christian railroad her. She never spoke up for herself. 

I disagree with you on this.  Christian did love Ana, he just hasn't had proper relationships in the past to show it properly.( I know these are fictional characters).  Ana did stand up to him, when he came home drunk after finding out she was pregnant and her  seeing that text from Elena.  She said she was moving into her "Old" room and was raising this baby whether he was happy about it or not.

22 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

On the plane ride he told her being bound helps you surrender, but it doesn't have to be literal. It just has to be enough to get you in the right head space. They were on her wrists not tied to anything and he had her reach and grab the sides of the pillow and had her close her eyes he didn't cover them with anything like in FSOG. I think what you said does makes sense.

I remembered another scene.  The one in CBY in the elevator at their penthouse.  He tied her to the railings and made her drink alcohol.  He needed to "loose" control and didn't really want to take it out on Eva.  Guess this must come from the abuse he suffered from Hugh.

1 hour ago, jmhope said:

I disagree with you on this.  Christian did love Ana, he just hasn't had proper relationships in the past to show it properly.( I know these are fictional characters).  Ana did stand up to him, when he came home drunk after finding out she was pregnant and her  seeing that text from Elena.  She said she was moving into her "Old" room and was raising this baby whether he was happy about it or not.

I remembered another scene.  The one in CBY in the elevator at their penthouse.  He tied her to the railings and made her drink alcohol.  He needed to "loose" control and didn't really want to take it out on Eva.  Guess this must come from the abuse he suffered from Hugh.

I also agree with you about Christian and Ana I found it to be a beautiful love story my heart went out to Christian because of his past abuse and not knowing how to have a real (fictional characters) relationship.  In CBY I agree he didn't want to hurt her that's why he wanted her gone from the penthouse and because of her love for him she wouldn't leave him in that state but he I think gave her the alcohol because if I remember correctly he needed her to calm down.

In the elevator scene I agree that the way he acted was something to do with Hugh's 'programming' - he'd been taught that a way to relieve intense anger was to have sex of some sort, starting with m****---tion and then the abuse Hugh carried out on him.  So in his mind anger and sex must be linked, and I suspect relieving that anger would mean pretty 'hard' sex.  It also sounded like his relationship with Anne Lucas was anger based - both because her husband had lied that Gideon had suffered no abuse, and because Hugh was Anne's brother and she looked like him.  And of course Anne must have enjoyed whatever he did to her as she came back for more.  I also wondered if Anne knew that Gideon was abused by Hugh and if not, whether Gideon would say anything to her about it if there is confrontation between them???  (Not sure he would and I'm open to others opinion on that).  Anne and her family are all in the same field, as is her husband, not sure how trustworthy any of them have been over information learned during sessions.

In Sylvia's latest tweet, she asks since Cary was Eva's BFF should he have warned her about Brett being in the band Sixth Ninth ?  Most everyone remarked that he most certainly should have, and I agree whole heartedly.  It still irritates me that he thought it would be funny, but he should have warned her so that she could either change her mind about going, or be in a better frame of mind of about seeing him or even better warn her about the song entitled "Golden".

Doubt we will be getting a new installment of Chapter one of OWY anytime soon, remember Sylvia is leaving on a cruise next week.  Hope she enjoys herself!!

Also Dr. T. Lucas was a Pediatrician not a Psychiatrist like the rest of Anne's family.  Don't think Gideon confided in Anne about the abuse from her brother, that would really be sick for Anne to have a sordid relationship with a much younger man, knowing her brother was a pedophile and had abused that same man.

I saw those tweets also and am in full agreement that Cary should have told Eva especially since they are BFF's how good of a BFF is he? Not a very good one in my opinion.  I don't think Anne knew of the abuse and I don't think Gideon would tell her, unless maybe Eva tells her when she confronts her hmmm what do you think? Eva is already "preparing" to confront Corrine in Chapter One of OWY I think that is the beginning of Eva helping Gideon with his past.

Sylvia will be on her cruise and if I remember correctly she returns on the 15th, but I think we will see something on the 14th only because it's Valentine's Day so I'm hoping for a little treat (my fingers are crossed).

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

Sylvia posted more of Chapter one for OWY. If you read this Sylvia Thank You Thank You Thank You I knew you would come through and make me happy! I can't wait for April 5th!

not enough Gideon in that one :)  As this book is to be mostly about Gideon hope we get a lot more of his POV.

1 hour ago, D500 said:

not enough Gideon in that one :)  As this book is to be mostly about Gideon hope we get a lot more of his POV.

I agree, so I wonder if Chapter Two will be from Excerpt 2 the one from Gideon's POV (posted 6/15/2015).  What do you think? Why do you think that this book is to be mostly about Gideon, did I miss something that was previously mentioned?

According to Sylvia (and I think she said this when she announced there would be 5 books) the first 2.5 books are about Eva, the remaining 2.5 about Gideon.  Eva was already on the way to recovery from her abuse and Gideon has only just started learning to accept what happened to him and the effect it has had on his life. 

Captivated By You began resolving things that affected Gideon.  It closed the Nathan scenario with the explanation that Clancy planted the bracelet. I think it closed the Brett scenario - in Reflected Eva mentions something about Brett's voice being an attraction (can't remember the wording), during the karaoke scene in Captivated when Gideon sings discovering he too has a voice I believe finalises her feelings for Gideon as being the complete package.  However it also opened up new problems such as Corinne's book, why did Gideon's mother not tell his step-father about the abuse accusation, and Anne Lucas threats.

Gideon has now begun to open up to Dr Peterson.  The only thing Gideon cannot open up about to anyone other than Eva is killing Nathan (not sure if he's going to tell Eva about his sexual history but I'd imagine he will tell Dr P). 

1 hour ago, D500 said:

According to Sylvia (and I think she said this when she announced there would be 5 books) the first 2.5 books are about Eva, the remaining 2.5 about Gideon.  Eva was already on the way to recovery from her abuse and Gideon has only just started learning to accept what happened to him and the effect it has had on his life. 

Captivated By You began resolving things that affected Gideon.  It closed the Nathan scenario with the explanation that Clancy planted the bracelet. I think it closed the Brett scenario - in Reflected Eva mentions something about Brett's voice being an attraction (can't remember the wording), during the karaoke scene in Captivated when Gideon sings discovering he too has a voice I believe finalises her feelings for Gideon as being the complete package.  However it also opened up new problems such as Corinne's book, why did Gideon's mother not tell his step-father about the abuse accusation, and Anne Lucas threats.

Gideon has now begun to open up to Dr Peterson.  The only thing Gideon cannot open up about to anyone other than Eva is killing Nathan (not sure if he's going to tell Eva about his sexual history but I'd imagine he will tell Dr P). 

Thank you for your thoughts. I do wonder how Clancy found out (was he following Gideon).  I hope he does tell Dr. Peterson about is sexual history so he can finally be at peace. We will know the answers to everything else when we read OWY.