* * One with You -- SPOILER THREAD * *

admin

Ok maybe what happened in the picture wasn't the norm for him. I know nobody but Eva new the reason for the hotel room. Maybe when he was out that night he was being hounded by his friends, they would think nothing of it . I know most of the time you can't convince Gideon to do much. But we don't know what happened that night, we only get a glimpse. 

Im definitely over thinking it, I'm sure. But who knows :) 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what is so upsetting about the picture, is that Gideon said he only had sex (of any kind) in his hotel fuc**ad.  He even took Corine there and stated in OWY he couldn't spend the night at the hamptons with her because of his nightmares and  he couldn't f**k Corine there.  Like how shocked he was with himself in BTY when in his office he kissed Eva and almost got carried away.  He said in my GD office in the middle of the GD day.....In CBY he said he may not rent out Eva's apartment again because it held so many fond memories.  The first time that he couldn't wait to get her to his pad.....he remembered putting his hands and mouth on her ( and he had never done that before).  Through out the series he maintained that personna and to see (imaging) in that photo what he was doing is quite disturbing.  What is truth and what is not?

4 hours ago, Danielle 1227 said:

Ok maybe what happened in the picture wasn't the norm for him. I know nobody but Eva new the reason for the hotel room. Maybe when he was out that night he was being hounded by his friends, they would think nothing of it . I know most of the time you can't convince Gideon to do much. But we don't know what happened that night, we only get a glimpse. 

Im definitely over thinking it, I'm sure. But who knows :) 

In OWY: at first Gideon doesn't know where and when he met girls...so this behaviour wasn't unusual to him...I think that is clear there.

3 hours ago, jmhope said:

what is so upsetting about the picture, is that Gideon said he only had sex (of any kind) in his hotel fuc**ad.  He even took Corine there and stated in OWY he couldn't spend the night at the hamptons with her because of his nightmares and  he couldn't f**k Corine there.  Like how shocked he was with himself in BTY when in his office he kissed Eva and almost got carried away.  He said in my GD office in the middle of the GD day.....In CBY he said he may not rent out Eva's apartment again because it held so many fond memories.  The first time that he couldn't wait to get her to his pad.....he remembered putting his hands and mouth on her ( and he had never done that before).  Through out the series he maintained that personna and to see (imaging) in that photo what he was doing is quite disturbing.  What is truth and what is not?

Yep, that's incoherent thread :)

Maybe he was telling the truth in that he only had actual sex in the f***pad.

"Dr Petersen asked about sexual encounters, Eva" he said flatly, "which isn't necessarily F(&^*** as far as I'm concerned.  I didn't think that distinction would be appreciated when answering the question.  So let me be clear, I took women to the hotel, but I didn't always nail them.  It was the exception when I did."

"I needed the distraction of focusing on someone else, and using my was too much involvement."

Eva then thinks to herself "Sadly I could recalling times when I'd dropped to my knees for a guy just to shut off my brain for a while.  Encounters like those had never been about foreplay or sex."

So were they pretty much doing the same thing - not having penetrative sex but carrying out other sexual acts just to shut their brains down?

Going back to the original scene where Dr Petersen asked if the fact Gideon and Eva had sex "a lot" with Dr Petersen suggesting multiple times daily and then asking if that level of activity was customary for Gideon he responded "twice a week, on average" which made Eva think about just how many that could be. 

eve is right in that the answers (clues) are bound to be in the novels, it's a matter of associating the right pieces and thinking it through.  Perhaps that is why we all got so invested in this series, I for one am not involved on any other writer's forum nor have I felt so involved in a story and its characters as I have with this series.  It's not the type of book I would generally read (although since reading these I have read other authors recommended by those who have read Sylvia's novels and enjoyed them).  But the fact we do have to think deeply and remember what happened in previous books (and thank heavens for e-books and being able to search them) means a lot of those reviewing the last book in particular have not realised this.

D500 - I do agree with you ;) Gideon did have penetrative sex only in f..p.d - but we know that, don't we? :)) I was invested in this series too. There was magic in it - the unhealthy, unreal, but very strong attraction between Eva and Gideon (like addiction), his possessiveness, protectiveness and need for control (all what was in book 1-3, and still in 4th) is this what we really loved. We as readers loved that Gideon have been in love with Eva through his whole life... because all above made this love story special and unique. We loved the idea that he changed for Eva.

That's all what is the most disappointing in OWY.

Now: the Crossfire Series is romance like many others or worse ( I dare say that the Haker Series by Meredith Wild is much better).

Good afternoon ladies :) 

i know this has been discussed to death , but I had a thought that I figured I share. When Gideon goes out with the guys it's a controlled situation. It's probably always one of his clubs . When things happen it's on his terms and his choice . So it's all controlled. When he first kissed Eva it was spontaneous and at work, they were both were carried away. Same thing at the apartment , when he showed up before the Advocacy dinner . She was in a robe and he lost all control. I think what he ment by breaking rules for her was about losing control.  Even though the photo showed more than what we thought would happen. If we really thought about it wasn't about what was happening , but the situation in a whole  . I don't know if I'm making sense. 

I do love Sylvia for being such an awesome author . I have never invested  so much time and emotion on any other series :) 

The reason we are still discussing this photo  is because all of our points are valid and if Sylvia is reading I'm sure we would all love her to answer. Gideon values his control due to the circumstances in his past when he had none. He lost control with Eva because she was different and of course he was different when he was with her.  Why would Gideon have been so careless on Cinco de Mayo with his public image when that was not the case in the past...my next question is how this disturbed individual was able to  gain the location  of Gideon's bachelor party. There were just a handful of people that knew the location in Brazil. I just  think that these 2 scenarios are very improbable.

sscrph

I am not sure I am reading your post correctly.   If you are responding regarding the photo that Hall  (disturbed individual) had taken  that photo was not taken at Gideon's bachelor party in Brazil.  The photo in question (with 2 women) was taken before he met Eva.  It only surfaced at the time of the bachelor party.  Gideon has not been with other women since he met Eva.  

If I am incorrect, please correct my post. 

28 minutes ago, MS MAC said:

sscrph

I am not sure I am reading your post correctly.   If you are responding regarding the photo that Hall  (disturbed individual) had taken  that photo was not taken at Gideon's bachelor party in Brazil.  The photo in question (with 2 women) was taken before he met Eva.  It only surfaced at the time of the bachelor party.  Gideon has not been with other women since he met Eva.  

If I am incorrect, please correct my post. 

I think the point trying to be said was the headlines read Bachelor party in Brazil. How did Hall know where Gideon was?  You know tabloids they 'll print anything 

Yes Ms Mac that is correct...but when Gideon saw the photo for the first time he said and I quote " Who knew I was in Brazil?" and the caption to the photo stated "Gideon Cross's Wild Brazilian Bachelor Party " I find it hard to believe that Anne Lucas could gain access to that info let alone the disturbed individual. That photo was released for the express purpose  of breaking up Gideva. It is just very improbable that those security breaches could occur.

1 hour ago, sscrph said:

Could it be that the red-headed receptionist is the leak lol????

I think I agree with you. I read that her name was Cheryl but it didn't say her last name, I always thought she was related to Anne or Hugh. If it was her because we know Scott would never do that she breached her NDA haha

34 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

I think I agree with you. I read that her name was Cheryl but it didn't say her last name, I always thought she was related to Anne or Hugh. If it was her because we know Scott would never do that she breached her NDA haha

She's in the perfect spot  to eavesdrop right there by  the elevators...and she probably always has her ears open for something about Gideon????

5 hours ago, sscrph said:

Could it be that the red-headed receptionist is the leak lol????

Arnoldo arranged the bachelor party, and he called Scott, Gideon's assistant, to arrange the trip (OWY page 205). So it's possible the red-headed receptionist overheard Scott handling the matter, and she was the leak. I like your theory a lot. I never trusted that receptionist, and I suspect she's somehow related to Anne Lucas. I always thought there was more to the red-hair than just the fact the receptionist wasn't a brunette (Gideon's old fetish) or a blonde (like Eva). Why do the books keep mentioning the red hair? It's a clue, I think.

31 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Arnoldo arranged the bachelor party, and he called Scott, Gideon's assistant, to arrange the trip (OWY page 205). So it's possible the red-headed receptionist overheard Scott handling the matter, and she was the leak. I like your theory a lot. I never trusted that receptionist, and I suspect she's somehow related to Anne Lucas. I always thought there was more to the red-hair than just the fact the receptionist wasn't a brunette (Gideon's old fetish) or a blonde (like Eva). Why do the books keep mentioning the red hair? It's a clue, I think.

At least this theory gives her a purpose to be mentioned as frequently as she has been in all 5 books.

4 hours ago, sscrph said:

At least this theory gives her a purpose to be mentioned as frequently as she has been in all 5 books.

I also suspect the redhead kept letting Corrine in through reception. How else was it that Corrine repeatedly got in uninvited to the waiting area of Gideon's own office?

I'm glad Sylvia did not wrap up every single thread. She left us stuff lots of stuff to theorize about.

On page 206 of OWY, Gideon recalls his hotel room pre-Eva as "... the only place where I took women for sex. It was safe. Impersonal. There was nothing to learn about me there but how I looked nude and how I liked to (insert the f word here) ."

This got me thinking about the photo of him tag-teaming those two women on Cinco de Mayo. I figure he stayed clothed the whole time in the club and in his mind, toying with the women didn't count in his mind as sex. The first time he brought Eva to (insert the Big O word here) was on her living room couch, him staying clothed the entire time, so that erotic activity did not count in his mind as actual sex. And maybe, a few hours later in the limo, one of the reasons he was able to engage in actual intercourse was that he and Eva both stayed fully clothed at the time. Bottom line: until Eva broke through his inhibitions, he sometimes engaged in sexual activity with women (sometimes multiple women) in some places other than the hotel room, but outside of that room, he never went as far as intercourse, and so none of those women counted in his mind. He went 'all the way' with Deanna once and Anne repeatedly in the hotel room itself, and so in his mind, he did have sex with them.

40 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I also suspect the redhead kept letting Corrine in through reception. How else was it that Corrine repeatedly got in uninvited to the waiting area of Gideon's own office?

I'm glad Sylvia did not wrap up every single thread. She left us stuff lots of stuff to theorize about.

On page 206 of OWY, Gideon recalls his hotel room pre-Eva as "... the only place where I took women for sex. It was safe. Impersonal. There was nothing to learn about me there but how I looked nude and how I liked to (insert the f word here) ."

This got me thinking about the photo of him tag-teaming those two women on Cinco de Mayo. I figure he stayed clothed the whole time in the club and in his mind, toying with the women didn't count in his mind as sex. The first time he brought Eva to (insert the Big O word here) was on her living room couch, him staying clothed the entire time, so that erotic activity did not count in his mind as actual sex. And maybe, a few hours later in the limo, one of the reasons he was able to engage in actual intercourse was that he and Eva both stayed fully clothed at the time. Bottom line: until Eva broke through his inhibitions, he sometimes engaged in sexual activity with women (sometimes multiple women) in some places other than the hotel room, but outside of that room, he never went as far as intercourse, and so none of those women counted in his mind. He went 'all the way' with Deanna once and Anne repeatedly in the hotel room itself, and so in his mind, he did have sex with them.

I like how you're thinking. And as I read what you wrote I can say you're right. I can't recall the exact words but it had to do with Dr Peterson asking him about his sex life and how he answered him unless I'm wrong I thought he said he had sex maybe a couple of times a week which in my mind he was referring to the hotel, but I thought he also said he didn't "go all the way" while there. Do you remember this?

1 hour ago, patricia-ann said:

I like how you're thinking. And as I read what you wrote I can say you're right. I can't recall the exact words but it had to do with Dr Peterson asking him about his sex life and how he answered him unless I'm wrong I thought he said he had sex maybe a couple of times a week which in my mind he was referring to the hotel, but I thought he also said he didn't "go all the way" while there. Do you remember this?

He said he had sex on average twice a week ... He said Dr. Peterson asked about "sexual encounters".  He told Eva he didnt always "nail" them and it was unusual when he did. He didn't think Dr. Peterson would appreciate the distinction lol  

1 minute ago, sscrph said:

He said he had sex on average twice a week ... He said Dr. Peterson asked about "sexual encounters".  He told Eva he didnt always "nail" them and it was unusual when he did. He didn't think Dr. Peterson would appreciate the distinction lol  

Yes that's it thank you for refreshing my memory haha maybe it's time for me to reread from BTY! 

I also remember in BTY he told Eva he new a thousand ways to make her . I think he excelled at this because he didn't have a lot of intercourse. I also remember in CBY he said it was always an effort for him to reach an during sex. There's a lot of things that are different with Eva . He also mentioned he used to feel dirty and sick after sex but not with Eva. So maybe there something there. I have to think more . I wish Sylvia did add maybe a paragraph or two just to explain some more about it.  

Good morning Ladies :) 

I'm not getting much time again (some work going on at my house) but the last few points re Gideon's attitude to what constitutes sex is interesting and could be correct.  I'll need to do a bit of a re-read of some parts which I can't do at the moment, but am I right in thinking we have to pick some parts of the story line up from clues Sylvia gives?  If so was the information we got about how he was with Ann a clue that actually he was not always 'nice' in how he behaved towards the women?  He said he was more depraved with her, but he also said something about conquering (not sure if that was the word) some of the women who came on to him.  Would that be done with vanilla sex or something with a little more kink?  He does occasionally hint at wanting to tie Eva up although I thought that might be a metaphorical tie up rather than literal, but we got the clue (?) of the sex swing and the fact Eva worked out he handled tieing her into it so well that he must have some experience?  Perhaps in some cases when he just used toys to ensure the woman had a good time, he was straightforward, and I suspect he had a straightforward sexual relationship with Corrine (other than it always took place in the hotel room) but are the clues there that although he rarely had straightforward sex, he did have something a little more adventurous with some of the women?  But the way he is always 'up' for sex with Eva indicates he's catching up on what he has missed out on.