One with You

Gaia

Just bought it.  I have a playlist of the music E. L. James mentioned in the Fifty Trilogy, not the movie album.  I already have Brave by Sara Bareilles so I can start a Crossfire playlist.  Sylvia does not mention as many songs as James did (over 50) but I am looking for them in the books. 

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, D500 said:

Deanna - according to  Gideon he used her to keep Anne Lucas  from approaching him.  'She was a mistake in every sense.  She made herself available once, and I make it a rule to avoid overly eager women a second time.'  Eva recalled how he had handled his relationship with her after they first had sex, shutting down and shutting her out, leaving her feeling used and worthless.  Gideon also mentioned he barely said more than a dozen words to her altogether.  That sounds like she was hanging around when Anne was there, Gideon picked up on the fact she was available and as they seemingly didn't speak much, they may well have gone straight to the f*ck pad.  He obviously was not really into her so when the phone rang he took the call and got himself out of  the situation of having to have sex of some kind with Deanna (possibly with toys) just because she had made herself available.

So if Deanna  did make herself available in that way with someone who had a reputation for rarely going with the same person twice, what the heck did she expect?  She's a journalist so must have been aware of who he was and his reputation.  Now, of course, as a journalist, she has the ability to investigate and 'publish the dirt'.  She's pushing the violent thing - we know from his thoughts that he was more depraved with Anne than other women (not that he lets Anne know she was anything different to the others) and that makes me think that Deanna has talked to Anne, whether as a patient or as a journalist we don't know - but as his relationship with Anne is not known by most, to me it seems likely that Deanna has been Anne's patient and maybe somehow Anne has said something to Deanna about Gideon?

And I too wonder how, if Gideon really has been with so many women, other than rumours of him being dark, no-one has said anything about what he got up to at the f*ck pad.  The fact he didn't always have penetrative sex with the women would be something that might have been discussed - he must have been picking up women who moved in the same circle a lot of the time.  The main thing that was known was the preference for brunettes, particularly Corinne who is very like his mother.  Also consider that Maggie was with him a lot of the time, she was the one Eva discovered in photos with Gideon when she first googled about him, yet Maggie doesn't let anything slip other than his attraction to brunettes (Corinne). 

We know from Afterburn/Aftershock that Deanna will stoop low in her journalism career.

Hanging by a Moment

And why, when Chris confronted Gideon's mother over the abuse, did he then leave her?  They've seemingly had a long, presumably happy, marriage up to this revelation.  Chris's reaction to the information was great, confronting Lucas and thumping him.  But walking out on his marriage - one wonders exactly what reasons Elizabeth gave him for not having told him what happened, and as someone else mentioned, there was another child on the premises (that of course could be what he flung at Elizabeth and made him walk away . . . . )

I think he left her because she lied to him/ kept it from him. His son was also exposed to Hugh and as we discussed before could have also been abused. Elizabeth is a selfish woman and has deceived her husband.  I believe she  didn't want to believe Gideon because if it was true,  there would be police involved the media would find out and that would look bad for their family.  

13 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

BettyY37 have you listened to the song it's a great one in my opinion. Unfortunately not played a lot on the radio. I hope you enjoy it. 

Yes I listened.  More importantly I read the lyrics.  They are excellent!  Thank you D500!

11 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

Van Morrison - Moondance, when Eva was dancing with her dad in her New York apartment if I think of others I'll let you know. 

I already have Moondance.  It is interesting E. L. James also referred to that song in Fifty.  I also have Adele which I think was Sylvia's first music reference.

PS

The Adele song in the first chapter of Bared to You was Chasing Pavements

Another thing about Elizabeth, I will be curious if will be discussed in OWY, is why she would "consult" a doctor that is the brother in law of her child's accused molester? That in it's self is strange. I don't think Dr Lucas actually ever examined Gideon. He says himself Gideon was never his patient.  We know he had a role in the covering it up, but I hope we get more specifics.   

5 hours ago, Lou1974 said:

Another thing about Elizabeth, I will be curious if will be discussed in OWY, is why she would "consult" a doctor that is the brother in law of her child's accused molester? That in it's self is strange. I don't think Dr Lucas actually ever examined Gideon. He says himself Gideon was never his patient.  We know he had a role in the covering it up, but I hope we get more specifics.   

GREAT OBSERVATION!  I hope we get answer to that too.

Hmm, possible that Elizabeth didn't want the police involved after what she may have had to go through when Geoffrey Cross was caught out in the Ponzi scheme.  But she was risking her other child being abused as well, although I guess Gideon was an attractive child and we know Christopher is already jealous because Gideon is better looking than he is, so perhaps Elizabeth thought C was safe from abuse because he was not so attractive?  It's a horrible thought though that Gideon may have spoken to his mum quite early on in the cycle of abuse and she abandoned him to go through it until, presumably, Angus did something which got it stopped.  Not long till we find out but it is hard not to keep on speculating.

I had a brief, wild, thought that perhaps Anne Lucas was the main therapist who spent more time with Elizabeth than Gideon but that can't be as Gideon would surely have remembered her and mentioned that as a reason for how he treated her but we've been given no clue that he remembers her nor that she recalls treating him as a child.

As to Dr Lucas saying Gideon was never his patient, he could still say that even though he had been asked to examine him as a brief examination as an independent body may not count as having had the child as a patient.  As to Elizabeth consulting someone who was the brother in law of the accused molester, maybe Anne and Lucas were not married at that time and Elizabeth not aware they were in a relationship?   

So many questions - not too long till we get the book, today I finish Entwined with You and begin the chapter a day of Captivated tomorrow.

another thought concerning Elizabeth.  When Eva first confronted her Elizabeth said that Christopher was there and said nothing happened.  Why take the word of a 5/6 year old over a 10/11 year old?  also if they were in the bathroom alot, who would have seen them?  Maybe Hugh didn't bother Christopher because of his age, and if Gideon's abuse stopped after a year, hopefully Hugh was sent packing from whoever stopped Gideon's abuse!!  Like everyone says, we have to wait until 4/5/16 to get our answers.

I think Gideon told Angus and that's when it stopped, I think Angus confronted Hugh and had power over him.  I can't see how Chris will forgive Elizabeth for not telling him and not stopping it, and how could she take the word of Christopher.  I still think we will get all of the answers in OWY.

37 minutes ago, jmhope said:

another thought concerning Elizabeth.  When Eva first confronted her Elizabeth said that Christopher was there and said nothing happened.  Why take the word of a 5/6 year old over a 10/11 year old?  also if they were in the bathroom alot, who would have seen them?  Maybe Hugh didn't bother Christopher because of his age, and if Gideon's abuse stopped after a year, hopefully Hugh was sent packing from whoever stopped Gideon's abuse!!  Like everyone says, we have to wait until 4/5/16 to get our answers.

I think as a 5/6 year old, Christopher would have been more scared to say anything especially if Hugh had threatened him. Gideon didn't say anything for almost a year, so I would think there was some kind of threat. Also, if he wasn't abusing Christopher, Gideon's abuse happened in the bathroom so Christopher wouldn't have seen it. 

Another reason I feel Angus knew (and stopped it) was when Eva confronted Chris in the conference room of Cross Industries and Gideon dragged her out of there,  Angus drove them to their appointment with Dr. Peterson after Eva went in and Gideon stormed out of the car he told Angus that she talked to Chris, Angus said he saw him go in and Gideon said why won't she leave it alone, she can't change the past, and Angus said it's not the past she's thinking of it's the future.  Angus knows more of what is going on just like Clancy does. They both look after the people in their lives. 20 days until OWY and many answers. Even though I want to know now haha I'm so impatient.

The "Luck of the Irish" is with us today!!!  One With You can be preordered as an audio book at Audible.com

Jill Redfield and Jeremy York are the narrators as they were for Captivated By You

29 hours and 2 minutes long!!

PS

versus 11 hours 32 minutes for Bared to You

10 hours 19 minutes for Reflected in You

11 hours 2 minutes for Entwined in You

12 hours 14 minutes for Captivated by You 

14 minutes ago, BettyY37 said:

Checked the number of pages in each of the five books per iBook.  iBook shows only 250 pages for One with You and over 300 pages for each of the other books.  That is confusing.  Well it is what it is so we will have to wait and see.

Sylvia mentioned in a post maybe on Twitter that OWY is about 480 pages. It's if I remember correctly that it's 17 Chapters. 

31 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

Sylvia mentioned in a post maybe on Twitter that OWY is about 480 pages. It's if I remember correctly that it's 17 Chapters. 

Thanks for the "page count" information.  I thought the 250 page count could not be correct.

Went to Brilliance Audio.  They quote audio run time as "nine" hours!

Once again it is what it is.

e-book lengths will vary depending on the font settings and screen size. 

Looking at iBooks on my iPod Touch with the same font size each book  (very small screen) Bared to You is 606 pages, Reflected 619, Entwined 613, Captivated 602.

In print the books (using the last page of the story itself and my copies are the US paperbacks) are Bared 334, Reflected 338, Entwined 356, Captivated 356.

UK iTunes store hasn't updated the page count since I pre-ordered, Amazon have.  UK version on Kindle is said to be 463 pages and paperback 480.  UK Amazon claim Captivated is 361 pages and I assume they use the same font size for all books when quoting page numbers. 

The book is 17 chapters, dual POV, looks like chapter 1 is Eva and if the book continues as Captivated with alternate chapters by Eva and Gideon the last chapter will be Eva.