So Close

D500

This is the first book of Blacklist but I can't start a new section, just a thread in an existing section so here goes.  Although Penguin say they can't say much I did establish it is book 1 of Blacklist.

Penguin Australia has the following on it's site:

SO CLOSE by Sylvia Day
There’s not much we can tell you just yet about SO CLOSE, Sylvia Day’s new novel, except that it’s due to be published in June – and we can’t wait. Stay tuned.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/So-Close-Sylvia-Day/dp/1250071720

https://www.bookdepository.com/So-Close-Sylvia-Day/9781250071729

Response from Sylvia on Facebook to a question about this

Sylvia Day Hi, Niki. I'm not sure why they posted a June release date, when a date has not yet been set. As soon as a release date has been confirmed, I'll update my website and we'll share on social media. That said, yes, my next series will be the Blacklist series, a duet of novels following two characters you haven't met yet. It's a contemporary series, set in my beloved New York. Kane and Lily's romance spans years (instead of the handful of months covered in the Crossfire Series) and I'm very excited about it. You'll be able to start their story via an excerpt of So Close that you'll find at the end of One with You.

I had read somewhere that we will see some characters from Crossfire in the Blacklist books. It was along time ago. Being set in New York maybe, she has recurring characters in the Georgian Series. I wounder how many books will be in the Blacklist Series? I guess we'll just have to wait. I hate waiting.

Gideon was mentioned in one of her other books, Blood and Roses, Deanna in AfterBurn/Shock.  It may just be that we get glimpses of characters at events that Lily and Kane go to, could be a mechanism to give us updates on their lives as the Crossfire series does take place over a very short period of time (and we don't know if there will be an epilogue for a later time so we know their future).

It's just the two books in this series (So Close and Too Far).

• 1 month later...

Sylvia Day’s duology of contemporary novels, about a young woman whose work for her family’s record label exposes her to love and loss, to be published following Day’s upcoming Blacklist duology, again to Maxine Hitchcock and Tom Weldon for Penguin UK, in a major deal, in a seven-figure deal, by Kimberly Whalen at Trident Media Group. — Publishers Marketplace (March 10, 2016)

(for me the words 'family's record label' set me thinking . . . . )

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Nathalia said:

Just read the excerpt at the end of OWY.... So is 'the most eligible bachelor who just eloped' Gideon? Also, the story seems to be told in third person ? Is that how it's describe ?

I believe the bachelor is Gideon. I also feel the same way that it was told in third person. I also got the feeling that Lily was running away from Kane.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2016 at 9:25 AM, D500 said:

Sylvia Day’s duology of contemporary novels, about a young woman whose work for her family’s record label exposes her to love and loss, to be published following Day’s upcoming Blacklist duology, again to Maxine Hitchcock and Tom Weldon for Penguin UK, in a major deal, in a seven-figure deal, by Kimberly Whalen at Trident Media Group. — Publishers Marketplace (March 10, 2016)

(for me the words 'family's record label' set me thinking . . . . )

The important thing to note about this announcement is the bold and underlined word: "to be published following Day's upcoming Blacklist duology." These are two separate series. Lily doesn't work with a family record label, Ireland does. Hope this clarifies!

• 3 months later...

From the author's web site

When will So Close (Blacklist #1) release?

Sylvia is presently working on So Close. The publisher will announce the release date once the story is complete and edited. At this time, it’s expected that So Close will release in early to mid-2017.

This is the most up to date information on this topic as of August 2016.

• 2 months later...

I just popped on Good Reads to see if there was any further detail on this book - there are lots of ratings for it already, some one star, some five stars and in between - yet no-one has read the book as I believe the author is still writing it so how on earth can someone rate a book that is not written?????

• 2 months later...

Happy new y ear everyone

In a response to a reader tweeting about needing more Gideon and Eva, Sylvia replied

Sylvia Day • Author

✔ @SylDay

We'll see them again, in the Blacklist Series and Ireland's series.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year D500, I hope you are having a great year so far.  I miss Gideon and Eva so much it isn't funny. since the last time we chatted on here I have read the Crossfire Series twice I guess you could say I am obsessed hahaha.

I have a question maybe you or someone can answer it for me. I have a Twitter account however, when I tweet something to Sylvia Day (and others) I never get a response I know I have my account private so next to my name is a padlock could this be why I do not get responses? My question on Twitter to Sylvia Day was will the novel about Ireland be released after the Blacklist Series, I know I only tweeted it 14 hours ago but I was hoping I would be a response or a hello.

Happy new year to you too.  I've not done a re-read yet this year (too many other must reads out), but have dipped in occasionally to clarify some thoughts. 

I don't think the author responds to all tweets so don't be disheartened not to hear from her.  Its the same on her Facebook, people ask questions and often it is other readers who answer.  She says she is writing at the moment and Gideon is talking to her . . . . .  so that may be why she is responding to a few people giving hints about the characters featuring in the next four books she is contracted to write.  Despite the criticisms from some over the ending of One With You, the books about Gideon and Eva do sell, but she is right not to keep them as the forefront of future novels.  Their main storyline of getting together and particularly bringing Gideon out of his closed in situation with his family (and other things) was completed and they were very much together at the end of that book.  It will be good to read about a different couple, but knowing that at some point in the storyline we'll get to catch up and find out some of those things that were not finalised in the Crossfire series.

And from what has been said, yes, the Blacklist series are the next two books and then the duology about Ireland - bearing in mind the Crossfire books began in 2012 and I presume were set in 2012, and assuming the Ireland books start to be written this year, Ireland will be 22/23 so out of college and working for the Record company.  And hopefully Gideon and Eva have had 5 years together and perhaps there will be a baby (I'm not fussed if they don't have one but it would be good to read how Gideon reacts to hearing he is to be a father, becoming a father etc.) 

Thank you for replying I appreciate it. I didn't realize that Ireland was going to be a duology that's exciting. I agree the Crossfire Series was about Gideon and Eva and Sylvia did a great job in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the Blacklist Series. I'm impatient but I'll continue to read others and reread until it comes out. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2017 at 9:28 PM, patricia-ann said:

Thank you for replying I appreciate it. I didn't realize that Ireland was going to be a duology that's exciting. I agree the Crossfire Series was about Gideon and Eva and Sylvia did a great job in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the Blacklist Series. I'm impatient but I'll continue to read others and reread until it comes out. 

Haven't made up my mind if I am going to buy this book (kindle version) or the series....depends on the price.  Tired of buying it for $9.99 and then later on it is offered for half the price.  Other publishers/authors  do the same thing, sometimes it is "free" in the kindle version for a short time after the release date; but with no release date mentioned I don't have anything to worry about.

3 hours ago, jmhope said:

Haven't made up my mind if I am going to buy this book (kindle version) or the series....depends on the price.  Tired of buying it for $9.99 and then later on it is offered for half the price.  Other publishers/authors  do the same thing, sometimes it is "free" in the kindle version for a short time after the release date; but with no release date mentioned I don't have anything to worry about.

Hopefully we'll hear something about a release date but like I have mentioned previously I'm impatient haha.

• 6 months later...

Hi D500 and jmhope long time no talk to I hope you both are well. I had a friend read the Crossfire Series and she loved the first five books she wasn't thrilled with OWY she felt too many unanswered questions. I still love all of them. Anyway a couple of things have either of you heard when So Close is going to be released? I know Sylvia has been involved in getting Afterburn Aftershock finished for the movie I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD I don't know anything about passionflix. Also Sylvia tweeted the other day that we'd be seeing Gideon and Eva again soon do you know what she meant by that? And finally my last question have you heard anything about when Ireland might be coming out? Sorry for all of these questions but I've been having trouble logging in and I can only do it on my iPhone so I'm frustrated with my laptop.