Mugs and Red [Ends Oct. 15]

Guest admin

_mugs.jpg

Win two MARKED series coffee mugs, a Tor-logo keychain (purple heart that lights up when you squeeze it), and an autographed Advanced Reading Copy of Jordan Summers' RED.

Just post in this thread.

What's the last amusement park you attended and when?

Contest ends October 15, 2008.

27717908.JPG

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I visited an amusement park was Aug. 23, 2008 when my family visited Elitch Gardens in Denver, Colorado. The park was closed to the general public for a celebration in conjunction with the Democratic National Convention. The party was to thank members of the press covering the convention for their hard work. We were lucky enough to receive passes. It was a very different experience from any other amusement park visits I've ever made. There were no lines and everything was free - the entertainment, the rides, the food, the arcade games. We all had a wonderful time.

Hi,

We have an amusement park over here called Gold Reef City and while it has all the usual type of rides and so on its theme is a Gold Mine.

It is built on the premises of what was previously a working goldmine so visitors can still go down a shaft to the mine in an elevator etc.

Its quite a unique experience.

The last amusement park I went to was Disneyland in California. I took my youngest daughter (21) there in July 2006. It was the last time she danced with her park district dance troop from Illinois as she was moving to Nevada to finish college. We spent 4 days there and had a wonderful time. I would like to go back someday.

My last amusement park visit was to Silverwood in Northern Idaho last summer. Silverwood does a reading program with local schools and kids who read a certain number of hours in the designated time receive a free day admission. Both of my kids really love to read and so that was a great bonus for them! We had a wonderful time!

The last amusement park I went to was this year's fair. There is a pretty good sized midway with a good selection of rides to choose from. Due to some health issues I can't ride as many of my favorites as I used to :( but I still enjoy taking a walk through as it brings back a lot of memories and I can enjoy watching the others ride.

The last amusement park I went to was Disneyland/California Adventure/Universal Studios March 2007 for a big family reunion/vacation. We all had a pretty good time even though I had to share a suite with my in-laws and my three kids and hubby. My brother-in-law and his family got a different room that had A/C that actually worked.

You know, to be honest, I really don't know. Oh, I've walked the fairs over the years but actually at an amusement park...The last one I remember with any clarity was in about 1989 when a lady I cared a lot about and I went to ride the rides at the summer fair. It was fun!

That would be Six Flags Darien Lake no I'm wrong it was Fantasy Island on Grand Island last year for a family get together. I took my niece & nephew since my sister couldn't go.

The last amusement park I attended? Tought question. Do Zoo's count? If so, I went to the zoo on 7/19/08 and we saw the really cool dinosaur exhibit at our zoo with animatronic animals and a 3-D ride, but an actual amusement park with rides and stuff, has to be at least 10 years, maybe more. I grew up in So. Cal so I was always at Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm and Universal Studios and I kind of got burned out on them. I'm so deprived. :lol:

OMG! The last amusement park I visited was Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Virginia in April 1981. I had a blast and really enjoyed amusement parks, but then moved to another state and married a man who turned out to be boooooring. The most interesting thing I ever did with him was our divorce. My partner of 12 years has chronic shoulder pain from an old injury, so getting jostled around on rides would be a problem. Man...I can't believe it's been almost 30 years. Ack.

Valerie

The last amusement park I went to was Disneyland. It was a bit of a let down only because my first Disney experience had been at Disney World over the Christmas Holidays. Size does make a difference!

My favorite ride was Space Mountain at both parks! I got hooked on the butter pecan ice cream even though it was winter at Disney World. I learned why so many Canadians are snowbirds. You can forget what season it is in Florida. But Christmas just didn't feel the same in the warmer climate.