One with You

Gaia

Hi Nathalia, you had me thinking about Cary yes he needs to get his act together. In my opinion I do not consider him a bff to Eva for these reasons, he did not tell her about Brett being Six Ninths, he yelled at her after she came back from her wedding telling her she shouldn't leave cute messages on machines, he waved her away after Tatiana was walking through the apartment naked (he knew Gideon was in the apartment) like it was nothing, he yelled at her on the plane to San Diego when she said she was married, he gave her attitude in the limo was she was trying to find out if Anne told him her name, he did seem ungrateful for Eva offering him his own apartment in Gideon's penthouse. Yes he stood by her when they moved into her mom's after her fight with Gideon but Eva I feel is more of a bff to him. Anne probably was with Cary in her apartment who knows what snooping she did while there.

I hope Gideon doesn't go along with Eva about the tabloids. I love Chris Sr. and Ireland. I also hope Eva will help build Cross Industries with Gideon she is a Cross now.

I also get very emotional every time reading this series. 6 days away so excited.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Cary is emotionally spent. His life is being turned upside down. He is also an unstable person, so all the things happening in his life (some his fault) has him scared and angry. He doesn't know how to deal with everything, so he lashes out at Eva. He's also cutting himself. Cary needs major help. 

1 hour ago, D500 said:

Listened to interview.  Sylvia's feelings about finishing the Crossfire series was interesting.  Glad she confirmed the television series and that work has been going on since 2013.  I like her statement that a television series format allows for the full presentation of  secondary characters.  Movies are usually less than two hours per book.

Don't believe Cary has let Anne in the building or the apartment.  He only "smoothed" Anne out at the benefit and after Eva questioned him about the lady's name I don't think he is that stupid to get near Anne again.  Cary isn't the best BFF.....the clusterf**k at the end of BTY with Ian getting a settlement from Gideon, not telling Eva who Six Ninth really was,  so many to write.

The radio interview  that Sylvia gave was interesting.  Guess she is glad to be finished and I am glad she is happy with the ending.  Five books with so many plot lines to tie up is hard, especially with us always coming up with something new and wanting closure on so many questions.  She likes to keep her fans happy.  Hopefully Lionsgate doesn't take too long to get the book to TV.

Just under 6 days to go!!

Hmm, on Facebook again, someone else was able to buy the book last week and has read it, but they have had the courtesy not to spoil the story, "Already reading it ...found it at Book World last weekend ..it amazing!!!"

Nothing like completely ignoring an embargo on putting stuff out for sale.

44 minutes ago, D500 said:

Hmm, on Facebook again, someone else was able to buy the book last week and has read it, but they have had the courtesy not to spoil the story, "Already reading it ...found it at Book World last weekend ..it amazing!!!"

Nothing like completely ignoring an embargo on putting stuff out for sale.

I don't have Facebook so I have not seen any post about people reading it already. I'm glad you said they didn't spoil anything. 

I'm sure Monica has some skeletons in her closet but I really hope they don't come out...she really has been through alot with Eva and her trauma. Hopefully she can just cruise along with Stanton because having her secrets "bared" to the world would destroy her. Maybe that will be how she finally tells Eva about her past...in her fear of exposure she will have to come clean for Eva.  Gideon may already know her secrets and just has not told Eva because he doesnt think its his story to tell.

So Eva has decided to fight fire with fire as far as Corrine goes. Corrine plans to tell the world all about the Gideon she knew and loved and had. Eva plans to show the world how much she and Gideon are in love. Part of me says, 'you go girl'. But Monica's got a point: Gideon probably won't Eva's idea of manipulating the media. Even though he himself is guilty of doing so.

3 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

So Eva has decided to fight fire with fire as far as Corrine goes. Corrine plans to tell the world all about the Gideon she knew and loved and had. Eva plans to show the world how much she and Gideon are in love. Part of me says, 'you go girl'. But Monica's got a point: Gideon probably won't Eva's idea of manipulating the media. Even though he himself is guilty of doing so.

She will make Corrine look so pathetic, the pics and stories have nothing on the pics that the press has taken of Gideva since their relationship started.  I think he will be ok with it.  He keeps telling Eva that she is good with PR.

After looking at all the comments, which are great and get you thinking about things you never even thought about, these are my predictions on the major themes:

Babies: I think Eva will end up pregnant. There has been too much of this in Gideon's thoughts for it not to happen. However, the surprise will be a Monica pregnancy. Based on one simple comment that Cary made to Victor, "Do you think you will have any more kids"?  I think this was a little foreshadowing about this topic. Whether this ends in Monica and Victor getting together, I don't know. About another pregnancy, I do not think Tatiana is pregnant with Cary's child. I think that she is the underage daughter of the Russian mobster that took out Yedemsky (the striking blond that was working with Nathan). He was sleeping with the daughter which is what got him killed (with Nathan's bracelet on him). When Cary was beat up by Nathan, he was told to stay away from a certain girl. I think Tat is that girl and was pregnant with Yedemsky's child when he was killed, so she made Cary the dad. Whether she is underage, I don't know but it would explain her childish behavior. Whether Cary stays invested or not, I don't know. But could you see Cary and Trey adopting the child. Just a thought.

The psychologists: I think that Dr. Peterson is the person who is going to put all the pieces together. I have always thought that Anne Lucas was the doctor who with her brother came to the Vidal's to council Gideon. She ended up with Elizabeth, and we know what happen with Hugh. I think that based on their friendship, Elizabeth would have told Corinne about Anne. I think Anne is behind pushing Corinne to publish the book. I can't figure out if she helped push Corinne to try the suicide attempt or have a miscarriage. Also, unsure if Deanna is working with them. I kind of don't think so because she seems out for herself.  Now wouldn't it make sense that a doctor of psychology would have a therapist of their own if they were experiencing depression, like Anne did after Gideon did what he did. Could it be that Dr. Peterson is also Anne's therapist? And after Gideon finally tells the good doctor everything, he starts putting the pieces together. All Anne's family are shrinks. Could Dr. Peterson be Anne's dad, uncle or something. They never told us Anne and Hugh's last name before Anne was married of course. I think he is the one who will make them all see reason. Especially if he is related and finds out how this family has hurt Gideon, including Dr. Lucas. I do think the red headed re receptionist is related and feeds info to Anne.

Relationships:  I hope Megumi finds a great guy. I am seeing her with Arsash. What do you think? I hope somehow Monica and Victor find happiness. I am sure we will find out that she had to do something really bad in order to live when she was pregnant with Eva and that drives her reasoning behind the way she lives. I wonder if her family will somehow try to reconcile. I don't really know what will happen with Cary, if he could settle down with Trey. Has anyone else thought of his name? Like Elizabeth Taylor, Cary Grant? Cary Taylor! Ha.

I am still having a problem calling Eva the pronunciation Ava. I would still think it is supposed to be Eva if I had not heard an interview with Sylvia where she pronounced it as Ava. I bet the large majority of reader's think her name is EVA. She do you think.

Babies? I would like to see Eva pregnant,  but some have said Sylvia said they are not ready for children. I'm not sure what's going to happen of that topic. I guess we'll have to wait hand find out next week.

Dr Peterson? I thinl  it would be a very small world in a really big city for him to be related to Anne and Hugh

Eva? She was named after Victors mother so spelling Eva, but maybe just being American and not Latino Monica  pronounced  it Ava and so that what she was called. 

Tatiana? We know almost nothing about her, but I don't feel she is under age. Cary's not that stupid. I don't really think she has any family or if she does they aren't close. In RIY Cary tells Eva that "Tatiana needs him" I found that statement as she must be very alone in life. I still don't like her though.

I've said this before, I don't think in the timeline of this story that Eva can become pregnant.  Sylvia has said that the entire storyline is approximately 4 months.  Captivated covered two weeks, not sure how much time One With You covers but maybe 2-3 weeks?  Eva had a period at the end of Captivated and yes, I know some women do have periods but are pregnant, but it doesn't seem likely that she is going to have a honeymoon baby.  If the book does cover 2-3 weeks we wouldn't reach a point where she would be due her next period so there would be no clue for her as to pregnancy.  And to be honest the last thing I would wish on a couple such as these, particularly Gideon who has only just discovered someone loves him for himself, a baby in the immediate future would not be a great idea.  I'd love an epilogue though with either Eva announcing a pregnancy in a special way, or with them surrounded by one or two children. 

They need to establish themselves, Gideon as a husband, Eva as both a wife and in her future role in the charity.  Also, having a child seems to be such a cliché in almost every book I read so it would be nice to have a different ending. 

Four days and we will know for sure.

Sylvia is at the moment on line answering questions on twitter, one person called her prolific and the answer was "Well, I used to be prolific, once upon a time. Now, I write 1 book/yr & labor over every one" - very honest of her and I for one appreciate the time she takes to ensure the books are so good.  I don't care how long we wait so long as we get the right story.

She's also mentioned that the final book is very different to the first two drafts she made of it, but the final one is where she got it right. 

Ah - and to someone asking where Sylvia saw Gideon and Eva in 10 years time - "Solidly settled and contemplating having children. :)"

She was asked if they have an HEA but just said we will find out on Tuesday.

Asked which POV she preferred to right "I enjoy both, but the #GideonEffect tops all. Yes, #OneWIthYou is dual POV. :)"

Question - "Ava's an only chiid & Gideon isn't close to his half-sibs. How many kids do you think GidEva will have?" Answer "I would guess 2 or 3"

(I'll add more as they appear on twitter so the details are all on here.)

5 minutes ago, D500 said:

Her favourite scenes to write are arguments.

Asked which actress she would like to see play Eva "Someone in their early 20s, with lots of curves!"

Thank you for keeping me posted on the Twitter q&a. I appreciate it. 

Did you see the interview from star-telegram.com?

18 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

Thank you for keeping me posted on the Twitter q&a. I appreciate it. 

Did you see the interview from star-telegram.com?

I did pretty much what she said in the radio interview.  Now looking forward to the Blacklist due, hope it won't be long before they are released.