One with You

Gaia

15 minutes ago, jmhope said:

as long as we are speculating about Gideon's e-mail......it could have been from Arash about the purchase of the beach house.  Right, Gideon just got a copy of the flash drive in Cali and he has been tracking the rest down.  Wonder what Christopher will do when he finds out that his copy has been erased from his work hard drive.  Hope he doesn't have one on his personal computer.  I don't trust Deanna either.  She would "tap" Gideon again in a heart beat.  Wonder if she was one of the ones that he actually used his d**k with?  Maybe that is why she is so keen on Gideon.

I'll probably read my kindle copy too fast also, but then read it more slowly the second time around.  Just think just 35 days to go !!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who will read it fast the first time and more slowly the second, third, fourth and so on.  I would hope that Gideon's IT team will check Christopher's personal computer. Didn't Deanna say that Gideon took a call and told her to just leave I don't remember if she said that they actually did anything, I'll have to go back and look.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

Didn't Deanna show up at Gideon's office to tell him about Corinne's book and flirt with him, I don't trust her plus at the gala in EWY she was sitting in Eva's seat and kept touching his forearm. The email came the day before he left for California and got the flash drive, and Brett's things were looked thru while he was in Gideon's office while Ireland was at the penthouse with Eva and Gideon's people couldn't find anything. I'm counting down the days for OWY I hope I don't read it too fast the first time hahaha.

You're right....I don't like how she acts around Gideon .... But I guess he doesn't make it uncomfortable for her since she acts so informal. Where is she getting her Intel from? She wasn't Very nice in Aftershock/burn either. Ok! She goes too! Lol 

11 minutes ago, jmhope said:

as long as we are speculating about Gideon's e-mail......it could have been from Arash about the purchase of the beach house.  Right, Gideon just got a copy of the flash drive in Cali and he has been tracking the rest down.  Wonder what Christopher will do when he finds out that his copy has been erased from his work hard drive.  Hope he doesn't have one on his personal computer.  I don't trust Deanna either.  She would "tap" Gideon again in a heart beat.  Wonder if she was one of the ones that he actually used his d**k with?  Maybe that is why she is so keen on Gideon.

I'll probably read my kindle copy too fast also, but then read it more slowly the second time around.  Just think just 35 days to go !!!

She had been with him , he stopped during to answer a call....which is why she's so bitter. But really, I think she took it really too hard considering she was hitting on him all night and went back to the hotel with him.

Ugh, Christopher and Gideon need to work things out ... He's willing to hurt Eva to get back at Gideon for whatever he thinks he did to him.

I'm still annoyed at how she acted around/with Brett...it just didn't make sense to me. You just don't act like that with someone you've been with when you have a boyfriend who loves you! But really, she says she made herself available to him. So they only were together at clubs/bars wherever. They never went on a date, out together... Anything . Why would she be hung up on someone who spoke about her to his friends and never took her out? I don't  get it. 

What else? Lol

Nathalia I have been asking myself that same question; Where is Deanna getting her intel from? I know Gideon feels that she will be satisfied with an exclusive on him and Eva's wedding  photos but I am with Eva on this, she is not to be trusted.  I read Aftershock, Deanna was all about a story and doing other sordid things in the pass to get what she wanted so I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

1 hour ago, patricia-ann said:

Was Gideon in Aftershock/burn? 

No, and Deanna was only in a small part of the book. 

I only read Aftershock/Burn one time (I really didn't care for it) and it was alone time ago, but from what I can remember Deanna and Gina (I think was her name) were old "friends" and Deanna stabbed her in the back writing an article that was really bad. If she could do that to a "friend" there is no is Eva and Gideon can trust her. 

Sylvia also responded to a tweet to say that we will get two more excerpts from chapter 1 before April.  Maybe at the start of April she'll let us have the first three chapters . . . . .   that gives us a head start to absorbing the story.  I should get my Kindle download just after midnight and I bet I won't bother sleeping until I've finished my first read of the story. 

43 minutes ago, D500 said:

Sylvia also responded to a tweet to say that we will get two more excerpts from chapter 1 before April.  Maybe at the start of April she'll let us have the first three chapters . . . . .   that gives us a head start to absorbing the story.  I should get my Kindle download just after midnight and I bet I won't bother sleeping until I've finished my first read of the story. 

I saw that tweet also, I know I've read before that she has released the first three chapters of I believe CBY (I could be wrong), that would be a really nice treat.  I'll have my download just after midnight myself but I'll have a book a few hours before. Is anybody else going to Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT on the 4th of April?

On March 3, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Lou1974 said:

No, and Deanna was only in a small part of the book. 

I only read Aftershock/Burn one time (I really didn't care for it) and it was alone time ago, but from what I can remember Deanna and Gina (I think was her name) were old "friends" and Deanna stabbed her in the back writing an article that was really bad. If she could do that to a "friend" there is no is Eva and Gideon can trust her. 

Deanna had dated one of Gia's brothers and Gia asked her if she would look into her friend Jax.  Deanna found some juicy info about his mother and Deanna was going to print it and Gia flipped out, blacked mailed Deanna with sordid pictures that Deanna had sent to her brother.  I enjoyed Afterburn/Aftershock.

Deanna, I feel, cannot be trusted.

On March 2, 2016 at 9:02 PM, Nathalia said:

You're right....I don't like how she acts around Gideon .... But I guess he doesn't make it uncomfortable for her since she acts so informal. Where is she getting her Intel from? She wasn't Very nice in Aftershock/burn either. Ok! She goes too! Lol 

She had been with him , he stopped during to answer a call....which is why she's so bitter. But really, I think she took it really too hard considering she was hitting on him all night and went back to the hotel with him.

Ugh, Christopher and Gideon need to work things out ... He's willing to hurt Eva to get back at Gideon for whatever he thinks he did to him.

I'm still annoyed at how she acted around/with Brett...it just didn't make sense to me. You just don't act like that with someone you've been with when you have a boyfriend who loves you! But really, she says she made herself available to him. So they only were together at clubs/bars wherever. They never went on a date, out together... Anything . Why would she be hung up on someone who spoke about her to his friends and never took her out? I don't  get it. 

What else? Lol

Yes, I was confused with why Eva wanted to be friends with Brett.  They haven't spoken or seen each other in about 4 years.  She was attracted to Brett (even though he wasn't very good or nice).  They were together during a time that Eva had very low self esteem and felt that that was the way she should be treated.  But she did come to her senses and left that scene and Brett behind until that fateful concert.  Cary really should have warned her who and what Six Ninth were.

With 31 days until OWY I am re-reading the series again.  Reading RIY. Fight scene after the concert. Curious as to why no one stopped the fight and most of all why they left Gideon alone?  He had to call to have Angus to pick him up. Angus's reply "he knows when to stop "?  Gideon could have been ganged up on or even arrested.  Thoughts anyone?

3 hours ago, jmhope said:

With 31 days until OWY I am re-reading the series again.  Reading RIY. Fight scene after the concert. Curious as to why no one stopped the fight and most of all why they left Gideon alone?  He had to call to have Angus to pick him up. Angus's reply "he knows when to stop "?  Gideon could have been ganged up on or even arrested.  Thoughts anyone?

Every time I read RIY I get very anxious, I have thought the same thing and then I wonder if maybe Raul was there and it just wasn't mentioned. Wasn't Angus sitting in the limo waiting because Eva was trying to get to the limo to Angus before Brett saw her which we know didn't happen leading to the kiss and then the fight.

5 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

Every time I read RIY I get very anxious, I have thought the same thing and then I wonder if maybe Raul was there and it just wasn't mentioned. Wasn't Angus sitting in the limo waiting because Eva was trying to get to the limo to Angus before Brett saw her which we know didn't happen leading to the kiss and then the fight.

That is a very good thought. Gideon did say they switched drivers during the "trip from he*l". Then my other question is how did they get back to NY what without phones or vehicle 

9 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

I also think Raul was there. They would have brought someone younger to keep an eye on things during the concert. Also at this point Eva doesn't know Raul so he could blend in. 

6 hours ago, jmhope said:

That is a very good thought. Gideon did say they switched drivers during the "trip from he*l". Then my other question is how did they get back to NY what without phones or vehicle 

Presumably Gideon had the entire trip organised and knew when Angus or Raul would return to collect them for the journey back to New York.   Eva had left her phone at home anyway as she hadn't expected to use it while at the concert (and had ' no place to carry it') so the fact Gideon cut himself off from any communication was a huge step in their relationship.  How many of us can say our other half has devoted themselves entirely to us without any distraction?

10 hours ago, jmhope said:

I agree with D500 about Gideon planning the entire trip and already had it planned as to when and who would be picking them up and bringing them back so they wouldn't need phones and the car would automatically be there. 

I sadly don't know of many who can say that their other half  has devoted themselves entirely to without any distraction. I live vicariously through romance series with happily ever afters haha.

I was so hoping with just a month to go we would have gotten another portion of Chapter one.  :(  Still reading RIY and this book made me very sad with the way Gideon was behaving, but with hindsight it all made sense.  If this was reality, I would have confronted Gideon in person on Tuesday night when he cut her short on the phone again and seeing those photos of him and Corine together, leave Cary for another hour (since Eva went to work for 8 hrs. she could leave him for another hour).  Wonder what her reaction would have been if he wasn't at the penthouse.  He supposedly was at the apartment next door moving in with Raul's help.  Getting to the point of the interaction with Dr. Lucas and his accusations against Gideon.   I need to power through and get to EWY where happiness starts again.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was sad reading RIY I said before when I read it my emotions were all over the place. Does anybody have any idea if in OWY it will be from both Gideon and Eva? Also I thought I read somewhere that there is something about March 6th and maybe more from Chapter One will be available does anybody else remember this?

4 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was sad reading RIY I said before when I read it my emotions were all over the place. Does anybody have any idea if in OWY it will be from both Gideon and Eva? Also I thought I read somewhere that there is something about March 6th and maybe more from Chapter One will be available does anybody else remember this?

I discovered from either a Good Reads or Twitter response by Sylvia that we would get two more pieces of chapter one before April.  The March 6th was just me hoping - it's Mother's Day here in the UK which could have been a reason to give us a little bit about either Monica or Elizabeth but that probably won't happen.  Hopefully though during this month we'll get Teaser Tuesdays and I think in the past there was something on Sundays??

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 1:42 AM, jmhope said:

The other members of the group did notice who Brett was fighting with (the man behind the money paying for them starting their music career) so held back.  I presume everyone else there was aware who Gideon was and was not going to interfere.  The scene serves as another example of how deeply involved with Eva Gideon is.

For me I'll start at the beginning and read to the end even though it will bother me to not know what happens at the end especially bc I want a happily ever after, however I won't we able to read it non stop bc of work I'm not sure I'll be able to take the day off.  I know I will reread it a few times. I am also wondering if Gideon and Eva will go out for drinks with Will and Natalie like they said at the end of CBY, and if they'll go to a club again and dance or sing karaoke.

Beginning to end without sneaking a peak, I rarely look ahead in a story.  Book should, hopefully, arrive on my kindle at midnight (GMT) and I will read in bed hopefully until I finish.  I think the last book too me about 3 hours to read (although we had the head start of the 3 chapters being released early) so I should manage reading it all and get a couple of hours sleep.  I will then re-read as I'm bound to have missed subtle nuances etc.

I took the day off (4/5/16) and I will spend the day reading.  I know I won't finish it, if the story line doesn't go the way that I want, then I might read the last chapter, but I will try not to do that.

There is a tweet in which Sylvia asked Is what Gideon did to Nathan justified?.  My response would be no.  No one has the right to take another's life unless in self defense.  Don't know what they should have done instead, maybe use proper precautions and to let Eva know that Nathan was in town.  If she had known that Nathan was about she would not have gone out alone so much, but then if confronted she could have used her Krav Maga on him!!  Poor Cary never saw it coming, I don't think Cary even knew what Nathan looked like.