One with You

Gaia

Just read chapter 5 where Gideon is in San Diego, sees Brett with the Eva stand in, and Eva ends up at the hotel with him.  Tonight it's Eva's POV while they are in San Diego (I'm reading each day's chapter late in the evening so on the last chapter I flow straight into One With You when it is (hopefully) in my kindle account just after midnight)

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Ript said:
17 hours ago, jmhope said:
17 hours ago, jmhope said:

there is a tweet from Sylvia asking....Should Trey forgive Cary?    That is a hard question.  Was their relationship exclusive?  Didn't Cary meet both Trey and Tatiana at the same time?  I mean if you have casual sex with lots of people (even if you are "careful") accidents do happen, Trey just can't get pregnant.  Don't really know if Cary has done something to be forgiven for? other than having relations with men and women.  Did Trey know about the blonde that Cary did at the Advocacy dinner the first night that Gideon and Eva had sex?  That is a really hard question, but can Trey be with Cary knowing that he may or may not be having a baby?  Just glad that I don't have to decide.  Can't wait for 4/5/16!!

there is a tweet from Sylvia asking....Should Trey forgive Cary?    That is a hard question.  Was their relationship exclusive?  Didn't Cary meet both Trey and Tatiana at the same time?  I mean if you have casual sex with lots of people (even if you are "careful") accidents do happen, Trey just can't get pregnant.  Don't really know if Cary has done something to be forgiven for? other than having relations with men and women.  Did Trey know about the blonde that Cary did at the Advocacy dinner the first night that Gideon and Eva had sex?  That is a really hard question, but can Trey be with Cary knowing that he may or may not be having a baby?  Just glad that I don't have to decide.  Can't wait for 4/5/16!!

Sorry about the double-posting. I can't get the hang of this quote function. The question by Sylvia about Cary and Trey was on Facebook too. It made me think back to how Gideon's actions at the advocacy dinner itself hurt Eva and he sought forgiveness afterward. The night of the dinner, there was a crystal clear understanding at the time Eva and Gideon were not even a couple let alone exclusive, and yet Eva ended up hurt, so hurt that by Monday she was prepared to cut Gideon out of her life. With Cary and Trey, take this a step further, because they have been a couple and Trey has confessed to being insecure about Cary's women. Think about Trey now devastated that Cary got a woman pregnant, which makes her some sort of permanent tie. Should Trey cut Cary off forever? I hope OWY wraps up the Cary storyline about the triangle with Tat and Trey. Oh and I doubt the baby is Cary's. he was careful about condoms. I think Tat wants Cary to support her financially and so she's claiming the baby definitely is his.

27 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

Thank you! I'll re-read it tonight when I have more time. I did re-read yesterday the excerpt from Natasha's site. Where are you in CBY? 

32 minutes ago, D500 said:

They've been somewhere by plane, not sure why she worries he will catch cold (may depend on where they have just been?).  They've only just got home (he went straight into the shower when they got home and his hair is still wet)  As usual he is full of energy, she isn't. 

I don't think they've been arguing, she's just tired and probably not really looking forward to her mom and the consequent talking about the wedding where Monica will have her own ideas which will not match Eva's. 

Hmm, Gideon in just a blue tie . . . . .  .

Just realised the cold comment may be due to the old wives tale about going out with wet hair can cause a cold.

I think they may have just returned from the Outer Banks weekend  which would be the first weekend after they  reunited that Gideon was talking to Arash about.  The snippet is interesting in that Sylvia must have changed  her mind about  Eva staying out of Gideon's bed until the wedding because clearly there has been some action!! Eva can't resist those blue eyes...although it must be something very important to take Gideon away from Eva so early in the morning so Im thinking a meeting about Brett Kline or Ann Lucas or one of the many pressing problems...

I just re-read that excerpt, I don't know why I have a funny feeling but it's probably because he was rushing out so early and why he asked "You're staying home today, right?" then she said wait, you've got a dozen of those ties? Which he replied "It's your favorite, then said again "Home, right?" I don't know why he wants to make sure she is staying home. I mentioned earlier that I thought they were arguing it's probably because he told her to stop nagging him and called her grumpy.  My mind is racing I'm so excited about the book coming out so I think I'm getting anxious. I just love this series so much!!

11 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

I just re-read that excerpt, I don't know why I have a funny feeling but it's probably because he was rushing out so early and why he asked "You're staying home today, right?" then she said wait, you've got a dozen of those ties? Which he replied "It's your favorite, then said again "Home, right?" I don't know why he wants to make sure she is staying home. I mentioned earlier that I thought they were arguing it's probably because he told her to stop nagging him and called her grumpy.  My mind is racing I'm so excited about the book coming out so I think I'm getting anxious. I just love this series so much!!

Wonder if he wants to be sure she will be at home because he has a surprise delivery for her??? 

Also if you are an iBooks user you can now get a sample of One With You - it is just the parts of Chapter 1 from Sylvia's web site but it means you have it to hand.  Go to the book on iTunes and below the purchase button is 'get sample' - mine took a little while to actually appear on my device - iTunes has nested all the novels into one folder on my iPad and I only discovered it just now because I found most of the Day novels needed updating (Captivated has minor text changes and others something to do with extras has changed - not sure what the extras are as I can't see them). 

7 minutes ago, D500 said:

Wonder if he wants to be sure she will be at home because he has a surprise delivery for her??? 

Also if you are an iBooks user you can now get a sample of One With You - it is just the parts of Chapter 1 from Sylvia's web site but it means you have it to hand.  Go to the book on iTunes and below the purchase button is 'get sample' - mine took a little while to actually appear on my device - iTunes has nested all the novels into one folder on my iPad and I only discovered it just now because I found most of the Day novels needed updating (Captivated has minor text changes and others something to do with extras has changed - not sure what the extras are as I can't see them). 

Thank you I like your thinking (I'm just anxious). I don't think I have iBooks I'll have to check (it's 9:15 am where I am not sure of your time) tonight. 

7 minutes ago, sscrph said:

In the snippet I think Gideon is definitely being secretive about something...Eva usually picks up on it but  because she is so tired  she's not feeling it.

Yes I agree with you and that's what makes me anxious. 

Now someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I remember in CBY that Mark took the position with Cross Industries but in the first chapter of OWY and Eva gave her notice I got the impression that he wasn't going to work at Cross Industries and I wrong?

1 hour ago, patricia-ann said:

Thank you I like your thinking (I'm just anxious). I don't think I have iBooks I'll have to check (it's 9:15 am where I am not sure of your time) tonight. 

Yes I agree with you and that's what makes me anxious. 

Now someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I remember in CBY that Mark took the position with Cross Industries but in the first chapter of OWY and Eva gave her notice I got the impression that he wasn't going to work at Cross Industries and I wrong?

I wondered about that too, Mark seemed shocked that she was quitting. I thought, why did it matter if he was going to work at CI. Maybe he wanted her to stay till the end of October with him, then that would give him time to try to talk her into going with him to CI.  

1 hour ago, Lou1974 said:

I wondered about that too, Mark seemed shocked that she was quitting. I thought, why did it matter if he was going to work at CI. Maybe he wanted her to stay till the end of October with him, then that would give him time to try to talk her into going with him to CI.  

At the very end of Captivated by You, Eva tells Gideon Mark has received "a retention offer" from Waters Field & Leaman to which she adds she does not know what Mark is going to do.  Gideon asks Eva if she will come to Cross Industries if Mark makes the move.  Her response is "I'm not sure yet...."

This exchange takes place on the last two pages of CBY! 

31 minutes ago, BettyY37 said:

At the very end of Captivated by You, Eva tells Gideon Mark has received "a retention offer" from Waters Field & Leaman to which she adds she does not know what Mark is going to do.  Gideon asks Eva if she will come to Cross Industries if Mark makes the move.  Her response is "I'm not sure yet...."

I think he'll go to CI, the offer was too good. 

16 hours ago, sscrph said:

I think they may have just returned from the Outer Banks weekend  which would be the first weekend after they  reunited that Gideon was talking to Arash about.  The snippet is interesting in that Sylvia must have changed  her mind about  Eva staying out of Gideon's bed until the wedding because clearly there has been some action!! Eva can't resist those blue eyes...although it must be something very important to take Gideon away from Eva so early in the morning so Im thinking a meeting about Brett Kline or Ann Lucas or one of the many pressing problems...

I think you're right they went to the Outer Banks, and I think/hope Gideon managed to convince Eva to 'come home' by moving back into the penthouse and/or their love nest apartment. Maybe Gideon did something in OWY to yet again prove his willingness to change. Like what happened near the end of RIY, the turning-point conversation they had, when Eva said his keeping himself closed off made it impossible for her to have a future with him. Gideon, faced with losing her forever, finally opened up about his being an abuse survivor. His honesty made Eva change her mind about leaving him for good.

In the RIY trip to the Outer Banks, Gideon made himself and Eva unreachable by the outside world, a decision he came to regret. Arash later lectured Gideon about not having a phone during the weekend escape with Eva. So maybe this time when they went away for the weekend, Gideon made sure he could be reached in case of emergency. Did something come up during the weekend that explains Gideon now rushing out the door during the scene in the new snippet we go? Some threat to Eva's peace of mind or even her physical safety, which is why Gideon needed assurance she'd spend the day at home? I can think of two looming problems Arash is helping Gideon with: trying to keep the sex tape from coming out, and trying to keep Corrine's book from being published. Raul is keeping tabs on Anne Lucas, so there's another possibility of a threat Gideon caught wind of.

1 hour ago, BettyY37 said:

53 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

I think he'll go to CI, the offer was too good. 

I'll bet CI rival LanCorp is behind the retention offer Mark received. Mark's been made a pawn in the Cross-Landon feud.

Just finished RIY, man it twist my stomach when Gideon tell Eva about his abuse, and then again when the detective tells Eva about Gideon killing Nathan. I haven't read this book as many times as the others, because it's just all around too sad. Not as sad as a Colleen Hoover book, I don't cry, but dang to much emotions. Now, onto EWY, my favorite of the books. Hoping OWY will become my favorite. Hope we get a teaser sometime today.    

I like everyone's opinions, I hope we get more of chapter one by this coming weekend. I convinced a co-worker to read the series she just finished RIY and understands why I was so anxious when I read it even after all of the times that I have read the series. She's starting EWY today she loves the series also.  I really really need a happily ever after!! Two weeks from today!!

1 hour ago, Lou1974 said:

Just finished RIY, man it twist my stomach when Gideon tell Eva about his abuse, and then again when the detective tells Eva about Gideon killing Nathan. I haven't read this book as many times as the others, because it's just all around too sad. Not as sad as a Colleen Hoover book, I don't cry, but dang to much emotions. Now, onto EWY, my favorite of the books. Hoping OWY will become my favorite. Hope we get a teaser sometime today.    

Totally agree Lou...i luv luv luved EWY !! Im hoping OWY  becomes my new favorite too!! :)  

It is odd Gideon being so evasive and wanting to make sure that Eva will be home that day.   Very weird for him to say, stop nagging, and he is full of himself stating that he could f**k her with his blue tie on when he gets home!!

If I remember correctly, Mark had stated at the Wednesday lunch that he had a problem.  He had told WFL about his offer to go to CI and that he would be leaving in October.  Then WFL gave him a counter offer (not as much $$ as CI), but Mark feels some loyalty to them and is afraid that LanCorp will pull the account if he is not there to handle it.  That is when Eva tells him that no matter what she wouldn't/can't work on that account with him.  So don't know why Mark is so surprised or shocked.

I don't believe Tatiana's baby is Cary's.  Remember she just came back in RIY after being gone for a photo shoot and that is when she learned about Cary's attack.  She could have fooled around when she was out of town.  They aren't exclusive either.

Hope we do get an Easter addition to chapter one!!  The exerpts are nice, but I can hear Sylvia laughing in the background about our speculations.

Oh yeah. did you guys see the photo/tweet of the difference in size of OWY and RIY?!  Two weeks from now hopefully I will be almost finished reading OWY

1 hour ago, jmhope said:

It is odd Gideon being so evasive and wanting to make sure that Eva will be home that day.   Very weird for him to say, stop nagging, and he is full of himself stating that he could f**k her with his blue tie on when he gets home!!

If I remember correctly, Mark had stated at the Wednesday lunch that he had a problem.  He had told WFL about his offer to go to CI and that he would be leaving in October.  Then WFL gave him a counter offer (not as much $$ as CI), but Mark feels some loyalty to them and is afraid that LanCorp will pull the account if he is not there to handle it.  That is when Eva tells him that no matter what she wouldn't/can't work on that account with him.  So don't know why Mark is so surprised or shocked.

I don't believe Tatiana's baby is Cary's.  Remember she just came back in RIY after being gone for a photo shoot and that is when she learned about Cary's attack.  She could have fooled around when she was out of town.  They aren't exclusive either.

Hope we do get an Easter addition to chapter one!!  The exerpts are nice, but I can hear Sylvia laughing in the background about our speculations.

Oh yeah. did you guys see the photo/tweet of the difference in size of OWY and RIY?!  Two weeks from now hopefully I will be almost finished reading OWY

I totally agree with everything that you say. My friend read the excerpt and she didn't think anything of it I told her she was wrong haha. I did see the photo/tweet and it is making me even more excited to think all of the questions will be answered.  I may have to call in sick on April 5th so I can read the entire book.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:30 PM, D500 said:

They've been somewhere by plane, not sure why she worries he will catch cold (may depend on where they have just been?).  They've only just got home (he went straight into the shower when they got home and his hair is still wet)  As usual he is full of energy, she isn't. 

I don't think they've been arguing, she's just tired and probably not really looking forward to her mom and the consequent talking about the wedding where Monica will have her own ideas which will not match Eva's. 

Hmm, Gideon in just a blue tie . . . . .  .

This excerpt doesn't seem like a SylviaDay style of writing. In my opinion Gideon wouldn't speak to Eva like that. I can't ever see Gideon telling Eva to stop nagging him. Also tells her to stop scowling at him. He calls her a grumpy Angel.   Never heard him speak like that. And Eva says what would it be like to be screwed by him with him wearing his suit. Well they have had sex with him wearing his suit in Entwined with you, so this line seems off to me.

Are we sure this is a legit excerpt?

Sylvia posted a link to the scene on Facebook with the following words:

"Who wants to start their week with a scene from ‪#‎OneWithYou‬?"

So presumably it is from the book.

I wonder if Eva's decision to quit is more that she really needs to get a move on to arrange the wedding and it would be simpler if she were not working?  Once that is over with she can start on the charity work.  She was giving a surprisingly short notice of leaving if going on the Friday of the week the book opens with.

One of the videos Sylvia posted on Facebook has Eva thinking 'Had I demanded more of him than I had of myself?'.  That could be why she is back in his bed, he's been opening up which we know is hard for him to do and to deny him the closeness he needs would not be fair.

In about two weeks most of us will know for sure.

The chapter of CBY I read last night had the confrontation with Christopher.  I noted Gideon's thought:  'It was the sad truth that I brought out the worst in my brother.  The only times he ever acted cruelly or rashly was when he was trying to hurt me.  I'd seen him give brilliant speeches, charm people with his natural charisma, and impress board members with his industry savvy, but he never displayed those traits towards me.'  I'm assuming Gideon is classing Christopher's treatment of Magdalene in the 'trying to hurt me' genre of actions.  Something has to have happened as a child over Christopher - maybe whatever that was has something to do with Elizabeth's attitude to Gideon's abuse?  Gideon is obviously oblivious to whatever it was - could he have been having nightmares even before the abuse, as a result of his father's suicide and in his sleep did something to Christopher who feels that Gideon has always wanted him dead?  Not certain how old Christopher actually is, Gideon was 5 when his dad died, his mum re-married quickly so assuming Gideon was 7 when Christopher was born and Gideon is about to be 29, Christopher has to be 21/22 so quite young in the business world.