* * One with You -- SPOILER THREAD * *

admin

Picture of a booth with curtains around the sides and one that can be pulled across the front.  So if this is indicative of the kind of booth Gideon may have been in with the two women, there's no room for anyone else so his friends would not be there, but it is also possible for a photographer to get a photo sneakily by slightly pulling aside the curtain (the occupants would be too absorbed in what they are doing to notice) or from above the curtain.

It's also, of course, possible this took place in one of Gideon's clubs, after it had closed for the evening and the place was empty of other people with the photographer having spotted something was happening and hidden until he could get the photo?

No idea if this could be the scenario and we're not going to know but as we all know he was very private about sex it is probable that the booth was one that could be closed off but even if it were private, other than him being so drunk he was not worried about being in the f**pad it is so unlike the character we've read about. 

tiger_tiger_vip_booths.jpg

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Drunk Gideon is unlike the character we've read about before, too. There is no believable explanation. I would really like to get any explanation from author or editors, because maybe Gideon wasn't private and possessive man or in control with women (before Eva) - maybe he only think about himself that way?? Maybe what we really loved about the Crossfire Series as readers wasn't never there...

1 minute ago, sscrph said:

BThis from OWY..."The world has a tremendous appetite for all things Gideon. He's gorgeous, rich, sexy, and brilliant. People want to know everything about him but he's guarded his privacy to such an EXTREME degree that they know next to nothing...

If Gideon were going to behave like that with women ; he wouldnt be doing it at any club whether he owned it or not. He would have been at the f-pad. Even Monica said as much to Eva that because of those racy photos certain people may not want to do  business with him any longer...

2 hours ago, Rogue said:

The further into Captivated I get the more quotes I find and the more frustrated I get...

Still, the apartment would always be a special place to me. I would never forget the way Eva had looked the first time I'd come over. Naked beneath a thigh-length silk robe, her face made up for the night ahead, a diamond anklet winking at me. Teasing me. 

I had lost all rational thought. I'd put my mouth on her, my hands all over her, and my fingers and tongue inside her. I hadn't even thought about getting her to the "fuckpad." I wouldn't have been able to wait, even if I had. She wasn't like any woman who'd come before her. Not just because of who she was, but also because of who I was when I was with her. 

I mean seriously??! 

Yes, that was the quote I was looking for!  Another way Gideon acting towards those two women and not in private.  Arash said that he tagged two women during Cinco de Mayo, I just figured that Gideon met them wherever they were partying and took them to his fuc*pad, not behaved so badly in a semi-private place....had to be semi-private if Arash saw him with them.

Anyways, I still enjoyed the book, sorry that it is over, I will miss Gideon and Eva, haven't seen the tweet that said that Sylvia would write about Ireland.  Fingers crossed that this happens and that Gideon and Eva are mentioned.

Oh, wasn't too thrilled to learn that Gideon did look for someone to get Eva out of his mind (in BTY when he "found" her at his club and they hung out together for the first time); he was free to do so but was surprised that he actually told Eva about it.  I guess he is trying to be more honest .

Yeah, it's just not something Gideon would do, this has been reinforced through his thoughts and actions several times throughout the series. It's a pretty big thing for editors to overlook, especially since most of us picked up on the mistake on a first read through. But the books been published so it is what it is. The whole Monica dying thing was really the only other thing that  bummed me out. I'm sure there was another way to get the story out without putting Gideon and Eva through more tragedy. I was expecting there to be "dark moment"/ one of the characters being "touch and go for a while"; like there are in most books, but I never expected such an important character dying.  On the bright side I loved how Gideon and Eva interacted in this book, I liked how they came to together as a team, and could joke and just be at ease with one another. It was good to finally see them as "Gideon and Eva Cross". 

I'm probably rambling, but I was thinking that this is a series that could have went on for 10+ books, they could have started production on the T.V series even though the books weren't finished. I think that there are like 8+ books in the Games of Thrones series and it is probably one of the most popular series on HBO, and the books are still super popular even though the author has been stalling on the last book in the series for a while. But that's probably not going to happen.

22 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

I just read that excerpt and I see where he was mentioned. I never read afterburn/aftershock. It is good and are more books suppose to be out or did it stop at the two? The way I'm looking at the Blacklist Series is I probably will wait until all books are released the waiting makes me too anxious so I'm thinking it will be at least two years before there is a second book and then longer if there are more. I can only speak for myself that I prefer to have all book readily available (like the calendar series and fifty shades except for Christians POV which is driving me crazy waiting).

Like I said I am rereading OWY slowly maybe I will feel better don't get me wrong I loved they had a HEA but I'm greedy and wanted more.

I agree with you. I felt Raul should be her bodyguard (if I needed one boy oh boy I would pick him).

Afterburn and Aftershock I enjoyed reading.  Glad that I got them both together.  I felt that the ending of Aftershock was rather rushed, but overall a good read.  Jax and Gia made a cute couple.  Grey is Christian's POV and has been out since June  (his birthday) are you thinking that his POV will be coming out for the rest of the series? That would be nice too

7 minutes ago, Socal said:

Yeah, it's just not something Gideon would do, this has been reinforced through his thoughts and actions several times throughout the series. It's a pretty big thing for editors to overlook, especially since most of us picked up on the mistake on a first read through. But the books been published so it is what it is. The whole Monica dying thing was really the only other thing that  bummed me out. I'm sure there was another way to get the story out without putting Gideon and Eva through more tragedy. I was expecting there to be "dark moment"/ one of the characters being "touch and go for a while"; like there are in most books, but I never expected such an important character dying.  On the bright side I loved how Gideon and Eva interacted in this book, I liked how they came to together as a team, and could joke and just be at ease with one another. It was good to finally see them as "Gideon and Eva Cross". 

I'm probably rambling, but I was thinking that this is a series that could have went on for 10+ books, they could have started production on the T.V series even though the books weren't finished. I think that there are like 8+ books in the Games of Thrones series and it is probably one of the most popular series on HBO, and the books are still super popular even though the author has been stalling on the last book in the series for a while. But that's probably not going to happen.

Outlander is produced on STARZ and they are doing a great job.  Season two starts 4/9/16 based on Diana's second book Dragonfly in Amber can't wait.  There are 8 books so far in this series and #9 will be coming out hopefully next year.  DG has stated that it takes roughly 2-3 years for her to write one of her books (after all they are over a 1,000 pages!)

17 minutes ago, jmhope said:

Afterburn and Aftershock I enjoyed reading.  Glad that I got them both together.  I felt that the ending of Aftershock was rather rushed, but overall a good read.  Jax and Gia made a cute couple.  Grey is Christian's POV and has been out since June  (his birthday) are you thinking that his POV will be coming out for the rest of the series? That would be nice too

Outlander is produced on STARZ and they are doing a great job.  Season two starts 4/9/16 based on Diana's second book Dragonfly in Amber can't wait.  There are 8 books so far in this series and #9 will be coming out hopefully next year.  DG has stated that it takes roughly 2-3 years for her to write one of her books (after all they are over a 1,000 pages!)

I've read Grey and I have read that there are suppose to be the two others from his POV I'm thinking the second will be out this June on his birthday again. Maybe I'll look into Afterburn and Aftershock. 

I think I'm just devastated that OWY is over and that is why I can't explain how I feel. I am really wrapped up in Gideon and Eva's lives (I know it's fictional) they have gotten me thru some depressing times. 

The Crossfire series has been an amazing ride and even though Sylvia writes other excellent novels I think this was her masterpiece. It will be hard to let Gideva go because since I have been reading her books I have been on this blog chatting with great people and waiting for the next book to come.  I agree with Patricia ann these books have gotten me through some depressing times as well. I think I will have to reread at least one Crossfire novel a year just to get a fix from time to time   :)

I posted earlier about my frustration with this book, but here are a few other random thoughts and/ or questions.

Eva always thought that Gideon had a type, you know the tall, leggy, brunettes. It was such a big deal to Eva, I kind of thought that Sylvia would address in Dr. Peterson's therapy sessions.  If you remember in one of Gideon's nightmares he says that the pictures that Hugh brings to put on the back of the toilet were always the same, brunettes with blue eyes and long legs. Well, that was a clue to me that it had been "put" in his head by Hugh. So I think that could have been cleared up for Gideon and Eva.

If you have not read Afterburn/Aftershock(i really liked these books and loved Jax and Gia), Deanna was in this book as well and does some pretty despicable things as well. Actually worse than OWY. So I was ready to believe she was behind so much more than she was. Definitely always out for herself.

Did Terry Lucas know what Anne was up to? I would hope they both get jail time. Would love to know the whole conclusion to what happened there. Did he know about how easily she slept around? I wanted to know what would happen when the told Anne the truth about her brother.

Did anyone tell Victor about Monica's story. At least he would know that she wasn't a self serving gold-digger and maybe would have been with him if not for the money she needed for her sister.

I know most do not like Corinne, but did anyone explain to her about what happened with her so-called therapist. Gideon did say that she wasn't acting like herself at all. Most likely the drugs Anne had her on.

What in the world could have been in the file that Chris talks to Christopher about and he decides that he can give Gideon a chance all of a sudden when nothing has worked before. I'm glad they get the chance, but would really like to know the reasoning behind it. Because if Hugh falsified his records on Gideon, couldn't he have done the same with Christopher.

So many things left hanging out there...oh well. Really haven't wanted to re-read like the others, but I will at some point.

8 hours ago, Socal said:

I think there would have been a HUGE outrage, because originally, there should have been 3, then 5...., but in the End, yeah, there was/is so much going on. Maybe if Sylvia does right a book about Ireland, it is her way to continue the series? 

3 hours ago, Mella said:

Did anyone tell Victor about Monica's story. At least he would know that she wasn't a self serving gold-digger and maybe would have been with him if not for the money she needed for her sister.

I first thought, that it was Victor, who "cleaned up" everything, not Clancy. =)

14 hours ago, sscrph said:

I realize Sylvia wanted to validate the trust between Gideva but that just wasn't the way it should have been done IMO. I will never agree on this topic because that dual bachelor party was my least favorite part of this book. 

we can all agree to disagree  .. :)  

11 hours ago, sscrph said:

If Gideon were going to behave like that with women ; he wouldnt be doing it at any club whether he owned it or not. He would have been at the f-pad. Even Monica said as much to Eva that because of those racy photos certain people may not want to do  business with him any longer...

Another quote from OWY from Gideon's POV - thoughts in his head

Chagrined I looked out the windows at the city I loved.  Only Eva knew about the hotel room I'd kept perpetually reserved - my 'f*** pad' as she'd called it.  Until her it was the only place where I took women for sex.  It was safe.  Impersonal.  There was nothing to learn about me there but how I looked nude and how I liked to f**k.  Leaving New York meant I wouldn't get laid so of course I'd always insisted the guys keep our prowling close to home.

Not got time at the moment to go back to previous books where he said he had more sex with Eva than he had in a longer period with others but admitted to twice? a week with women at the fpad so he really doesn't seem to consider 'foreplay' as sex.  But that still doesn't answer why he was in what is a public place in a compromising position with two women.  All the clues you others have brought into the discussion confirm he was most likely to get up to this kind of activity in the fpad.

6 hours ago, Mella said:

I posted earlier about my frustration with this book, but here are a few other random thoughts and/ or questions.

Eva always thought that Gideon had a type, you know the tall, leggy, brunettes. It was such a big deal to Eva, I kind of thought that Sylvia would address in Dr. Peterson's therapy sessions.  If you remember in one of Gideon's nightmares he says that the pictures that Hugh brings to put on the back of the toilet were always the same, brunettes with blue eyes and long legs. Well, that was a clue to me that it had been "put" in his head by Hugh. So I think that could have been cleared up for Gideon and Eva.

If you have not read Afterburn/Aftershock(i really liked these books and loved Jax and Gia), Deanna was in this book as well and does some pretty despicable things as well. Actually worse than OWY. So I was ready to believe she was behind so much more than she was. Definitely always out for herself.

Did Terry Lucas know what Anne was up to? I would hope they both get jail time. Would love to know the whole conclusion to what happened there. Did he know about how easily she slept around? I wanted to know what would happen when the told Anne the truth about her brother.

I know most do not like Corinne, but did anyone explain to her about what happened with her so-called therapist. Gideon did say that she wasn't acting like herself at all. Most likely the drugs Anne had her on.

What in the world could have been in the file that Chris talks to Christopher about and he decides that he can give Gideon a chance all of a sudden when nothing has worked before. I'm glad they get the chance, but would really like to know the reasoning behind it. Because if Hugh falsified his records on Gideon, couldn't he have done the same with Christopher.

So many things left hanging out there...oh well. Really haven't wanted to re-read like the others, but I will at some point.

Im sure when Chris and Christopher talked Chris would have had to ask his son point  blank if he remembers being molested by Hugh... Christopher would have had to put 2 and 2 together if that were the case don't u think? Gideon's time with Hugh actually saved Christopher from the same fate. :(

I may be missing something!  Could someone put in order what happened to Monica in case I'm wrong!  Her mother left her.  Her twin sister got raped and beaten and drugged by someone named Jackson.  Then she married this Jackson person.  Then she met Victor and got pregnant.  Then Jackson  beat her up - and THEN she killed him.  THEN she took the family for a bunch of money to pay for the care of her sister.   WHERE DID THE NAME MONICA COME FROM?  Why was she a debutant for her husbands family - none of this adds up to me.   It takes 5 book to write a few months and this is covered in what - a page and a half?

Seattle, that timeline looks right to me and that part of the whole Monica debacle is what bothers me most. If Victor got Monica pregnant how could he not have known at least some things about her background, including the fact she was married. Or did her sports car just break down while she was away on vacation??? But it couldn't just have been a short fling, or they must have stayed in contact for that girl baby name discussion etc.  Any way I look at it I can't see any way that Victor couldn't have been complicit or at least have condoned and concealed his knowledge from Eva.  And when did the name change happen?  Very muddled I am!

25 minutes ago, Seattle said:

I may be missing something!  Could someone put in order what happened to Monica in case I'm wrong!  Her mother left her.  Her twin sister got raped and beaten and drugged by someone named Jackson.  Then she married this Jackson person.  Then she met Victor and got pregnant.  Then Jackson  beat her up - and THEN she killed him.  THEN she took the family for a bunch of money to pay for the care of her sister.   WHERE DID THE NAME MONICA COME FROM?  Why was she a debutant for her husbands family - none of this adds up to me.   It takes 5 book to write a few months and this is covered in what - a page and a half?

Your timeline is pretty much correct except.....When she left Eva's mother had only the clothes on her back and that Katherine's care was totally on her.  The name Monica was Jackson's sister....(Tramells valued their reputation and the reputation of their debutante daughter Monica.  since Eva's mother never took any credit in that name, Monica Tramell, she was able to "steal"that identy.  I know, this was a very confusing storyline.

Talking about Monica again, did anyone else predict that maybe Monica's deep dark secret was that, to support her baby (and perhaps scout for a rich husband), she was involved in some kind of upscale escort service in Las Vegas?  I know she married Barker first, but maybe that's also how she first came into contact with the "whale" husband.  Monica sounds unforgettable enough that all the men in her life were willing to take her any way they could get her.  

Our long wait for the book gave me lots of time for predictions; can't say that any of the big ones came to pass (see above) but it was fun.  Anyone else have any failures to share?

I thought the idea of a high clsss madame in Vegas was a great prediction and I would have went with that one!! I think Sylvia's version of Monica's backstory has too many holes in it... The Monica backstory is my most 2nd hated part of OWY except that it vindicated Monica's character as a gold digger. Actually  Monica never would have had to worry about her sisters care if she had stayed with Victor. Im sure his family would have taken  them both under their wing. That  is the biggest irony of all. Although  I think Sylvia was thinking that Monica and Victor both killed for Eva and in that they have an everlasting bond. What do u all think? :)

The Monica backstory requires at least 6 re-reads and then you make a list if questions  you would like to ask Sylvia ... ;)

18 hours ago, D500 said:

Picture of a booth with curtains around the sides and one that can be pulled across the front.  So if this is indicative of the kind of booth Gideon may have been in with the two women, there's no room for anyone else so his friends would not be there, but it is also possible for a photographer to get a photo sneakily by slightly pulling aside the curtain (the occupants would be too absorbed in what they are doing to notice) or from above the curtain.

It's also, of course, possible this took place in one of Gideon's clubs, after it had closed for the evening and the place was empty of other people with the photographer having spotted something was happening and hidden until he could get the photo?

No idea if this could be the scenario and we're not going to know but as we all know he was very private about sex it is probable that the booth was one that could be closed off but even if it were private, other than him being so drunk he was not worried about being in the f**pad it is so unlike the character we've read about. 

tiger_tiger_vip_booths.jpg

YEY VIP room  .. :) thank you  ..  I think  Im so over with this one issue lol .