One with You

Gaia

9 minutes ago, D500 said:

I can't establish a timeline for Anne Lucas from what is in the books.

Gideon met Corinne during his first year at Columbia, two years later they got engaged, one year later broke it off.  So meeting Anne will be after that.

He challenged Hugh after the statute of limitations for him presumably prosecuting Hugh had run out, Hugh commits suicide and I assume getting together with Anne came after that once he realised she was (a) Lucas wife and (b) Hugh's sister.

In searching through the e-book just for the word 'Lucas' I came across something in CBY where Gideon says to Eva "If I hadn't used Deanna to send a message to Anne that the door was closed between us, she would've been just a one-night stand.  Over and done with."  I thought she was a one night stand?  He had said earlier in the storyline "She was a mistake in every sense.  She made herself available once, and I make it a rule to avoid overly eager women a second time."  and further down the page "I used Deanna to keep Anne from approaching me.  I didn't feel good about it afterward and I didn't handle it well."

I think Gideon 'used' Deanna like he 'used' Corrine. He somehow made Anne believe there was something serious between him and Deanna just like he used Corrine to make Eva believe things were over with them. Here's a theory: Gideon 'dated' Deanna, took her out in public a few times, made sure she was one of the many gorgeous brunettes he was photographed with at society functions. He went out of his way to make Anne believe she'd been dumped for Deanna. I'm certain he told Eva the truth about the sex part: he slept with Deanna only once, and that was it: and that was the end, too: he cut Deanna right off. I can see Gideon going on a head trip soon as he stuck his ####  in Deanna. He'd just broken his rule about not having sex with a woman he dated. The way Deanna tells it, Gideon didn't even finish the deed: he kicked her out of bed and then avoided her after that. Now Magdalene's words to Eva make sense: about him not respecting women he sleeps with and once he stuck his #### in her, he was done. Maybe that is how it played out in real life with Deanna?

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

I think Gideon 'used' Deanna like he 'used' Corrine. He somehow made Anne believe there was something serious between him and Deanna just like he used Corrine to make Eva believe things were over with them. Here's a theory: Gideon 'dated' Deanna, took her out in public a few times, made sure she was one of the many gorgeous brunettes he was photographed with at society functions. He went out of his way to make Anne believe she'd been dumped for Deanna. I'm certain he told Eva the truth about the sex part: he slept with Deanna only once, and that was it: and that was the end, too: he cut Deanna right off. I can see Gideon going on a head trip soon as he stuck his ####  in Deanna. He'd just broken his rule about not having sex with a woman he dated. The way Deanna tells it, Gideon didn't even finish the deed: he kicked her out of bed and then avoided her after that. Now Magdalene's words to Eva make sense: about him not respecting women he sleeps with and once he stuck his #### in her, he was done. Maybe that is how it played out in real life with Deanna?

I don't think it was ever mentioned that while Eva was looking at Gideon's social media sites that Deanna was in any of the photo's the media did report that he had a bevy of beauties, again I could be wrong. I just finished reading chapter 7 in EWY where Deanna and Eva had the phone conversation where she stated that he answered the phone before he was done.  It is possible that he dated her and "used" her for more than the one time.

I'm watching Henry Cavill (and Ben Affleck) on Graham Norton - as he was (in his own words) loser for the James Bond role last time it was up for grabs, there's a chance he might  try and get the role if Daniel Craig really is leaving.  If so he'd definitely not be up for Crossfire.  I still think he's a little too bulky for Gideon but that's purely because of my own interpretation of a guy being built but lean - to me Henry is a little bigger than lean.  I feel for whichever actor does get the role, he's got to fit so strong a description, be able to sing, look amazing in a suit, be unrecognisable in jeans, t shirt and baseball cap (and having seen David Gandy with his baseball cap trying to look like he isn't David Gandy, sorry he looks like David Gandy wearing a baseball cap) and a lot more.  But hopefully there is someone out there who can do it. 

8 hours ago, D500 said:

I can't establish a timeline for Anne Lucas from what is in the books.

Gideon met Corinne during his first year at Columbia, two years later they got engaged, one year later broke it off.  So meeting Anne will be after that.

He challenged Hugh after the statute of limitations for him presumably prosecuting Hugh had run out, Hugh commits suicide and I assume getting together with Anne came after that once he realised she was (a) Lucas wife and (b) Hugh's sister.

In searching through the e-book just for the word 'Lucas' I came across something in CBY where Gideon says to Eva "If I hadn't used Deanna to send a message to Anne that the door was closed between us, she would've been just a one-night stand.  Over and done with."  I thought she was a one night stand?  He had said earlier in the storyline "She was a mistake in every sense.  She made herself available once, and I make it a rule to avoid overly eager women a second time."  and further down the page "I used Deanna to keep Anne from approaching me.  I didn't feel good about it afterward and I didn't handle it well."

Some of your thoughts to the timeline for Anne L could be overlapping.  Like challenging Hugh about setting up a fund to prosecute him if he ever abuses another  child...he could have done that while in college seeing Corrine.  Also I think Gideon saying that Deanna made herself available and that he likes to avoid overly eager women a second time and using Deanna to keep Anne from approaching  him were one and the same instance, then when he went back to his f**kpad with Deanna and answered the phone that really irritated Deanna.  Just thinking here.

We have to remember that Gideon is not always forthcoming with the truth.  He doesn't lie persay, just doesn't explain himself properly.  Like when he told Eva that he has had more sex with her than he had in the past 3 years, then telling Dr Peterson that he would have women maybe twice a week.  He justified that to Eva by saying that he always didn't use his d*ck and felt that they weren't the same.

Noticed the new topic line for OWY...we normally include chapter discussion *spoiler alert* to the past book discussions.  Just 11 more days.  Hope we get an Easter addition to chapter one.....like the rest of chapter one!!

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 3:55 PM, Lighthouse said:

Do we know how long ago it was that Anne had her affair with Gideon? Have any of you now re-reading the books come across a timeline?

It always happens, no matter how careful the publishers are, that some people manage to get their hands on hot new books ahead of release day. I remember years ago with the Harry Potter books I heard of people somehow getting their hands on copies. I don't resent fans who do. I consider them lucky. The only people I would resent would be those who post spoilers. Speaking of, did you all see the spoiler thread the site administrator set up? I like the idea the thread is locked down until release day. Kudos to the staff person who set that up. She (or he) should get a raise.

Just seen a Facebook post from Sylvia that displays for One With You are beginning to go up in bookstores - wonder if that was what the person saw rather than the book itself?

I think Anne is stalking Gideon and Eva. She approached Eva at the advocacy dinner in BTY telling Eva "she's a lucky girl". I think she is dangerous. Gideon doesn't think the would actually physically harm Eva, but I think she would.  

The other thing about Gideon not telling Eva thing has drove me nuts from the start. Yes, he doesn't lie, but when the truth does come out it hurts Eva more because he didn't tell her from the beginning. I hope he starts working on being more forthcoming about things that will effect their relationship.      

I was thinking in that excerpt from hero's and heartbreaker's when I felt Gideon was strange, he was dressed in one of his suits so that in my eyes means that whatever he has to take care of is business as to where when he would meet Brett he was always dressed in jeans and sweats because it was personal. I wonder if Deanna some how found out about what Nathan did to Eva and Gideon is going to stop it and hide the reports. Just my thinking.

That was a great end to chapter one but it leaves me uneasy for a few reasons... I think what Monica fears is that the story of Eva's abuse will somehow become public???? Of course she doesn't voice this to Eva but I still remember Gideon's ominous words in BTY about destroying the journalist or publication that would ever publish such a story. That being said this could also tie into the previous snippet about him asking if she was staying home. I think someone already mentioned that maybe Gideon didnt want Eva to see something. So here we are almost one week to go hopefully these last few days go quick. I expect Sylvia will also give us chapter 2 right before the release. Happy Easter everyone. :)

18 minutes ago, sscrph said:

That was a great end to chapter one but it leaves me uneasy for a few reasons... I think what Monica fears is that the story of Eva's abuse will somehow become public???? Of course she doesn't voice this to Eva but I still remember Gideon's ominous words in BTY about destroying the journalist or publication that would ever publish such a story. That being said this could also tie into the previous snippet about him asking if she was staying home. I think someone already mentioned that maybe Gideon didnt want Eva to see something. So here we are almost one week to go hopefully these last few days go quick. I expect Sylvia will also give us chapter 2 right before the release. Happy Easter everyone. :)

I agree with you about it being a great way to end chapter one, and it also left me uneasy. I did however like how she wanted to contact Gideon to vent to him I hope she does tell him what she wants to do so they can keep the line of communication between them open. Do you really think we will get chapter two?

I don't think we will get chapter 2, Sylvia said to someone either on Facebook or Twitter that we would get two more chunks of chapter 1 before the book was released and we have had those - plus the two excerpts on blogs (would be nice if we got another of those). 

But we know from this that she is going home to her own apartment, not to the penthouse, although that doesn't rule out that Gideon will join her there.

One of those excerpts would be nice, better yet I wish it was April 5th haha not that I want to rush life but I'm anxious and excited. I am happy they are still going to dinner and hopefully that is after the Dr. Peterson appointment. I do hope she tells Gideon her plans.

I thought previously that they were getting married in December but as I reread the last part she says fall is the perfect time to renew their vows?

Both women made good points about letting info out about Gideon and Eva as a couple.  Some info is good, pictures of them together and such, but nothing too intimate.  Like Eva wanted to do in EWY....let the world know that Corrine was married.  People need to remember that she broke  up with Gideon, went and married another guy....like this has been at least 4 years.  Why write a tell all now???  Make it look like Corrine is seeking attention.

Eva needs to talk this over with Gideon and make sure he is on board with idea.  

Now we need chapter two!!  I know....the whole thing will be available 4/5/16!!

Happy Easter everyone

20 minutes ago, jmhope said:

Both women made good points about letting info out about Gideon and Eva as a couple.  Some info is good, pictures of them together and such, but nothing too intimate.  Like Eva wanted to do in EWY....let the world know that Corrine was married.  People need to remember that she broke  up with Gideon, went and married another guy....like this has been at least 4 years.  Why write a tell all now???  Make it look like Corrine is seeking attention.

Eva needs to talk this over with Gideon and make sure he is on board with idea.  

Now we need chapter two!!  I know....the whole thing will be available 4/5/16!!

Happy Easter everyone

Happy Easter to you also! I really like your thinking, it never said in EWY that Gideon fixed his website I hope he did put all of it in.

6 minutes ago, sscrph said:

I loved when Monica told Eva that she was much more interesting than herself...Seems that Monica is aware of her own flaws and has her own insecurities

Agreed, I am also happy that Victor called Monica to discuss Eva and Gideon's eloping I wonder if we will get if the conversation also included what they did.

I suspect the line that says 'Clancy had made sure Gideon would never pay for it' (Nathan) means that story line is over and done with.

jmhope - so right, Corinne was the past.  Yes she had appeared briefly in the present but just for a few days, only in public, and immediately prior to his announcing his engagement and forthcoming wedding to someone else. 

As to Monica's almost panic about Eva giving up her hard-earned privacy, could this be more a panic about Monica losing her own privacy?  As Eva's mother there would be press interest in Monica and her background.  When she asks Eva if she's discussed this with Gideon "I can't see him agreeing to this" does Gideon know some of Monica's past (he will surely have done a background investigation).  Eva notices fear tightening her mother's mouth and shadowing her eyes and this may not be just for Eva.

I did not think Monica was concerned about Nathan because that information got out when Nathan died....that is how Victor found out.  I thought Monica was concern about that unknown time between Eva's conception and her first husband.  I believe Eva was five when Monica married Barker.

5 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

Happy Easter to you also! I really like your thinking, it never said in EWY that Gideon fixed his website I hope he did put all of it in.

Agreed, I am also happy that Victor called Monica to discuss Eva and Gideon's eloping I wonder if we will get if the conversation also included what they did.

Yes after Eva got that upsetting phone call from her Dad saying he knew about Nathan Gideon had her look at the revamped website to get her mind fixating on something else.  Eva said they worked fast 

Just now, jmhope said:

Yes after Eva got that upsetting phone call from her Dad saying he knew about Nathan Gideon had her look at the revamped website to get her mind fixating on something. Eva said they worked fast 

Sylvia's latest question on Facebook and Twitter:  "Was it wrong of Eva to disclose Gideon’s past to his stepfather?"

Eva didn't realise Christopher did not know about the abuse so she technically wasn't disclosing anything to him so I'm okay with that.  But she was confronting Christopher about how she thought he had 'turned a blind eye' to his stepson being raped and here is where I am not so sure she should have got involved.  I know she was doing this out of her love for Gideon and her need to  confront those who had wronged him BUT she objects to Gideon's methods of protecting her, and he specifically told her he did not need her to fight his battles.  This is a little like that scene at the start of Captivated where she is telling Gideon she is confused over her feelings for Brett yet tells Gideon he is an a****** and has hurt her badly by mentioning Corinne (bearing in mind Eva was caught in an embrace with and kissing Brett whereas Gideon has - I believe - not been caught doing any such thing with Corinne).

2 hours ago, jmhope said:

Yes after Eva got that upsetting phone call from her Dad saying he knew about Nathan Gideon had her look at the revamped website to get her mind fixating on something else.  Eva said they worked fast 

Thank you I don't know why I didn't realize that especially because I am re-reading EWY, that part must have been a late night reading.

1 hour ago, D500 said:

Sylvia's latest question on Facebook and Twitter:  "Was it wrong of Eva to disclose Gideon’s past to his stepfather?"

Eva didn't realise Christopher did not know about the abuse so she technically wasn't disclosing anything to him so I'm okay with that.  But she was confronting Christopher about how she thought he had 'turned a blind eye' to his stepson being raped and here is where I am not so sure she should have got involved.  I know she was doing this out of her love for Gideon and her need to  confront those who had wronged him BUT she objects to Gideon's methods of protecting her, and he specifically told her he did not need her to fight his battles.  This is a little like that scene at the start of Captivated where she is telling Gideon she is confused over her feelings for Brett yet tells Gideon he is an a****** and has hurt her badly by mentioning Corinne (bearing in mind Eva was caught in an embrace with and kissing Brett whereas Gideon has - I believe - not been caught doing any such thing with Corinne).

The only thing I can think of is in RIY when Gideon was pulling away Eva saw a photo of him and Corinne he had his arm around her waist and I believe his lips near her forehead other than that I also don't believe he has done anything other than spend time with Corinne, oh and had his hand on her low back.

I'm kind of on Monica's side of this one. If Anne is stalking Eva/Gideon it would just make them more of a target. We already know she's not opposed to disguises (long red wig). Even if it didn't take Eva long to figure that one out. I never thought about Cary being the one to let Anne in the building, but I'm not sure that he did. He didn't even know Anne's name when got together or maybe he did and he just didn't tell Eva. Never the less, if he did let her in and also in the apartment, that's really bad.  

and another thing, Dr Lucas is a fool. Anne not only had an affair with Gideon, but I'm sure she'd have had sex with Cary if he didn't find his brain once they were alone. I don't care how much you "love" someone, how many time can your spouse screw around before you kick them to the curb. She's a nasty piece of work. He needs to grow some balls.