Shhhhh FSOG

I'm taking my chances feeling I'm doing something criminal by creating a small thread about FSOG movie.
I read the FSOG but once I came across Gideva I forgot all about Mr. Grey. I liked that Crossfire had more to the plot, more characters, more action than just the s*x. Now I've re-read the Fithy Shades since I'm going to the premiere next Friday (girls night out), and I have to admit that I'm once again a bit charmed by Mr.Grey.

I have some expectations to the movie, first of all I hope that the movie covers all three books. Hopefully more than just the first one, or else there is not going to be ha happy ending. Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson were not like what I have pictured Christian & Ana, but now I think they do fit the part, and I'm excited to see them in action. The s*x part is huge in the books (almost too much), and I hope we get to see other things in the movie like the family parties, perhaps the helikopter accident, the proposal, Leila (Christian's x-submissive), Jack (Ana's creepy boss).. I don't know, there is a lot to cover, and the movie is set to be about 2 hours.

Are you going to see the FSOG? What are your expectations?

The movie is just the first book, if it is a success then the other two will be filmed. I agree neither actor seemed right for the part but I suspect once we've seen the film we'll be happy with them. E L James tweeted a link to a clip from the film - the scene in the hardware store with the cable clips - and I thought they both came over well (the spoken bits shown in the trailers seemed a bit wooden but as they were just tiny bits of speech and not in the context of the film I wasn't judging them on that). Link below, I don't think it is on You Tube but there's so many fake links on there to the 'full movie' (which of course they do not).

It's difficult when we are already invested in how we imagine a character to look and suddenly a real person is in that role but Dornan is a good actor and from the clip it looks as if Dakota is carrying off the role of Ana.

http://www.today.com/popculture/fifty-shades-grey-extended-clip-reveals-just-what-christian-wants-2D80467460

Thank you for both clips D500 :)

It is also important to have in mind that a movie never will be exactly like the book(s). When we read, we get under the skin and into their minds and thoughts. In the movies they have to have more dialogues.

I'm open minded about the actors and the action :)

Though I really hope it doesn't end with Ana running away from Christian like the book does, even if we do know how the story develops in book 2-3.

I liked Jamie as Christian but Dakota as Ana was throwing me off. She in no way looked like how I had pictured in my head. I ordered my tickets yesterday. 

I heard the end was a "cliffhanger" of sorts because it ends with her leaving Christian like in the books. 

Reading 50 shades was what introduced me to the Crossfire series. I finished 50 and had the worst book hangover so I googled books to read after 50 shades and that made me start my book affair with Gideon!

xoxolaurenashley

I agree with you regarding Dakota.  In the book when Anna meets Christian the first time (I think it's the end of the book)  when she smiles he thinks to himself she is BREATHTAKING.  I know this will sound harsh but I do not find Dakota attractive and definitely not breathtaking.  Also her hair seems to be a mess throughout the entire movie from the scenes released.  I'm not 100% on board with Jamie as Christian but he is a good actor and I am getting use to seeing him in the trailer's.  As far as the descriptions in the book, the only actors that seen to fit are Kate (wasn't she a redhead in the book ?) and Christian's driver.  Can't remember his name, was it Jason(first or last name ?)  As of today I have no interest in seeing the movie.  I would like to keep my VISUAL from the book intact.  

I think the movie will do well mostly because of curiosity regarding the sex scenes.  I also think Dakota's acting seems a little flat in the trailer's.  

Please do not reply with a negative response to this post, this is just my honest opinion.  I know we all have out favorite actors we would like to see in these roles.  I just think many actors did not want to be part of this film and shooting was close to starting and the actors that were chosen DO NOT COME CLOSE TO THEIR DESCRIPTION IN THE BOOK .

This is my first post but I have been following Sylvia and the Crossfire series from the beginning.   

I'm not sure but I do not think Sylvia would appreciate discussion regarding 50 Shades on her site.  Maybe someone can start a discussion group somewhere more appropriate.  Don't want to take away from CROSSFIRE by discussing 50 Shades here.  I would love to here more opinions once the movie is released.  Sorry if i offended anyone.  

xoxolaurenashley

I agree with you regarding Dakota.  In the book when Anna meets Christian the first time (I think it's the end of the book)  when she smiles he thinks to himself she is BREATHTAKING.  I know this will sound harsh but I do not find Dakota attractive and definitely not breathtaking.  Also her hair seems to be a mess throughout the entire movie from the scenes released.  I'm not 100% on board with Jamie as Christian but he is a good actor and I am getting use to seeing him in the trailer's.  As far as the descriptions in the book, the only actors that seen to fit are Kate (wasn't she a redhead in the book ?) and Christian's driver.  Can't remember his name, was it Jason(first or last name ?)  As of today I have no interest in seeing the movie.  I would like to keep my VISUAL from the book intact.  

I agree. I also pictured Ana as sweet, dainty, and innocent looking and Dakota doesn't have that. Jason Taylor is the drivers name I think. 

Hopefully the movie will prove us wrong about Dakota and the rest of the film. 

I'm taking my chances feeling I'm doing something criminal by creating a small thread about FSOG movie.

I read the FSOG but once I came across Gideva I forgot all about Mr. Grey. I liked that Crossfire had more to the plot, more characters, more action than just the s*x. Now I've re-read the Fithy Shades since I'm going to the premiere next Friday (girls night out), and I have to admit that I'm once again a bit charmed by Mr.Grey.

I have some expectations to the movie, first of all I hope that the movie covers all three books. Hopefully more than just the first one, or else there is not going to be ha happy ending. Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson were not like what I have pictured Christian & Ana, but now I think they do fit the part, and I'm excited to see them in action. The s*x part is huge in the books (almost too much), and I hope we get to see other things in the movie like the family parties, perhaps the helikopter accident, the proposal, Leila (Christian's x-submissive), Jack (Ana's creepy boss).. I don't know, there is a lot to cover, and the movie is set to be about 2 hours.

Are you going to see the FSOG? What are your expectations?

I do not think the book will cover all 3 books... I think it will only cover the first book and I wonder how it will end;with her leaving him or the reconciliation... We won't have long to wait now.

I do not think the book will cover all 3 books... I think it will only cover the first book and I wonder how it will end;with her leaving him or the reconciliation... We won't have long to wait now.

I can see that it is going to be difficult to cover all three books in just 2 hours, but if they are going to wait to see the response of the audience before they decide if they're going to make another movie, they can't end it with Ana leaving??

At my cinema the tickets for the premiere night were sold out in one day, three months ago. Lord of the rings has had the record of advance sales, until FSOG. It's going to be exciticng to see if it going to be a hit or a flop.

MOVIE ENDING SPOILER******

This was on Yahoo news about how EL James wanted the movie to end vs the director:

"As anyone who’s read the books knows, the first volume ends after Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson) asks her wealthy lover, Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan), to give her a good shellacking. When he obliges, she recoils and leaves him.

In the ending favored by James, who wrote the original film script with Kelly Marcel (Saving Mr. Banks), the final word in the film is “stop.†But in the ending favored by the director, which apparently came from a rewrite by Patrick Marber (Notes on a Scandal, Closer), the last word in the movie was “red,†which is used in the trilogy as a “safe word.â€"

I have tickets to an advanced screening on Wednesday.  I also read fifty shades prior to the Crossfire series.  I'll leave a brief review after the movie.

I am looking forward to Friday the 13 th also.....this wait is almost as bad as the wait we had for CBY and now for OWY!! Hope the movie lives up to the hype....looking forward to hearing/reading your review....

I read FSOG trilogy first then the Crossfire series, IMO the Crossfire series is more of a love story.

Suspect it is going to be very good indeed. I know the type of book is not everyone's choice and understand that a lot of people would not read it, nor would they see the film, but sad how many people have implied the film would be a turkey without even waiting to see reactions to it when released. Hate those who pre-judge, no problem with opinions offered once a book is read or a film watched and even if they are negative where my own are positive, we don't all see things the same. It's good that the author had a massive say in the end product, I believe Sylvia has not got quite the same involvement for the Crossfire tv series so fingers crossed it is as true to the books as it can be.

They were very pleased with both Jamie and Dakota, and read that the chemistry between them were great! Read a spoiler of the ending and looks like I'm not going to be pleased there... Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for 2&3 (maybe they've started secretly already?) I watched an interview with Dakota who said that it's been a year since they finished filming FSOG?!!