RWA PRO

Sylvia Day

Question

I received my acceptance in RWA's PRO Recognition program today! :lol:

For those of you unfamiliar with PRO it is:

"The RWA PRO Committee welcomes RWA members who have completed at least one manuscript and submitted it to a literary agent or publisher and members who are published by a non-RWA recognized publisher."

I should have applied months ago when I sent out my first solicited manuscript but I kept putting it off. I'm such a procrastinator sometimes!

5 answers to this question

Hi Sylvia,

You'll have to keep me posted about the PRO thing. I have a "R" from a ms I could send in and aplly with. But like you, I should've done it months ago because now I have no idea when I'll actually get around to doing it.

ANd off that topic for a minute....I'm interested in Luciens Devil... :lol: I see a quote from Red Sage...does that mean it will be available soon?

Sasha

Definitely send in what you have. I had to send in a copy of the letter from the agent requesting the full ms and also a copy of the SASP verifying receipt. I had to save my entire ms on disk and mail it in with the PRO application.

I didn't think about getting the pin too much until recently (knowing I already qualified for it took the pressure off) but then I read the last RWR (July 2004) and they were talking about the Golden Heart in the article, The Golden Heart: Not for the Fainthearted.

Linda Hill, a GH finalist in 1991, said, "I would only have experienced, trained judges for the Golden Heart. Right now any member can judge. What's their experience? How long have they been writing? Have they ever completed a full manuscript? Do they have a PRO pin?"

AH HA! Then the pressure was on. Up until that point I had considered PRO Recognition something given for my own personal enjoyment. Suddenly I realized perhaps it was also a symbol of my commitment to writing and getting sold. I mailed out my application and required documents a few days later.

You deserve the pin! Send in your stuff and get it. The application is online if you need it.

As for Lucien's Gamble. It is presently at Red Sage, after being solicited from a partial. They request an exclusive read so I can only wait for the final word on it. (Can I say that patience in not one of my virtues? :oops: ) The editor is on vacation now. Hopefully, I'll hear from them soon! Lucien Remington is one of my favorite characters and I really like his story (if I say so myself!) I keep my fingers crossed that it will appear in print soon. I get a lot of mail about that story!