Afterburn / Aftershock Movie

We've been chatting a little about this in the Afterburn Snippets thread.  I believe the author was hoping it would be released next year.  The company are currently working on Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre which should be out in September, then a Julie Kenner in October, with the final movie for this year being December.  The coming soon then has Afterburn/Aftershock first in the list.

https://www.passionflix.com/

Edited by D500
incorrect spelling of Alessandra

2 hours ago, D500 said:

We've been chatting a little about this in the Afterburn Snippets thread.  I believe the author was hoping it would be released next year.  The company are currently working on Hollywood Dirt by Alexandra Torre which should be out in September, then a Julie Kenner in October, with the final movie for this year being December.  The coming soon then has Afterburn/Aftershock first in the list.

https://www.passionflix.com/

Is this company a real movie production company?  Website talks about streaming on phone laptops 

i personally haven't heard of this company but that doesn't mean anything.  Popping out movies monthly is rather difficult. Thought it took at least a year or more. Wonder if they have casted any parts yet, seeing that it's being released next year.

3 hours ago, D500 said:

I think it's a 'netflix' type of company, possibly streaming through an app?  Just had a look at their Facebook page and they've signed PR people up.

Johann Urb has signed to play Cole in Hollywood Dirt.

https://www.facebook.com/passionflix/

Then it doesn't look promising for me to see this "movie"?  Not on Netflix or anything streaming app

The Hollywood Dirt movie began filming today - link to the author's site for details (admin hope it's okay to post this here, I realise it doesn't relate to Sylvia, but gives information on what Passionflix are doing and our hopes that Afterburn/Aftershock will be filmed and how we will get to see them)

http://www.alessandratorre.com/hollywood-dirt-the-movie/

• 1 month later...

I saw Sylvia's post about Afterburn/Aftershock coming out in November. Passionflix is a streaming company that you can get for $5.99 a month.   Hope she puts detailed instructions on how to sign up, I can afford a month.

They've also signed K Bromberg's Driven series - just hoping there will be a way to see these in the UK at some point as there must be quite a lot of readers here who would love to see their favourite books as movies.

A facebook user asked if the UK would be able to see the films, she believes so but is checking, also thinks they may go out on DVD.  The movie may also be available via Apple TV and Amazon video - she will update via FAQ on her web site so I'll keep an eye on that.

6 hours ago, D500 said:

A facebook user asked if the UK would be able to see the films, she believes so but is checking, also thinks they may go out on DVD.  The movie may also be available via Apple TV and Amazon video - she will update via FAQ on her web site so I'll keep an eye on that.

Hope it does come out in DVD.  I don't have Apple TV or Amazon video and I would hate to have to subscribe to passionflix for more than a month.  Keep me posted please 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 0:13 PM, jmhope said:

Hope it does come out in DVD.  I don't have Apple TV or Amazon video and I would hate to have to subscribe to passionflix for more than a month.  Keep me posted please 

Hi!

It was important to me that my readers could watch just Afterburn/Aftershock without committing to anything else they didn't want and Passionflix assured me that it would be available widely for anyone who wanted to purchase just Jax & Gia's movie.

I haven't fully grasped all the logistics, but Passionflix has licensed streaming rights for their catalog of major studio romance movies only for specific territories. I can't remember if they said US only or North America only. For those who don't want to subscribe or unable to subscribe due to territory restrictions, Passionflix's original programming would be available to watch just by purchasing that one program (movie, series, etc.).

So, if I understand it correctly, you'll be able to purchase just Afterburn/Aftershock via the Passionflix service without subscribing to a monthly commitment. You'll also be able to purchase the movie via the iTunes store or on Amazon and possibly other streaming services we didn't discuss. Eventually, DVD's will be available, too. Once purchase links become available, I'll be sure to list all the ways you can get the movie on the website.

In the meantime, casting calls go out this week. I'll have our Jax & Gia to show you soon!

Sylvia

17 minutes ago, Sylvia Day said:

Hi!

It was important to me that my readers could watch just Afterburn/Aftershock without committing to anything else they didn't want and Passionflix assured me that it would be available widely for anyone who wanted to purchase just Jax & Gia's movie.

I haven't fully grasped all the logistics, but Passionflix has licensed streaming rights for their catalog of major studio romance movies only for specific territories. I can't remember if they said US only or North America only. For those who don't want to subscribe or unable to subscribe due to territory restrictions, Passionflix's original programming would be available to watch just by purchasing that one program (movie, series, etc.).

So, if I understand it correctly, you'll be able to purchase just Afterburn/Aftershock via the Passionflix service without subscribing to a monthly commitment. You'll also be able to purchase the movie via the iTunes store or on Amazon and possibly other streaming services we didn't discuss. Eventually, DVD's will be available, too. Once purchase links become available, I'll be sure to list all the ways you can get the movie on the website.

In the meantime, casting calls go out this week. I'll have our Jax & Gia to show you soon!

Sylvia

Thanks so much for giving me so much needed info about the upcoming Jax/Gia movie.

looking forward for more info about viewing this movie . hope they will cast people that will do the characters justice .

A fan always

• 5 months later...

As I stated in earlier post I broke down and subscribed to Passionflix.

i thought the movie was pretty good.  Kept real close to the book.  I wasn’t thrilled with the ending, was not sure of what type of party it was but I did know that it was at Rossi’s and I’m assuming it was an engagement party.  Perplexed as to why Jax was the only one wearing a rossi’s T-shirt.

The rating for this movie I felt was PG 13 rather than R.  I have seen sex/love scenes with more sizzle on network TV (Good Behavior on TNT comes to mind ) than in this movie.  As for Passionflix, I am glad we were given a reduced price and can cancel at anytime which I will be doing before my month ends.  It had only 25 movies and they were all OLD.

As I said I did enjoy the movie.

I've not signed up to Passionflix, I may do for a month when there are more of the original films available to watch, but I prefer to buy films to keep rather than stream so if it appears on DVD or as a purchasable download from iTunes I will be happy.

• 5 months later...

Still can't believe that there wasn't more discussion on the Aftershock/Afterburn movie.  Never it saw it come out in DVD, just video and very expensive.

Felt that it was rated ore PG-13 than R, especially since it was supposed to be an erotic movie.

I've not seen it, Amazon video has it for rental or purchase here in the UK but it is £19.99 to buy where most movies are £9.99 - £13.99 and for that price I'd prefer a dvd (I like to own a physical product rather than just a download).