• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, sme said:

Dear Patricia-Ann, 

I am sorry for you! Did you already called the company to complain? I wish you that you soon receive your copy .. ;)

Dear all, 

I did not have any problems with my download. 10 minutes after midnight I opened my kindle programm on my laptop to see if it is already there and it was. But I was so tired .. I got to bed instead of start reading it. 

Well, I am still very groggy today and a lot is on my to do on my to-do-list but I am currently on chapter 6 .. ;) Very interesting so far  .. and I am enjoying it! But will try to stay away .from the major OWY thread, just took a glimpse into it and read about a tiny little word something D500 wrote. She  has really fast read the book .. in only six hours. I must say ... I want to devour it even the first time reading .. 

Til then .. 

sme

sme I have a paperback copy and am also on chapter 6. I love it so far. 

17 minutes ago, sme said:

Hey all, dear Patricia-Ann, 

I am glad that you have your paperback copy. I am now on chapter 9 switching to chapter 10. I must say I do like it but I had expected much more tension, more bad things to happen .. I am little bit confused .. that I´ve read  more than 50 percent  ... well, maybe I am exspecting too much .. ;)

Well, there is the thing about a certain person who  ... won´t spoil it .. .. this gives me the creeps .. but I won´t say anything .. 

Happy reading to all of you .. 

sme

Keep going, there's more action to come.

11 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

D500 and sme I am still at work and can't read until tonight you are making me excited to read even though I got very little sleep last night. I have about another 3 hours and then I hope my family doesn't disturb me. 

D500 did you finish it?

Yes, finished and begun a slower re-read taking my time.  I'm in the position of having no distractions at home so could settle down and read the book once I got home with it last night.  I wouldn't normally read a book of this length so quickly as I'm pretty sure I've missed some points hence the re-read. 

Just don't read any reviews on Amazon.com, amazon.co.uk is safe at the moment.  Pity that they don't have 'spoiler' markers like Good Reads has.  The reviewer has used the alerts on Good Reads but not on Amazon. 

Sadly some reviewers are still going on about how the story could have all been done in 3 books - wish they would just get over that, it's been over two years since it was announced here would be five books which is enough time to learn to live with it.  Some of them do seem to have a kind of vendetta against the author with their 'I'm not buying any more of her books' attitude - I think the phrase is 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.  Why miss out on excellent writing and storylines just because a series became 5 books and it took time to put words to paper?

Received OWY on my Kindle last night a little after midnight. Read all night. Need to read it slower. I am happy for Eva and Gideon but man besides that I am disappointed. I feel like I have many more questions that didn't get answered. And the ending,...well I wasn't sure what to think.

I am a big fan of Ms. Day's books, but this just fell flat. I usually don't even comment on things, do not have all the social media accounts, etc., but wanted to join in since I was excited the book was finally coming out. But now I am really puzzled and as a reader didn't get what I needed to close out a great series. I'm sure there will be differing opinions, but that is mine

1 hour ago, D500 said:

Yes, finished and begun a slower re-read taking my time.  I'm in the position of having no distractions at home so could settle down and read the book once I got home with it last night.  I wouldn't normally read a book of this length so quickly as I'm pretty sure I've missed some points hence the re-read. 

Just don't read any reviews on Amazon.com, amazon.co.uk is safe at the moment.  Pity that they don't have 'spoiler' markers like Good Reads has.  The reviewer has used the alerts on Good Reads but not on Amazon. 

Sadly some reviewers are still going on about how the story could have all been done in 3 books - wish they would just get over that, it's been over two years since it was announced here would be five books which is enough time to learn to live with it.  Some of them do seem to have a kind of vendetta against the author with their 'I'm not buying any more of her books' attitude - I think the phrase is 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.  Why miss out on excellent writing and storylines just because a series became 5 books and it took time to put words to paper?

Actually it should have gone to a sixth book because I felt that the story was rushed and overlooked tying up some important loose ends...

3 minutes ago, sscrph said:

Actually it should have gone to a sixth book because I felt that the story was rushed and overlooked tying up some important loose ends...

I quite agree, but I bet the author (and a lot of readers) couldn't face the plethora of comments that would result from an announcement that there would be a sixth book - a rumour had begun quite soon after CBY came out that there might be six books but it was quickly quoshed.  We can get into the loose ends in the spoiler thread and maybe ask Sylvia if there is any resolution to them. 

Problem solved about my IPad kindle (my own fault). After meeting with Sylvia Day last evening she explained (DID NOT GIVE ANY SPOILERS) that the series was originally suppose to be 2 novels but as she was writing Gideon and Eva spoke to her and she knew it would be more being 5. She said that she took them as far as she could help them the rest is up to them. She was such an inspiration to everyone in the audience, very pleasant and personable in my opinion.  Upon reading some of the comments above I am still hoping for a happy ever after, so I am now home and will read, I am starting chapter 6 and then will reread slowly. I will not be reading the spoiler until I am finished. I hope I am strong enough not to peek.

11 minutes ago, sme said:

Yeah, Patricia-Ann!

If you wanna discuss and see what others are thinking about this last book .. go there please! There you are free to post whatever you want .. about the beginning or ending or open questions, your feelings and so on .. ;)

See you there .. :)

sme

Perfect unfortunately I am at work so I'll be there tonight probably after 5pm est. I really loved having these discussions I have never done anything like this before, I feel like I have a new circle of friends I will be sad when it stops. 

1 hour ago, Nathalia said:

Just got my copy ... I'm almost afraid to read it because I don't want to be disappointed ! Very nervous I won't enjoy it ????

Don't read any reviews, not just because of spoilers but because you need to read the book with an open mind and I suspect some of the reviews are 'coloured' by what other reviewers have said (including a few who haven't even read the book but are posting reviews!!).  You need to make your own mind up about the actual content, the writing is as excellent as ever and there are twists and turns. 

And then pop over to the spoilers thread and join in. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am wondering what this is about, but probably just that a count down to Gideon's birthday was a reasonable way to publicise the song release.  Don't forget if you buy the song via iTunes you get a booklet (not sure what that will be as the digital booklet is usually the artwork of a cd so will include details of the songwriter, singer, possibly the musicians involved. 

8 hours ago, D500 said:

I am wondering what this is about, but probably just that a count down to Gideon's birthday was a reasonable way to publicise the song release.  Don't forget if you buy the song via iTunes you get a booklet (not sure what that will be as the digital booklet is usually the artwork of a cd so will include details of the songwriter, singer, possibly the musicians involved. 

also I read in her sylviaday.com website that if you bought the kindle version thru Penguin that you would later receive the song.  Don't know how that works, but she did say more info to come.  I'll wait and see

I bought the iTunes song and the booklet is a photo of Sylvia, the lyrics, a few sentences from the book leading up to Brett singing and a few words from after he sang.  When I pre-ordered the price was £1.49, last night before my download was available the price had dropped to 79p but I was still charged £1.49 - Amazon usually only charge you what the price is on the release day, iTunes are not sokind .

If you bought the audiobook from audible you should be able to download a fresh version including the song, ditto if in the UK and you bought the e-book from Penguin you get a version with the song.

The web site was updated today and neither of those are yet available.

I guess US readers are not getting the song as the US contract with Penguin is ended.