ONE WITH YOU... Excerpts, Treats, Teasers, etc...

Kirsten

• 4 months later...

Interesting to read the same scene from both points of view - I think having some of the scenes in CBY from both points of view would have been good, such as the scene where Gideon watched Eva approach Brett at the gig when Brett was with the look alike - and the scene after the night with the swing where Eva decided to leave him.  I almost began to dislike her for the speed with which she forgot the night before and their closeness, to make such a big issue out of his actions over Mark.  I told myself to accept it because there had to be a reason for her to be able to break him into telling Dr Peterson and it probably had to be a seemingly trivial reason (accepting that it was important to Eva that she was allowed to make her own mind up over her job situation), if it had been something major it would have been difficult to pull them back together.

I think she should keep both scenes in the book and do some scenes where we read both Gideon and Eva's thoughts about the same thing.

Interesting to read the same scene from both points of view - I think having some of the scenes in CBY from both points of view would have been good, such as the scene where Gideon watched Eva approach Brett at the gig when Brett was with the look alike - and the scene after the night with the swing where Eva decided to leave him.  I almost began to dislike her for the speed with which she forgot the night before and their closeness, to make such a big issue out of his actions over Mark.  I told myself to accept it because there had to be a reason for her to be able to break him into telling Dr Peterson and it probably had to be a seemingly trivial reason (accepting that it was important to Eva that she was allowed to make her own mind up over her job situation), if it had been something major it would have been difficult to pull them back together.

I think she should keep both scenes in the book and do some scenes where we read both Gideon and Eva's thoughts about the same thing.

​I agree with you over the whole Mark thing. It infuriated me that after their night all was forgotten. I don't think she'll have both scenes in the book, but it certainly would be interesting look at both perspectives.

Can't decided which POV I enjoyed more.  Wish she could keep both in the book.  From the way she explained this exerpt, seems she has been doing some editing on OWY even though she had said that it was finished.

I am curious about a few things.....How did Arash know that Gideon "tagged" two women during Cinco de Mayo?  Since he only had sex at his hotel?  He said again when looking at the photos with Corrine that he couldn't f**k her there cause the hotel that he did that was miles away.....  interesting  Hope we find out what the flowers were for and what the card attached said.

Loved loved this exerpt hope this means we will either get more or maybe a release date!!!

Edited by jmhope

They hold  Cinco de Mayo parties in New York so presumably the guys were out on the prowl and Gideon was able to take any pick up(s) back to the hotel. 

I recall the author saying in a You Tube video that she does not map out the entire storyline for her series, whereas others have a skeleton story which they then flesh out.  It's probably easier to write if you know how the story is going to pan out.

- - - - - - -

Anyone else having problems with their password on here - no problems up till today, I've had to request a new password every time I've  signed in, running out of password ideas as that's the fourth one I've done today.

Here's my theory about what Arash meant when he teased Gideon, “If I remember correctly, you tagged two women when we blew out Cinco de Mayo and a few weeks later, you’re telling me to draft an insane prenup.” It's a wild theory, but it's just one theory, so jump in but don't jump all over me. All in good fun.

Gideon and the guys partied on Cinco de Mayo at the f***pad hotel, and Gideon took two women up to his room for a three-way.

Remember in CBY when Gideon was backstage at Brett's concert and two women tried to tag-team him, both of them pawing him. Gideon thought to himself "In another time, I would've f******* them both, turning the feel of being hunted into one of complete control."

As for parties at the f***pad hotel, the hotel has some sort of function room/rooms and/or a restaurant. Gideon hosted the Kingsman Vodka party at the hotel the night he killed Nathan, including using a kitchen fire at the hotel as part of his alibi.

I can see Gideon engaging in three-ways in the past. It's more impersonal than one-on-one with a woman, he's got the stamina to satisfy two women in one session, and hey, he wouldn't necessarily have to engage in intercourse with one or both. He's got toys stocked.

Most important, afterward there would be less of those pesky emotional expectations from two women who had been with him together. The idea of Gideon getting his kink on in a menage is more palatable than him having a one-night with Deanna that included intercourse, and him carrying on an affair with Anne that included rough s**.

I wonder whether Arash was at the Kingsman Vodka party and met Corrine there. It would make sense for Gideon to include Arash as one of the party guests who saw him there that night in case the cops came asking about his whereabouts. It would be less complicated for Gideon if Arash, not Corrine, was the one talking to police about Gideon's whereabouts that night. Arash is a lawyer and he'd know how to avoid any trick questions by a cop.

In this excerpt are two things that make me suspect Arash met Corrine recently. The first is when he said to Gideon, “If only my wrong women looked like Corinne.” The other is what Gideon thinks as Corrine rounds the corner from reception to Gideon's office. "I watched Scott stand to greet Corinne as she rounded the corner. I noted the way she smiled at him, then Arash as he passed her, before turning her head to catch my gaze."

They hold  Cinco de Mayo parties in New York so presumably the guys were out on the prowl and Gideon was able to take any pick up(s) back to the hotel. 

I recall the author saying in a You Tube video that she does not map out the entire storyline for her series, whereas others have a skeleton story which they then flesh out.  It's probably easier to write if you know how the story is going to pan out.

- - - - - - -

Anyone else having problems with their password on here - no problems up till today, I've had to request a new password every time I've  signed in, running out of password ideas as that's the fourth one I've done today.

​OK, I think I got the quote another post function to work. Just wanted to add something I know about how fiction writers create their stories. I've learned about the process from two friends who are fiction writers: one's a published author of teen mysteries, and the second is an aspiring author of romantic suspense working on her first novel.

They taught me that fiction writers fall into two categories: "plotters" and "pantsers" (an abbreviation for seat-of-the-pants).

A plotter generally outlines the plot before he or she begins writing the first draft, and this sort of author often writes the novel's first draft in order: chapter one, chapter two, etc. My friend the mystery writer is a plotter. 

A pantser starts with a story idea and lets it take him or her wherever. They have rough ideas of the starting and ending points but don't write their chapters in order, don't use outlines, and they leave themselves open for unexpected surprises. Stephen King is a pantser and proud of it. He made the term popular in author circles (and sparked lots of debate.) My friend the romantic suspense writer is a pantser.

Here's my theory about what Arash meant when he teased Gideon, “If I remember correctly, you tagged two women when we blew out Cinco de Mayo and a few weeks later, you’re telling me to draft an insane prenup.” It's a wild theory, but it's just one theory, so jump in but don't jump all over me. All in good fun.

Gideon and the guys partied on Cinco de Mayo at the f***pad hotel, and Gideon took two women up to his room for a three-way.

Remember in CBY when Gideon was backstage at Brett's concert and two women tried to tag-team him, both of them pawing him. Gideon thought to himself "In another time, I would've f******* them both, turning the feel of being hunted into one of complete control."

As for parties at the f***pad hotel, the hotel has some sort of function room/rooms and/or a restaurant. Gideon hosted the Kingsman Vodka party at the hotel the night he killed Nathan, including using a kitchen fire at the hotel as part of his alibi.

I can see Gideon engaging in three-ways in the past. It's more impersonal than one-on-one with a woman, he's got the stamina to satisfy two women in one session, and hey, he wouldn't necessarily have to engage in intercourse with one or both. He's got toys stocked.

Most important, afterward there would be less of those pesky emotional expectations from two women who had been with him together. The idea of Gideon getting his kink on in a menage is more palatable than him having a one-night with Deanna that included intercourse, and him carrying on an affair with Anne that included rough s**.

Totally agree with this Lighthouse...Definitely think it was a three-way.

​I was happy with Gideon telling her, and finding out what the necklace was.

​Very happy with Gideon telling Corrine he's married. It's interesting that she didn't flip out when Gideon told her he'd married Eva -- considering the fact she took a drug overdose when she heard a mere rumor Gideon and Eva got engaged. I suppose this shows she's more mentally stable now that it's been a couple of weeks since she was hospitalized and presumably taken off whatever medications had been feeding her crazy during the weeks she was chasing Gideon and fooling herself into thinking she had a shot at winning him back.

I'm glad we got the mystery of the necklace settled. Eva's gut instinct was right on about the weird throat-touching nervous tic Corrine did the night the two women met. Corrine was unconsciously fingering a necklace she used to wear. Kinda sad for Corrine's soon-to-be-ex-husband that for all those years, she still kept the necklace and all those photos of her and Gideon together. The husband never really had a shot, because she never got over Gideon. She never should have gone through with marrying him. And she still does not get it that she never had a shot with Gideon, because he never would have married her. He let her walk away, and she should have never looked back. I almost feel sorry for her.

Almost.

Sylvia posted this today.

OWYSD.jpg

​This quote is not in either of the snippets, so it's brand new material (squeeeeee!) I wonder if it is part of the same scene of snippet from Eva's point of view, because in it she thinks "This was what we had. What we were fighting for. And we were going to win." 

So who's she going to protect Gideon from? As much as I think some of us would love to see her get into a cat fight with Corrine, I think Eva recognizes Corrine's no longer a threat. Her instincts are telling her Anne and Terry Lucas definitely are a threat, and she has already gone after Terry once. I would love to see her go after Anne. Eva wisely thinks the police might still pose a threat.

​This quote is not in either of the snippets, so it's brand new material (squeeeeee!) I wonder if it is part of the same scene of snippet from Eva's point of view, because in it she thinks "This was what we had. What we were fighting for. And we were going to win." 

So who's she going to protect Gideon from? As much as I think some of us would love to see her get into a cat fight with Corrine, I think Eva recognizes Corrine's no longer a threat. Her instincts are telling her Anne and Terry Lucas definitely are a threat, and she has already gone after Terry once. I would love to see her go after Anne. Eva wisely thinks the police might still pose a threat.

​I think she is just saying/thinking that she will ALWAYS have Gideon's back and that he doesn't have to "put on a face" with her.  She will love and protect him always!!! Until death do they part and then probably afterwards too.  In other words, he can let his guard down and breathe and she will watch out for him

I love, love, love Gideon's POV! Finally he told cray-cray he and Eva are married its about time. It was interesting that Corinne did not freak out when she heard the news. Besides the book maybe she has another scheme playing out somewhere in that messed up head of hers. I certainly hope not but hey you never know.  Lighthouse I agree with your theory about Arash's (whom I love) comment.

I love, love, love Gideon's POV! Finally he told cray-cray he and Eva are married its about time. It was interesting that Corinne did not freak out when she heard the news. Besides the book maybe she has another scheme playing out somewhere in that messed up head of hers. I certainly hope not but hey you never know.  Lighthouse I agree with your theory about Arash's (whom I love) comment.

​

I think Corrine acted weirdly calm. Hopefully nothing is up her sleeve.

Wonder if Corrine has accepted defeat in that Gideon has married Eva and that is sufficient to halt her in her action of publishing the book and be happy that Gideon is now happy, or does she want to hurt Eva as well as Gideon, continue with publishing the book.  If the earlier theory that she has some involvement with Anne Lucas is correct, and we know Anne is not letting Gideon off lightly, there could be more fireworks to come.