Crossfire Forum Fans FanFic

BettyY37

Although there are  foreign publications that have not been released yet, many (maybe most) of sylviaday.net  members and follower have finished all five books in the Crossfire series.  This forum is an opportunity to specifically talk about what we might have chosen to write that is different or support what we think is perfect just like it is.

I like the idea of Victor moving to New York to be close to Eva.  I would have kept Raul in charge of Eva's security and hired Victor to oversee security at my buildings if I were Gideon.  Raul is far more knowledgeable about what has been and is going on.  I would not want to wait for Victor to get up to speed

I like that too.  But do you mean from Bared to You or just One With You?

4 minutes ago, sscrph said:

Why dont we go chapter by chapter ....sounds like a great thread!!

That works for me because the other books have been done chapter by chapter.  Anyone can refer to the previous books if they need to to make a point.  

CHAPTER ONE

I recall Eva feels she may have pushed Gideon to change when she was not willing to do so.  She thanks him for giving her "space" while she worked out her feelings regarding Mark working for Crossfire Industries.  I thought Monica's concern that Eva or Gideon was having an affair was cute and interesting.  Eva telling her mother about the elopement and Stanton easing Monica's concern about a prenup was well done.  I like that Eva asked her mother for help with Corinne. 

K I will start then. I wouldn't change a thing about chapter one . It was a natural progression from their time at the coffee shoppe to the workday. I loved when Eva and her mom went to lunch and Monica told Eva she was much more interesting than she herself was and Eva replied that Gideon also thought she was interesting. I loved when Gideon came into the breakroom at Eva's work and helped her deal with the Victor phonecall...overall a very nice Chapter 1...

6 minutes ago, sscrph said:

K I will start then. I wouldn't change a thing about chapter one . It was a natural progression from their time at the coffee shoppe to the workday. I loved when Eva and her mom went to lunch and Monica told Eva she was much more interesting than she herself was and Eva replied that Gideon also thought she was interesting. I loved when Gideon came into the breakroom at Eva's work and helped her deal with the Victor phonecall...overall a very nice Chapter 1...

I had to go back and review.  I loved chapter one too.  The description of the city waking up around them just as they were restarting their relationship on new terms is excellent.  Monica's reaction to Eva's plan to get more exposure definitely comes across as a woman in fear of exposure so you can't wait to find out what she is afraid of.

I agree with both of you, yes I love how it picked up where CBY had finished with the city rising. Loved that she sent Gideon more flowers and he personally showed up in the break room to thank her and him speaking to Victor. I also feel that it was Monica who did not want exposure. 

I was getting lonely not talking about or reading comments about the Crossfire Series haha thank you BettyY37 for starting this good job!

8 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

I was getting lonely not talking about or reading comments about the Crossfire Series haha thank you BettyY37 for starting this good job!

Me too - I check for new comments on here way more often than I should. This thread is a good idea. Sometimes the members post exactly what I'm thinking so I may not post but am always following along. 

I'll join in on this soon, might have to do a re-read chapter a day so it's fresh in my mind.  I agree that Chapter 1 flowed nicely as a follow up to Captivated.  We still get a lot of both Gideon and Eva's thoughts about how handsome/beautiful they find each other but as the stories are being told pretty much through their thoughts and they are thinking about each other a lot then there will be comments about their looks.  Plus in the first chapter they serve, along with brief reminders about things such as Gideon's nightmares, to remind readers of the story line.  (And this did cause some reviewers to complain but it seems sensible to add reminders when there is a reasonable gap between books).

We probably discussed quite a bit of chapter 1 when Sylvia began releasing parts of it for us to read once the book release was announced.