One with You

Gaia

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I headed out of my office for the day, I acted like I wasn't feeling good. Gee, I'm gonna have to call my boss tomorrow, say I'm sick and staying home.  She'll say 'get some rest' and I'll promise her I'll spend the day on my couch, lots of fluids, take it easy, maybe read a book. 

.... OK, so I'm 'love' sick for Gideon, and I will spend all day on the couch. Except for one quick errand to the bookstore, ha, ha.

See you all in the spoiler thread after I'm done!

Thank you, Sylvia, for the Chapter 2 opening scene. Ah, a Gideon fix! My heart just beat a little faster.

It seems at long last Gideon has had it with Corrine.  He sic'd Arash on her, made it clear to Scott he didn't want her admitted to his office. When she barged her way past both handlers anyway, Gideon made it clear that next time, he'll involve security. Go, Gideon! I just hope he actually means it this time: no more contact with that woman no matter what sort of attention-seeking stunts she tries to pull. I almost felt bad for her how pathetic she's become. Her wardrobe choice, sexy red dress, probably stems from Gideon's first date with Eva, those red carpet pictures of Eva in the red gown. The night of the first date, Corrine calling Gideon from France, begging him for help, did manage to make him bail out of his date with Eva. Score one for Corrine back then. The only round she ever won against Eva. But look at her now: she sees the beach wedding photo of GidEva and she pulls out an old photo of Gideon and her playing in the surf.

I think the whole book idea is rooted in that night Corrine first saw Gideva together in person, the dinner at the Waldorf, near the end of Bared to You.  Gideon let her ramble on and on about places Corrine visited with him years ago as he tried to prevent her from upsetting Eva. She did so anyway, and Eva walked out on Gideon. Corrine probably counted that as another victory, even though we all know it was a fail, because Gideon ended up in Eva's arms that night.  Corrine has upped her 'remember when' game with the photos and books, maybe because she thinks the book would torture the insecure Eva, make her leave Gideon for good? Epic fail. Because New Eva is no longer insecure, and Gideon is furious at Corrine for trying to hurt her. What I wonder is this: did Anne Lucas plant the book idea in Corrine's head all because of what happened at that dinner months ago? Terry Lucas saw the whole drama with his own eyes, from Corrine monopolizing Gideon's attention to Eva walking out on him. Did Terry run home to his wife and tell her all about it? And Anne became fixated on Corrine as a potential weapon against Gideon?

By this time tomorrow, I hope to have answers.

I'm pretty sure the forum all agrees that Anne has been behind the scenes all this time manipulating Corinne in her desperate attempts to win back Gideon but at this point now that he has divulged they are married her efforts are just plain pathetic. As Deanna told Eva once..." The Iceman thawed a bit for you" and boy did he ever !

Just cant wait to read it...5.5 hours to go????

1 minute ago, sscrph said:

I'm pretty sure the forum all agrees that Anne has been behind the scenes all this time manipulating Corinne in her desperate attempts to win back Gideon but at this point now that he has divulged they are married her efforts are just plain pathetic. As Deanna told Eva once..." The Iceman thawed a bit for you" and boy did he ever !

I don't trust Deanna one bit. I don't think she accepted Gideon's apology. I think she's in it for the money she'll make from those wedding pictures, but if given a clear shot to screw GidEva over, she'll take it in a heart beat. Oh my God: answers are sooooooo close now! My bookstore opens at 8 a.m. I want a book I can hold in my hands, touch, absorb that new-book smell. But if God forbid the delivery didn't come, I've got my Kindle for back-up.

379cbecede3365c5b0cafbe16217182a.jpg

9 hours ago, Nrock said:

Hello All,

It's been a long wait, but it's exciting to join the countdown.  It' s also nice to see names I remember from reading and posting about the earlier books - I'm sure there will be lots more over the next few days!

There are so many threads to wind up - can't imagine how Sylvia will get it done in only one last book. I'm with those who wouldn't have minded a few more books in the series. 

It's a bit late for this now, but a couple of my wishes for this last volume are for Victor to end up with Detective Graves (great love or not, Monica couldn't handle life without money and Victor would always know it) and for Arnoldo to change his mind about Eva.  However, Arash has taken his place in my affections anyway!

Best series, I've found since Crossfire is Kit Rochas Beyond series - though sadly there has still been some waiting around for the next volumes ????  But there are 8 books so far and some spin off novellas, so enough to keep anyone busy. The series wouldn't be to everyone's taste. - it's a dystopian setting, maybe 50 years in the future after a technological meltdown.  There's an enormous amount of sex, almost every possible combination, though not really any BDSM.  The books and characters keep getting better and better as you progress in the series.  I'm in love with at least 3 each of the male AND female protagonists!  And in addition, the writing, grammar, story consistency, etc. are all top notch. 

Looking foward to reading everyone's  OWY comments - SOON!

I agree with you Arash has moved ahead of Arnoldo for me too.  I received OWY and he stays at the top for me.

There are a bunch of one stars and bad reviews on ibooks already. I's  people just complaining about the amount of time it took for the book  to come out, and stuff like that. What a bunch on whiners. I wasn't happy it took so long, but dang they are good books and I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. If I'm still up in 4 hours I'm getting up and start reading.  

16 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

There are a bunch of one stars and bad reviews on ibooks already. I's  people just complaining about the amount of time it took for the book  to come out, and stuff like that. What a bunch on whiners. I wasn't happy it took so long, but dang they are good books and I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. If I'm still up in 4 hours I'm getting up and start reading.  

I can see reasons why people won't like the actual book because of some twists.  However, regardless SD is an excellent writer.  There is no way that people who read the book can justify less than three stars.  She gets three on writing alone.

What was an hour and fifteen minute drive  took 3 hours because of snow and ice ???? However arrived on time. Sylvia is a wonderful speaker and really appreciates her fans. I have received an actual signed book however driving home now so I can't start reading it. My kindle book will arrive in two hours I should be home before it arrives. I can't wait to read. 

First it did not download on my kindle and I'm not sure why thank God I saw her tonight and got a paperback book from her. And second I LOVE IT so far I just finished chapter 5 but I really need a couple of hours sleep before I go to work. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep. Goodnight for now I hope everyone is reading and enjoying. 

11 hours ago, sscrph said:

Right at the bottom of the page is a a very slim 'box' going across the page where you can reply to this topic without having to quote someone else's post.

9 hours ago, Lou1974 said:

UK iTunes has no reviews yet (two comments on there from before the book was released).  I'll swap sites and see what the US side has to say.  But I can imagine, as with Captivated, a lot of the reviews won't be about the book or its content or the writing quality or storyline, but about there being 5 books instead of 3 and the time between books.  Such a pity people don't understand what a review is supposed to be.  And they should just get over the amount of books and the timescale.  Some authors I read produce books at very regular intervals, at least one a month, sometimes in parts, sometimes complete and the stories are good but the writing is not at the standard of Sylvia's (no criticism of the particular authors, their writing is fine but Sylvia really does write extremely well). 

3 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

First it did not download on my kindle and I'm not sure why thank God I saw her tonight and got a paperback book from her. And second I LOVE IT so far I just finished chapter 5 but I really need a couple of hours sleep before I go to work. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep. Goodnight for now I hope everyone is reading and enjoying. 

I've seen a lot of kindle readers complain the book did not appear, particularly in the US.  Mine appeared one minute after midnight so I lay in bed re-reading the first two chapters before sleeping - glad I got the paperback yesterday so I could sleep last night.  My sister has taken the paperback to read and my Amazon copy is due to arrive today.

9 hours ago, Sharonm745 said:

I was so happy to wake up this morning to find OWY on my ipad. I honestly thought I would get killed by a bus before the book came out. Not that there are buses where I live, lol. I only got to read the first part before having to actually be a mom and get my girls up for school. It's going to be a great day of reading while they are gone to school.  

22 minutes ago, sme said:

Dear Patricia-Ann, 

I am sorry for you! Did you already called the company to complain? I wish you that you soon receive your copy .. ;)

Dear all, 

I did not have any problems with my download. 10 minutes after midnight I opened my kindle programm on my laptop to see if it is already there and it was. But I was so tired .. I got to bed instead of start reading it. 

Well, I am still very groggy today and a lot is on my to do on my to-do-list but I am currently on chapter 6 .. ;) Very interesting so far  .. and I am enjoying it! But will try to stay away .from the major OWY thread, just took a glimpse into it and read about a tiny little word something D500 wrote. She  has really fast read the book .. in only six hours. I must say ... I want to devour it even the first time reading .. 

Til then .. 

sme

sme I have a paperback copy and am also on chapter 6. I love it so far. 

17 minutes ago, sme said:

Hey all, dear Patricia-Ann, 

I am glad that you have your paperback copy. I am now on chapter 9 switching to chapter 10. I must say I do like it but I had expected much more tension, more bad things to happen .. I am little bit confused .. that I´ve read  more than 50 percent  ... well, maybe I am exspecting too much .. ;)

Well, there is the thing about a certain person who  ... won´t spoil it .. .. this gives me the creeps .. but I won´t say anything .. 

Happy reading to all of you .. 

sme

Keep going, there's more action to come.

11 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

D500 and sme I am still at work and can't read until tonight you are making me excited to read even though I got very little sleep last night. I have about another 3 hours and then I hope my family doesn't disturb me. 

D500 did you finish it?

Yes, finished and begun a slower re-read taking my time.  I'm in the position of having no distractions at home so could settle down and read the book once I got home with it last night.  I wouldn't normally read a book of this length so quickly as I'm pretty sure I've missed some points hence the re-read. 

Just don't read any reviews on Amazon.com, amazon.co.uk is safe at the moment.  Pity that they don't have 'spoiler' markers like Good Reads has.  The reviewer has used the alerts on Good Reads but not on Amazon. 

Sadly some reviewers are still going on about how the story could have all been done in 3 books - wish they would just get over that, it's been over two years since it was announced here would be five books which is enough time to learn to live with it.  Some of them do seem to have a kind of vendetta against the author with their 'I'm not buying any more of her books' attitude - I think the phrase is 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.  Why miss out on excellent writing and storylines just because a series became 5 books and it took time to put words to paper?

Received OWY on my Kindle last night a little after midnight. Read all night. Need to read it slower. I am happy for Eva and Gideon but man besides that I am disappointed. I feel like I have many more questions that didn't get answered. And the ending,...well I wasn't sure what to think.

I am a big fan of Ms. Day's books, but this just fell flat. I usually don't even comment on things, do not have all the social media accounts, etc., but wanted to join in since I was excited the book was finally coming out. But now I am really puzzled and as a reader didn't get what I needed to close out a great series. I'm sure there will be differing opinions, but that is mine

1 hour ago, D500 said:

Yes, finished and begun a slower re-read taking my time.  I'm in the position of having no distractions at home so could settle down and read the book once I got home with it last night.  I wouldn't normally read a book of this length so quickly as I'm pretty sure I've missed some points hence the re-read. 

Just don't read any reviews on Amazon.com, amazon.co.uk is safe at the moment.  Pity that they don't have 'spoiler' markers like Good Reads has.  The reviewer has used the alerts on Good Reads but not on Amazon. 

Sadly some reviewers are still going on about how the story could have all been done in 3 books - wish they would just get over that, it's been over two years since it was announced here would be five books which is enough time to learn to live with it.  Some of them do seem to have a kind of vendetta against the author with their 'I'm not buying any more of her books' attitude - I think the phrase is 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.  Why miss out on excellent writing and storylines just because a series became 5 books and it took time to put words to paper?

Actually it should have gone to a sixth book because I felt that the story was rushed and overlooked tying up some important loose ends...

3 minutes ago, sscrph said:

Actually it should have gone to a sixth book because I felt that the story was rushed and overlooked tying up some important loose ends...

I quite agree, but I bet the author (and a lot of readers) couldn't face the plethora of comments that would result from an announcement that there would be a sixth book - a rumour had begun quite soon after CBY came out that there might be six books but it was quickly quoshed.  We can get into the loose ends in the spoiler thread and maybe ask Sylvia if there is any resolution to them.