Goals for 2005

Yeah, Sasha, you say that now. Wait until about May and we'll see if you think it was a good thing or more of a will-she-ever-shut-up thing :)

Sylvia - sounds as if you had a lovely holiday and more good publishing news!!!! Congrats on the new request - maybe that will get EC moving on their offer to you :prayer: I had a very nice holiday. Even better, my dh and I are off to Hawaii tomorrow to visit his parents WHO LIVE THERE - do I know how to pick a hubby or what??? 8). I'll check in from there.

Everyone enjoy the last few days of the year and stay safe!

HelenKay

goes along with the not getting impatient about this whole publishing process. Will try and enjoy the writing process. :smt024

*waving Hi to HelenKay* :hello2:

:hello2: waving back Steph! And, your last goal is a good one - impatience, frustration and disappointment are killers in this business. May we all stay positive, on task and get news in 2005.

HelenKay

OK, I think I've finally got all my goals decided upon. Seems like a long list, so it should be interesting to see how I do.

Finish current romantic suspense

Finish first book in para series

Plot the next five books in para series

Submit to more contests

Rewrite rejected ms for ST

Query RS and Para series

Begin plotting and writing second para series

Plot next romantic suspense

Write everyday

Research more short story markets

Lose ten pounds

Eat out less

Challenge myself with more difficult knitting projects

Get out and hike more often

Payoff (or at least significantly reduce) my debt

And now it seems even longer. :shock:

I'm with Teresa -- my list will probably get longer and longer.

1) Get requested full in mail by Jan. 3.

2) Not panic over requested full OR attack the mail carrier on a daily basis. Find something to get my mind off of it.

3) Finish current MS by mid-January.

4) Plot/write three books in 2005.

5) Finish aligning English department to new Georgia Performance Standards.

6) Get back on the treadmill. Shorts and swimsuit season is in three months. Eep!

7) Be a better housekeeper (e.g. put laundry away regularly, vacuum more often, etc.)

8) Give up the addiction to the Big Dawg. Shorts and swimsuit season is in three months. Eep.

9) Stick to budget so house renovations can begin on time.

10) Learn to rollerblade.

Hopefully, that's it . . .

I can't look much beyond the fact that I have a baby due in February. I guess my goals are to continue writing around four children (it should help that I got a laptop for Christmas!), and to get several things published this year. I want to publish at least three things under my own name, and two things under my pen name. I also intend to write another novella targeted to Brava by March or thereabouts and submit it to Kate Duffy. I expect to write nothing but novellas and shorts this year, as babies are not particularly conducive to novel writing, IMHO!

In non-writing goals, I need to lose weight and get back in shape after the baby is born, so I foresee a lot of time spent on my elliptical trainer and exercise bike :) .