* * One with You -- SPOILER THREAD * *

Monicas' death was  shocking  and sad but I never thought it as out of placed. In every final installment of series there's always gonna be an  unpleasant twist or collateral damage  . and we all love Monica so it us all . it could  be any of them  Victor , Cary ,  Chris - but none of these characters  were as colorful and as curious and secretive as Monica. We would never asked why Victor do that? He was a simple cop a simple man  .. We knew everything about Cary  .. Chris was a as fine as dandy  .. So out of these characters Monica was the one who we would most asked and it has been in every book ?  Why does she value money so much  .. why was she on edge every time., why does she  wished Eva and Gideon a peaceful life out of the public.. why she opposed Eva so much about going against Corrine on  photo press   and why  she doesn't like Gideon  went on that interview?   Out of all the sub characters she was the one who has most contributions and very involved  on Evas life. Everything that she did was for Evas' welfare and the hidden twin sister.  

I did say it wasn't out of placed because Angus said  to Gideon in OWY that during that time when they're collecting  infos about Eva  - they still have that one guy who they paid to give them an update everytime something about the Tramell  ..  and  Eva was thinking  of getting in touch  with her  grandparents  .  Angus said  that the guy told them that the Tramell couple died and it raised a questioned why Monica did not mentioned it. Gideon has it on his mind , the  mystery of it and wanted to dig further and Angus  have had other  info about it already .   So the Monica backstory was brewing  ..its already taking its place  where it should be  . Monica Stanton was the third act .

It might be as s*** as to say  goodbye to Monica that way but I look at it at different perception. Sylvia Day sent her off  with flying colors  .. with me admiring Monica Stanton . The Brave  woman  .. who suffer in silence ,  who  unselfishly  left the man she truly loves so that she can protect her child and  take care  of her sister . Who must be scared everyday that the  one secret she  hid would be discover and it will break Eva , it will break Stanton , it will break Victor, it will break her. So knowing her backstory  and the way it ends  ..  was how it supposed to be .   

gah I wish Monica was shot  .. was on surgery  .. and was healing and she  will arrange the wedding again for Gideon and Eva  . I wish she wasn't the sacrificial lamb .. but Sylvia was different .  She didn't tell you how to spell  a HAPPY ENDING  ., she  gave you letters to spell HAPPY ENDING  .. and its just so happened we all are different readers with different opinion 

Like me  for an example.. Nipple sucking and fingering  (Jesus I cant believe Im saying this ..)  wasnt an act of sex or  F(&^***  .. but was a very sexual foreplay act  (i dont  even know if i said it right hope someone got what I mean  lol)  so for me  there's no inconsistency  on Gideons' behavior  when to use his pad. 

.  And thats make this forum interesting .. we get to read each others reasoning ..  so thats it for right now  .. 

IM really gonna miss Crossfire .. 

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bit that confused me most about Monica's storyline was that she met Victor before her husband died / was killed and therefore before she stole her sister in law Monica's identity. So did Victor first meet her as Lauren or Monica? Did she lie about her name with him from the outset? 

Also Jackson's death was ruled inconclusive therefore why did she have to steal Monica's identity? She wasn't being accused of anything so why change her name? 

Also if trying to hide her identity why give Eva her name "Lauren Trammell"? Surely it makes far more sense to give Eva the Reyes name. 

1. It covers her tracks better
  2. Victor wanted her to have his name
  3. Why would she fight to give her daughter the name of the man who abused both her and her sister? The man she killed? 
  4. Why not give Eva the Reyes name and drop the Trammell as soon as she remarried? 

It doesn't make any sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

3 hours ago, D500 said:

In response to a Facebook question as to whether we would hear more about Gideon and Eva Sylvia said

YES

which of course was inevitable if there is to be a book about Ireland (or is it that Ireland is in the Blacklist stories?)  As So Close had a snippet in One With You I did suspect there might be more about known characters, even if just mentions that answer questions.

As to reviews, I have no problem with anyone who wrote, as we have on here, that some story lines are not tied up, but some people on various sites really don't know how to phrase things politely and some are almost nasty in their comments.  Haven't they worked out by now that Sylvia writes everything with a reason, she drew Gideon and Eva's initial storyline to a close with them being well and truly together which was the purpose of the Crossfire series.  We've long known characters get mentioned in other books so I think our closure on other side stories from Crossfire will be explained over time.

I'm struggling getting time to read at the moment as a couple of friends have turned up out of the blue and we are out and about so I'm not getting much time to myself (thank heavens they didn't turn up last Monday!) so I'm having a great time shopping, eating and drinking but not able to give my books the quality time they deserve.

sme - get better soon, glad the illness has given you some time to read but it's much nicer reading when we are 100%.

First I want to congratulate you on spending time with friends, second for voicing my opinion as to reviews I have been trying to think of how I wanted to say things. Third I think I missed something, where in One With You did they mention So Close. I am rereading now and am on Chapter 6 (trying to read slowly to process) As I do not have Facebook I did not see that Sylvia said we would hear more about Gideon and Eva do you know if it is on Twitter?

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

The bit that confused me most about Monica's storyline was that she met Victor before her husband died / was killed and therefore before she stole her sister in law Monica's identity. So did Victor first meet her as Lauren or Monica? Did she lie about her name with him from the outset? 

Also Jackson's death was ruled inconclusive therefore why did she have to steal Monica's identity? She wasn't being accused of anything so why change her name? 

Also if trying to hide her identity why give Eva her name "Lauren Trammell"? Surely it makes far more sense to give Eva the Reyes name. 

1. It covers her tracks better
  2. Victor wanted her to have his name
  3. Why would she fight to give her daughter the name of the man who abused both her and her sister? The man she killed? 
  4. Why not give Eva the Reyes name and drop the Trammell as soon as she remarried? 

It doesn't make any sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

But she can't use the Reyes  because she and Victor were not married. Assuming ,  Victor would want to marry her she would have to come clean about her  real name  and her background. I mean  if Victor  found out she was the sister of a gang rape victim and she married the accused rapist  .. the shame and confusion  .. My best guess to why used the Monica Tramell because that name was clean  as the book said  the Tramells ' value their reputation.  ..  she has to give the Tramell to Eva because technically  she was married to him  . 

As long as Monica put Victor's name on the birth certificate ,the baby can have the dad's last name.  Eva did add Reyes to her list of last names when she married Gideon.  So Reyes is a legal name she can use so therefore he is on the birth certificate.  Plus I think Victor asked Monica to marry him while she was pregnant and after having Eva.  (he, not knowing she was already married ).

39 minutes ago, shan12 said:

As long as Monica put Victor's name on the birth certificate ,the baby can have the dad's last name.  Eva did add Reyes to her list of last names when she married Gideon.  So Reyes is a legal name she can use so therefore he is on the birth certificate.  Plus I think Victor asked Monica to marry him while she was pregnant and after having Eva.  (he, not knowing she was already married ).

Yes,  Eva did add  Reyes to her name   but that was after they got married when Gideon asked her.  So if Monica still opted to use Tramell for Eva then its for practicality reason  .. Keeping their lives  away from her past to be discovered .  Re: Victor  - I assumed he was a small time  cop and not really came from a wealthy family . I dont think he had what Monica  wants and needs  .. stability and security  and power that money could provide  on a  long term basis  .  

I was hoping Gideon would have been a bit tougher on Deanna. He took Eva's advice and offered her a job ..the whole keep your enemies closer thing. But she was behind writing the book of Corrine's. She was at one time hoping to profit from the sale of the sex tape.  (yes I know she informed Gideon about it, hoping to profit more from " getting him" or money from him re: the first to get the wedding pictures).  Would he have his security sweep her apartment and computers for a copy of the tape?  Deanna played Gideon. Why would she tell him about the "tell all book" of Corrine's, knowing at some point he would find out that she is the ghost writer?   Did she just want to see him and toy with him in hopes he would want her? She really is a snake in the grass. Talk about keeping a grudge about an "unfinished....on Gideon's part....one night stand"  Perhaps, as mentioned in other posts, that she was a patient of the Fake Doctor that Anne was portraying. She is unstable. Being a young sexually active woman in New York, why the hate towards Gideon for a one night stand that didn't turn out the way she wanted?  Couldn't have been her first disappointment in the bedroom. AS Eva told her..."way to represent the single modern woman". (Entwined).

She didn't get money for the wedding pictures...one point for Gideon...

She did possibly accept a job with Crossfire...one point Deanna...

I've spent the last few days trying to get out of my OWY funk. I've been thinking too. I've read a couple of satisfying books.

I was thinking maybe we would get some of out unanswered questions in the Blacklist Books, but after reading the comments on here about Ireland getting her own book maybe that's when it will happen. The only thing is how many years will that be? We know the Blacklist if coming out in 2017, it's two book that are already written, but I bet we will have to wait over a year before the first book is re leased.  

1 hour ago, shan12 said:

In Texas (I'm guessing that is were Eva was born) babies get their mother's last name at birth. If the parents are unmarried there is additional paper work that has to be filled out by the father to give  the babies last name his. I would assume Victor was not present at Eva's birth and would not have been able to fill out the paper work, even though we know Monica refused to give Eva is last name. 

I still will say The Crossfire Series  is on of my favorite. I will still re-read books 1-4, but I don't think I will ever read book 5 again. I really thought it was going to be my all time favorite, but sadly NO. It will not top The Inside Out Series which I felt ended so well. I actually sent Lisa Renee Jones a message telling such and received a very nice thank you from her.   

On 4/8/2016 at 6:47 PM, Susan W said:

So, I'm a huge fan of the Fifty Shades Fan Fiction - does anyone know of a couple of great Crossfire Fan fiction stories/authors?  I already want more of Gideva!

I also enjoy Fan Fiction, I've read this one it's incomplete, but I liked it. There is something that happens that I didn't like, but I wont spill the beans is you decide to read it. I actually read this before I read the first Crossfire book, reading Fifty Shades Fan Fiction. Enjoy!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8774672/1/50-Shades-of-Crossfire

16 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

oh, and if you don't want to have to wait for more Grey. There is also a fan fiction from his POV that was written back in 2012 that in my option was better than E L James.

http://christiangrey50shades.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/meet-fifty-shades-continued-previously.html

I'm new to this so forgive me but can you explain what fan fiction is?

2 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

I'm new to this so forgive me but can you explain what fan fiction is?

it's fan's that take the story and make it there own. Sometimes change it up completely. Fifty Shades was originally a fan fiction of  Twilight(I never read those books). Some are good, some not so good.   

4 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

it's fan's that take the story and make it there own. Sometimes change it up completely. Fifty Shades was originally a fan fiction of  Twilight(I never read those books). Some are good, some not so good.   

Thank you for clarifying for me I appreciate it. I might look into what you posted. 

5 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

First I want to congratulate you on spending time with friends, second for voicing my opinion as to reviews I have been trying to think of how I wanted to say things. Third I think I missed something, where in One With You did they mention So Close. I am rereading now and am on Chapter 6 (trying to read slowly to process) As I do not have Facebook I did not see that Sylvia said we would hear more about Gideon and Eva do you know if it is on Twitter?

After the end of One With You there's the first few pages of So Close and mention of Kane being the most eligible bachelor in town as the last most eligible has just eloped (Gideon).  We also have been told that the Blacklist has something to do with a record company.

We've also been told by Sylvia confirming it that we will hear more about Gideon and Eva and I believe we may also hear more about Jax and Gia.  :)  :)  :)

56 minutes ago, Lou1974 said:

I've spent the last few days trying to get out of my OWY funk. I've been thinking too. I've read a couple of satisfying books.

I was thinking maybe we would get some of out unanswered questions in the Blacklist Books, but after reading the comments on here about Ireland getting her own book maybe that's when it will happen. The only thing is how many years will that be? We know the Blacklist if coming out in 2017, it's two book that are already written, but I bet we will have to wait over a year before the first book is re leased.  

In Texas (I'm guessing that is were Eva was born) babies get their mother's last name at birth. If the parents are unmarried there is additional paper work that has to be filled out by the father to give  the babies last name his. I would assume Victor was not present at Eva's birth and would not have been able to fill out the paper work, even though we know Monica refused to give Eva is last name. 

I still will say The Crossfire Series  is on of my favorite. I will still re-read books 1-4, but I don't think I will ever read book 5 again. I really thought it was going to be my all time favorite, but sadly NO. It will not top The Inside Out Series which I felt ended so well. I actually sent Lisa Renee Jones a message telling such and received a very nice thank you from her.   

I also enjoy Fan Fiction, I've read this one it's incomplete, but I liked it. There is something that happens that I didn't like, but I wont spill the beans is you decide to read it. I actually read this before I read the first Crossfire book, reading Fifty Shades Fan Fiction. Enjoy!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8774672/1/50-Shades-of-Crossfire

I began reading that fan fiction and I agree, there was something I didn't like which I think was out of character for both of them, but believe the fan fiction was written before Gideon's abuse was known about.

1 hour ago, shan12 said:

I was hoping Gideon would have been a bit tougher on Deanna. He took Eva's advice and offered her a job ..the whole keep your enemies closer thing. But she was behind writing the book of Corrine's. She was at one time hoping to profit from the sale of the sex tape.  (yes I know she informed Gideon about it, hoping to profit more from " getting him" or money from him re: the first to get the wedding pictures).  Would he have his security sweep her apartment and computers for a copy of the tape?  Deanna played Gideon. Why would she tell him about the "tell all book" of Corrine's, knowing at some point he would find out that she is the ghost writer?   Did she just want to see him and toy with him in hopes he would want her? She really is a snake in the grass. Talk about keeping a grudge about an "unfinished....on Gideon's part....one night stand"  Perhaps, as mentioned in other posts, that she was a patient of the Fake Doctor that Anne was portraying. She is unstable. Being a young sexually active woman in New York, why the hate towards Gideon for a one night stand that didn't turn out the way she wanted?  Couldn't have been her first disappointment in the bedroom. AS Eva told her..."way to represent the single modern woman". (Entwined).

She didn't get money for the wedding pictures...one point for Gideon...

She did possibly accept a job with Crossfire...one point Deanna...

Hi it was Arash who  told Gideon about the ghostwriter . Gideon was offering her a job kindly for all the  financial lost . Cancelled contract as a ghostwriter,  sex tape ,  and wedding pictures. Deanna hasn't started writing  the book since Corrine  found out about her and Gideon  .. For me, Gideon was taking the higher ground .  Maybe it would pacify  the hatred Deanna has for him  with this gesture. 

I'm aware that Arash told  Gideon that Deanna was the ghost writer.  Deanna it seems, wasn't going to come clean on that on her own.  (snake).  In his office when Arash told Gideon about Deanna, I felt Gideon was going to punish her rather than give her a job.  It was Eva's suggestion to do so.  Eva wanted to pacify Deanna by giving her a job, but perhaps one far away from them. Yes, in the end Gideon took the high road. But still, I would've liked to see her "get hers", cause she was sneaky.

And in Captivated...I'm sure Deanna told him that the book was being released that following Monday , so how now is it that it isn't even written ??? another fact that is out of order.

Regarding Deanna's job offer, I thought it was kind of a put down of her.  To me it was like showing her she wasn't worth bothering with or getting back at, and the job offer was just a small sop to her complaint of having lost the chance at big bucks. Also, didn't Eva say if she took a job with Crossfire she, Deanna, would have to sign confidentiality agreements and waivers and such? That would have been helpful for G&E, though they would never have been able to trust her. 

Not sure if I remember correctly, but I thought Deanna was just warning about the press release for the book coming out.  Haven't felt like rereading to check. 

51 minutes ago, shan12 said:

And in Captivated...I'm sure Deanna told him that the book was being released that following Monday , so how now is it that it isn't even written ??? another fact that is out of order.

It says "'She's sold a tell-all book about your relationship,' she said redundantly. 'The release officially hits wire Monday morning at nine.'"

6 minutes ago, Sandra_1705 said:

It says "'She's sold a tell-all book about your relationship,' she said redundantly. 'The release officially hits wire Monday morning at nine.'"

It would be the press release that would hit the wire, doubt the book would warrant a rushed release on the Monday with no pre-publicity, even though people might be interested in Gideon's life and the role Corinne played in it, they were only together for something like two years so there would have to be some research done into his life before and after Corinne - this could, of course, be where Deanna intended to include her own bit about Gideon being violent towards women?  The only woman we are aware (I think) he was in any way violent towards is Anne.

I read the paperback in one sitting, and then I moved on to listening to the audio book, which I finished today.

I loved it! One section of in particular brought tears to my eyes when I heard it on the audio book. It's the part in Chapter 6 when Angus plays for Gideon the tape of Eva going after Anne. 

Angus, "She'll stand by you."

Gideon, "If my past goes public? Yes, she will."

Sylvia ended the saga with strong New Eva and still-healing Gideon on their honeymoon, giving us fans each our own opportunity to envision how happily-ever-after unfolds for GidEva. Here are some short-term developments I imagine unfolding upon GidEva's return to New York:

Anne Lucas will be charged in connection with Monica's murder, and as the court case unfolds, Hugh's sordid past will finally come to public light. In a way, he will be prosecuted at long last. Also, the revelations about Terrance Lucas' role in covering up the abuse will finally come out. Gideon's past as a sexually-abused child will cause most people to admire him for what how he overcame adversity and turned his private pain into a desire to help abuse victims via charities.

Corrine won't publish her book. The revelations about Anne and Hugh will make her finally understand why Gideon wouldn't -- couldn't -- marry her all those years ago. She will at long last throw in the towel.

I think I can finally trust Detective Graves to make sure Gideon is never prosecuted for Nathan's death.

I think Deanna won't take the job, because she'll be too spiteful about the face Eva had been the person who suggested Cross Industries hire her. I think Deanna will instead opt to make money writing free-lance stories about Gideon as the Lucas scandal unfolds. Eva will be more than her match in Team GidEva crisis management as Deanna's stories run, and so even though Deanna will probably get paid big bucks by tabloid media, Eva will win the war.

The revelations about the Lucases will start the process that heals the rift between Gideon and his half-brother, Christopher.

Elizabeth will continue to stick her head in the sand, but hey -- Gideon's already made his peace with the fact his mother is self-centered and weak, so he's now past caring how she responds to the news coverage.

Oh, and I think that Arnoldo and Shawna will end up together.

P.S. I think Gideon's dream in which his father wishes for a grandson and a grand-daughter has a shade of precognition to it: several years down the road, Gideon and Eva will have two children. A girl they'll name Lauren in honor of Eva's late mother. A boy they'll name Gideon Geoffrey Cross Jr.

On 9.4.2016 at 11:23 PM, Mella said:

On 10.4.2016 at 5:09 AM, Sharonm745 said:

On 10.4.2016 at 1:34 PM, Gcrossfire said:

sme

2 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

D500 I have been reading the fan fiction and I have to say I don't like it and didn't finish reading it.  I absolutely love Gideon and Eva together and Christian and Ana together and that was ruining it for me.

I can understand fans wanting to write what they think might happen with book characters, but not in this way, bringing two sets of characters into one story, and the bit they wrote about Christian and Gideon together was not necessary.

That said I follow some role playing people on Twitter, there are several Gideon Cross/Eva/Christian/Ana etc.  I've two Gideons, one Ana and Hudson Chase (Ann Marie Walker's Chasing Fire series).  The two Gideons use David Gandy for their avatar and for photos they post, and Ann Marie based Hudson on David Gandy - the Hudson and one of the Gideons chat a lot and pretend to have meet ups and talk about being 'twin trouble' a lot, quite amusing.  One of the Gideon's is particularly good, I believe it is a male behind the character and he is reading One With You so he is up to speed with the character.  I think I prefer the role players to the fan fiction.

13 minutes ago, D500 said:

I can understand fans wanting to write what they think might happen with book characters, but not in this way, bringing two sets of characters into one story, and the bit they wrote about Christian and Gideon together was not necessary.

That said I follow some role playing people on Twitter, there are several Gideon Cross/Eva/Christian/Ana etc.  I've two Gideons, one Ana and Hudson Chase (Ann Marie Walker's Chasing Fire series).  The two Gideons use David Gandy for their avatar and for photos they post, and Ann Marie based Hudson on David Gandy - the Hudson and one of the Gideons chat a lot and pretend to have meet ups and talk about being 'twin trouble' a lot, quite amusing.  One of the Gideon's is particularly good, I believe it is a male behind the character and he is reading One With You so he is up to speed with the character.  I think I prefer the role players to the fan fiction.

I agree with you I read up to Chapter 8 and then went to the end where Gideon's mother wanted him to have Taylor and Sawyer killed I mean really that is just not nice right I don't know what happened in between so I don't know how you mean Gideon and Christian were together.

sme I hope you are feeling better as the days go by.

21 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

I agree with you I read up to Chapter 8 and then went to the end where Gideon's mother wanted him to have Taylor and Sawyer killed I mean really that is just not nice right I don't know what happened in between so I don't know how you mean Gideon and Christian were together.

sme I hope you are feeling better as the days go by.

I may be confusing this with another fan fiction about Gideon and Christian - they had the two of them having a one off 'relationship' - n0t my thing and I didn't continue reading after that.

1 minute ago, D500 said:

I may be confusing this with another fan fiction about Gideon and Christian - they had the two of them having a one off 'relationship' - n0t my thing and I didn't continue reading after that.

Totally agree that's why I stopped at chapter 8 I thought the last chapter would make it like it was and it didn't so I won't be reading that again.