Lori Foster/Kensington Brava Contest

Sylvia Day

Question

This is supposed to be my "All the Latest" section and yet I haven't been keeping it up to date. :oops:

Anyway, I found out on September 5, 2004 that my entry, Stolen Pleasures, is a Lori Foster/Kensington Brava Contest Finalist!!!

I'm thrilled and terrified at the same time. Most likely, next time I post in this thread will be to say either, "I won a contract with Brava!" (Oh. My. Gosh!! I'd die!!! :cheers: ) or I'll be saying something like, "It was fun while it lasted." :cry:

Wish me luck! :)

9 answers to this question

HelenKay,

(loved the :) smiley!!)

Ya know... You and I, we both have heroines with "melting chocolate" eyes!! How can we not do well? LOL :lol:

I loved this:

The vision spoke. The way she said his name, all formal and proper, made him think she might have a whip hidden under her clipboard. Not his thing but he'd give it a try for her.

and this:

Certainly no reason for her to get a good look at the growing bulge in his pants. Last thing he needed was for her to get all angry and take it out on him. Or his business. Or his bulge, for that matter.
and this:

"My point is, Mr. Mann, you need professional help."  

Certainly not the first time he'd heard that.

Duncan's thoughts are a riot!! :lol: Frankly, I'm eager to read the rest just to see what he's thinking!! :D

Like Ellen, you have a talent for the humorous. I'm striving (er, struggling) for it.

Good luck to all of us! Last year multiple contracts were awarded. I can only hope for the same thing this year. :)

Thank you for your kind comment about my writing, Sylvia. The interesting thing is that my first book, a historical, was deadly serious. I didn't learn to write humor until later. And for some reason I STILL can't write a humorous historical... to me, historicals are serious and contemporaries are humorous. I don't know why, but I just do what the voices in my head tell me to do and don't worry about it too much :shock: !

Ellen F.

Thanks Sylvia! I had a blast writing Duncan. Let's hope Kate enjoys reading him.....How about Melting Chocolate for a Brava anthology title - works for me!

And I couldn't resist this guy :) Seemed so appropriate to the theme of your story.

Best wishes - to you, too, Ellen. Good luck to both of you, and those still waiting to hear, as we sit out the next few weeks of the contest.

HelenKay

And for some reason I STILL can't write a humorous historical...

I recently started a new historical that I'm attempting to add a bit of humor to. The hero, Hugh, Lord Montrose, was a secondary character in Lucien's Gamble and he was kinda funny in that one. So when I made him a hero I had to keep his personality. He's rather a curmudgeon, for all that he's young and hot!! :)

I've been so busy finishing Sapphire's Worth that I've had very little time to work on it, but once I get the first chapter done, I'll send it to my cp's and see if I succeeded. :thumright:

Thank you for your kind comment about my writing, Sylvia.

Ellen, your entire entry was great, but this part of your entry had me ROFLMAO:

“So what do you call it? When you’re in bed with a woman, I mean.”  

“Um…” He had to think about it for a moment. The unfortunate truth was that it had been quite a while since he’d been in bed with a woman. “I guess I don’t call it anything. Maybe There. As in, ‘Touch me There.’”  

“That’s pathetic. You really are a prude.”

Great stuff!! :) I'm dying to see how Alyssa teaches Jude a thing or two.