question about research and perspective . . .

jo_mama

Question

hi sylivia,

on high recommendation from a friend of mine i picked up the crossfire series a few months back and really enjoyed them.  i've read them 3 times so far and i'm still not able to put them down once i'm going.  it prompted me to pick up 'seven years to sin', since it was the precurser to 'bared to you', and i'm more than a little blown away by how similar and different these 2 stories are.

my first question is in regard to your research.  obviously 'seven years to sin' required an intimate knowledge of the time period and society therein.  and the language!  aside from a few verbs that you seem to favor i would have been easily convinced the 2 books were written by seperate people.  did you do a great deal of research for your historical books, or were they perhaps inspired by your inherent interest in the times?  are you more comfortable writing for then as opposed to now?

and my second question is about perspective, as the crossfire books are from eva's point of view and 'seven years to sin' is third person, and i wonder what your preference is in both your role as a writer and a reader.  first person stories carry a bit more excitement (for me, anyways) and mystery in the inability to know the whole story at once, but are they as exciting for you to write? 

that's all for now, but thanks for what you do.

jo

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet