One with You

Gaia

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do think Monica grew up with a silver spoon but was cut off once she became pregnant out of wedlock (especially to someone without that affluent upbringing), so she learned to marry money to keep up her lifestyle and appearances. Does Eva ever talk about knowing her grandparents or any aunts/uncles?

Edited by xoxolaurenashley

Can't say I recall reading anything about Monica's family other than her being disowned by them.  In Captivated by You after Eva tells Gideon that she has told her mom she wants to be married at the Outer Banks place, he asks whether Monica's family will be at the wedding.  She responds "They're not invited.  The only things I know about them are what I found with a Google search.  They disowned my mom when she got pregnant with me, so they've never been a part of my life."

I'm surprised Eva is not more interested in her own family background as she was keen to find out about Gideon's but I guess that would depend on whether or not Sylvia wanted to feature Monica and Eva's background in this story.  Monica is obviously another stunner - in one scene Gideon's thoughts are 'I'd heard some say my wife was as breathtaking as her mother, but I disagreed.  Monica Stanton was a cool beauty, one who gave off the air of being slightly out of reach."

Can't say I recall reading anything about Monica's family other than her being disowned by them.  In Captivated by You after Eva tells Gideon that she has told her mom she wants to be married at the Outer Banks place, he asks whether Monica's family will be at the wedding.  She responds "They're not invited.  The only things I know about them are what I found with a Google search.  They disowned my mom when she got pregnant with me, so they've never been a part of my life."

I'm surprised Eva is not more interested in her own family background as she was keen to find out about Gideon's but I guess that would depend on whether or not Sylvia wanted to feature Monica and Eva's background in this story.  Monica is obviously another stunner - in one scene Gideon's thoughts are 'I'd heard some say my wife was as breathtaking as her mother, but I disagreed.  Monica Stanton was a cool beauty, one who gave off the air of being slightly out of reach."

​I completely forgot about that! 

Don't want to beat a dead horse here, but could part of the delay be that the publisher is putting out the Audio book at the same time as the e-book, paperback, etc.  Watching some authors putting out the e-book and paperback at the same time, the lag time for the audio is often 6 months or more.  I don't know why, but it seems to take a lot of time to make a audiobook.  Just a thought.   Again, not something I think Sylvia can control.  Probably part of the contract and the publisher is pushing to put it all out together.

Not sure about a baby - remember that towards the end of Captivated By You, after she has left Gideon, Eva mentions she was having her period.  And from the Valentines Day piece it looks like they are not sleeping together, possibly until after the official wedding???  Plus each book only covers a short period of time.

The author did also say that they were not ready for babies (although she also said she probably wouldn't write from Gideon's point of view and she did - from one interview on you tube I gather she did not have plans for the full storyline but the characters speak to her as time goes on and she writes from that so I guess her mind is a whirl of various scenarios that might happen to them both).

I can see there being children in any epilogue that is added to the last book :D

Is it possible Penguin have made Sylvia hold back on One With You as they knew E L James was about to release 'Grey' Fifty Shades from Christian's point of view?  That's out on 18 June with very little warning so maybe we can hold out hope that OWY might also get a very quick release once it is finally announced?  (can't find a fingers crossed emoticon).

She said she was working on something but I thought it would be something new.  I guess no big fanfare as technically it isn't a new book, just a re-telling of the original story.  According to Amazon it's 576 pages long so presumably covers most of the story.  So far there is only a link for the kindle edition to pre-order.

She said she was working on something but I thought it would be something new.  I guess no big fanfare as technically it isn't a new book, just a re-telling of the original story.  According to Amazon it's 576 pages long so presumably covers most of the story.  So far there is only a link for the kindle edition to pre-order.

​in US amazon, it is not even listed.  :(   If I was Sylvia, as an author, I would be embarrassed to know that my publisher wouldn't have enough faith in my readers and her to give another author competition.  Think that I read in a release that Penguin is handling the publishing in the UK. (guess Penguin can't handle too much at one time)

It's here on US Amazon - not sure if it shows on E L James page there, but does appear if searched for direct.  http://www.amazon.com/Grey-Fifty-Shades-told-Christian-ebook/dp/B00YN6XHMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433181695&sr=8-1&keywords=e+l+james+grey

Penguin used to be one of the best publishers around, we really have no idea what the delay is over this book.  At one time she said she was writing 4 and 5 together to ensure all the bits of the story pulled together but of course things can still change.  I read somewhere (what was probably a rumour) that she was asked to change CBY considerably after the editors read it - absolutely no idea if there is any basis to that.  Other authors have pointed out that once they hand their book over to their publisher the whole release date goes out of their hands and lies with the publisher - so if the book is finished then presumably it is Penguin holding things up.  But why do that?  They know there is a massive audience out there waiting for this book to be released so they know they will get the sales.  However, more and more readers are saying they won't wait, won't bother to read the 5th book and that they feel the author is disrespecting them by not releasing the book.  I don't feel that engaged that the delay makes me want to not read the book nor 'turn' on the author.  But it is true that her book releases are delayed (she's not the only one though, there's another author I read who is independent and something always happens in their life to delay the release of their latest book.)

I didn't see the extending of the book to 5 instead of 3 as a money grabbing exercise, more that as the story unravelled it became larger than originally planned and needed 5 books. 

Cornerstone, who are publishing E L James, are part of Penguin Random House, as is Berkley Books which the US edition of Captivated By You states will publish One With You.

I'm not sure what the hold up is. It does seem like things are really rolling with the Lionsgate TV series though. I saw where Sylvia had met with someone in NYC and she keeps posting on her FB about who should play in what role. Daniel Di Tomassa (?) said he was prepping for the audition.

Is it possible Penguin have made Sylvia hold back on One With You as they knew E L James was about to release 'Grey' Fifty Shades from Christian's point of view?  That's out on 18 June with very little warning so maybe we can hold out hope that OWY might also get a very quick release once it is finally announced?  (can't find a fingers crossed emoticon).

​Sylvia would have little to no control over any decision by Penguin on the release date.

This sudden release of a Fifty Shades book on less than three weeks' notice is really strange. I can't recall a best-seller sequel (or maybe prequel in this case) being released with little or no warning. Especially in the summer. A good example of the traditional build-up is Stephen King's newest novel, Finders Keepers, which comes out tomorrow and has been being hyped for months. It is a sequel to Mr. Mecedes, which came out last June. 

E.L. James' husband, Niall Leonard, is writing the screenplay for the Fifty Shades Darker film. I wonder whether this new Fifty Shades book came out of that process.

And to add to the AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH factor for Crossfire fans, there are rumors (RUMORS!) that Henry Cavill might be cast as villain Jack Hyde in Fifty Shades Darker.

I'm heading over to Sylvia's Facebook and Twitter feeds today to see if she has any comments on wassup with all this Fifty Shades news today.

I'm not sure what the hold up is. It does seem like things are really rolling with the Lionsgate TV series though. I saw where Sylvia had met with someone in NYC and she keeps posting on her FB about who should play in what role. Daniel Di Tomassa (?) said he was prepping for the audition.

Maybe they want to announce the cast and release the last book at the same time to generate more publicity/interest?

I'm not sure whether Amazon has it right, listing the publisher as Cornerstone Digital. On her blog (where she made the official announcement) E. L. James mentions publisher Vintage Anchor. Here's the link to the blog: http://blog.eljamesauthor.com/

In any case, it's causing mass confusion. As much as I am dying for the release of One With You, I'd hate to see any publisher 'wing it' like what's happening with this Fifty Shades book. I'm going to make an educated guess here, too, that the Fifty Shades book will be available only in e-book format at first. How the heck could they print copies this soon?

Edited by Lighthouse

Vintage is another subsidiary of Penguin Random House - they are pretty massive, have swallowed up lots of smaller book publishers although they have not made them change their name.  

They seem to have chosen 18th June as it is Christian's birthday (and in the UK the Fifty Shades DVD is released on the following Monday which could be influencing the rush to publish and who knows why the UK release of the DVD  is so much later than the US release).  It will be interesting to see if there is any outcry that it is only available (currently) as an e-book rather than all format being out at the same time.  At least Sylvia does ensure when her books are released all formats are there (other than some foreign translations).