One with You

Gaia

I guess (and this is all a guess) Clancy was watching Nathan rather than Gideon, as he would be protecting Eva and ensuring he knew where Nathan was.  If I'm correct he would have seen Gideon - possibly Clancy was sitting in a car outside the hotel and seen him go in and come out or even been inside the building hiding near the room Nathan was in keeping an eye on him from there (the latter more likely as Gideon could have gone in through the main entrance or the back door/staff entrance).  Either way he realised what Gideon had done.  Once he saw that Gideon had killed Nathan, Clancy's Eva protection spun into orbit and, knowing that she would be devastated if Gideon were ever charged with the killing, took the opportunity to remove the bracelet and either Clancy or his brother planted the bracelet on the guy found dead some time later.

Not sure we'll hear any more about that part of the story in One With You but we'll get closure on quite a few of the other things we are eagerly waiting to hear about. 

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, Sylvia, thank you, thank you, thank you for thinking of us while you were on your cruise.  Hope  you enjoyed yourself.

Enjoyed the next segment, just wished it had more drama.  Like Landon trying to force the issue of Eva not working on the account and the partners giving Eva an ultimatum, and then she gives her immediate notice.  Guess Sylvia has to get by some issues quickly so that she can concentrate on the "big" issues to finish up  this series. Just under 2 months to wait!!

Clancy did say he was keeping an eye on Nathan to Eva, and that he should have put Cary into the equation too.  He feels bad about the attack on Cary, must not have been watching Nathan closely since Eva was out of town with Gideon.

Hey... It's been a while since I've been here ! I'm glad Eva is acting like an adult now ... Too bad she has to quit her job, but really, everyone saw the whole Lancorp thing before she did.. I hope she doesn't aggravate me in this book as much as she did in the last two . I honestly didn't like her much ... Which was upsetting because I really liked this series . So many things have to get cleared up .... Soooooo many . 

Monicas story , Corrine needs to go away and take the book with her, Gideon's family , crazy Anne ...her husband , Deanna , lancorp....

Idk what to think about Cary. I want him to be happy but I  don't think he deserves Trey ... How are you with 3 strangers in one night , plus have Tat on the side and say you love him ? I hope she really isn't pregnant . She needs yo go away . 

I was on Goodreads a few days ago and saw that Sylvia has answered questions on there . One was asked last year about the release date of OWY and the Blacklist series. She said both would be released back to back in 2015... Lol, that didn't happen ! But she did say that OWY is the longest book she's written . 

It also answered Eva and Gideon's birthdays ..Eva Feb 19, Gideon September 22nd.

it would be nice to get more teasers/chapters... It'll be here soon! 

12 hours ago, Seattle said:

We need a new topic to talk about!   How about Cary - what do you think will happen with him?  Go out on his own without Eva,  settle down with Tat,  will she abort the baby or miscarry it,  will it be someone else's baby, what about Trey???

Cary has is own issues, but I'm thinking he's growing and dealing with it. I hope if it is Cary's baby that Tat will give him the baby. I don't think she would be a very good mother anyway. I hope Trey and Cary work things out, maybe raise the baby together. 

Nathalia thanks for the reminder about Good Reads questions, I'd not visited those in a while.  Interesting she says One With You is her longest book as the Amazon blurb implies its roughly the same length as the others but they may not yet have accurate page count.  I bet OWY was the hardest to write, particularly if Sylvia had been on this site and read about our wishes for storyline answers.

She also mentions that it is June in Bared to You (first page of Reflected it is 'sliding into July' as Eva stands in Gideon's bedroom looking at him), and it is August in Captivated By You with the total timeline (including one With You) being a little over 3 months.  And fingers crossed we will get Gideon's birthday!

She also replied to a question about babies that yes, doubtless they would have them in the future as children complete a relationship.  Have to say I would be disappointed if the book ends with Eva being pregnant as that is just a same same thing as almost every other book (I mean the book ending in this 3 month timeline, not if there is an epilogue set in the future  as a pregnancy in that would be welcome).

6 hours ago, D500 said:

Interesting she says One With You is her longest book as the Amazon blurb implies its roughly the same length as the others but they may not yet have accurate page count. 

Hi! :) The page count on the retailer sites isn't accurate at this time. I'm not sure when those guesstimates are updated to reflect the actual numbers. I've seen the typeset book, however, and the last page of One with You is page 462. In total, there are seventeen chapters in OWY, which is less than in the previous books, but most of the individual chapters are considerably longer.

Not much longer now! 46 days...

2 hours ago, Sylvia Day said:

Hi! :) The page count on the retailer sites isn't accurate at this time. I'm not sure when those guesstimates are updated to reflect the actual numbers. I've seen the typeset book, however, and the last page of One with You is page 462. In total, there are seventeen chapters in OWY, which is less than in the previous books, but most of the individual chapters are considerably longer.

Not much longer now! 46 days...

So excited can't wait!! I hope you were able to see the picture of the fountain in Bryant Park it was beautiful!

I'm happy too! Thank you Sylvia and Natashaisa.  I don't like that they are still living apart either. I thought it would have been continuing with Dr. Peterson's appointment and the dinner they were suppose to go to.  So I'm thinking it must be the Monday because Gideon is dressed for work and asked her to go to a business lunch.  Anybody thinking the same thing?

38 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

I'm happy too! Thank you Sylvia and Natashaisa.  I don't like that they are still living apart either. I thought it would have been continuing with Dr. Peterson's appointment and the dinner they were suppose to go to.  So I'm thinking it must be the Monday because Gideon is dressed for work and asked her to go to a business lunch.  Anybody thinking the same thing?

I think this is further into the book rather than a continuation of what is on Sylvia's website. Your guess at the Monday sounds right, she's no longer working (sweet that he misses her being in the same building). I believe there was an indication in chapter 1 that Eva was still staying apart from him - perhaps she's rushing to organise the wedding early and they get back together on their wedding night?

She was leaving her job on the Friday so presumably working on Friday. In the excerpt it sounds like she's just got out of bed. He's phoning from work asking her to a business lunch that day and she's asking Cary to find a hairdresser pdq so she looks good - and is she checking what he's wearing so she will wear something to complement his suit?

he could have been with her earlier as her hair is 'wildly tousled' and as she is no longer working he could have left for work without waking her (might be wrong there as he probably would wake her for a little morning excercise)

Sound like she is setting out to seduce him but doesn't plan to spend the evening with him, unless Cary is going to play gooseberry at dinner.

I definitely think this is after she quit working. He called her just as she was waking up, I think he was with her the night before (he didn't want to wake her) especially with her saying that her hair was "wildly tousled".  I'm excited about this business lunch wondering why he really wants her there and she wants to coordinate her outfit with his.  I'm wondering if the calls she wants Cary to make (not the hair appointment) are to confront Corrine or Anne.  I thought that it said this was from Chapter One but I think I am wrong, I'll have to look again.