* * One with You -- SPOILER THREAD * *

admin

Some were just nitpicking and harsh .. Its annoying me  . 

I love how Sylvia wrapped up this book  .. and Im very happy how it ended and very sad I have to say goodbye to  Gidoen and Eva.

It doesn't need to answer everything  - or solved everything  because life its not like that. It takes time to heal and  to make progress.  I believed this series was all about Gideon and Eva .. their story, how they become a solid couple , work together with their issues  and  be together as they move forward to their future . I think we all wished that she tied up all the issues cleanly - she did somehow. But Corrine, Deanna, Brett and other characters were just  breadcrumbs to the life Gideon and Evas' building. Its always about Gideon and Eva - they were the core of this story and where Sylvias ' left them was a great happy place. Did Corrine book come out .. I would not really care ..as far as Gideons' concerned (and my concerned) he cut the tie with Corrine already and so as to his mother who still refused to accept what happened to him after he bared  his soul to her . He close that chapter already there's no point for Gideon moaning and be tormented about it .. It will halt his progress for healing if he wont let go .Did Deanna took the offer Gideon offered , I dont care really . Brett was foregone since Captivated by You .. why would I want him to be back in the scene again .. Cary can have his own spinned off if we want to follow his life. Tatiana is not Gideon and Evas' problem at all. Stanton was grieving we all know and Evas was there for him . Many others overlooked  the fact that Gideon has no family .. in real sense of it .. and the last book gave him that . He has  Evas' family and Chris family.  He started  building the bridge  with Christopher because he really wanted that.  It was one thing he truly need as he has been battling on his own for so long until Eva . So basically if we want all answers to be detailed - Sylvia should write 10 books instead (I would love that though)   and some people  forgot that the 5 books took place between 3-4 months in the story. So as far as my understanding, Gideon and Eva were a solid couple, the other issues she left it like " progressing" and "as it happened" like how the reality flows and they will deal with it head on - TOGETHER .That was the after imagination Sylvia  left to me .  

Can I just say Sylvia has  given Monica   a really great way to go . She was a big part of this story more than the others and  knowing  her life back then , what  she sacrificed for .. I  salute Monica Tramell Stanton .  

On 4/6/2016 at 11:54 PM, shan12 said:

According to the other books Gideon did not act so brazenly out in public.  Yes, this is foreplay, but so out of the normal from what we were led to believe about Gideon.  He used his f@#$ pad. He is also a successful business man...what is he thinking doing "foreplay" out in public where pictures of the foreplay were taken.  He says he was always in control except when he wanted Eva.  He says he couldn't control himself and broke his rules for her.  Come on here....he was sucking on one woman's nipple and fingering the other.  REALLY GIDEON??!!!  You are a 12 billion dollar business man.  How stupid of you to act this way.  And Sylvia don't confuse us...either he uses the f@#$ pad for all  his sexual encounters  like the first 4 books eluded us too...or he didn't...which is it. It was with Eva only that he lost control away from his f@#$ pad  or so we were to believe.

It was in a VIP area  was it .. it is supposed to be  private  ..  so what he does in private he assumed was private  .. he is not having sex he was  a guy out with his  friends  being bad and naughty while super drunk  .. so if someone cleverly got a picture ..  paparazzi was really good.   :)  why was this an issue  .. The guy who took the photo must be the same guy who stalked Gideon  .. who never sold the  photos  unless  he needs money  .I would assumed he sold it to the press  after being  encouraged  by Dr. Lucas  ..  now my only questioned was "where is Cinco de Mayo"  ..   :) 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi Gcrossfire totally agree with all of your points and everyone on this blog loves Gideva thats why we are here and we will all certainly miss them. All of the readers wanted certain things out of OWY SOME WERE SATISFIED AND OTHERS WERE NOT . That is just the way life goes. As I said before at the end if the day it was Sylvia's story to write .

12 hours ago, shan12 said:

Hey can I give you my  thoughts if you dont mind  . :)  i just cant help it . 

Too many inconsistencies with this book compared to the last four books.. that the editor, SYLVIA, didn't pick up on...such as...

1. They way Gideon acted around Monica and Stanton when they spent the weekend together. Yes he probably didn't want to be hugged, but annoyed they were calling by his name instead of his last name???? When he met Victor, he was attentive and present in the conversation. He wanted to make good impression.  Yet with her mom and Stanton, he acted like a brat.  So unlike him from previous books.  "Sylvia had made a point from book  one  that Gideon was always on  his own  ..  he has no family in the real sense  of it.  In one with you .. obviously  the transition of having in laws  was slown and  Gideon doesn't accept affection   .. he was always weary. He would preferred to be called "Cross" more  informal  less affectionate. but he was trying .. proof was his relationship with Chris vidal.   When he met  Victor  - it was  a man-to-man approach . Gideon knew  how Eva loves  his father and his  opinion matters  to him   Gideon would do everything  to get Victor  approval . Its his mission ,but both guys weren't affectionate to each  other .  They were competitive  to  who should protect and take care of Eva."

12 hours ago, shan12 said:

2. He would never had agreed to separate bachelor/ette parties. He couldn't let Eva and Cary go to Vegas without flying with him.  And Gideon showed up in San Diego (Captivated by You).  So sending her to another continent is so out of character for him. "This would best explained if you re read the  part Arnoldo told Gideon  . Its is  not Gideons' character  but that was the progress happened  because  Gideon learned to give up this controlling part of him. He cannot pulled Eva to his solitude  and just keeping  her on his own.  Eva would not be happy and he doesnt want her to resent him . RE: Vegas trip .. it was the time Nathan barker had showed  up that's why Gideon  was very protective of her.   "

3. The photo that went viral of him in his VIP lounge...as per my previous posts..those acts never would have happened in a public place. Too risky .  F#$% pad only. "Does VIP room actually private room ..Im getting confused with this  calling  "public"   "

4. The scene in his office in front of Arash then Scott and other employees...so out of character for both. " To me it just showed thy they were already comfortable with their relationship  .. They cant be the same character from book 1-4 or else there no character development at all "

5. The way he spoke to her after they returned from Rio.  He told her to stop nagging? WHAT??? He never spoke to her like that even if he was joking.  And calling her a grumpy angel. Never heard him speak like that...thru 4 books...never!!!!  I know it's not horrible or abusive...just isn't the way he speaks to her...especially after that photo of him had just been released. He be attentive and careful.  So unlike him. And she wanted to F$%k him in his suit , cause she says she had never done that before??? OH YEAH SHE DID. In her room in the book Entwined with You. (i'm too mentally drained to look for exact spot so if i'm wrong let me know...lol) I'm sure it was the morning after their first night together since their "break up". " this seems to me a  funny , sarcastic banter  between  husband and wife.  I found it really endearing though"  

6. She gives him the dog.. a gift from his Angel.. and yes, I get he wasn't thrilled to have a puppy, but to hear him worry about his "priceless rugs"...... I feel not a Gideon thing to say. In Entwined to You he wasn't worried about her scratching his Ashton Martin....a very exspensive car, but rugs... really??? " That's Gideon dry rumor  .. It was a change .. if he really was  concerned about the carpet  I guess he would just keep the dog  in one place and  not running around .. but the dog has  beds everywhere ,, even a fake grass "

7. To make the decision to have her dad be her body guard??? I love my Dad, but to have in involved in my day to day dealings and then witness intimacies between me and my husband on a daily basis...no thank you.  He made decisions for her that ultimately will cause him trouble down the road.  "Gideon warned Victor about the intimacy though  . I dont think Victor would meddle with Eva and Gideon intimacy.. they were  husband and wife , hot for each other always.  as far as I can remember he thought of it  . But before that he really wants to hire another security  for Eva  . I guess what happened to Monica sealed that decision  and Victor  being there  gave him the idea but did not really brought  it up until Victor  said it"

8. In the epilogue, he tells her something about finding a job (not sure exact wordage as only read the book once) because he doesn't want to hold her back...that was a cough out.  Give us something substantial...they broke up for a bit over him wanting her to leave her job...I didn't want a small blurb about it in epilogue...and yes I know she MAY work with the foundation but not definite.  And really wasn't it just an offer to show up to functions that Gideon couldn't attend?? No office, no workplace comradely. No friends to lunch with. He setting himself up for a very unhappy Eva soon. "Gideon was involving  Eva  on his work  . I think it is a  progress and  Eva has friends  ..I mean how many times  did she have lunch with Steven and Mark..  Eva knew it too that she needs to find a job that would fit her and  she has  so many opportunities in Crossfire  not just foundation. Gideon asked her to head the Crisis  management too  in Cross Industries"

9. The way it ended left me thinking that this couple still have a lot of issues to work on cause Gideon definitely getting the upper hand and Eva just along for the ride. (exactly what she didn't want to do...or be).  She's his arm candy now. She losing herself in him....just what she was afraid of. "I completely disagree with you though .   They were a solid couple already  . Listening to each other and involving each other  to every decision. This was the crux  of this story. and Gideon would never let Eva  lose  herself and Eva was happy  at the end of the story " 

10. He's a young, hot business man worth 12 billion. Where is his entourage of security? Angus? Rauol?  That's it? Never heard him mention plain clothed security detail till this book.  Why not have that on Eva when Nathan was a threat? But to only have three guys?? I bet the writers of the T.V. series will have more security on them both, to make it more realistic.  "Gideon, Raul and Angus worked  in secret  . Eva doesn't know  about Nathan showed again. Her secret  is  very delicate  . No one should know to protect Eva.  or else  his plan of killing Nathan would be jeopardize"

11. Stanton all alone.  No one thought to check on him.  Get in touch with Clancy to make sure heisok. (since Stanton wasn't answering the phone). My God.. the way he protected Eva's history and paid for her apartment, and the way he loved her mom.  They ignore him? Leave to deal with this alone (perhaps Martin is there)."didn't Gideon mentioned during  the  funeral that Stanton recoiled when he saw Eva and Gideon said its hard to  watch Eva and Cary trying to comfort Stanton and that he hoped  when they come back from honeymoon that Stanton  would be able to look at Eva  without reminding  him of Monica.So maybe  , Stanton shied away from Eva " 

12. The Victor and Monica love story ... how everything she did, she did for love ?  Well why didn't she go back to the love of her life after she divorced Nathan's dad.  She would have had lots of money. "This was my take on this .. Monica came from nothing ,  her sister had a traumatic experience with people from money  ,  she was abused physically to some extent  , Eva  got abused  but  money  sealed  that traumatic experience for Eva  .. Nathan is still around  ..  so she needs  the power and money to  keep Eva  safe. I think most importantly its the power of wealthy rich men.. to pull strings  like what Stanton pulled off . Like what Gideon can pulled off .  As far as I can remember  she  only got few millions from Nathan's father so I dont think that's enough plus the  medical care her sister needs.. 

Before OWY: Gideon was very private person (before Eva) and he was very possessive.... In OWY book, Gideon is only protective....

Before OWY: Gideon was always in control with women -even drunk...before Eva

Ohhh .........he didn't enjoy sex with other people around......

that's what we believed until now

where is logic in that?

Just to clarify a couple of things regarding VIP rooms and how they work (in the UK at least). Occasionally they are rented out / reserved for private parties, however most of the time they are simply an exclusive room or area of a club reserved for visiting VIPs. When they aren't reserved the staff decide who gets in depending on who's at the club that night - whether any celebrities are there / who's spending highly/ who's best dressed etc... 

We know that Gideon spent Cinco de Mayo clubbing with his friends, so it stands to reason that they were also present in the VIP section. In fact, the presence of the photographer who took that photo indicates that the VIP area was not reserved specifically for Gideon and his friends that night and therefore a number of strangers were present, and the area was not private. 

Finally I just found a quote from Captivated by You which confirms my belief that these actions were totally out of character with Gideon's persona... 

I knew my angel well. Indulging her closet exhibitionism was a complete 360 turnaround for me, and although it still amazed me when I thought about it, I didn't mind in the least. 

A complete 360 turnaround for him!!! This part frustrated me greatly especially because it was just so unnecessary!! 

9 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Just to clarify a couple of things regarding VIP rooms and how they work (in the UK at least). Occasionally they are rented out / reserved for private parties, however most of the time they are simply an exclusive room or area of a club reserved for visiting VIPs. When they aren't reserved the staff decide who gets in depending on who's at the club that night - whether any celebrities are there / who's spending highly/ who's best dressed etc... 

We know that Gideon spent Cinco de Mayo clubbing with his friends, so it stands to reason that they were also present in the VIP section. In fact, the presence of the photographer who took that photo indicates that the VIP area was not reserved specifically for Gideon and his friends that night and therefore a number of strangers were present, and the area was not private. 

Finally I just found a quote from Captivated by You which confirms my belief that these actions were totally out of character with Gideon's persona... 

I knew my angel well. Indulging her closet exhibitionism was a complete 360 turnaround for me, and although it still amazed me when I thought about it, I didn't mind in the least. 

A complete 360 turnaround for him!!! This part frustrated me greatly especially because it was just so unnecessary!! 

I agree.. :(

and when Eva said " I would never share him that way, I was too possessive. And he would never share even a glimpse of me because he was too protective. "

since when Gideon was only too protective and not too possessive ?

The Crossfire series, which I loved - lost its magic for me. ;(

23 hours ago, Stelladeer said:

Would anyone like to hear what Sylvia has to say about the comments on her fan community site (not including amazon or goodreads)?  Would she even consider it?

Its like any other book or TV series that goes on for a while and then they have a final book or final episode.

Look at what happen with Lost and The Soprano's. Didn't see either of them ending they way they did and everyone was upset.

The producers explained but it didn't matter, its what they wanted to do.

I'd love to hear what Sylvia has to say -- I would hope she reads this and humors us a little!

Yes eve, that is the perfect way to describe it!! This series which I have read repeatedly, and agonised over, and theorised here over, dissecting it, pulling it apart and putting it back together. It is something I have greatly enjoyed over the last few years... And it lost its magic! In fact beyond that, OWY stole the magic. I have forced myself to re-read the other books the last day or so desperately trying to reclaim the magic, and it's not really working and I am so very very disappointed!!

On April 6, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Nrock said:

Read everyone's thoughts so far - very much in agreement.  Definitely the biggest problem was the way too convoluted and far fetched background provided for poor Monica. Could have been resolved in a much more reasonable way. I have to say it was a shock (made me kind of teary, too). If the author had told us that one of the very inner circle was going to be killed, I would have predicted first Stanton then Cary, then possibly Elizabeth. Monica wouldn't have crossed my mind. Well done Sylvia, I guess sniff sniff.   Big question, though. Why wouldn't Victor have known about Monica's background.  He must have been around the same area if he got her pregnant when she was married to Tramell.  Also the idea of her marrying her sister's rapist to provide care???  And if Victor knew, why did he let Eva think Monica was a sort of self-centered gold digger? Oh, well, it's not my book. 

One other area I hope someone can clarify for me because it has been quite a while since I read the earlier books - that is do we know if Anne Lucas ever knew the truth about what Hugh had done - given that he prepared a false narrative history that Anne had on the thumb drive.  Did she know (we're we ever told) that Gideon's threats precipitated Hugh's suicide?  Obviously her husband knew since he examined Gideon, but did she act the way she did just out of rage for his treatment of her?  Also I doubt whether the tapes of her sessions with Hall would ever have been admissible in a case against her, unless the rules for a civil or malpractice suit are different. But I certainly am no expert in that area. 

I have many other questions I hope other people will be addressing or explaining. Not just to be complaining or criticizing, but because we have all been so invested in the series and particular characters.  So even if we have some criticisms or arguments, kudos to Day for creating such a vivid and engrossing world with so many memorable characters and personalities.  I will miss Angus, Ireland, Clancy, Arash, Monica, and Raul in particular.  And of course Eva and Gideon. 

I agree with your comment, Monica's back story came out of the blue, the time line, the hidden secrets were a little too much to believe.  Yup, I'd like to know more about Anne/Hugh/and Anne's husband.  It just seems that someone knew way more that is written.  And - I ws hoping that Arnoldo and Steven's sister hooked up!

On April 6, 2016 at 11:18 AM, eve said:

I couldn't agree more sscrph, but readers have the right to say whatever they want about a book too. Maybe not here?

I'm ok with that too.

Isn't that what this is all about, we can say what we are feeling about the book?  Yikes!

I've read a few places there is a TV show being produced - any idea if this will happen? Or the time line to watch for this?

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

Thanks Rogue that was exactly the passage I was thinking of and unfortunately proves that  the photo in question debacle is definitely one of those parts of the book that just don't make sense...boo-boo by the editors. ???????? 

4 minutes ago, Sandra_1705 said:

Sylvia just said on Twitter, that she will write a book for Ireland...Maybe THAT's why we didn't get a conclusion to everything? Because in an Ireland-book, there will be more about the future of Gideon/Eva, Trey, Chris, Christopher...even Gideon's mother?!

Thats the best news I heard all day!!! Ireland is definitely going to be a stunner in her own right but I bet it will be a long time coming...oh well I can wait lol

2 hours ago, Rogue said:

I was thinking if these  guys  were  going out  .. its not out of the  blue  . they planned it because they were all busy  people so they  must have reserved it.   When Gideon reacted  .,, reading between the lines ,, the VIP  room was supposedly  private  so the  photographer was a surprised to him .. so what would be the VIP room like in New York then??? if anyone can answer as I have no clue lol   .. because   your example  in UK is  invalid  (no offense meant )  since it happened in New York.. it must be a different  set up  and before  that Arash has already  mentioned  the Cinco De  Mayo with Gideon being with 2 women  before the bachelors  party  so its not out of the blue .. but reading  back it would play a part  so Sylvia was  dropping hints..  I guess  Sylvia put this situation to test or  validate  the stability  of trust between the Gideon and Eva  .. w/o Brett and Corrine  in the picture .. 

How you explain this: " I knew my angel well. Indulging her closet exhibitionism was a complete 360 turnaround for me, and although it still amazed me when I thought about it, I didn't mind in the least.  "

Gideon was with his friends....and with 2 women...

and supposedly... he was always possessive and private man

and always in control??

You have to see that's completely incoherent??

8 minutes ago, Gcrossfire said:

I was thinking if these  guys  were  going out  .. its not out of the  blue  . they planned it because they were all busy  people so they  must have reserved it.   When Gideon reacted  .,, reading between the lines ,, the VIP  room was supposedly  private  so the  photographer was a surprised to him .. so what would be the VIP room like in New York then??? if anyone can answer as I have no clue lol   .. because   your example  in UK is  invalid  (no offense meant )  since it happened in New York.. it must be a different  set up  and before  that Arash has already  mentioned  the Cinco De  Mayo with Gideon being with 2 women  before the bachelors  party  so its not out of the blue .. but reading  back it would play a part  so Sylvia was  dropping hints..  I guess  Sylvia put this situation to test or  validate  the stability  of trust between the Gideon and Eva  .. w/o Brett and Corrine  in the picture .. 

I realize Sylvia wanted to validate the trust between Gideva but that just wasn't the way it should have been done IMO. I will never agree on this topic because that dual bachelor party was my least favorite part of this book. 

13 minutes ago, Socal said:

I'm thinking that his friends weren't in the Private VIP room when it happened, he could have met them in the club and taken them back to a private room for foreplay 

Gideon is a man who is always in control, in all areas of his life, but especially in sexual scenarios. It does not fit into any part of his persona described in books 1-4 that he would be so lost in a sexual encounter with these women that he would be unaware of someone taking his photograph if there was only supposed to be the 3 of them in the room. 

It was also stated repeatedly that he only ever had sex at the hotel room "fuckpad" and as he rarely had full sex with these women, it stands to reason that he meant these kind of sex acts... 

Im sorry, nothing anyone can say will convince me that this behaviour was inkeeping with Gideon's character. The seperate bachelor / bachelorette parties I can maybe accept but Gideon performing sex acts on random women in semi-public places - just no! Several times he shushes Eva for talking too loudly in public across the series but he performs sex acts where he can be seen. I just don't buy it, he's too cautious of the Cross name and far too private a man especially regarding sex!!! 

clarifying:

“Who’d followed me into a club one night, into a private VIP area, and taken pictures?”

“A U-shaped sectional sofa. Black velvet curtains. A half-dozen bottles of top-shelf liquor on a low table.

A private VIP booth.”

booth - not room....=semi-public

Gideon isn't wonder even how someone take the picture!

INCOHERENT.

True. I agree with everyone else in saying that there are a few inconsistency with this book, Gideon putting himself in the situation definitely being one of them, he just wouldn't be that careless. I think a major part of the photo scandal was to show how Gideon and Eva have grown as a couple, him calling her immediately after finding out, and her trusting him/not running. This scenario contradicts what we know about Gideon and what we heard from his perspective/thoughts. The same thing could have been accomplished simply with a photo of him kissing another women, or something more tame that wasnt as sexual. Like others have mentioned before me I'm not sure how this was missed by the editor.

3 minutes ago, Socal said:

True. I agree with everyone else in saying that there are a few inconsistency with this book, Gideon putting himself in the situation definitely being one of them, he just wouldn't be that careless. I think a major part of the photo scandal was to show how Gideon and Eva have grown as a couple, him calling her immediately after finding out, and her trusting him/not running. The fact that this scenario contradicts what we know about Gideon and what we heard from his perspective/thoughts of only having women in the hotel, kind of takes away. The same thing could have been accomplished simply with a photo of him kissing another women, or something more tame that wasnt as sexual. Like others have mentioned before me I'm not sure how this was missed by the editor.

Yes exactly Socal! I said myself yesterday the point was a valid one it just could have easily been achieved without contradicting essential elements of Gideon's character. 

Here is another quote from Captivated with You that is inconsistent with that photo.

But my angel was a dangerous lover, one who got off on the thrill of being this close to discovery. I would never have known I enjoyed that edge if not for her.

There it is in black & white direct from Gideon' thoughts... How did the editors miss that? 

The further into Captivated I get the more quotes I find and the more frustrated I get...

Still, the apartment would always be a special place to me. I would never forget the way Eva had looked the first time I'd come over. Naked beneath a thigh-length silk robe, her face made up for the night ahead, a diamond anklet winking at me. Teasing me. 

I had lost all rational thought. I'd put my mouth on her, my hands all over her, and my fingers and tongue inside her. I hadn't even thought about getting her to the "fuckpad." I wouldn't have been able to wait, even if I had. She wasn't like any woman who'd come before her. Not just because of who she was, but also because of who I was when I was with her. 

I mean seriously??!