Coverflat Contest [ends Dec. 15]

Guest admin

Favourite holiday dish? Hmmmm ... that's a tough one. I know a lot of people will say turkey but I have never been a big turkey fan. I think I'll have to say my grandmother's home baked bread and rolls ... they smell sooooo good and they are so moist and wonderful. Especially dripping with butter after they have just come out of the oven! I feel like one of Pavlov's dogs as my mouth starts to water just thinking about it! :D

My favorite holiday dish is a fruit salad that we make. I remember making it at my grandmother's house in the early 1960's and we have it every holiday. It is just a simple mix of apples, bananas, pineapples and mayonnaise but it tastes so good. Now all my children make it at their homes also.

It's got to be the mashed potatos. Those are my favorite and I dream of them before the holiday! I'm on a diet so having thoes mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving was so great ... and worth the wait. I'm down 11 pounds in 4 weeks and held steady through the last week.

Tammie

Night Owl Romance