I read the Crossfire Series wasn't going to be made for film/TV after all

SDFan

When IMDB still had their message boards, people would sometimes post about the Crossfire books since there are similarities between them and Fifty Shades of Grey on the Fifty Shades boards. Before the boards were taken down, someone posted about an article that claimed the TV series (or movie) wasn't going to be made because the filmmakers wanted to tone it down while Sylvia wanted it to stay true to the books for her fans. I haven't heard anything else about this, but if Passionflix is going ahead with Afterburn/Aftershock then maybe they should go ahead and make Crossfire as well.

When IMDB still had their message boards, people would sometimes post about the Crossfire books since there are similarities between them and Fifty Shades of Grey on the Fifty Shades boards. Before the boards were taken down, someone posted about an article that claimed the TV series (or movie) wasn't going to be made because the filmmakers wanted to tone it down while Sylvia wanted it to stay true to the books for her fans. I haven't heard anything else about this, but if Passionflix is going ahead with Afterburn/Aftershock then maybe they should go ahead and make Crossfire as well.

I only know what the author herself has written on her web site:

Lionsgate optioned the rights to the Crossfire saga in 2013 and renewed the option twice. After three years of development, Sylvia declined to option again and she presently retains the adaptation rights. She eventually expects to find the right partner, but for now, the Crossfire series is no longer in development.

I know things in the film and music industry can move slowly but three years just 'developing' without casting and filming of a story that exists seems a long time.

As to similarities between the two stories well of course there are, as there are with a lot of the books of this genre.  It can't have been easy to finish the last two books after the full  publication of the Fifty Shades books, with the past comments about similarities, and ensuring any idea Sylvia had that ran along the lines of what happened in Fifty were not  put into the Crossfire books.  I do not like the idea of bdsm (and Christian turning out to be a sadist) so was pleased that despite some early hints that Gideon might have such inclinations, the books didn't turn him into someone who got off on physically punishing the person he loved.  Could you see Eva kneeling in submission!!!  

I really don't think Sylvia did it intentionally either. I think the first Crossfire book came out shortly after the Fifty Shades books did. Nobody seemed to realize that it takes a while to write a book, have it edited and released so chances of the first Crossfire books already being written before Fifty Shades was released is a huge possibility. I also believe Sylvia when she said she has never read any of the Fifty Shades books and her Crossfire Series came from an idea she got while writing another one of her stories. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

There were some tweets between Sylvia and fans over the Christmas period about this - the books are still optioned by the second company.  TV series would be best.  Passionflix are good but I'm not sure the Crossfire storyline is best filmed the way they do (not a criticism, I've enjoyed the films they have done).  Crossfire is a little more fast paced than some of the stories Passionflix have done, with the background stories of both lead characters the filming needs to be sympathetic to that as well as to the sexy side of the story.  A film would have been great but with the time of a film so much of the story would have to be cut that it wouldn't work.

2 hours ago, D500 said:

There were some tweets between Sylvia and fans over the Christmas period about this - the books are still optioned by the second company.  TV series would be best.  Passionflix are good but I'm not sure the Crossfire storyline is best filmed the way they do (not a criticism, I've enjoyed the films they have done).  Crossfire is a little more fast paced than some of the stories Passionflix have done, with the background stories of both lead characters the filming needs to be sympathetic to that as well as to the sexy side of the story.  A film would have been great but with the time of a film so much of the story would have to be cut that it wouldn't work.

Agreed. I was just curious. Would love to have something to be excited about when it comes to Crossfire 

• 3 months later...