What do we know about Monica? Just the facts.

Tramalam

At the end of CBY Eva told Gideon that no one of mothers relatives were invited to the wedding. They presumably cut Monica of when she got pregnant with Eva. I don't expect them to suddenly show up in Gidevas wedding. .IMO there are so many other things that needs to be cleared up in OWY, and Monicas historie probably could filled a book of it's own.

I'm as curious as you are, and hope for some answers in OWY. :)

I would like to know where Monica and Eva lived when she was a baby. Were they in the San Diego area and when did Monica come to New York... when she married Stanton or before this...I'm thinking an aunt or other sympathetic family member took Monica and her baby into their home in those early years ... I hope these questions get answered in OWY.

I would like to know where Monica and Eva lived when she was a baby. Were they in the San Diego area and when did Monica come to New York... when she married Stanton or before this...I'm thinking an aunt or other sympathetic family member took Monica and her baby into their home in those early years ... I hope these questions get answered in OWY.

I too want to know how Monica managed after her family disowned her. How old Eva was when Monica married husband #1, where they lived and how often Victor saw baby Eva, or did they not get together until she went off to college?

In previous threads we have discussed the question of where Monica and Eva lived when Eva was a baby.  If I recall correctly, it was agreed upon by readers that it was not in the SD (San Diego) area nor was it in NY.  When Eva first got to NY, it was a foreign place to her, she hadn't been there (assuming other than visiting her Mom and Stanton) and was just learning the area.  Many times in the 4 books she calls NY "her adopted home" and talks about not knowing her way around.

Also we know that when she went to college at SDSU, that she WENT there and wasn't already there.  We also know that going there got her away from Monica.  

However we know that Monica and Victor met (duh, they did have a baby) and the assumption is that Victor and Monica met in CA, since there is nothing that leads us to think that Victor moved and went anywhere.  We also know that growing up, Eva and Victor didn't have a close, in proximity or in visitation, relationship to each other.  So I am assuming that they lived either somewhere else in CA or maybe somewhere else on the westcoast.

I too want to know how Monica managed after her family disowned her. How old Eva was when Monica married husband #1, where they lived and how often Victor saw baby Eva, or did they not get together until she went off to college?

I definitely think there had to be some sort of visitation process in place. Eva would not want to go and live with someone she hardly knew so it makes sense that she had a somewhat close relationship with him prior to moving to San Diego.