One with You

Gaia

9 minutes ago, D500 said:

Sylvia posted a link to the scene on Facebook with the following words:

"Who wants to start their week with a scene from ‪#‎OneWithYou‬?"

So presumably it is from the book.

I wonder if Eva's decision to quit is more that she really needs to get a move on to arrange the wedding and it would be simpler if she were not working?  Once that is over with she can start on the charity work.  She was giving a surprisingly short notice of leaving if going on the Friday of the week the book opens with.

One of the videos Sylvia posted on Facebook has Eva thinking 'Had I demanded more of him than I had of myself?'.  That could be why she is back in his bed, he's been opening up which we know is hard for him to do and to deny him the closeness he needs would not be fair.

In about two weeks most of us will know for sure.

The chapter of CBY I read last night had the confrontation with Christopher.  I noted Gideon's thought:  'It was the sad truth that I brought out the worst in my brother.  The only times he ever acted cruelly or rashly was when he was trying to hurt me.  I'd seen him give brilliant speeches, charm people with his natural charisma, and impress board members with his industry savvy, but he never displayed those traits towards me.'  I'm assuming Gideon is classing Christopher's treatment of Magdalene in the 'trying to hurt me' genre of actions.  Something has to have happened as a child over Christopher - maybe whatever that was has something to do with Elizabeth's attitude to Gideon's abuse?  Gideon is obviously oblivious to whatever it was - could he have been having nightmares even before the abuse, as a result of his father's suicide and in his sleep did something to Christopher who feels that Gideon has always wanted him dead?  Not certain how old Christopher actually is, Gideon was 5 when his dad died, his mum re-married quickly so assuming Gideon was 7 when Christopher was born and Gideon is about to be 29, Christopher has to be 21/22 so quite young in the business world.

I enjoy reading your posts and to where you are in the series it makes me think more about everything. I said previously that I did not get a good feeling about the excerpt I don't want Gideon to hold information back from Eva so if it is a true excerpt I am hoping that he has a good surprise for her, I also got the impression that he was very distracted and don't remember him just kissing her on the head when ever they parted for the day.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure how I feel about the excerpt, it is strange that Gideon is being a little short with Eva but he could be planning a surprise for her and wants to be sure she will be home. He could also be distracted thinking about business at the office or a situation. Only time will tell, I can't wait for the book we are getting close. I'm so excited at the length of the book it looks like we will be in store for a ride. I am looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts and insights in to the book. Yay us! 

there's a tweet that asks where should Eva, Cary and friends go for her bachelorette party?  Las Vegas. Rio, Miami, or Ibiza.  I would pick Las Vegas since Gideon owns property there and her SD friends would be closer.  Or better yet since Gideon is due a batchelor party they should combine them (this would alleviate the jealous and possesivnes of them both).  Have another group party starting on Gideon's plane and ending in Vegas, since Eva likes to drink and have sex they will be close to each other!!!

It was strange for Gideon not to kiss Eva goodbye on the lips.....Hope things are going well for them!!

15 hours ago, jmhope said:

there's a tweet that asks where should Eva, Cary and friends go for her bachelorette party?  Las Vegas. Rio, Miami, or Ibiza.  I would pick Las Vegas since Gideon owns property there and her SD friends would be closer.  Or better yet since Gideon is due a batchelor party they should combine them (this would alleviate the jealous and possesivnes of them both).  Have another group party starting on Gideon's plane and ending in Vegas, since Eva likes to drink and have sex they will be close to each other!!!

It was strange for Gideon not to kiss Eva goodbye on the lips.....Hope things are going well for them!!

I'm starting to this the teaser and the Wedding Wednesday are related.  They had been traveling and by her saying she didn't want him to be sick for the wedding makes it seem the wedding will be within days. So they had combined or at the very least partied in the same city. Maybe something happened during the trip that now he has to "deal" with. Less than two weeks to go!

3 hours ago, D500 said:

At 00.01 on 5 April I will be maniacally checking for my e-book and then forcing myself to stay awake while I read it!! I think I took about four hours with CBY but this one is going to take longer.

the last time I waited for a book to download it was like 3 am.....think they go on west coast time?  You must be a fast reader to think that you will be finished in 4 hours!!:o  But I am going to bed early Monday night to get up at 3 am to start reading!!  (took the day off to celebrate the coming out of OWY)

Of course there will be a happily ever after! No doubt about it: this is, after all, a romance novel. But HOW will GidEva get there? Get from point A (the obstacles in their marriage) to point HEA (figuring out how to make it work)? I can't wait to see how Sylvia accomplishes it, but I'm sure it will be great, a real page-turning ride.

What's got me wondering (and worrying) is the 'dark moment'. The point where all seems lost. Every romance novel has a dark moment (or moments). In fact, all novels have a turning point in the story where the heroes/heroines face some crisis/defeat. BTY dark moment: Eva found out the reason Gideon ditched her the night they first made love was because he rushed off to help Corrine, a woman he'd wanted to marry, a woman still in love with him and still part of his life. RIY dark moment: Eva found out the reason Gideon blew her off yet again: he took Corrine to the hotel. Both of those dark, dark moments for Eva. I cry every time I re-read the scene where she called him up after seeing the newspaper picture of him and Corrine. EWY dark moment was Gideon's: Corrine tried to kill herself over him, and her unborn baby died. CBY dark moment was Gideon's too: Eva walked out on the marriage.

So, what's gonna be the OWY dark moment, and whose dark moment will it be? Eva or Gideon? I think it'll be his. My guess is something dark from his past becoming public.

2 hours ago, jmhope said:

the last time I waited for a book to download it was like 3 am.....think they go on west coast time?  You must be a fast reader to think that you will be finished in 4 hours!!:o  But I am going to bed early Monday night to get up at 3 am to start reading!!  (took the day off to celebrate the coming out of OWY)

They definitely release on east coast time.  The receipt depends on the source.  I am in PDT zone and get my copies (iBook and iTunes Audible) between 8 and 9PM the day before which corresponds with midnight EDT the day of publication.  Unfortunately the audio release for One With You is not available to preorder on iTunes yet.

I have found I receive Amazon and Audible.com releases later, after midnight PDT the day of publication.  Since I have all four types of accounts, I am very aware of the difference.

PS

Amazon has always delivered any print copy I have preordered on publication day.  They have not missed so far.

Has there been any discussion about Anne Lucas leaving Eva's apartment building?  I have just finished reading that scene.

Anne got off the elevator and the doorman and concierge had not noticed her entry.  The concierge states all visitors were accompanied by tenants.  Later Gideon tells Eva Anne has promised to get back at him by hurting Eva.  I think Anne has been the cause of Cary's recent destructive behavior.  I think she is trying to destroy him to get to Eva and thereby Gideon.  In other forms, Anne was mentioned as the possible doctor who gave Corinne inappropriate medication for her depression that may have made her suicidal.  At that time everyone in the story thought Gideon cared about Corinne. I would not be surprised to find Anne Lucas is the source of Cary's and Corinne's unusual behavior.

PS

Eva did not go upstairs that day.  She has not asked Cary about any redheads either.

I think release is midnight in local time wherever you are, so Australia get it first but the States they may ensure the whole country gets it at the same time regardless of time zone??CBY took about half an hour to arrive on my kindle so I'd given up and bought it again from iTunes which gave it me within minutes of purchase but I've gone for Kindle again this time.  I'm only bothered about pre-ordering the hard copy as the digital you can buy and download straight away anyway so I often wonder why some people get very wound up months before a book release because there's no pre-order.  And yes, Amazon are great at ensuring the books arrive on release day, although for me if they come by post they arrive at around mid-day, or by Amazon delivery then any time up to 19.00 in the evening, but I rely on getting the e-book first.

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Of course there will be a happily ever after! No doubt about it: this is, after all, a romance novel. But HOW will GidEva get there? Get from point A (the obstacles in their marriage) to point HEA (figuring out how to make it work)? I can't wait to see how Sylvia accomplishes it, but I'm sure it will be great, a real page-turning ride.

What's got me wondering (and worrying) is the 'dark moment'. The point where all seems lost. Every romance novel has a dark moment (or moments). In fact, all novels have a turning point in the story where the heroes/heroines face some crisis/defeat. BTY dark moment: Eva found out the reason Gideon ditched her the night they first made love was because he rushed off to help Corrine, a woman he'd wanted to marry, a woman still in love with him and still part of his life. RIY dark moment: Eva found out the reason Gideon blew her off yet again: he took Corrine to the hotel. Both of those dark, dark moments for Eva. I cry every time I re-read the scene where she called him up after seeing the newspaper picture of him and Corrine. EWY dark moment was Gideon's: Corrine tried to kill herself over him, and her unborn baby died. CBY dark moment was Gideon's too: Eva walked out on the marriage.

So, what's gonna be the OWY dark moment, and whose dark moment will it be? Eva or Gideon? I think it'll be his. My guess is something dark from his past becoming public.

May not be Corinne this time - Ann or his mother?  Ann wants to attack Gideon via Eva, Elizabeth seemingly hates Eva because she is taking her son away from her.  Hmm, doesn't she realise she lost him when he was around the age of 12, possibly even when he was 5 and his dad killed himself after committing a crime and the constant arguments with Elizabeth - Gideon must have been party to some of those rows, and of course although we know his father shot himself we don't know where or how - did Geoffrey do it while Elizabeth and Gideon were out or were they in and heard the gun shot?  Who discovered the body? 

But the revelation of something from his past is a very good theory, and wouldn't surprise me as we know there is still more for us to learn.

20 minutes ago, D500 said:

I think release is midnight in local time wherever you are, so Australia get it first but the States they may ensure the whole country gets it at the same time regardless of time zone??CBY took about half an hour to arrive on my kindle so I'd given up and bought it again from iTunes which gave it me within minutes of purchase but I've gone for Kindle again this time.  I'm only bothered about pre-ordering the hard copy as the digital you can buy and download straight away anyway so I often wonder why some people get very wound up months before a book release because there's no pre-order.  And yes, Amazon are great at ensuring the books arrive on release day, although for me if they come by post they arrive at around mid-day, or by Amazon delivery then any time up to 19.00 in the evening, but I rely on getting the e-book first.

May not be Corinne this time - Ann or his mother?  Ann wants to attack Gideon via Eva, Elizabeth seemingly hates Eva because she is taking her son away from her.  Hmm, doesn't she realise she lost him when he was around the age of 12, possibly even when he was 5 and his dad killed himself after committing a crime and the constant arguments with Elizabeth - Gideon must have been party to some of those rows, and of course although we know his father shot himself we don't know where or how - did Geoffrey do it while Elizabeth and Gideon were out or were they in and heard the gun shot?  Who discovered the body? 

But the revelation of something from his past is a very good theory, and wouldn't surprise me as we know there is still more for us to learn.

I'm thinking Anne Lucas, maybe via Deanna Johnson, could do something messy and public. He admitted to himself he was depraved with her. And Deanna said to Eva, "That man has a dark side." Maybe some lies about his involvement in Hugh's suicide? Add on crazy lies about Corrine's attempted suicide, dead baby? And some crazy shrink stuff about his father's suicide being to blame for deep-seated pathology? I wonder whether his father killed himself at home, and little Gideon saw. Gideon sometimes has nightmares where he cries. Hugh would have known the details about the suicide, and maybe he told his sister Anne things?

Then again, the OWY crisis could be something totally unexpected. RIY blew me away when the stuff about Nathan came out, revealing the real reason Gideon had gone out of his way to convince Eva he got back together with Corrine. Protect Eva from being suspected of murder.

43 minutes ago, BettyY37 said:

Has there been any discussion about Anne Lucas leaving Eva's apartment building?  I have just finished reading that scene.

Anne got off the elevator and the doorman and concierge had not noticed her entry.  The concierge states all visitors were accompanied by tenants.  Later Gideon tells Eva Anne has promised to get back at him by hurting Eva.  I think Anne has been the cause of Cary's recent destructive behavior.  I think she is trying to destroy him to get to Eva and thereby Gideon.  In other forms, Anne was mentioned as the possible doctor who gave Corinne inappropriate medication for her depression that may have made her suicidal.  At that time everyone in the story thought Gideon cared about Corinne. I would not be surprised to find Anne Lucas is the source of Cary's and Corinne's unusual behavior.

PS

Eva did not go upstairs that day.  She has not asked Cary about any redheads either.

Or Anne's real goal is to try to destroy Eva? Eva is very well protected at the Crossfire, in Gideon's cars and at his penthouse, but Anne managed to get next to her at a public function. The ultimate goal: somehow get into Eva's home? Trying to do so via Cary? It would be Nathan all over again, who went after Cary as part of stalking Eva. Now Anne is stalking her? And Cary is the weak link in the security chain?

Gah! April 5 cannot come soon enough!!!!!!!!!

I like the fact that Gideon cries and that Eva accepts that he does.  Some would see that as a sign of weakness, but it is a very human reaction. and this character, at the age of 5,  had to face his parents falling out and then his dad killing himself.  Accepted a new man in place of his dad, a younger brother who his mother doubtless made more of a fuss of than she did of Gideon (understandably as a new mother, and with a son that was already playing up) and then when pregnant again mother brings in a therapist who, instead of solving the child's problems, adds to them.  Couple that with his brother growing up and having a grudge against him, not really having got to know his step-father but having to bail his company out rather than see his mother again lose her lifestyle unsurprising that when he finds someone who really does care for him he is able to show his emotions which have been kept very much under wraps for years.

And of course towards the end of CBY when Eva is slipping away from him he becomes 'needy' because he cannot contemplate life without her. 

I think we've talked about this before but I wonder if the turning point in the book may be some form of violence.  Sylvia has mentioned guns and bodyguards from the very beginning.  So maybe a shooting or someone getting hurt again - kidnapped or ??.   As far as the latest teaser - I wonder if they've been to the house at the outer banks planning the wedding?

I'm re-reading EWY now and will have CBY done by April 4th.  I don't think I'll have OWY done within 4 hours and of course I will re-read it a few times to make sure I didn't miss anything.  The dark moments scare me I too cry every time I read RIY like I've mentioned a few times before RIY makes me very anxious. The end of CBY was with Anne in Eva's building and Corinne's book release so I'm thinking that OWY will start with those characters not too far into the book. We don't know where in OWY the excerpt which Gideon is acting weird is, maybe they are just getting back from the outer banks from finalize the wedding Eva volunteered Gideon to take care of the lodging.  I wish OWY was out tonight or tomorrow since I have a 3 day weekend. We are not far from single digit days woohoo!!

I think I have posted this before but I think Anne is the biggest threat to Eva. I really think she wants to do physical harm to Eva because I think she has really lost it . I'm sure she was talking about herself when she stated that some women have developed severe depression due to Gideon. I think Cary is definitely the one that let her into the apartment building that day and if this is the case , the fact that she is penetrating Eva's inner circle can only spell big trouble. Won't be long till we know all the answers!!

41 minutes ago, sscrph said:

I think I have posted this before but I think Anne is the biggest threat to Eva. I really think she wants to do physical harm to Eva because I think she has really lost it . I'm sure she was talking about herself when she stated that some women have developed severe depression due to Gideon. I think Cary is definitely the one that let her into the apartment building that day and if this is the case , the fact that she is penetrating Eva's inner circle can only spell big trouble. Won't be long till we know all the answers!!

I agree with you especially since Anne was the one with Cary at that gala. I think she knew who he was then and has just been waiting to make her move. Cary didn't know her name and Eva didn't tell him who she was. I hope Eva gets to use her Krav Maga skills on Anne if she needs to. 

Just seen a comment on Facebook that some US stores are already selling the book - disappointing if they are - if it was a day or two before publication a mistake could have occurred but this far away it is unforgiveable to put the book out.  So let's hope no-one gives the storyline away.  Surprised that copies have already been sent to the stores, after last year's problems it might have been wise of the publishers not to distribute the books until a couple of days before release.

In my re-reading chapter of CBY last night I picked up on this:

Gideon speaking to Eva about his visits to Dr Petersen: "You're assuming Hugh is the problem," I said evenly, feeling the burn of hatred and humiliation in my gut.  "We've been talking about my father instead." She recalls he has two ways of waking from his dreams - ready to beat someone up or crying like his heart is breaking and she knows the former is to do with Hugh.

1 hour ago, D500 said:

Just seen a comment on Facebook that some US stores are already selling the book - disappointing if they are - if it was a day or two before publication a mistake could have occurred but this far away it is unforgiveable to put the book out.  So let's hope no-one gives the storyline away.  Surprised that copies have already been sent to the stores, after last year's problems it might have been wise of the publishers not to distribute the books until a couple of days before release.

Gideon speaking to Eva about his visits to Dr Petersen: "You're assuming Hugh is the problem," I said evenly, feeling the burn of hatred and humiliation in my gut.  "We've been talking about my father instead." She recalls he has two ways of waking from his dreams - ready to beat someone up or crying like his heart is breaking and she knows the former is to do with Hugh.

I live in the US (on the East Coast) and would also be disappointed if they were selling it now as anxious and impatient that I am I still wouldn't purchase it now. So I called my local Barnes and Noble bookstore and asked if I can come in to buy it and they told me they don't have it yet and will be available on April 5th she asked if I wanted to pre-order it, that made me a little happy knowing it was not there.

I'm wondering if, when Gideon during his nightmares cries is because maybe he did witness his father killing himself, I'm not sure your thoughts?

Do we know how long ago it was that Anne had her affair with Gideon? Have any of you now re-reading the books come across a timeline?

2 hours ago, D500 said:

It always happens, no matter how careful the publishers are, that some people manage to get their hands on hot new books ahead of release day. I remember years ago with the Harry Potter books I heard of people somehow getting their hands on copies. I don't resent fans who do. I consider them lucky. The only people I would resent would be those who post spoilers. Speaking of, did you all see the spoiler thread the site administrator set up? I like the idea the thread is locked down until release day. Kudos to the staff person who set that up. She (or he) should get a raise.

I can't establish a timeline for Anne Lucas from what is in the books.

Gideon met Corinne during his first year at Columbia, two years later they got engaged, one year later broke it off.  So meeting Anne will be after that.

He challenged Hugh after the statute of limitations for him presumably prosecuting Hugh had run out, Hugh commits suicide and I assume getting together with Anne came after that once he realised she was (a) Lucas wife and (b) Hugh's sister.

In searching through the e-book just for the word 'Lucas' I came across something in CBY where Gideon says to Eva "If I hadn't used Deanna to send a message to Anne that the door was closed between us, she would've been just a one-night stand.  Over and done with."  I thought she was a one night stand?  He had said earlier in the storyline "She was a mistake in every sense.  She made herself available once, and I make it a rule to avoid overly eager women a second time."  and further down the page "I used Deanna to keep Anne from approaching me.  I didn't feel good about it afterward and I didn't handle it well."