One with You

Gaia

Not sure I will read the Blacklist bit straight away.  In the past I read other authors 'bits at the back of the book' and then forgot about them.  Then, when I had the actual book and began reading I was convinced I'd read the book already because it was familiar. 

Just found another interview with Sylvia this week, she confirms in it that the timescale is June to September.

http://www.dallasnews.com/lifestyles/books/20160401-why-sylvia-day--17-million-copies-later--is-stepping-out-of-her-crossfire.ece

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand, I like to have all of the books in a series already published because I get so anxious, I absolutely love the Crossfire Series and have read them several times which I will do with OWY.

Thank you for sharing the other interview. I am really excited to meet her on Monday and start OWY at midnight. I am trying to think of what questions I would like an answer to that she will feel comfortable answering.

What chapter are you on now?

43 minutes ago, D500 said:

Not sure I will read the Blacklist bit straight away.  In the past I read other authors 'bits at the back of the book' and then forgot about them.  Then, when I had the actual book and began reading I was convinced I'd read the book already because it was familiar. 

Just found another interview with Sylvia this week, she confirms in it that the timescale is June to September.

http://www.dallasnews.com/lifestyles/books/20160401-why-sylvia-day--17-million-copies-later--is-stepping-out-of-her-crossfire.ece

That time frame of June-September makes me a little nervous.  I hope we get the wedding and Gideon's birthday.  I guess OWY starts early September??  BTY was June/July, RIY July/August, EWY August, CBY August? then OWY.  I am sorta confused, cause I felt that RIY was the longer time frame since Gideon and Eva were apart so long until Eva learned the truth about the breakup?  Tuesday can't get here soon enough.  Hope my download from Amazon comes soon after midnight EST.

12 minutes ago, jmhope said:

That time frame of June-September makes me a little nervous.  I hope we get the wedding and Gideon's birthday.  I guess OWY starts early September??  BTY was June/July, RIY July/August, EWY August, CBY August? then OWY.  I am sorta confused, cause I felt that RIY was the longer time frame since Gideon and Eva were apart so long until Eva learned the truth about the breakup?  Tuesday can't get here soon enough.  Hope my download from Amazon comes soon after midnight EST.

I thought BTY started in May I am obviously wrong. I also would like the wedding and Gideon's birthday. I remember Monica saying  that she can't get a wedding together before the end of the year so I thought the wedding would be December however September would be really good.

Hello all,

Now that the book is almost here I thought it is a good idea to drop in and see what everyone is thinking.  It will take me a while to read the previous posts and get caught up.

I noticed several commented that Cary isn't a good friend.  I disagree.  Cary relocated to NYC to be with and support his friend.  Eva is hardly in town and making major changes that affect him and where he'll live.  Not telling Eva that Brett is in six nineths is a bad decision but I believe Cary thought of it as a joke.  She would get to the show and see Brett and be surprised.  he didn't have anyway to know she would go backstage or meet him and kiss him in front of Gideon.  Eva had issues with Brett and discussed it with Dr. Travis why would she attempt to kiss him?

The cluster f*ck was Cary drinking and getting into something he shouldn't.  Cary has a lot more issues than Eva.  His mother pimped him out for god's sake.  That has to cause serious damage to anyone.  The guy cuts to hide his pain.  Eva knows all this about Cary and even told Gideon after the cluster that she needed to give him time.

As far as Trey goes, yes Cary is unfaithful but that doesn't have anything to do with his friendship with Eva.  Eva said he sabotages his relationships because he doesn't believe he is worthy of love.  He would not let Anne into their apartment.  If it turns out he did that would be a major surprise to me.  He picked up some woman at the event to have a roll in the hay and rethought that decision; not for Trey but for his future child.  He wants to change his actions.   I don't know his age but he is immature and his actions show it.

Sharon

Sylvia might write an epilogue to give us a glimpse into Gideon and Eva's future but I don't think they will have a baby.  It is too soon in the relationship.  Also, I don't think SD is the type of author that reads what people want and writes the story around comments.  She is a good writer who knows how to develop her characters and tells the story she wants to tell.  She has often said these two are in a whirlwind relationship and two damaged people need to work through their issues before they bring a baby into their craziness. 

13 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

I understand, I like to have all of the books in a series already published because I get so anxious, I absolutely love the Crossfire Series and have read them several times which I will do with OWY.

Thank you for sharing the other interview. I am really excited to meet her on Monday and start OWY at midnight. I am trying to think of what questions I would like an answer to that she will feel comfortable answering.

What chapter are you on now?

Last night I read the chapter where Gideon meets with Corinne to try and convince her not to publish the book - in this chapter he 'ended up back on track' with Arnoldo.

Tonight is the chapter with the swing, tomorrow Gideon without Eva and Monday the final chapter plus the first chapter of One With You from the web site and then fingers crossed by the time I've read those (I begin reading at about 23.30) my e-book will have appeared and I will then force myself to stay awake to read the whole book.   I've found reading a chapter a day has been useful, I've spotted things I'd not really taken in before and helps cope with the time before the book is ready. 

56 minutes ago, D500 said:

Last night I read the chapter where Gideon meets with Corinne to try and convince her not to publish the book - in this chapter he 'ended up back on track' with Arnoldo.

Tonight is the chapter with the swing, tomorrow Gideon without Eva and Monday the final chapter plus the first chapter of One With You from the web site and then fingers crossed by the time I've read those (I begin reading at about 23.30) my e-book will have appeared and I will then force myself to stay awake to read the whole book.   I've found reading a chapter a day has been useful, I've spotted things I'd not really taken in before and helps cope with the time before the book is ready. 

I am where you are, I will be also reading chapter one in OWY on Monday night however I'll get my e-book at 12:00am est. I'm not sure I'll be able to read thru the night and go to work Tuesday (I work with kindergarten to grade 2 children they keep me running haha). 

I would be interested to know what you spotted that you haven't before, I tried reading them slowly this time but not so sure it was slow enough. 

Well, I was just reading Sylvia's facebook page discovering someone else had already received their book (sent from the UK to Australia so the lady said it was probably posted early to ensure it was received on time and as luck would have it, the book arrived early).  That made me go to Amazon to check the progress of the order for my paperback (in the hope it might be ready to send and I might get it on Monday).  To my horror I discovered delivery date was 12th April.  I'd pre-ordered on the same order as some other items which I received back in November, but because the other items cost meant I had free delivery, my One With You order was being treated the same.

I tried to cancel that part of the order so I could order again with delivery on day or publication but their system would not let me.  So I began a chat with one of their assistants who was very helpful, cancelled what remained of my existing order so I could re-order with next day delivery (which means publication date), then said he would waive the delivery cost which was £5.99 - as it was their system had already applied a discount to the order delivery so my total for book and delivery had become £5.99 so once he credited the £5.99 my copy of One With You is now free.  (That means I will add the cost to my 'windfall' money box and the contents of that eventually go to charity)

Wow, I do not know of anybody who has received OWY already. That is too bad that that happened to you I am glad that you were able to get it straightened out, I checked my Amazon account and I will be receiving my version on my Ipad which is scheduled for April 5th all previous books that I have ordered were on my Ipad at midnight so I am hoping that will be the case this time.  Charity is a very good thing.

2 hours ago, Sharonm745 said:

Thanks I can't wait to read the ending of this book.

Hi Sharon it looks like you have been a member for a long time, I am fairly new so I am happy to read all of the posts that people share it makes me look deeper into the stories. Thank you.

1 hour ago, D500 said:

Well, I was just reading Sylvia's facebook page discovering someone else had already received their book (sent from the UK to Australia so the lady said it was probably posted early to ensure it was received on time and as luck would have it, the book arrived early).  That made me go to Amazon to check the progress of the order for my paperback (in the hope it might be ready to send and I might get it on Monday).  To my horror I discovered delivery date was 12th April.  I'd pre-ordered on the same order as some other items which I received back in November, but because the other items cost meant I had free delivery, my One With You order was being treated the same.

I tried to cancel that part of the order so I could order again with delivery on day or publication but their system would not let me.  So I began a chat with one of their assistants who was very helpful, cancelled what remained of my existing order so I could re-order with next day delivery (which means publication date), then said he would waive the delivery cost which was £5.99 - as it was their system had already applied a discount to the order delivery so my total for book and delivery had become £5.99 so once he credited the £5.99 my copy of One With You is now free.  (That means I will add the cost to my 'windfall' money box and the contents of that eventually go to charity)

This is why I don't pre-order Ebooks.  I can't tell you how many times I don't get them on release day and have to wait.  I just order at midnight on release day and I have them like

every body who pre-ordered.  I know the authors like to have the sales to report before release but it just doesn't work for me.  I know the electronic ordering is better but I prefer to wait. 

17 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

Wow, I do not know of anybody who has received OWY already. That is too bad that that happened to you I am glad that you were able to get it straightened out, I checked my Amazon account and I will be receiving my version on my Ipad which is scheduled for April 5th all previous books that I have ordered were on my Ipad at midnight so I am hoping that will be the case this time.  Charity is a very good thing.

Hi Sharon it looks like you have been a member for a long time, I am fairly new so I am happy to read all of the posts that people share it makes me look deeper into the stories. Thank you.

Hi,  yes I was around for the other books.  I stop in every once in awhile but it felt like a lot of re-hashing old discussions so I waited until there was something new to discuss. 

Most people who get the books early get them at events or small stores where books aren't their number one business.  I got the last two early at grocery stores.  I don't think they sign the same agreements with publishers because their book shipments are so small.  Most grocery stores only have one book display and that is shared with magazines, coloring books, etc. 

48 minutes ago, Sharonm745 said:

This is why I don't pre-order Ebooks.  I can't tell you how many times I don't get them on release day and have to wait.  I just order at midnight on release day and I have them like

every body who pre-ordered.  I know the authors like to have the sales to report before release but it just doesn't work for me.  I know the electronic ordering is better but I prefer to wait. 

Hi,  yes I was around for the other books.  I stop in every once in awhile but it felt like a lot of re-hashing old discussions so I waited until there was something new to discuss. 

Most people who get the books early get them at events or small stores where books aren't their number one business.  I got the last two early at grocery stores.  I don't think they sign the same agreements with publishers because their book shipments are so small.  Most grocery stores only have one book display and that is shared with magazines, coloring books, etc. 

I did not think of the books being in grocery stores, the one I go to is on the smaller side so it doesn't have a book/magazine section (maybe I'll go to the bigger store and check haha probably not though). I don't think that Cary is the father of Tatiana's baby (I was thinking she isn't pregnant) but I really didn't think it would be Yedemsky's that would be an interesting twist to the story. I don't think Cary let Anne into the building, someone said they thought that Eva saw Anne get off of the elevator which it only stated that she saw her leaving the lobby. I still don't trust Anne, Corinne or Deanna. Looking forward to reading OWY.

"And I don´t gonna spoil it .. but like somebody already said .. Chapter 2 starts with Gideon´s POV! And within we will know more about the wedding and some mature ... well .. something surprising about which I am already in a big worry. More I wont say! Hope this is not already too much for one or another person here?"

Intriguing, going to speculate as I can't stop myself doing that even at this late stage - something Gideon got up to in the past that is not too 'nice'?

After reading that comment I thought about going out to bookstores but here in the UK Sunday Trading Laws mean stores are not open for many hours today and by the time I would get to any they would be closed.

But I think as I am going into Central London tomorrow I might visit one or two bookstores just in case, remembering last year I almost had CBY a day early (it was in my hands in the store but the assistant at the cash desk knew it shouldn't be on sale).

13 minutes ago, D500 said:

"And I don´t gonna spoil it .. but like somebody already said .. Chapter 2 starts with Gideon´s POV! And within we will know more about the wedding and some mature ... well .. something surprising about which I am already in a big worry. More I wont say! Hope this is not already too much for one or another person here?"

Intriguing, going to speculate as I can't stop myself doing that even at this late stage - something Gideon got up to in the past that is not too 'nice'?

After reading that comment I thought about going out to bookstores but here in the UK Sunday Trading Laws mean stores are not open for many hours today and by the time I would get to any they would be closed.

But I think as I am going into Central London tomorrow I might visit one or two bookstores just in case, remembering last year I almost had CBY a day early (it was in my hands in the store but the assistant at the cash desk knew it shouldn't be on sale).

I'm nervous about sme's comment I'm hoping someone will talk me out of going to look for the book today even though I know I'll have it tomorrow night. 

I feel we've had less teasers this time round, not many of the teaser Tuesday type of things have been from OWY, more often quotes from previous books or asking us questions to do with the other books. 

Having re-read almost all the previous books, I was reminded how, on the first read, I wasn't sure about Gideon at all, Eva was the character I was most interested in.  I remember reading the limousine scene after Eva kissed Brett and not really liking Gideon until I realised why he was doing what he was doing!  By the end of Reflected in You when it was revealed what he had done for Eva re Nathan I began to warm towards him.  Of course the first two books were about Eva, entirely from her POV so what we learned about Gideon was what he allowed her to know about him.  By the time I read CBY I was hooked on the man, and beginning to dislike Eva, but again realised what she was doing to heal her man. 

I have to admit I'm worried about any further revelations about Gideon's past with his women (I didn't like what he did to Anne but could understand why and part of what I read either last night or the night before was Gideon saying he had 'twisted Anne' where before I thought she might have led him into the depravity - whatever she obviously enjoyed it, whereas he didn't).  I'm a little scared that Anne may turn violent towards either Eva or Gideon but of course the Krav maga and the MMA should help if that does happen.

Slightly envious of those in the US who have been to Walmart today and got the book but for me it's about a 30.5 hour wait for the e-book to be released.

24 minutes ago, D500 said:

I feel we've had less teasers this time round, not many of the teaser Tuesday type of things have been from OWY, more often quotes from previous books or asking us questions to do with the other books. 

Having re-read almost all the previous books, I was reminded how, on the first read, I wasn't sure about Gideon at all, Eva was the character I was most interested in.  I remember reading the limousine scene after Eva kissed Brett and not really liking Gideon until I realised why he was doing what he was doing!  By the end of Reflected in You when it was revealed what he had done for Eva re Nathan I began to warm towards him.  Of course the first two books were about Eva, entirely from her POV so what we learned about Gideon was what he allowed her to know about him.  By the time I read CBY I was hooked on the man, and beginning to dislike Eva, but again realised what she was doing to heal her man. 

I have to admit I'm worried about any further revelations about Gideon's past with his women (I didn't like what he did to Anne but could understand why and part of what I read either last night or the night before was Gideon saying he had 'twisted Anne' where before I thought she might have led him into the depravity - whatever she obviously enjoyed it, whereas he didn't).  I'm a little scared that Anne may turn violent towards either Eva or Gideon but of course the Krav maga and the MMA should help if that does happen.

Slightly envious of those in the US who have been to Walmart today and got the book but for me it's about a 30.5 hour wait for the e-book to be released.

My friend talked me out of going to Walmart so I am envious also because I want to know that they live happily ever after if not I will be crushed. I do not want them to split up again they are just getting back together. 

I'm hoping the title of the book says it all for how they are through this book.  He knows she is THE one for him, and once she had settled her feelings for Brett Kline she began to be more certain Gideon was THE one for her.  I think her feelings for Brett were her only doubt and I felt she wasn't sure if she still did have those for him - she knew from the concert that his voice still did things (was that possibly why she kissed him back?) and she had said that how Brett now wanted her was how she had wanted it to be when she was with him in the past, but he treated her as if he couldn't care less if she was there for him or not. 

Gideon explained about Corinne, how she was the one who both proposed and broke the engagement, Gideon probably going along with it all as he had no feelings for anyone else, never expected to, possibly feeling that it might as well be a life with Corinne who 'soothed' him.  Corinne may have expected being engaged would make things more dynamic between the two of them and when that didn't happen called it a day and married elsewhere. 

I just cannot see there not being our expected HEA, they are married, a family wedding is planned and is happening in September so the storyline must be about the two of them fighting whatever of the enemies Sylvia has decided will be dealt with, Anne has to be at the forefront, maybe Deanna, Landon?  Still hoping we find out more about his mother, possibly about Monica.

29hrs 45 minutes . . . . . .