One with You

Gaia

The audiobook is now listed for pre-order on Audible (which is Amazon's audiobook division).

The preview says the length is 29 hours and 2 minutes -- which makes it more than twice as long as the next longest, CBY, which runs 12 hours and 14 minutes. So I'm not convinced the figures Amazon lists right now are correct. (It'd be GREAT if the book is that long -- but the difference is so huge that I have to wonder.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Based on comments and opinions posted over the years, I feel I am in the minority but I want to see Monica with Victor.  When two people who have spent nearly a quarter of a century apart  (Eva says she had never seen them together.)  still have such passion for each other, they deserve a HEA.

This not an anti-Stanton vote but I can think of a lot of ways to ease him out and allow Victor in.  Alas whatever is in store for them has already been written.

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

The audiobook is now listed for pre-order on Audible (which is Amazon's audiobook division).

The preview says the length is 29 hours and 2 minutes -- which makes it more than twice as long as the next longest, CBY, which runs 12 hours and 14 minutes. So I'm not convinced the figures Amazon lists right now are correct. (It'd be GREAT if the book is that long -- but the difference is so huge that I have to wonder.

there is a tweet from this website that says the same thing....29 hours!!

4 hours ago, BettyY37 said:

Based on comments and opinions posted over the years, I feel I am in the minority but I want to see Monica with Victor.  When two people who have spent nearly a quarter of a century apart  (Eva says she had never seen them together.)  still have such passion for each other, they deserve a HEA.

This not an anti-Stanton vote but I can think of a lot of ways to ease him out and allow Victor in.  Alas whatever is in store for them has already been written.

I wouldn't be opposed to Monica and Victor getting together, but don't see it happening.....what with Monica being divorced two times and she didn't even try to contact him.  It is almost like Eva wanting to be friends with Brett after 4 years apart.  If Eva really had wanted to be friends with Brett she would/should have contacted him.

2 hours ago, jmhope said:

there is a tweet from this website that says the same thing....29 hours!!

I wouldn't be opposed to Monica and Victor getting together, but don't see it happening.....what with Monica being divorced two times and she didn't even try to contact him.  It is almost like Eva wanting to be friends with Brett after 4 years apart.  If Eva really had wanted to be friends with Brett she would/should have contacted him.

The key differences between Eva/Brett and Monica/Victor is they actually got together as soon as they had an opportunity.  Also they both admitted to their daughter that they still loved each other.  I think Monica did not see Victor because she knew how she felt about him.  I think she wanted to protect her marriages/money sources.  She also felt she failed Eva/Victor because of Nathan's abuse.  There must have been some indirect contact because Eva and her father did not seem to be strangers before she moved to SoCal and she made her mother promise not to tell her father about the abuse.

Eva did not contact Brett because she was not interested....she did not even know what happened with his band.  Remember she lived in the area during those three and a half years after she left him.  I do not believe she ever loved Brett but he did fulfill an unhealthy desire.

I love the way Sylvia wrote Monica as a teenager who gave up everything she knew to keep the child of the young man she loved then sacrificed him to give that child the best life she could.  It  makes her an interesting character.  I look forward to seeing where she is at the end.

PS

I hope it is 29 hours too.  I want lots of details.

I remember in EWY (the Friday before Gideon and Eva got married) Monica and Eva went out to lunch (she had met Mr. Giroux in the lobby) Monica said she had things to tell Eva but she wouldn't, Eva said explain it to me and Monica said "Maybe someday. When you're not so upset with me." I have always wondered what it is that she's not telling Eva.

D500 what chapter are you on in CBY?

What did ya'll think of Jeremy York's voice for Gideon? I didn't like it at first, but it grew of me. The Crossfire Series are my go to audio books when I'm doing yard work, so it will be nice to have a new one. Lots of yard work in Texas and it all starts in April! Started reading BTY this morning!  

I read some comments on a Good Reads forum where members felt that some things were being added to the story purely for the future tv show.  I'm not sure that is the case.

Two scenarios that were mentioned:

Megumi disappearing and reappearing and telling Eva what happened - surely this entire scenario was there for the end result of Eva deciding to get involved in the Crossroads Foundation?  Just a small side story having an effect on the main story line. (Nathan's bracelet was also a small side story - but does mean Gideon owes Clancy/Clancy's brother for the alibi).

Gideon's friends - well come on, so far we had only heard from Eva about life etc.  Gideon is not isolated, he has friends.  Once the story began to be told from his POV then there's a point to his friends appearing in the story.  He's not a loner, we already knew about Arnaldo but introducing Arash and the others isn't a ploy to get more characters for a tv series, it's surely a natural progression in the story.  He's going to need a best man, he's not friends with his brother so there had to be someone else in his life to fill that role. 

All the side stories (Cary and the baby, Eva's parents, Ireland and her boyfriend) will probably have very quick outcomes, but the story of why his mother didn't believe him and why his brother hates him maybe need a bit more explanation. 

There was also a comment (not sure if it was on Good Reads or Facebook) that expanding this to a 5 book series was for the tv show - no idea if that is correct or someone's supposition (some of the people writing on Good Reads do seem to have a small vendetta going on towards the author and act as if they know things when they are not the author nor someone involved with the author), but I got the impression at the time of the announcement that it was purely because the story was bigger than originally thought and to do Gideon's side of the story justice more books were needed. 

I do find it odd that people loved the books and the characters, yet once it was announced there would be 5 books instead of 3 a lot of vitriol was spewed and readers began having tantrums and stomping their feet saying they would not buy any more of the author's books.  Surely if you are enjoying a story then having it extended so it is completed correctly is good?

I'm sure when Sylvia started writing these books she thought it would be 3, but as the story progressed there was just too much for 3 books. I get irritated when I read series and at the last of the book the author seems to cram all the answers at once  I'm glad we are able to see thing pan out in a timely manner. Also it seems in other series not all the questions are answered. I hope that's not the case in OWY.     

2 hours ago, Lou1974 said:

What did ya'll think of Jeremy York's voice for Gideon? I didn't like it at first, but it grew of me. The Crossfire Series are my go to audio books when I'm doing yard work, so it will be nice to have a new one. Lots of yard work in Texas and it all starts in April! Started reading BTY this morning!  

I agree.  I accepted him but I always felt there must be some else out there.  It also seems female  narrators are better at reading men then male readers are at reading women.  Jill Redfield is an excellent example.

As impatient as I am, I am very glad that it is 5 books. I believe Sylvia's characters took her further into their lives that she originally thought. I don't think she will cram the answers in I read that the chapters are very long.  People complained that OWY wasn't out in 2015 on Sylvia's coming soon page it stated that the COVER will be released in 2015 which it was it did not say the book would be (at least not any where I read).  Also, I'm at a loss where did you hear Jeremy York's voice for Gideon I don't have Facebook so if it was on there I won't be able to hear it :(. Can someone tell me where to find it please?

2 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

As impatient as I am, I am very glad that it is 5 books. I believe Sylvia's characters took her further into their lives that she originally thought. I don't think she will cram the answers in I read that the chapters are very long.  People complained that OWY wasn't out in 2015 on Sylvia's coming soon page it stated that the COVER will be released in 2015 which it was it did not say the book would be (at least not any where I read).  Also, I'm at a loss where did you hear Jeremy York's voice for Gideon I don't have Facebook so if it was on there I won't be able to hear it :(. Can someone tell me where to find it please?

I wouldn't care if the series was 10 books long....just love this couple!!

I believe they are talking about the audio version of the books.  I think you can hear them on you tube under sylvia day.  CBY is the first book that had both narrators.

2 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

He's the narrator for Gideon's POV in CBY's  audio book . He will also be reading it in OWY. His voice was a bit rough, I alway imagined Gideon's voice would be smooth. 

14 minutes ago, jmhope said:

I wouldn't care if the series was 10 books long....just love this couple!!

I believe they are talking about the audio version of the books.  I think you can hear them on you tube under sylvia day.  CBY is the first book that had both narrators.

First, thank you for the information I appreciate it, an I totally agree with you I love this couple and series I will be very sad when I'm done reading but then Ill have them all to keep re-reading them all the time.

4 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

He's the narrator for Gideon's POV in CBY's  audio book . He will also be reading it in OWY. His voice was a bit rough, I alway imagined Gideon's voice would be smooth. 

Thank you for the information I appreciate it.

I'll check out youtube!

there is a tweet from Sylvia asking....Should Trey forgive Cary?    That is a hard question.  Was their relationship exclusive?  Didn't Cary meet both Trey and Tatiana at the same time?  I mean if you have casual sex with lots of people (even if you are "careful") accidents do happen, Trey just can't get pregnant.  Don't really know if Cary has done something to be forgiven for? other than having relations with men and women.  Did Trey know about the blonde that Cary did at the Advocacy dinner the first night that Gideon and Eva had sex?  That is a really hard question, but can Trey be with Cary knowing that he may or may not be having a baby?  Just glad that I don't have to decide.  Can't wait for 4/5/16!!

9 minutes ago, jmhope said:

there is a tweet from Sylvia asking....Should Trey forgive Cary?    That is a hard question.  Was their relationship exclusive?  Didn't Cary meet both Trey and Tatiana at the same time?  I mean if you have casual sex with lots of people (even if you are "careful") accidents do happen, Trey just can't get pregnant.  Don't really know if Cary has done something to be forgiven for? other than having relations with men and women.  Did Trey know about the blonde that Cary did at the Advocacy dinner the first night that Gideon and Eva had sex?  That is a really hard question, but can Trey be with Cary knowing that he may or may not be having a baby?  Just glad that I don't have to decide.  Can't wait for 4/5/16!!

I saw that tweet and have been thinking about it, I don't think they were exclusive and I agree that I'm not sure Cary has anything to be forgiven for. I'm also not sure that it is Cary's baby because I got the impression (maybe in my own mind) that Tatiana "got" around.  It is a very hard question, one I'm glad I don't have to decide either. I'm hoping for more of Chapter 1 this coming weekend. 15 days!!

I am excited that the book will finally be out. 

Has anyone read the Outlander series?  I love the way Diana Gabaldon writes. As much as I love the relationship of Gideon and Eva, the relationship between Claire and Jamie is one I feel I became a part of while reading it. The audiobooks are the best ones I ever heard also. The narrator, Davina Porter is fantastic doing all the voices. 

12 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

I saw that tweet and have been thinking about it, I don't think they were exclusive and I agree that I'm not sure Cary has anything to be forgiven for. I'm also not sure that it is Cary's baby because I got the impression (maybe in my own mind) that Tatiana "got" around.  It is a very hard question, one I'm glad I don't have to decide either. I'm hoping for more of Chapter 1 this coming weekend. 15 days!!

I also agree I don't think Cary has anything to be forgiven for. They were not exclusive, even though I think Tray wasn't seeing anyone other than Cary. Mostly because I don't think he had time due to work and school schedule. He wasn't happy about Tat, but mostly because she was a woman. Cary said himself, Tray wouldn't be half as mad if it was another man. 

Another topic we discussed previously, Dr Lucas. I just started RIY, and yes Dr Lucas was married when Gideon was 12/13.  He's 45, and been married for 20 years, so yes Hugh was his brother in law at the time of the abuse. So there is my question again, why would Elizabeth consult the brother in law of her son's accused abuser. I want that answer.  

Thanks for the info re Dr Lucas and yes, we need an answer as to why Elizabeth did that.

Doesn't Elizabeth realise her own actions have caused the rift with Gideon - she has a go at Eva for digging up the past possibly because she's scared the truth will come out??

Gideon still protects his mother by ensuring the Vidal record company keeps its head above water, but in Captivated says he sometimes hates seeing his own face in the mirror because it is so like his mothers. 

13 hours ago, Ript said:

I am excited that the book will finally be out. 

Has anyone read the Outlander series?  I love the way Diana Gabaldon writes. As much as I love the relationship of Gideon and Eva, the relationship between Claire and Jamie is one I feel I became a part of while reading it. The audiobooks are the best ones I ever heard also. The narrator, Davina Porter is fantastic doing all the voices. 

Yes I love that book series. Can't wait for April 9 for it to come back  on starz!!  This season will be based on book two Dragonfly in Amber

14 minutes ago, D500 said:

New snippet on another book blog site so not a continuation of chapter 1.

http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com/stories/2016/03/one-with-you-exclusive-excerpt

Just a quick note I'll think and write more tonight. I read that excerpt I got a funny feeling in my stomach (I read it quickly, I saw it in Twitter) why was he rushing out it seemed like they were arguing am I wrong? What are your thoughts? 

9 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

Just a quick note I'll think and write more tonight. I read that excerpt I got a funny feeling in my stomach (I read it quickly, I saw it in Twitter) why was he rushing out it seemed like they were arguing am I wrong? What are your thoughts? 

They've been somewhere by plane, not sure why she worries he will catch cold (may depend on where they have just been?).  They've only just got home (he went straight into the shower when they got home and his hair is still wet)  As usual he is full of energy, she isn't. 

I don't think they've been arguing, she's just tired and probably not really looking forward to her mom and the consequent talking about the wedding where Monica will have her own ideas which will not match Eva's. 

Hmm, Gideon in just a blue tie . . . . .  .

2 minutes ago, D500 said:

They've been somewhere by plane, not sure why she worries he will catch cold (may depend on where they have just been?).  They've only just got home (he went straight into the shower when they got home and his hair is still wet)  As usual he is full of energy, she isn't. 

I don't think they've been arguing, she's just tired and probably not really looking forward to her mom and the consequent talking about the wedding where Monica will have her own ideas which will not match Eva's. 

Hmm, Gideon in just a blue tie . . . . .  .

Thank you! I'll re-read it tonight when I have more time. I did re-read yesterday the excerpt from Natasha's site. Where are you in CBY?