Jump to content
Gaia

One with You

Recommended Posts

I feel we've had less teasers this time round, not many of the teaser Tuesday type of things have been from OWY, more often quotes from previous books or asking us questions to do with the other books. 

Having re-read almost all the previous books, I was reminded how, on the first read, I wasn't sure about Gideon at all, Eva was the character I was most interested in.  I remember reading the limousine scene after Eva kissed Brett and not really liking Gideon until I realised why he was doing what he was doing!  By the end of Reflected in You when it was revealed what he had done for Eva re Nathan I began to warm towards him.  Of course the first two books were about Eva, entirely from her POV so what we learned about Gideon was what he allowed her to know about him.  By the time I read CBY I was hooked on the man, and beginning to dislike Eva, but again realised what she was doing to heal her man. 

I have to admit I'm worried about any further revelations about Gideon's past with his women (I didn't like what he did to Anne but could understand why and part of what I read either last night or the night before was Gideon saying he had 'twisted Anne' where before I thought she might have led him into the depravity - whatever she obviously enjoyed it, whereas he didn't).  I'm a little scared that Anne may turn violent towards either Eva or Gideon but of course the Krav maga and the MMA should help if that does happen.

Slightly envious of those in the US who have been to Walmart today and got the book but for me it's about a 30.5 hour wait for the e-book to be released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, D500 said:

I feel we've had less teasers this time round, not many of the teaser Tuesday type of things have been from OWY, more often quotes from previous books or asking us questions to do with the other books. 

Having re-read almost all the previous books, I was reminded how, on the first read, I wasn't sure about Gideon at all, Eva was the character I was most interested in.  I remember reading the limousine scene after Eva kissed Brett and not really liking Gideon until I realised why he was doing what he was doing!  By the end of Reflected in You when it was revealed what he had done for Eva re Nathan I began to warm towards him.  Of course the first two books were about Eva, entirely from her POV so what we learned about Gideon was what he allowed her to know about him.  By the time I read CBY I was hooked on the man, and beginning to dislike Eva, but again realised what she was doing to heal her man. 

I have to admit I'm worried about any further revelations about Gideon's past with his women (I didn't like what he did to Anne but could understand why and part of what I read either last night or the night before was Gideon saying he had 'twisted Anne' where before I thought she might have led him into the depravity - whatever she obviously enjoyed it, whereas he didn't).  I'm a little scared that Anne may turn violent towards either Eva or Gideon but of course the Krav maga and the MMA should help if that does happen.

Slightly envious of those in the US who have been to Walmart today and got the book but for me it's about a 30.5 hour wait for the e-book to be released.

My friend talked me out of going to Walmart so I am envious also because I want to know that they live happily ever after if not I will be crushed. I do not want them to split up again they are just getting back together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping the title of the book says it all for how they are through this book.  He knows she is THE one for him, and once she had settled her feelings for Brett Kline she began to be more certain Gideon was THE one for her.  I think her feelings for Brett were her only doubt and I felt she wasn't sure if she still did have those for him - she knew from the concert that his voice still did things (was that possibly why she kissed him back?) and she had said that how Brett now wanted her was how she had wanted it to be when she was with him in the past, but he treated her as if he couldn't care less if she was there for him or not. 

Gideon explained about Corinne, how she was the one who both proposed and broke the engagement, Gideon probably going along with it all as he had no feelings for anyone else, never expected to, possibly feeling that it might as well be a life with Corinne who 'soothed' him.  Corinne may have expected being engaged would make things more dynamic between the two of them and when that didn't happen called it a day and married elsewhere. 

I just cannot see there not being our expected HEA, they are married, a family wedding is planned and is happening in September so the storyline must be about the two of them fighting whatever of the enemies Sylvia has decided will be dealt with, Anne has to be at the forefront, maybe Deanna, Landon?  Still hoping we find out more about his mother, possibly about Monica.

29hrs 45 minutes . . . . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am wondering if Corinne's book will be published, I am even more hoping that she goes back to France. But I think she will cause a little more trouble until Eva puts her in her place.  Anne, Deanna and Landon are still very dangerous. Someone mentioned that Dr. Peterson might be related to Anne I hope that is not the case I get the impression that he is "ON" Gideon and Eva's side and wants them to be together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sscrph said:

I'd love for Sylvia to give us Chapter 2 today as a treat...   :)

 

:) Well, the first scene from Chapter 2 was technically posted long ago:  http://www.sylviaday.com/2015/06/15/one-with-you-excerpt-2/

There were some modifications during the writing process, which have been included.

Readers in Australia and New Zealand will start receiving their downloads in a matter of hours, since it's already Monday there. From that point, downloads will start working their way around the globe until the US catches up timezone-wise, so there won't be any more excerpts or snippets posted. We weren't able to post many this time around, to avoid giving away spoilers or causing worrying speculations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sylvia Day said:

:) Well, the first scene from Chapter 2 was technically posted long ago:  http://www.sylviaday.com/2015/06/15/one-with-you-excerpt-2/

There were some modifications during the writing process, which have been included.

Readers in Australia and New Zealand will start receiving their downloads in a matter of hours, since it's already Monday there. From that point, downloads will start working their way around the globe until the US catches up timezone-wise, so there won't be any more excerpts or snippets posted. We weren't able to post many this time around, to avoid giving away spoilers or causing worrying speculations.

Thank you so much!! I actually love that one. So excited to read One With You in its entirety. Have a safe flight to Connecticut!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Sylvia thank you so much for that completed snippet ! I can wait a little longer for my download and I cant wait to see what you have in store for Gideva.   :)

 

1 hour ago, patricia-ann said:

I am wondering if Corinne's book will be published, I am even more hoping that she goes back to France. But I think she will cause a little more trouble until Eva puts her in her place.  Anne, Deanna and Landon are still very dangerous. Someone mentioned that Dr. Peterson might be related to Anne I hope that is not the case I get the impression that he is "ON" Gideon and Eva's side and wants them to be together.

Im looking forward to Eva putting Corinne in her place...she certainly deseves it. After all she is a MARRIED woman and was going after Eva's man. Very low class!! Go Eva. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone, I am new to finally post but definitely not new to the site. I have been reading it for years now but never formally joined and wrote a reply myself. Whether you are a new member with a few posts, or one of the regulars who has over 2000+ posts, I have read every single one of them on all of the boards and am a big fan of all you members. Even when we have had dry spells without anyone writing I still check a couple times a day. I'm a bit obsessive about this series as all of you are and have read them too many times to count, as well as all of Sylvia's other stories. I was never a big reader until I started reading this talented writer. I love how open you are Sylvia to your fans and look forward to this new book. I never minded the wait- you are a perfectionist and this is your passion. It had to be what you envisioned it to be & we're all excited to be a part of it now. Thanks everyone for your insightful comments & speculations - can't wait to read the book and these boards in the next few days!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sme chapter 2 was changed from what I can remember I one I read didn't have Arash going to confront Corinne. I still have 29 1/2 hours to go for my download :(.

sscrph I am also intrigued.

I have finished CBY (after several times reading all of them) and have read chapter 1 and the excerpt for chapter 2. I am ready now, so excited I can't wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

sme chapter 2 was changed from what I can remember I one I read didn't have Arash going to confront Corinne. I still have 29 1/2 hours to go for my download :(.

sscrph I am also intrigued.

I have finished CBY (after several times reading all of them) and have read chapter 1 and the excerpt for chapter 2. I am ready now, so excited I can't wait.

No, pretty sure Arash wasn't asked to see Corinne so minor change there.  I don't recall the bit about 'admire anything except Eva - objectively dispassionately.'  Nor the bit about not calling security.  And there's the bit about Corinne's goal.  I denied that I ever loved anyone before Eva - I think that is new.  There's also more description of Eva and how he sees her and feels her.

 

I think I'm going to finish reading CBY tonight just in case I do find the book tomorrow. If not my e-book should land in 24 hours 24 minutes (well perhaps a little longer than that as they don't always appear dead on midnight), and I've already  read chapter 1 and part of chapter 2.  I look forward to the surprising thing that happens later in chapter 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, D500 said:

No, pretty sure Arash wasn't asked to see Corinne so minor change there.  I don't recall the bit about 'admire anything except Eva - objectively dispassionately.'  Nor the bit about not calling security.  And there's the bit about Corinne's goal.  I denied that I ever loved anyone before Eva - I think that is new.  There's also more description of Eva and how he sees her and feels her.

 

I think I'm going to finish reading CBY tonight just in case I do find the book tomorrow. If not my e-book should land in 24 hours 24 minutes (well perhaps a little longer than that as they don't always appear dead on midnight), and I've already  read chapter 1 and part of chapter 2.  I look forward to the surprising thing that happens later in chapter 2.

I am glad I am not the only one who didn't recall those other comments. Like I said earlier my friend talked me out of going to look for it even though she knows how impatient I am now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So thinking things over I've noticed that Corinne has worn red a couple of times  when she's been to see Gideon I believe Magdalene wore red once. Even the box with the photos was red.  I'm sorry but red is Gideon's and Eva's color. Anybody else notice this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted before that Corinne was just trying to imitate Eva and dress sexier to get Gideon's attention such as the red strapless dress and stillettos. Just as Magdalene was trying to imitate Corinne in BTY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sscrph said:

I posted before that Corinne was just trying to imitate Eva and dress sexier to get Gideon's attention such as the red strapless dress and stillettos. Just as Magdalene was trying to imitate Corinne in BTY.

Below is a direct quote from Gideon's thoughts the first time he see Corinne after her suicide attempt. 

Corinne's elegant blouse and trousers were notably like something I'd once seen my mother wear. 


- is this a coincidence or does Corinne deliberately attempt to emulate Elizabeth? Is this something she has always done? The resemblance between the 2 woman is often talked about. Having seen that tactic is no longer working, is she now trying to imitate Eva? She knows that Eva wore a red dress on their first date & clearly she caught Gideon's attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.4.2016 at 12:17 AM, patricia-ann said:

 

and

 

On 4.4.2016 at 12:08 AM, sscrph said:

 

 

 

sme

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well as Amazon UK have already delivered OWY to lots of people, but my copy is still not sent, I am heading to Central London to visit bookstores in case (good excuse to do some other book buying).  Although I love my e-0book reader, I prefer to hold the paperback for the proper reading experience.  But if I am unsuccessful, well e-reader it is (in about 11 hours)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, D500 said:

Well as Amazon UK have already delivered OWY to lots of people, but my copy is still not sent, I am heading to Central London to visit bookstores in case (good excuse to do some other book buying).  Although I love my e-0book reader, I prefer to hold the paperback for the proper reading experience.  But if I am unsuccessful, well e-reader it is (in about 11 hours)

 

Good luck, nothing in the US so far that I know of.  I have 15 hours and 20 minutes. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All,

It's been a long wait, but it's exciting to join the countdown.  It' s also nice to see names I remember from reading and posting about the earlier books - I'm sure there will be lots more over the next few days!

There are so many threads to wind up - can't imagine how Sylvia will get it done in only one last book. I'm with those who wouldn't have minded a few more books in the series. 

It's a bit late for this now, but a couple of my wishes for this last volume are for Victor to end up with Detective Graves (great love or not, Monica couldn't handle life without money and Victor would always know it) and for Arnoldo to change his mind about Eva.  However, Arash has taken his place in my affections anyway!

Best series, I've found since Crossfire is Kit Rochas Beyond series - though sadly there has still been some waiting around for the next volumes ????  But there are 8 books so far and some spin off novellas, so enough to keep anyone busy. The series wouldn't be to everyone's taste. - it's a dystopian setting, maybe 50 years in the future after a technological meltdown.  There's an enormous amount of sex, almost every possible combination, though not really any BDSM.  The books and characters keep getting better and better as you progress in the series.  I'm in love with at least 3 each of the male AND female protagonists!  And in addition, the writing, grammar, story consistency, etc. are all top notch. 

Looking foward to reading everyone's  OWY comments - SOON!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the updated version of the exerpt released for chapter two, I was surprised that Eva hadn't told Gideon in the breakroom in chapt one that she had quit her job....maybe she didn't have enough time with her just being on a break and so upset with her father.  My favorite line in chapt two is from Arash when he said....when we blew out Cinco de Mayo you tagged two women and then a few weeks later you are having me draft an insane pre-nup.....Wish we could have been in on that party in May...!!  Arash didn't do too good a job of stopping Corrine did he?!  Not much longer to wait!!  Hope I am not disappointed

Just an observation not really a complaint.  Noticed on Facebook postings from this sight that someone said that 9.99 for kindle was sorta high.  I agree....book copy is 9.83 and the kindle version will be 9.99....thought Kindle was supposed to be cheaper...all my other Kindle books have been between 1.99 and 8.99.  Still looking forward to my download  BTW I have ordered the paperback version too....wanted the complete set to have and to hold!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mission accomplished.  As to sme's worrying item, it's something I fully expected to happen, and had written about and the promised outcome is something I had also predicted, although had not written on here about.

And I will say no more on the book until tomorrow (although I may continue to comment on things people post but definitely won't give anything away).

 

First book shop I went into had just one copy on the shelf, and to be honest I didn't expect that particular shop to have it, It's the first one on the street I visited that I find when I leave the tube and a good source for art books so I'd spent time in that department first.  Naturally once I had the book in hand I pretty much came straight home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.