* * One with You -- SPOILER THREAD * *

admin

I've spent the last few days trying to get out of my OWY funk. I've been thinking too. I've read a couple of satisfying books.

I was thinking maybe we would get some of out unanswered questions in the Blacklist Books, but after reading the comments on here about Ireland getting her own book maybe that's when it will happen. The only thing is how many years will that be? We know the Blacklist if coming out in 2017, it's two book that are already written, but I bet we will have to wait over a year before the first book is re leased.  

1 hour ago, shan12 said:

As long as Monica put Victor's name on the birth certificate ,the baby can have the dad's last name.  Eva did add Reyes to her list of last names when she married Gideon.  So Reyes is a legal name she can use so therefore he is on the birth certificate.  Plus I think Victor asked Monica to marry him while she was pregnant and after having Eva.  (he, not knowing she was already married ).

In Texas (I'm guessing that is were Eva was born) babies get their mother's last name at birth. If the parents are unmarried there is additional paper work that has to be filled out by the father to give  the babies last name his. I would assume Victor was not present at Eva's birth and would not have been able to fill out the paper work, even though we know Monica refused to give Eva is last name. 

I still will say The Crossfire Series  is on of my favorite. I will still re-read books 1-4, but I don't think I will ever read book 5 again. I really thought it was going to be my all time favorite, but sadly NO. It will not top The Inside Out Series which I felt ended so well. I actually sent Lisa Renee Jones a message telling such and received a very nice thank you from her.   

On 4/8/2016 at 6:47 PM, Susan W said:

So, I'm a huge fan of the Fifty Shades Fan Fiction - does anyone know of a couple of great Crossfire Fan fiction stories/authors?  I already want more of Gideva!

I also enjoy Fan Fiction, I've read this one it's incomplete, but I liked it. There is something that happens that I didn't like, but I wont spill the beans is you decide to read it. I actually read this before I read the first Crossfire book, reading Fifty Shades Fan Fiction. Enjoy!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8774672/1/50-Shades-of-Crossfire

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

oh, and if you don't want to have to wait for more Grey. There is also a fan fiction from his POV that was written back in 2012 that in my option was better than E L James.

http://christiangrey50shades.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/meet-fifty-shades-continued-previously.html

I'm new to this so forgive me but can you explain what fan fiction is?

2 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

I'm new to this so forgive me but can you explain what fan fiction is?

it's fan's that take the story and make it there own. Sometimes change it up completely. Fifty Shades was originally a fan fiction of  Twilight(I never read those books). Some are good, some not so good.   

4 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

it's fan's that take the story and make it there own. Sometimes change it up completely. Fifty Shades was originally a fan fiction of  Twilight(I never read those books). Some are good, some not so good.   

Thank you for clarifying for me I appreciate it. I might look into what you posted. 

5 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

First I want to congratulate you on spending time with friends, second for voicing my opinion as to reviews I have been trying to think of how I wanted to say things. Third I think I missed something, where in One With You did they mention So Close. I am rereading now and am on Chapter 6 (trying to read slowly to process) As I do not have Facebook I did not see that Sylvia said we would hear more about Gideon and Eva do you know if it is on Twitter?

After the end of One With You there's the first few pages of So Close and mention of Kane being the most eligible bachelor in town as the last most eligible has just eloped (Gideon).  We also have been told that the Blacklist has something to do with a record company.

We've also been told by Sylvia confirming it that we will hear more about Gideon and Eva and I believe we may also hear more about Jax and Gia.  :)  :)  :)

56 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

I've spent the last few days trying to get out of my OWY funk. I've been thinking too. I've read a couple of satisfying books.

I was thinking maybe we would get some of out unanswered questions in the Blacklist Books, but after reading the comments on here about Ireland getting her own book maybe that's when it will happen. The only thing is how many years will that be? We know the Blacklist if coming out in 2017, it's two book that are already written, but I bet we will have to wait over a year before the first book is re leased.  

In Texas (I'm guessing that is were Eva was born) babies get their mother's last name at birth. If the parents are unmarried there is additional paper work that has to be filled out by the father to give  the babies last name his. I would assume Victor was not present at Eva's birth and would not have been able to fill out the paper work, even though we know Monica refused to give Eva is last name. 

I still will say The Crossfire Series  is on of my favorite. I will still re-read books 1-4, but I don't think I will ever read book 5 again. I really thought it was going to be my all time favorite, but sadly NO. It will not top The Inside Out Series which I felt ended so well. I actually sent Lisa Renee Jones a message telling such and received a very nice thank you from her.   

I also enjoy Fan Fiction, I've read this one it's incomplete, but I liked it. There is something that happens that I didn't like, but I wont spill the beans is you decide to read it. I actually read this before I read the first Crossfire book, reading Fifty Shades Fan Fiction. Enjoy!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8774672/1/50-Shades-of-Crossfire

I began reading that fan fiction and I agree, there was something I didn't like which I think was out of character for both of them, but believe the fan fiction was written before Gideon's abuse was known about.

1 hour ago, shan12 said:

I was hoping Gideon would have been a bit tougher on Deanna. He took Eva's advice and offered her a job ..the whole keep your enemies closer thing. But she was behind writing the book of Corrine's. She was at one time hoping to profit from the sale of the sex tape.  (yes I know she informed Gideon about it, hoping to profit more from " getting him" or money from him re: the first to get the wedding pictures).  Would he have his security sweep her apartment and computers for a copy of the tape?  Deanna played Gideon. Why would she tell him about the "tell all book" of Corrine's, knowing at some point he would find out that she is the ghost writer?   Did she just want to see him and toy with him in hopes he would want her? She really is a snake in the grass. Talk about keeping a grudge about an "unfinished....on Gideon's part....one night stand"  Perhaps, as mentioned in other posts, that she was a patient of the Fake Doctor that Anne was portraying. She is unstable. Being a young sexually active woman in New York, why the hate towards Gideon for a one night stand that didn't turn out the way she wanted?  Couldn't have been her first disappointment in the bedroom. AS Eva told her..."way to represent the single modern woman". (Entwined).

She didn't get money for the wedding pictures...one point for Gideon...

She did possibly accept a job with Crossfire...one point Deanna...

Hi it was Arash who  told Gideon about the ghostwriter . Gideon was offering her a job kindly for all the  financial lost . Cancelled contract as a ghostwriter,  sex tape ,  and wedding pictures. Deanna hasn't started writing  the book since Corrine  found out about her and Gideon  .. For me, Gideon was taking the higher ground .  Maybe it would pacify  the hatred Deanna has for him  with this gesture. 

I'm aware that Arash told  Gideon that Deanna was the ghost writer.  Deanna it seems, wasn't going to come clean on that on her own.  (snake).  In his office when Arash told Gideon about Deanna, I felt Gideon was going to punish her rather than give her a job.  It was Eva's suggestion to do so.  Eva wanted to pacify Deanna by giving her a job, but perhaps one far away from them. Yes, in the end Gideon took the high road. But still, I would've liked to see her "get hers", cause she was sneaky.

And in Captivated...I'm sure Deanna told him that the book was being released that following Monday , so how now is it that it isn't even written ??? another fact that is out of order.

Regarding Deanna's job offer, I thought it was kind of a put down of her.  To me it was like showing her she wasn't worth bothering with or getting back at, and the job offer was just a small sop to her complaint of having lost the chance at big bucks. Also, didn't Eva say if she took a job with Crossfire she, Deanna, would have to sign confidentiality agreements and waivers and such? That would have been helpful for G&E, though they would never have been able to trust her. 

Not sure if I remember correctly, but I thought Deanna was just warning about the press release for the book coming out.  Haven't felt like rereading to check. 

51 minutes ago, shan12 said:

And in Captivated...I'm sure Deanna told him that the book was being released that following Monday , so how now is it that it isn't even written ??? another fact that is out of order.

It says "'She's sold a tell-all book about your relationship,' she said redundantly. 'The release officially hits wire Monday morning at nine.'"

6 minutes ago, Sandra_1705 said:

It says "'She's sold a tell-all book about your relationship,' she said redundantly. 'The release officially hits wire Monday morning at nine.'"

It would be the press release that would hit the wire, doubt the book would warrant a rushed release on the Monday with no pre-publicity, even though people might be interested in Gideon's life and the role Corinne played in it, they were only together for something like two years so there would have to be some research done into his life before and after Corinne - this could, of course, be where Deanna intended to include her own bit about Gideon being violent towards women?  The only woman we are aware (I think) he was in any way violent towards is Anne.

I read the paperback in one sitting, and then I moved on to listening to the audio book, which I finished today.

I loved it! One section of in particular brought tears to my eyes when I heard it on the audio book. It's the part in Chapter 6 when Angus plays for Gideon the tape of Eva going after Anne. 

Angus, "She'll stand by you."

Gideon, "If my past goes public? Yes, she will."

Sylvia ended the saga with strong New Eva and still-healing Gideon on their honeymoon, giving us fans each our own opportunity to envision how happily-ever-after unfolds for GidEva. Here are some short-term developments I imagine unfolding upon GidEva's return to New York:

Anne Lucas will be charged in connection with Monica's murder, and as the court case unfolds, Hugh's sordid past will finally come to public light. In a way, he will be prosecuted at long last. Also, the revelations about Terrance Lucas' role in covering up the abuse will finally come out. Gideon's past as a sexually-abused child will cause most people to admire him for what how he overcame adversity and turned his private pain into a desire to help abuse victims via charities.

Corrine won't publish her book. The revelations about Anne and Hugh will make her finally understand why Gideon wouldn't -- couldn't -- marry her all those years ago. She will at long last throw in the towel.

I think I can finally trust Detective Graves to make sure Gideon is never prosecuted for Nathan's death.

I think Deanna won't take the job, because she'll be too spiteful about the face Eva had been the person who suggested Cross Industries hire her. I think Deanna will instead opt to make money writing free-lance stories about Gideon as the Lucas scandal unfolds. Eva will be more than her match in Team GidEva crisis management as Deanna's stories run, and so even though Deanna will probably get paid big bucks by tabloid media, Eva will win the war.

The revelations about the Lucases will start the process that heals the rift between Gideon and his half-brother, Christopher.

Elizabeth will continue to stick her head in the sand, but hey -- Gideon's already made his peace with the fact his mother is self-centered and weak, so he's now past caring how she responds to the news coverage.

Oh, and I think that Arnoldo and Shawna will end up together.

P.S. I think Gideon's dream in which his father wishes for a grandson and a grand-daughter has a shade of precognition to it: several years down the road, Gideon and Eva will have two children. A girl they'll name Lauren in honor of Eva's late mother. A boy they'll name Gideon Geoffrey Cross Jr.

2 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

D500 I have been reading the fan fiction and I have to say I don't like it and didn't finish reading it.  I absolutely love Gideon and Eva together and Christian and Ana together and that was ruining it for me.

I can understand fans wanting to write what they think might happen with book characters, but not in this way, bringing two sets of characters into one story, and the bit they wrote about Christian and Gideon together was not necessary.

That said I follow some role playing people on Twitter, there are several Gideon Cross/Eva/Christian/Ana etc.  I've two Gideons, one Ana and Hudson Chase (Ann Marie Walker's Chasing Fire series).  The two Gideons use David Gandy for their avatar and for photos they post, and Ann Marie based Hudson on David Gandy - the Hudson and one of the Gideons chat a lot and pretend to have meet ups and talk about being 'twin trouble' a lot, quite amusing.  One of the Gideon's is particularly good, I believe it is a male behind the character and he is reading One With You so he is up to speed with the character.  I think I prefer the role players to the fan fiction.

13 minutes ago, D500 said:

I can understand fans wanting to write what they think might happen with book characters, but not in this way, bringing two sets of characters into one story, and the bit they wrote about Christian and Gideon together was not necessary.

That said I follow some role playing people on Twitter, there are several Gideon Cross/Eva/Christian/Ana etc.  I've two Gideons, one Ana and Hudson Chase (Ann Marie Walker's Chasing Fire series).  The two Gideons use David Gandy for their avatar and for photos they post, and Ann Marie based Hudson on David Gandy - the Hudson and one of the Gideons chat a lot and pretend to have meet ups and talk about being 'twin trouble' a lot, quite amusing.  One of the Gideon's is particularly good, I believe it is a male behind the character and he is reading One With You so he is up to speed with the character.  I think I prefer the role players to the fan fiction.

I agree with you I read up to Chapter 8 and then went to the end where Gideon's mother wanted him to have Taylor and Sawyer killed I mean really that is just not nice right I don't know what happened in between so I don't know how you mean Gideon and Christian were together.

sme I hope you are feeling better as the days go by.

21 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

I agree with you I read up to Chapter 8 and then went to the end where Gideon's mother wanted him to have Taylor and Sawyer killed I mean really that is just not nice right I don't know what happened in between so I don't know how you mean Gideon and Christian were together.

sme I hope you are feeling better as the days go by.

I may be confusing this with another fan fiction about Gideon and Christian - they had the two of them having a one off 'relationship' - n0t my thing and I didn't continue reading after that.

1 minute ago, D500 said:

I may be confusing this with another fan fiction about Gideon and Christian - they had the two of them having a one off 'relationship' - n0t my thing and I didn't continue reading after that.

Totally agree that's why I stopped at chapter 8 I thought the last chapter would make it like it was and it didn't so I won't be reading that again. 

Hi all..

New poster, but not new to the forum. I've been reading everyone's views for a long time, and it's great how everyone else thinks and loves this series. It's almost as if it's not fiction eh?! Even my husband asked how Gideon & Eva's HEA went..!

Lighthouse - I totally agree with your post, and love how you think it will turn out!

I love the whole series. There are some little bits that I question, simple things like how did 'Golden' become 'Golden Girl' in OWY?

I felt in CBY that the tone changed, but I tied that in with reading from Gideon's POV, when we were so used to Eva's.

There were a couple of times for tears in OWY. The Angus/Gideon scenes were AMAZING!! And to see Gideon admit that he thinks of him like a Dad, awesome!

The Gideon/Elizabeth scene, wow. That woman is screwed and doesn't deserve any of her children in her life!

When Gideon didn't tell Eva straight away about Monica.. I was actually shaking waiting for a reaction from her, but her shock kinda shocked me. I thought she would of reacted differently, but it shows that she trusts Gideon and the way he knows her.

I like where it went. I'm going to reread slowly, as I still don't 100% understand the Monica/Lauren story. It takes some getting your head around!

But overall I was happy with the book. We were never going to get what a lot of you are asking for, as it was set in 'real-time' as such. There's is no end to life.

Well done Sylvia, I've never read a book series that has had me this gripped or invested in the characters before! :)

Not sure if any of my little notes from yesterday's reading are of help and apologies if any have already been included, I'm still not up to speed on discussions (friends leave on Wednesday so life goes back to normal pace).

In the part where Gideon is talking to Angus when they first discovered about Monica's real name Monica Dieck was scared, 'when she heard Lauren's name she went white as a ghost'

I think someone questioned that Gideon maybe didn't have sufficient security with just having Angus and Raul -and those mentioning the offer to Victor to be security - in Gideon's thoughts was the following:

'My security detail was used to managing only my affairs.  Now I had Eva in my life, which effectively doubled their duties.  Angus and Raul were accustomed to rotating shifts, but lately they were both working nearly round the clock.  They had standing orders to hire whatever support they required, but what we needed was another security chief - maybe two.  Experts whose sole charge would be Eva and whom I could trust as implicitly as I did my existing team.'

The seeds are sowed for Victor coming on board.

In the same chapter Gideon dreams he is standing, as an adult, alongside his father looking up at the Crossfire building and in his thoughts is something that I can't grasp - not sure if this is important or if something occurred later that answers my question:

'We're the same height and that startles me for a moment.  Why does that surprise me? The answer hovers in the back of my mind, but I can't grasp it'  -anyone have a clue what the answer hovering in his mind might be?

16 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I read the paperback in one sitting, and then I moved on to listening to the audio book, which I finished today.

I loved it! One section of in particular brought tears to my eyes when I heard it on the audio book. It's the part in Chapter 6 when Angus plays for Gideon the tape of Eva going after Anne. 

Angus, "She'll stand by you."

Gideon, "If my past goes public? Yes, she will."

Sylvia ended the saga with strong New Eva and still-healing Gideon on their honeymoon, giving us fans each our own opportunity to envision how happily-ever-after unfolds for GidEva. Here are some short-term developments I imagine unfolding upon GidEva's return to New York:

Anne Lucas will be charged in connection with Monica's murder, and as the court case unfolds, Hugh's sordid past will finally come to public light. In a way, he will be prosecuted at long last. Also, the revelations about Terrance Lucas' role in covering up the abuse will finally come out. Gideon's past as a sexually-abused child will cause most people to admire him for what how he overcame adversity and turned his private pain into a desire to help abuse victims via charities.

Corrine won't publish her book. The revelations about Anne and Hugh will make her finally understand why Gideon wouldn't -- couldn't -- marry her all those years ago. She will at long last throw in the towel.

I think I can finally trust Detective Graves to make sure Gideon is never prosecuted for Nathan's death.

I think Deanna won't take the job, because she'll be too spiteful about the face Eva had been the person who suggested Cross Industries hire her. I think Deanna will instead opt to make money writing free-lance stories about Gideon as the Lucas scandal unfolds. Eva will be more than her match in Team GidEva crisis management as Deanna's stories run, and so even though Deanna will probably get paid big bucks by tabloid media, Eva will win the war.

The revelations about the Lucases will start the process that heals the rift between Gideon and his half-brother, Christopher.

Elizabeth will continue to stick her head in the sand, but hey -- Gideon's already made his peace with the fact his mother is self-centered and weak, so he's now past caring how she responds to the news coverage.

Oh, and I think that Arnoldo and Shawna will end up together.

P.S. I think Gideon's dream in which his father wishes for a grandson and a grand-daughter has a shade of precognition to it: several years down the road, Gideon and Eva will have two children. A girl they'll name Lauren in honor of Eva's late mother. A boy they'll name Gideon Geoffrey Cross Jr.

Agree to  all of this . But I would love Elizabeth to see Dr. Petersen .. I think she really needed the help  upon the suggestion of Gideon and their  family with Chris would start  healing too ..  But Shawna has  a BF you're breaking them  up  , I would go for Arnoldo and Megumi  and Corrine would go back in France with Giroux after she personally apologize  to Gideon and Eva  after she found out  that Anne Lucas posing  psychiatrist in a pseudo  name used her . Oh and she would  file a case against Anne Lucas  too..    I would hope for Victor to not  accept the job from Gideon  instead wold work with Graves  ..(if Graves is not married  .. well they could be together  ).

I dont think Gideons' sexual abuse would be known in public even if Anne  got prosecuted because Hugh did not mentioned those in his notes .. (or I have to reread that part) because Gideon said HUgh lied on everything  about his  session with him  . But even if it goes public . Gideon would have the public sympathy though and he would have the respect of everyone .  

Edited by Gcrossfire
additional opinion

Well, I too am upset this series is over. I've never been pulled into a book or characters like this before. And I love Lucky now! Angus even more...and Chris Sr. ^_^ All the build up and planning for the wedding...and nothing...we get tragedy and more confusion instead. 

I'm sure I'm a minority here, but I did not like FSOG...so to read this after reading that....it was like 'Yes! This is a well written book w/ characters I'd like to read about!'. I'll be happy if this series continues on and on. But maybe with surprise releases and not release dates b/c those don't seem to work well w/ Sylvia for some reason lol.

I don't mind making conclusions up in my head....I just thought it was odd to throw so much drama and characters in such a short space of time and not have an actual conclusion to much of it.

I will read the Blacklist series when both are released. Hopefully it'll be soon as she's been talking about them since last year :)

Slightly off topic- Looking forward to Me Before You movie releasing in June...that book was so great!

I like reading everyone's opinions on here! It's nice that we can discuss with out being rude to each other as I've seen on her FB page. Some people were posting the whole story line, giving away major spoilers under the post that Sylvia asked they DO NOT give  away spoilers! So rude...smh...

I liked Fifty Shades but didn't like the bdsm aspect of it, my sister borrowed the books and insisted Christian was grooming Ana which I didn't think was the case, but sister reckoned if someone was going to be as interested in sex as Ana proved to be she would surely not have still been a virgin?????  The base storyline was fine, and the writing okay but I prefer Sylvia's writing and her depth of characterisation, particularly as the basis of two abuse sufferers and their road to recovery was interesting and needed some research.

Those posting on both Sylvia's page and other review sites are downright rude in many ways, they give away a lot of the story line and therefore some are saying they may not even bother reading the book.  A lot of them are using pretty similar words, I wonder if somewhere there is a website where they get together and plan a mass review with low ratings, using similar words just because they are annoyed there are five books instead of three and they had to wait a total of four years to read all five books.  I am aware of one discussion section on Good Reads where the members have been slating Sylvia since CBY came out, and had pre-judged OWY before reading it.  Only a couple of their members picked up the subtle nuances of CBY, neither of those have returned to discuss OWY on there.

If you speed read the books you are likely to miss things - I know my first read was pretty fast and I accepted I wouldn't pick everything up and would need to re-read immediately.  None of those spoiler reviews have added anything to what happened in the book, just churned over the same thing such as we need to know about Cary and the baby, if Gideon and Eva have children etc. and as some on here (and thankfully some reviewers) have pointed out we don't need to know that at this point, we just needed to know that G&E had come through and were working together, living together, that they had a future together. 

When people first began pointing out the 'unfinished' points I did wonder if maybe all the fans clamouring for more would mean Sylvia might have intended that to happen so she could write a sixth book, but I think the possible idea of characters being in other books or mentioned in them was a good way to have a new story line but finalise some of the things we'd like to know about.

Maybe Sylvia wanted the ending of the books to be different to how other authors tend to end, perhaps it's to do with the tv series and the producers wanted something heavy at the end of the story?  As has been said, it's Sylvia's book, she can write what she likes how she likes.  But I do think it is very poor of her readers to write such vitriolic comments on her own page - example:

"700 hundred books ive read! And of all of them Cross series was my favourite. the first 3 books was! Then you go write crap! In book 4 then destroyed the whole story in 5th book. Waited two fecking years for a book full of unanswered stories and no thought for Eva when her mom die? You just want to finish the book and be done! Well Sylvia Day im now done with you and anything else you write from now on.. hope THE MONEY is worth loosing your Fams for!.."

Fine don't like the book, and no problem with this person telling the author they didn't like it, but there's no need to be as rude as this.  The book is not 'crap' at all, just because you can't be bothered to read it properly and try and understand what is going on and all the hints within the text, that doesn't mean the book is wrong.  A lot of the stories are actually answered as far as they can be within the time limits of what these books are about, and although it would be nice to know about Cary's baby etc. etc. they don't impact on Gideon and Eva's own happiness which is what this book was about.  And what is with the  'no thought for Eva when her mom die?' (repeating the person's appalling grammar there is killing me).  Gideon gave full consideration to why he could not tell Eva after it happened (and we may be right that he saw his father's body and did not want Eva to see her mother's).  He told her the next morning and yes, she did not say much but shock can do that.  Plus of course we heard that side from Gideon's POV so we only heard what he noticed was happening, if the chapter had been written from Eva's POV we may have gained different information about how people inter-acted and the funeral.  Eva looked like Monica, how hard was it for Richard Stanton to be with Eva for the funeral, seeing someone so like the woman he loved?  (I've not re-read the end of the book yet, literally just finished the chapter where Monica is shot so I'm writing from memory of my 'speed read' and things others may have commented on).

I still see reviewers claiming that there are 5 books because of money grasping - she didn't need to extend this series to 5 books to do that, she could just have written other books of a similar genre as they would have sold because people had loved the Crossfire books and would have gone on to buy them.  Look at how many bought ELJ's Grey - and then criticised because it was the same story as the first 50 Shades book even down to repeating the dialogue - but of course that is what the book would be, ELJ was putting over Christian's POV so any scene with Ana would mean the original dialogue would be the same - but there would be Christian's thoughts as to what was happening, and more about what he was doing when he was not with Ana.

With Crossfire we got alternating POV's, I actually would like to read some scenes from the opposite POV - it was interesting to read those two pieces posted on the web site about the scene in Gideon's office with Corinne - interesting seeing the same event from both of them.

Hi D500 as I mentioned earlier I think the Crossfire series is Sylvia's masterpiece and that can be said because the supporting characters were so interesting in addition to Gideva being such a delicious couple. Ten books could be written in this  series  because we simply adore all of them and want more. To those who say the series was extended for the purpose of financial gain... Well they are obviously not on this blog and would not be welcome.  I hope we do hear about Gideva in some of her upcoming novels but I would really like another book about them down the road. Perhaps 5 years down the road and release on Gideon's birthday which coincidentally is my birthday as well! I can tell you it would be one of my favorite birthday presents ever. :)

I also believe the people marking low stars on reviews are doing so purely because of their need for the tieing up of all the other characters rather than the writing and the storyline. And just seen one person say that Sylvia has strayed too far from the formula for this book - what formula?  Have I missed something?  Are writers supposed to slavishly follow a formula so every book is pretty much the same?  Is that why people were complaining at there being 5 books - are all authors meant to write a trilogy and set the story out in the same way?  Does every story have to end up with the two main leads having a baby, with all their friends settled with one another?  An epilogue seems to be something that is essential and HAS to be set some time in the future, but I quite liked the fact that the epilogue here was at long last Gideon and Eva on their honeymoon, spending a considerable time on their own together rather than having friends and business in the background.  Does there even have to be an epilogue?  I'm sure some books I've read have not had any.

There's also been a few comments about the price, in the UK the book was £4.99 for the e-book and if ordered from Amazon, the paperback was £3.99 (and Waterstones sold it at half price in store).  I don't know how much it was in the US but I pay some authors 99p each for four instalments of a novel and have to wait some time for the next part to appear so £4.99 isn't a bad price.  We pay something like 20% VAT on e-books so although they are often cheaper than the official publication price of a paperback (usually £7.99) paperbacks don't incur VAT.