One with You

Gaia

Totally agree Lou but did you ever think that maybe Anne has something on him and they stay together purely out of disgust for each other lol. Gideons take on it was that Dr Lucas was so in love  with Anne that he could't let her go but we also know that Gideon is very naive when it comes to relationships so he may be very wrong about all that.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sscrph said:

Totally agree Lou but did you ever think that maybe Anne has something on him and they stay together purely out of disgust for each other lol. Gideons take on it was that Dr Lucas was so in love  with Anne that he could't let her go but we also know that Gideon is very naive when it comes to relationships so he may be very wrong about all that.

I hadn't thought of that. Also, do you think there will be backlash from Chris's assault on Terry. Not meaning police,but  the assault  could just add to Anne's revenge factor. I'm going crazy with new questions, 8 more days! 

I know it was said last week that Anne got off of the elevator (in Eva's building) however I believe that that is incorrect, as Eva headed back into the lobby (CBY) from checking her mail she saw a woman exiting the building, her spiky red hair caught her attention. It does say that the concierge said they  haven't had any visitors who came in without a tenant today. So I am wondering if she did go in with Cary. I don't believe Eva had spoken to Cary that day she did meet with Trey. Just my thoughts.

Is anybody taking April 5th off to read, I am not sure if I can yet :(.

51 minutes ago, Seattle said:

Does anyone think Gideon will kick Christopher out of Videl ?  Gideon did say that if Christopher wanted a war he would give him one.    How many wars will happen with this book - Ann Lucas,  Christopher,  Landon?

I am not so sure he will kick him out totally, I remember the fight in Gideon's office when Christopher was down and Gideon could have finished but he talked himself out of it. Yes he said he would give him a war if Christopher wanted one, I was thinking that maybe he would some how take away a little more of Christopher's interest in Vidal. 

1 hour ago, Seattle said:

Does anyone think Gideon will kick Christopher out of Videl ?  Gideon did say that if Christopher wanted a war he would give him one.    How many wars will happen with this book - Ann Lucas,  Christopher,  Landon?

I don't think he will kick him out, because it would look bad for the family, and that would be bad for the companies image.  Gideon's main interest in keeping Videl solid is for his sister. I'm sure he'll find other ways.  

New topic. 

Here are a couple of theories and storylines that I am hoping will be resolved.  (1) I believe Detective Shelley Graves is a recipient of assistance from the Crossfire foundation. I believe that she is no longer a threat as stated by another member. I believe this storyline has  ended or been resolved. (2) I am concerned about Eva's strategy to make their lives public as a counter reaction to Corrine's book.  I think this may backfire and result in either a leak or a potential leak about her own past or God forbid Gideon's past. Deanna is an investigative reporter and if she is teamed up with Anne they could start all kinds of trouble.  Anne may have found out from Lucas or through discovery of Hugh's activities about Gideon's abuse. Given the fact that she is a shrink she may gain the professional confidence or illegal access to the files or notes of  either Dr. Peterson, Eva's shrink in New York or her shrink on the west coast. In RIY, Gideon mentions the "shrink and her assistant." I wonder if the shrink could have been Anne or a close relative. Gideon did state that Anne's entire family is full of shrinks. (3)  I would like to see a resolution to Monica's story. The book mentions that Monica was disowned so perhaps she was left penniless and had to make some tough decisions before she met her first husband. (4) I do think that Ireland is dating either Landon's son or younger brother. She may end of eloping and this would be sort of a kind of ironic. I based this upon the conversation that Eva's Dad  had with Gideon regarding the elopement  and the discussion with respect to what he would do if his sister eloped.There will be a lot of twists and turns but we will get happy ending at the conclusion and maybe a blue eyed or gray eyed baby on the way! I am looking forward to another round of spirited discussion from this wonderful group once the final book has been released.

I do think that the therapist that Gideon had as a child may have been Anne.  That would make an interesting story.  She could only come out on the short end of the stick if she went public with any abuse.   If nothing else divulging information about a patient would a bad thing for any Dr. 

Hi Gideonfan2014 WELCOME!! I totally agree with you about detective Shelley Graves ...I had stated many posts ago that I thought she was probably a victim of some type of abuse and in fact probably did benefit from a Crossroads Foundation Program. I came to this conclusion when Eva grabbed her arm in EWY  and Graves  just looked down at Eva's arm and she removed it. I too think she is no longer a threat. On the next topic I agree with Eva's strategy to a point.  There is no problem giving the press some loving photos because I agree that this would only make Corinne look like a sore loser and her book a pathetic attempt at payback . They are already married GAME OVER!! My main concern is the threat of Anne Lucas. I think Gideon underestimates her and is unaware that she is now psychotic and jealous. She wants to make him pay no matter what it does to her career. She is obviously in a loveless marriage and has no children... Her only thoughts are of herself and how good that revenge will feel. Just can't wait for the book. :)

8 hours ago, Seattle said:

I do think that the therapist that Gideon had as a child may have been Anne.  That would make an interesting story.  She could only come out on the short end of the stick if she went public with any abuse.   If nothing else divulging information about a patient would a bad thing for any Dr. 

I never thought about Anne being the therapist, that just makes it even sicker. 

Thinking about it, Lucas would be more likely to be covering for his wife than his brother in law. Anne may have looked different in her mid 20's or he might just not remember. That would be such a crazy twist to the story.  

27 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

I never thought about Anne being the therapist, that just makes it even sicker. 

Thinking about it, Lucas would be more likely to be covering for his wife than his brother in law. Anne may have looked different in her mid 20's or he might just not remember. That would be such a crazy twist to the story.  

I have a very, very, vague recollection of Gideon saying something to Eva along the lines of - when you find out what happened you WILL want to leave - I could be wrong (I've read so many books with that kind of comment in them) and I did a kindle book search for the phrase 'leave me' and a few others and didn't find anything relevant, but the scenario of Anne being the therapist and Gideon getting involved with her could be what he meant (if he had said that).  As I write this though I'm thinking that if the depraved way he had sex with Anne was his idea of punishing her it went wrong because it would seem she enjoyed it and would like more.

I realise Gideon has not said much about Anne either to Eva or in his thoughts but we know he is not great at revealing all to Eva and his mind may open up to us a lot more in this book.

We still need to know how he knew about the sex swing, although I guess a lot of males do look at p*** on line and he may have seen it there.

Today I will be reading the chapter with the elevator scene, that one always makes me cry.

I myself didn't consider Anne as the therapist, I focused on Hugh because he was abuser. I do feel that Anne is now Corinne's therapist and gave her the wrong dosage or wrong med so she would act the way she did.  Don't get me wrong I think Corrine would do whatever she could to try to get Gideon back which will never happen.  I guess I am thinking that because I am reading CBY now. I would love to have all of the answers now even though we are getting closer.

Interesting to read comments about Anne.

I always (since Reflected in You) thought Anne Lucas was the therapist for Gideon and his mother especially when her husband lied about the abuse.  I just thought he never used her name in that context to Eva because he would really look messed-up.  I also have always thought Gideon's red-headed receptionist is related to Anne because of the way she reacts to Eva.  I still would not be surprised to find Anne is using Cary because he is at this time ( as he was for Nathan) an easy target/way to get to Eva.

Right or wrong, we will know very soon.

Afterthought - How did Chris Senior find out about Dr. Terrance Lucas?  I do not remember.

56 minutes ago, BettyY37 said:

Interesting to read comments about Anne.

I always (since Reflected in You) thought Anne Lucas was the therapist for Gideon and his mother especially when her husband lied about the abuse.  I just thought he never used her name in that context to Eva because he would really look messed-up.  I also have always thought Gideon's red-headed receptionist is related to Anne because of the way she reacts to Eva.  I still would not be surprised to find Anne is using Cary because he is at this time ( as he was for Nathan) an easy target/way to get to Eva.

Right or wrong, we will know very soon.

Afterthought - How did Chris Senior find out about Dr. Terrance Lucas?  I do not remember.

I'm guessing Elizabeth told him the doctors names during their fight. He also knew about Hugh being dead, so if the therapist was Anne I'm guessing she might me Chris's next target. Go Chris! He really does seem like a good man.

11 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

I'm guessing Elizabeth told him the doctors names during their fight. He also knew about Hugh being dead, so if the therapist was Anne I'm guessing she might me Chris's next target. Go Chris! He really does seem like a good man.

Go Chris!!!

I know Gideon said he heard his mother tell Chris Senior about the abuse but if he did not know, what was that conversation about?

35 minutes ago, BettyY37 said:

Go Chris!!!

I know Gideon said he heard his mother tell Chris Senior about the abuse but if he did not know, what was that conversation about?

I'm thinking that conversation was about Christopher.  Gideon was a bit self absorbed and wouldn't be following what happened to Christopher back then.  Indeed, Hugh may have told them that Gideon hurt/abused Christopher when it was really Hugh doing the damage.

As for Gideon's red-headed receptionist, I really have felt that this girl is related to Hugh/Anne but that the connection is not well known - different last name and all.  Possibly Hugh's wife was pregnant when Hugh killed himself.  If the wife remarried, the child could have a different last name and maybe Gideon didn't follow all the threads.

1 hour ago, Avid_reader said:

I'm thinking that conversation was about Christopher.  Gideon was a bit self absorbed and wouldn't be following what happened to Christopher back then.  Indeed, Hugh may have told them that Gideon hurt/abused Christopher when it was really Hugh doing the damage.

As for Gideon's red-headed receptionist, I really have felt that this girl is related to Hugh/Anne but that the connection is not well known - different last name and all.  Possibly Hugh's wife was pregnant when Hugh killed himself.  If the wife remarried, the child could have a different last name and maybe Gideon didn't follow all the threads.

Conversation about Christopher Junior!  Interesting plot concept....I like it.  Glad you took the time to post that idea.

We will find out if Sylvia was thinking like you very soon.

3 hours ago, Avid_reader said:

Hugh had a child, a boy, just a few years old - Gideon told Eva this.  Gideon said the statute of limitations had run out for him by the time he was able to confront Hugh - I've no idea how many years after an event that runs out.  Not sure what SoL Sylvia was using, my search shows that for rape there is no limitation so he can't have been going after Hugh for rape, even though that was what Hugh did to him.  Not sure if anyone has knowledge of the US SoL so we can put a timescale to this to see how old roughly Hugh's son could be?  Gideon was maybe 12 when he was abused and is now almost 29.  Say Gideon confronted Hugh when he was maybe 19 Hugh's young son could be around 5 so may now be 15?  Not sure if Hugh having a son is significant - if he was maybe 2 years older than I guestimated could he be Ireland's boyfriend??

6 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

I liked that today's teaser was Gideon.

Thanks to her...what could that mean...

did she save if life

is she pregnant 

AHHHH!!!!

I'm going to go crazy!

I really don't think she is going to be pregnant (other than in any epilogue for their future life).  The entire story is, I believe, 4 months of timeline and she's had 3 periods in that time, including one just at the end of Captivated By You (this was after she left him, just after she answered the phone to him whilst on her way to work) so at the start of One With You she is definitely not pregnant and at least 3 months of time has already passed.  Also Sylvia did say something about this couple not being anywhere near ready to have children, they really do need to have time together and really get to know each other. 

He built his empire mainly to ensure the Cross name became respected again (and to keep his mother in the manner she was accustomed), and also he's kept the Vidal record label afloat when it was sinking, to ensure Ireland's inheritance was secure.  I guess until Eva turned up he had no other reason to maintain the empire and grow it.  Now he has, as he has their future to consider (and I'm sure he'll be hoping children will be in their future),  maybe it is just the fact that Eva exists and is 'his' that he is thankful for?

I could be wrong, but the statutes of limitations in the US is  by state not Federal. Here in Texas I believe it is 8 years for rape. The laws change all the time.   

I looked it up. In New York it's 5years, but that time doesn't start till the victim turns 18. So Gideon would have been 24'sh when he confronted Hugh.  

IMO.....The therapist with the undergrad (Hugh) who treated Gideon and then Elizabeth was NOT Anne.  That would be too sick for Gideon to have anything to do with her.  Remember he was scre*ing Anne to get to Terry Lucas.  It was bad enough Elizabeth asking Dr. Terry to look at Gideon (if he was related to Hugh at the time).  Be curious to find out what conversation Gideon overheard thinking that his Mom was telling Chris about Gideon's accusations.

The TeaserTuesday I believe is Gideon having a conversation with either Arash or Arnoldo as to why he always works so hard.  Gideon had mentioned in earlier books why he worked to make the Cross name better, now he really has a reason EVA.

Hopefully this time next week I will be almost finished reading the book....with a slower re-read to follow.  Fingers crossed for a HEA and all my and our questions answered.

I remember seeing on Sylvia's YouTube page they showed an interview with Angus and the receptionist, however I can not find it now and I don't remember if they said her name. Did anybody else see that video?

I was glad to see a teaser from Gideon. I am also thinking that Chapter 2 will be from Gideon.

I was thinking that Ireland's boyfriend is related to Landon because he said that his grandparents lost their money to Geoffrey I don't think that Hugh's family lost money to him.

I can't wait for Tuesday I am getting more anxious.

Hopefully we'll be getting all of our questions answered next week! There is so much to cover!

I definitely think it was Anne at Eva's apartment building, and she most likely came w Cary . They were together at the dinner and she probably got his number or something. Cary needs to get his act together. He wants Trey, but continues to be w other people...strangers even . How could trey take him back when he's been w so many other people while they were together,  exclusive or not? He also seems ungrateful for the apartment situation.

Monica has a good point about the tabloids. I don't like the idea ...Gideon would probably go along w it because Eva wants it.

love Chris sr! I hope the Vidal family works out their drama. Elizabeth needs to explain herself and Chris jr. Too.

Im glad Sylvia said they won't be pregnant ...too soon! I personally hate surprise pregnancies...an epilogue w children would be awesome !

Monica's story would be nice. Doubt that she and Victor would get together again. She wants a certain lifestyle and he can't supply it. I'd like to know how she never noticed Eva's trauma for four years.... Four. There had to have been family dinners, vacations, portraits ...they had to have shown tension between Eva and Nathan . 

Can't wait to read the HEA..

Like I've said before: Corrine, Brett and Deanna need to go away. Corrine is just delusional! She just lost a baby and she's still pursuing Gideon and writing a book? When did she write it? In France while still w her husband? I feel bad for Giroux.

Hopefully Eva will be working with Gideon ...doing what she she enjoyed.

I'm thinking the teaser was a thought Gideon was having, not voiced to anyone. 

So much emotion reading these books... I've got to remember they're fiction! Lol

Side note; I just finished Me before You....omg...how emotional! Tears pouring down my face. So looking forward for fun times in OWY!