* * One with You -- SPOILER THREAD * *

admin

8 hours ago, itsmev883 said:

Gideon said that he had a past with the ghostwriter in the interview. 

Good point that it may have been the talk show interview that led Corrine to figure out he'd slept with Deanna, even though Gideon was very careful in the interview to not mention her name nor elaborate what 'past' meant. Maybe Corrine put two and two together just like Eva had: that Deanna physically was exactly the type he used to go for. A part of me still wishes/fantasizes though that it had been Arash who made sure Corrine learned for sure the 'past' involved sex. Arash being both Gideon's lawyer and friend and an important part of Team GidEva.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, sscrph said:

Just finished my third reread and still can not wrap my head around Monica's death. She was such a complicated character with such interesting possibilities in the future. Why give her that storied past and then kill her off...I just don't get it. 

Maybe Sylvia wanted to have the "shock" factor. She knew we would not be expecting Monica to be killed off. A lot of the time books and TV shows kill someone off and people are shocked, but it does happen. She could have killed off any of the main characters (Victor, Cary, Angus, Clancy, Ireland, etc). Over all, with 5 books covering less than 6 months the growth of Gideon and Eva's relationship did grow and I guess that was her main focus in writing this series.

Hello everyone :) I have never posted anything here before, but I have read all the post and checked in regularly. I am a huge fan and have followed the Crossfire series from the beginning . I really loved most of the book. Angus and lucky are awesome ! I was satisfied with a lot of things even if it was still open ended. But when I read a series I truly need some closure or at least no confusion.

What has not given me peace of mind is the famous photo . I hate to say it but it almost makes me feel that in the beginning with Eva it wasn't as life altering as Gideon said. Obviously it's not true because of his love for her. 

I don't know if Sylvia  commented anywhere about everyone's confusion. But I tried to come up with a scenario that gives me peace of mind. I thought that maybe the women were very aggressive and he reacted to being the prey . In his mind he was in a private area  for no one to see . Remember in San Diego when the two woman came at him backstage , he said at a different time he would have turned it around on them and became the predator. I think it might be tied to that. 

I still think it was not a wise thing to do in public given who he is. But it could have also been quick , then he realized and took them to the hotel.  What do you think ? 

Sorry for the late response I should have done this days ago , when the topic was being discussed. If I can clear this little thing up . I could probably move on . Lol :) 

On another note , I want to thank everybody in the forum , for being here to help clear my head for the past couple of years . 

I will truly miss this series. but I am looking forward to Ireland's book ! 

I know it's late , I hope I didn't ramble:) 

So I finished OWY a few days ago but am finally adding to the discussion. I didn't read it fast but rather slow, savoring every bit of it. If I read a part that I was really touched by then I'd back up and read it again  & again so I guess my first read was like a double or triple read through. I had been reading all the posts so nothing was a great shock to me but I think I was delaying getting to the end afraid for it to finally be over. It does leave you a bit empty & lost after 5 books to know you don't have another book to anticipate & speculate over. I would love to keep reading more of them but as Sylvia said she took them as far as she could and left them in a stable place. I'm hoping we get a glimpse of them in Ireland's book if one is written in the future but it's so hard to wait. I hope there are still posts on here to discuss the series even though we don't have a continuation to theorize over. 

I liked the book more than I disliked the last couple chapters if that makes sense. I hated more tragedy in their lives, an addition of another villain (although he was fueled by Anne) and yet more guilt for Gideon to deal with. I would have liked to read the renewal ceremony with her mother supporting her instead of how it turned out.

I loved how Gideon told Elizabeth the truth without mincing words with Eva as his source of strength watching him. I think it was crucial to the story that he did this himself & without Eva's input in the conversation. Elizabeth didn't even realize Eva was behind her.  

Some parts had me laughing out loud. When Gideon was telling Deanna off and she accused him of not being sincere & he said he was sincere - he was sorry that he ever *@!#ed her was hilarious & had her fuming. It was great he offered her the job without any flirting as Eva suggested. Still wonder what Deanna's choice was? She's money hungry & likes the opportunity to look at Gideon so I bet she let her integrity go & took it. Also Eva casually flipping Anne the bird at the dinner was great. As Eva says 'it's a classic'

I really liked his interview on the View type of show. Way to masterfully manipulate the media to his advantage on so many points. He had to do something after the picture scandal. I know it was taken before Eva but geez I hated the description of that scene. I wish it would have been something less exhibitionist & scandalous. (Wouldn't him making out with another woman have been sufficient?)

Loved Lucky, Chris & Angus too. It was touching when Gideon let it slip that he loved Angus too. Angus needed to hear that! It was a bit of an emotional roller-coaster but now I'm just sad it's over. 

7 hours ago, Danielle 1227 said:

Hello everyone :) I have never posted anything here before, but I have read all the post and checked in regularly. I am a huge fan and have followed the Crossfire series from the beginning . I really loved most of the book. Angus and lucky are awesome ! I was satisfied with a lot of things even if it was still open ended. But when I read a series I truly need some closure or at least no confusion.

What has not given me peace of mind is the famous photo . I hate to say it but it almost makes me feel that in the beginning with Eva it wasn't as life altering as Gideon said. Obviously it's not true because of his love for her. 

I don't know if Sylvia  commented anywhere about everyone's confusion. But I tried to come up with a scenario that gives me peace of mind. I thought that maybe the women were very aggressive and he reacted to being the prey . In his mind he was in a private area  for no one to see . Remember in San Diego when the two woman came at him backstage , he said at a different time he would have turned it around on them and became the predator. I think it might be tied to that. 

I still think it was not a wise thing to do in public given who he is. But it could have also been quick , then he realized and took them to the hotel.  What do you think ? 

Sorry for the late response I should have done this days ago , when the topic was being discussed. If I can clear this little thing up . I could probably move on . Lol :) 

On another note , I want to thank everybody in the forum , for being here to help clear my head for the past couple of years . 

I'd forgotten that scene from Captivated, where he commented re the two women.  Shows that you really do have to read these books carefully and remember things as Sylvia does wait a while before returning to some subjects and not always in much detail.  A lot of people felt the Monica storyline came out of the blue yet people on this forum had spotted that there were clues to some back story which may be crucial.

2 hours ago, stacyrich5 said:

How come no one went to Stanton after Monica's death? Who comforted him?

Probably Clancy and  possibly Martin and his side of the family...everyone seemed more concerned about Victor than Stanton... The only word I can use to describe that whole scenario in the book is ODD.   :(

12 hours ago, stacyrich5 said:

How come no one went to Stanton after Monica's death? Who comforted him?

10 hours ago, sscrph said:

Probably Clancy and  possibly Martin and his side of the family...everyone seemed more concerned about Victor than Stanton... The only word I can use to describe that whole scenario in the book is ODD.   :(

Stanton would also have his own circle of friends who would have rallied round.  We don't actually know that Eva did not go to Stanton, some of the after events of the death were written from Gideon's POV and he did text Stanton offering any assistance.  Cary had been with him "Stanton, man ... He aged right in front of me. Like thirty years just ran through him while I was standing there."  Stanton had his voicemail turned on and was not taking calls when Eva and Cary did try to contact him.  Eva was also probably aware that being so like her mother he would find it hard seeing her.

Gideon's first concern was, of course, Eva who had blacked out.  Although we knew she blacked out because of the weight of two men on top of her, he didn't know that and was very worried about her.  He also made the snap decision to let her recover from that black out before telling her the bad news.  She goes into shock when told so imagine what state she would have been in if he had told her as soon as she came round?  Gideon does mention how cold she had become after he told her the news.  Some people do go completely numb and are unable to react with tears when given bad news.  As Chris said "She's numb.  It will hit her, eventually.  For now, she's dealing with it the only way she knows how."  Eva had also begun looking after everyone else, a diversional tactic I guess to help her cope.

As to people being more concerned about Victor - Cary, Gideon and Eva were all aware that Monica and Victor had 'hooked up' and that Monica was the love of Victor's life, plus Gideon felt that Eva needed her father so that may be why.

Just my thoughts, not necessarily correct.  I definitely need to do another re-read but after a gap of reading some other books and come back to this later. 

How is everyone today :) The Monica storyline was shocking but I was expecting something. I didn't expect her to die though. The only thing that is confusing is Gideon. I know we have only had his thoughts for 2 books but I thought sex was complicated for him and a way to get his anger out. But he talks about it like every time he goes to the hotel he gets laid like its happens everyday . I had a different impression , maybe I'm wrong , any thoughts ? 

On April 6, 2016 at 5:03 AM, sme said:

Dear sscrph, 

oh, I am glad I am not alone with my point of view right now! I was hesitant to post my points ... I don´t want to cause any anger here ... but it is like this .. authentic me - but only in this moment. 

I´m lacking sleep also but due to other heavy thing which are talking place right now  in my life! Yeah, I am currently  just rereading the epilogque and  ... and then I have to go to restart .. if I find time for it ...  otherwise I won´t find my peace, I suppose .. 

til then .. sending a smile to you, hope you have soon time to get enough sleep! ;)

sme

I agree with you. I thought having Monica die so close to the end was very sad and couldn't shake that feeling  and didn't understand why Monica needed a wealthy husband when he didn't even know about her sister.  Richard is like Gideon in control of everything  he would have known. 

On April 11, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Gcrossfire said:

Agree to  all of this . But I would love Elizabeth to see Dr. Petersen .. I think she really needed the help  upon the suggestion of Gideon and their  family with Chris would start  healing too ..  But Shawna has  a BF you're breaking them  up  , I would go for Arnoldo and Megumi  and Corrine would go back in France with Giroux after she personally apologize  to Gideon and Eva  after she found out  that Anne Lucas posing  psychiatrist in a pseudo  name used her . Oh and she would  file a case against Anne Lucas  too..    I would hope for Victor to not  accept the job from Gideon  instead wold work with Graves  ..(if Graves is not married  .. well they could be together  ).

I dont think Gideons' sexual abuse would be known in public even if Anne  got prosecuted because Hugh did not mentioned those in his notes .. (or I have to reread that part) because Gideon said HUgh lied on everything  about his  session with him  . But even if it goes public . Gideon would have the public sympathy though and he would have the respect of everyone .  

No one mention Cary. Eva and Cary still stay very close. The baby isn't his and him and Trey get back together. He stops sabotaging his relationship and Trey moves in with Cary in Eva and Cary apartment. Cary also becomes the number 1 male model in the world. 

I am having a hard time letting this series go, I need to find something to read now that will make me very  very happy at the end, I am looking for a series that is completed. Anyone have any ideas. I will reread Crossfire probably many many times again. I have read OWY 3 times and I do see closure on a couple of things I think I am just sad that it's over.

sme I hope you are feeling better, I haven't spoken to you in about a week.

D500, jmhope, sscrph and Nathalia I hope all of you are well also. Let me know what series you suggest I would appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

I am having a hard time letting this series go, I need to find something to read now that will make me very  very happy at the end, I am looking for a series that is completed. Anyone have any ideas. I will reread Crossfire probably many many times again. I have read OWY 3 times and I do see closure on a couple of things I think I am just sad that it's over.

sme I hope you are feeling better, I haven't spoken to you in about a week.

D500, jmhope, sscrph and Nathalia I hope all of you are well also. Let me know what series you suggest I would appreciate it.

I enjoyed the Georgian Series. I mentioned Rachel Grant and Toni Anderson in another post. The Calendar Girl series.  Really anything that Sylvia Day writes.  

I miss Gideva too

1 minute ago, jmhope said:

I enjoyed the Georgian Series. I mentioned Rachel Grant and Toni Anderson in another post. The Calendar Girl series.  Really anything that Sylvia Day writes.  

I miss Gideva too

I read the Calendar Girl series and loved it. Is the Georgian Series complete? What did you think about Afterburn and Aftershock? I don't know the other two authors. 

2 hours ago, sme said:

Dear Patricia- Ann, dear all, 

I am absent because of rereading Crossfire from the beginning! Now I am on book 3 but I am loosing interest and will soon switch to the last book of  a YA series, which will be released next week.  I must say for me - from the writing  style alone and the witty banter from Eva and Gideon - book one is for me far the best in this series. But I might be alone with this opinion. 

I do think I am not gonna comment here in the very future  very much! I am afraid but in the moment I don´t have to attribute something new to the overall discussion. Some day I will again reread this series and maybe then we do have hopefully the Ireland book out. Would be interesting to know if this will be a standalone or a series?

Dear Patrica-Ann, 

a great series I read already several times is the Pearl Series from Adrianne Richmonde! It is about a 40 beautiful year woman, divorced and a trauma in her past,   named Pearl, falls  in love with a dominant billionaire, named Alexandre Chevalier,  around the end of twenty and the series is complete. But the author has rereleased this series with having both POV alternating in it and a new title.

But my suggestion and recommendation  is reading the orginal series! It is heart-wrenching, great erotic scenes and great side characters, plays also in N.Y. and in France! The first books are from POV Pearl and then the author decided to add the POV of the male character as a fourth book. And even a fifth book which goes further as book three of this series. This series is at the end and is written in a great style and happy endings. And I do like the mix: younger man - older woman. And the author told already that someday we will have a book from one of the female side characters. 

Here are the titles: 

Book one: Forty Shades of Pearl

Book two: Shadows of Pearl

Book tree: Shimmers of Pearl

Book four: Pearl (Pov male protagonist, covers book 1 to 3 and a little further)

Book five: Belle Pearl (POV male with more story after the happy ending with an even neu happy ending)

I don´t know if this series is avaible on other plattforms than Amazon! As far as I do know she is an independant author and releases everything herself!!! And I always like to support indie authors. 

The author Arianne Richmonde decided to rerelease the book with male and female POV together and the first book is named: Hooked up book 1 etc.!  Well, I have this version - was for free - on my kindle shelf but haven´t read it. The original series has everything you could ask for. Just try it! For me is could easily compete with the Crossfire Series! The author is French and the male protagonist is French and both main protagonist have a very tramatic past but different than Eva&Gideon. 

But you have to decide yourself!

Greetings, 

sme

P.S. I am starting to feeling better! I am on my way up! ;) Have to be patient but I will get there! Thanks for asking! 

I am glad to hear you are feeling better and on your way up. Thank you for the info I will check her out, I'm off from work this week and am looking to continue to read. 

Take care of yourself and I hope to chat with you in the future. ????

5 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

I read the Calendar Girl series and loved it. Is the Georgian Series complete? What did you think about Afterburn and Aftershock? I don't know the other two authors. 

Yes, the Georgian Series is complete.  They are 4 stand alone stories, but some of the characters are featured in each book.  Afterburn/Aftershock was good as are the following:

Spellbound, Seven Years to Sin, Pride and Pleasure, Lucien's Gamble,  The Stranger I Married, All Revved Up, and last but not least the Shadow Stalkers mini-series all Sylvia Day books.  Anderson wrote the Cold Justice series, they are stand alone stories with some characters featured in other Justice titles and Grant wrote the Evidence Series.  You should enjoy them all!!

Laters

I'm a big fan of Raine Miller : THE BLACKSTONE AFFAIR.

There are 4 books in total with spin off books of secondary characters if it interests you.  I'm a picky reader (as you can tell in my previous posts). I have no complaints about this series. 

Book 1.   NAKED

Book 2.  ALL IN

Book 3.  EYES WIDE OPEN

Book 4.  RARE AND PRECIOUS THINGS

11 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

Hi patricia-ann,  I'm very sad that it is over too & definitely having a hard time letting go after so many years of reading this series & this forum. 

On the home page of this forum there is a section 'General Discussions & Introductions' & there is a whole thread about 'Books as good as the Crossfire Series'. I feel most writers can't compare to Sylvia but there are over 400 entries so that might give you some ideas of what to read next from all the past/present members who visit here. 

I've read a couple series from Jodi Ellen Malpas (This Man Series & One Night Series) that are trilogies and are complete with epilogues. Some of the characters have sordid backgrounds but the books still have parts that are hot, witty, emotional & even some funny.

I have stopped reading in the middle of other author's books to read more about Gideon & Eva because I just can't wait to read more about them; but if I'm in the middle of reading one of Sylvia's books then I will not stop until I'm done.

On 4/15/2016 at 11:32 PM, Danielle 1227 said:

Welcome Danielle! You did not ramble at all....I ramble a lot..lol. The photo bothered me too because in BTY when he and Eva kiss for the first time and they get interrupted by Scott...he seems so shocked that it happened, in his office (door closed/windows frosted) and during the day. Meanwhile that photo showed him  with two women out in public. VIP room-yeah, but not really.

On 4/15/2016 at 1:10 AM, Cmas said:

So I finished OWY a few days ago but am finally adding to the discussion. I didn't read it fast but rather slow, savoring every bit of it. If I read a part that I was really touched by then I'd back up and read it again  & again so I guess my first read was like a double or triple read through. I had been reading all the posts so nothing was a great shock to me but I think I was delaying getting to the end afraid for it to finally be over. It does leave you a bit empty & lost after 5 books to know you don't have another book to anticipate & speculate over. I would love to keep reading more of them but as Sylvia said she took them as far as she could and left them in a stable place. I'm hoping we get a glimpse of them in Ireland's book if one is written in the future but it's so hard to wait. I hope there are still posts on here to discuss the series even though we don't have a continuation to theorize over. 

I liked the book more than I disliked the last couple chapters if that makes sense. I hated more tragedy in their lives, an addition of another villain (although he was fueled by Anne) and yet more guilt for Gideon to deal with. I would have liked to read the renewal ceremony with her mother supporting her instead of how it turned out.

I loved how Gideon told Elizabeth the truth without mincing words with Eva as his source of strength watching him. I think it was crucial to the story that he did this himself & without Eva's input in the conversation. Elizabeth didn't even realize Eva was behind her.  

Some parts had me laughing out loud. When Gideon was telling Deanna off and she accused him of not being sincere & he said he was sincere - he was sorry that he ever *@!#ed her was hilarious & had her fuming. It was great he offered her the job without any flirting as Eva suggested. Still wonder what Deanna's choice was? She's money hungry & likes the opportunity to look at Gideon so I bet she let her integrity go & took it. Also Eva casually flipping Anne the bird at the dinner was great. As Eva says 'it's a classic'

I really liked his interview on the View type of show. Way to masterfully manipulate the media to his advantage on so many points. He had to do something after the picture scandal. I know it was taken before Eva but geez I hated the description of that scene. I wish it would have been something less exhibitionist & scandalous. (Wouldn't him making out with another woman have been sufficient?)

Loved Lucky, Chris & Angus too. It was touching when Gideon let it slip that he loved Angus too. Angus needed to hear that! It was a bit of an emotional roller-coaster but now I'm just sad it's over. 

Welcome Cmas! I know, I don't understand the extra guilt for Gideon also. He already has a lifetimes worth. His confrontation with Elizabeth was great...so sad.  I could've done with out the photo and Monica's death. They really annoyed me. But, not my book!

Angus, Chris and Lucky were the highlights in this book. Also, when Eva says "you're everything to me!"....I loved that too.

Btw, Colleen Hoover posted a free book on Wattpad...It's not like anything she's published.